PDA

View Full Version : McPake O.G.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Just saw the highlights

EXTREMELY HARSH for Sky Sports to credit the second celtic goal to him.

He was sliding in to stop it going over the line.

If that goal was his, then there is no way templeton scored against Liverpool......

Don't worry James, your still my hero:greengrin

SkintHibby
02-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Could you link me to the highlights please?

SouthMoroccoStu
02-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Hibs highlights (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=FWAkC5ilqO4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFWAkC5ilqO4%26feature%3 Dyoutu.be&gl=GB)

Not the best quality but better than having to listen bbc Glasgow commentary

Woody70x2
02-09-2012, 07:39 AM
We could have been ripped a new one on that evidence. Never understand why Paddy McCourt doesn't get more games for Celtic. Anyway walking away with a point was an excellent result.

McPake is unfortunate for goal being credited as an OG.

Who does Cairney get to place on the mantelpiece with his meg?

Chibs
02-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Hibs highlights (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=FWAkC5ilqO4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFWAkC5ilqO4%26feature%3 Dyoutu.be&gl=GB)

Not the best quality but better than having to listen bbc Glasgow commentary
Wunderbar!!:thumbsup:

Onion
02-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Just saw the highlights

EXTREMELY HARSH for Sky Sports to credit the second celtic goal to him.

He was sliding in to stop it going over the line.

If that goal was his, then there is no way templeton scored against Liverpool......

Don't worry James, your still my hero:greengrin

:agree: McPake is a leader and captain and just never gives up, so we can expect him to "score" many more own goals if this the measure they are using. I've no problem with this, as he'll no doubt save a few lost causes over the course of the season.

J-C
02-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Very unlucky for that goal, clearing the ball off the line only to go in off another defender, bad mistake by Williams tho in the first place.

basehibby
02-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Was NOT an OG in my book - the ball was net bound before McPake came into contact with it - if he'd left it, it would have gone in - ergo the goal should be credited to the Celtic player. Don't know what the actual rule is but that would be the common sense approach IMO.

DMR1875
02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Had McPake to score anytime during the match 25/1. Own goals don't count!:rolleyes:

Highlights in German sound better than the clowns on BBC.:aok:

Franck Stanton
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
As someone has already posted if there had been no Hibs player on/near the line [as was the case in the past] the ball would still have ended up in the net. I am just pleased to see Hibs players busting a gut to get to the ball in an effort to clear it. Okay, was unsuccessful on this occassions, but, hey, thems the breaks. IF there has to be a scapegoat [and I am not saying there should be] then any blame has to be laid on Williams who should have dealt with the shot better than he did.

Geo_1875
02-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Looks like we got away with a point there. No major complaints, but must say I thought the guy came in 2 footed with his challenge on Williams.

Nando™
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Had McPake to score anytime during the match 25/1. Own goals don't count!:rolleyes:

Highlights in German sound better than the clowns on BBC.:aok:

Undoubtedly.

I like how they refer to the post as "aluminium" :)

EdinMike
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Undoubtedly.

I like how they refer to the post as "aluminium" :)

My bad German makes me think its "Torpfosten" unless there's slang involved then I've no clue !

--------
02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
As someone has already posted if there had been no Hibs player on/near the line [as was the case in the past] the ball would still have ended up in the net. I am just pleased to see Hibs players busting a gut to get to the ball in an effort to clear it. Okay, was unsuccessful on this occassions, but, hey, thems the breaks. IF there has to be a scapegoat [and I am not saying there should be] then any blame has to be laid on Williams who should have dealt with the shot better than he did.

There was a lot of spin on the ball, it swerved late, and it was at an awkward height. Sure, he could have dealt with it better, but if you watch through to 82 he makes a good save then on a shot to the far post that keeps the scores level.

Goalies make mistakes - they all do. Celtic keeper was at fault for our first - worse than Williams, IMO. It's whether they can put anything like this out of their minds and get on with the game. I think BW can do that. He'll do me.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
There was a lot of spin on the ball, it swerved late, and it was at an awkward height. Sure, he could have dealt with it better, but if you watch through to 82 he makes a good save then on a shot to the far post that keeps the scores level.

Goalies make mistakes - they all do. Celtic keeper was at fault for our first - worse than Williams, IMO. It's whether they can put anything like this out of their minds and get on with the game. I think BW can do that. He'll do me.

Goalies do make mistakes, its making as few as possible thats the trick, and that was a howler no matter what height it was at in my opinion. He also made another later in the game that should have resulted in a goal.

He's also done the odd superman impression since signing, that have so far gone unpunished.

If these were mistakes by Maka or Stack there would be numerous threads slaughtering them. I hope BW can put it out of his mind, and i also hope he can improve too, as from what i have seen so far he's no better than Stack, and we all know he was not good enough for many on here?

Nando™
02-09-2012, 07:26 PM
My bad German makes me think its "Torpfosten" unless there's slang involved then I've no clue !

It's probably similar to how we call it the "woodwork", they just go all-out and call it by it's element.

jgl07
02-09-2012, 11:28 PM
It had to be an own goal. The ball was heading over the line when Hanlon tried a clearance and unfortunately it hit McPake and went into the net.

Very unfortunate but an own goal.

Amit
02-09-2012, 11:46 PM
It had to be an own goal. The ball was heading over the line when Hanlon tried a clearance and unfortunately it hit McPake and went into the net.

Very unfortunate but an own goal.

Agree with this.

EdinMike
03-09-2012, 05:39 AM
It's probably similar to how we call it the "woodwork", they just go all-out and call it by it's element.

Yep, you're probably right :wink:

joe breezy
03-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Hanlon would have cleared it. McPake must go...

Hibs7
03-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Was NOT an OG in my book - the ball was net bound before McPake came into contact with it - if he'd left it, it would have gone in - ergo the goal should be credited to the Celtic player. Don't know what the actual rule is but that would be the common sense approach IMO.

Totally wrong if James had held back Hanlon was clearing the ball before it went over the line.

hibsbollah
03-09-2012, 08:07 AM

I noticed you made Williams your man of the match :dunno:

Was this a case of dropping off midway through the second half while reading Mark 11:25? :greengrin

--------
03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I noticed you made Williams your man of the match :dunno:

Was this a case of dropping off midway through the second half while reading Mark 11:25? :greengrin

I was trying to be funny - unsuccessfully.

You can't put a winky smilie in when you vote on a poll.

I didn't see the game, only the highlights, so I can't make any judgement about MotM.