PDA

View Full Version : Come on Hibs..... 6 points please

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 11:38 PM
With 2 home games next in our fixture list against Killie and ICT (2 very beatable teams), this is a great opportunity for us to rack up points and possibly be sitting at the top of the table.

Pat has 2 weeks to get the players prepared for what is a massive 2 games for the club. Lets get right behind the players and the manager and try and put the League cup disappointment behind us.

Onwards and upwards.

:flag:

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-09-2012, 11:46 PM
3 out of next 4 games at home and Aberdeen away.It's a great opportunity tbh. C'mon to fleck Hibs. Make it happen. ;-)

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
3 out of next 4 games at home and Aberdeen away.It's a great opportunity tbh. C'mon to fleck Hibs. Make it happen. ;-)

:agree:

Aberdeen actually look quite good, but seem to be struggling with putting the ball in the net, hopefully they don't start hitting the target against us.

Dundee at home for the 4th game, which should be 3 points.

We should really be looking at 9 points out of 12 at least over the next 4 games.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-09-2012, 12:11 AM

Aberdeen actually look quite good, but seem to be struggling with putting the ball in the net, hopefully they don't start hitting the target against us.

We should really be looking at 9 points out of 12 at least over the next 4 games.

If Hibs have any aspirations of finishing in the Eutopean places we have to be looking at max points from our 3 home games. Aberdeen away will be tough, anything from that a bonus tbh.

Wotherspiniesta
02-09-2012, 12:30 AM

This is what we used to do on this board. Set a target for "x" amount of games and it never worked. Stevie Fail even tried it at Hearts. Did he win one of those 5 games by the way?

Football cliche alert, but we should just take each game as it comes and not get carried away.

Hibercelona
02-09-2012, 12:32 AM
This is what we used to do on this board. Set a target for "x" amount of games and it never worked. Stevie Fail even tried it at Hearts. Did he win one of those 5 games by the way?

Football cliche alert, but we should just take each game as it comes and not get carried away.

It's not getting carried away. If we're going to take this season seriously, 9 points at least is a must.

Wotherspiniesta
02-09-2012, 12:37 AM
It's not getting carried away. If we're going to take this season seriously, 9 points at least is a must.

One game at a time, wee hibee.

Its nice to feel positive about Hibs again but lets no try running before we can walk.

Off the bar
02-09-2012, 06:37 AM
This is the great thing about no rangers, once you get the Celtic game out the way, the fixtures all look like possible points! Mon the hibbies!

lucky
02-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Every game in this league will be hard as there is very little between the teams.. so winning 3 out 4 of out games will be very hard.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Right that's 3 points against St Johnstone, bring on QOS in the cup!

I'll save the counting of chickens just now and take one game at a time.

SkintHibby
02-09-2012, 06:50 AM

It is getting carried away. One game at a time please!:agree:

Aldo
02-09-2012, 07:21 AM
It is getting carried away. One game at a time please!:agree:

Agreed. We rode our luck a bit yesterday... They hit the post and bar a couple of times and wasted a few opportunities but heay new season and all that. We deserved at least a point after our 2nd half performance.

2 weeks of hard work the Killie, clean slate then next face and so it goes

3pm
02-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Hibs implode when we expect. 0 points from 12 for me!!

Onion
02-09-2012, 07:51 AM

:agree: however we're still as club that cannot afford to look beyond the next game . IMHO winning the next game is the priority, the rest will take care of itself.

jodjam
02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Every game in this league will be hard as there is very little between the teams.. so winning 3 out 4 of out games will be very hard.

Spot on. Don't think many people will get rich betting on SPL matches this season. Very hard games to call.

leither17
02-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Spot on. Don't think many people will get rich betting on SPL matches this season. Very hard games to call.

I have by betting draws bet the 3 yesterday except our game 10 for 326 3rd time this season I have had a treble of spl draws up

jodjam
02-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I have by betting draws bet the 3 yesterday except our game 10 for 326 3rd time this season I have had a treble of spl draws up

Good work fella, well done

--------
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Agreed. We rode our luck a bit yesterday... They hit the post and bar a couple of times and wasted a few opportunities but heay new season and all that. We deserved at least a point after our 2nd half performance.

2 weeks of hard work the Killie, clean slate then next face and so it goes

If the accounts I've read and the highlights I've seen are anything to go by, "rode our luck a bit" is a monumental understatement.

The game was 2-2 going on 10-2 and the midfield at times seems to have been non-existent. The good thing is that the team stuck at it - last season they'd have thrown in the towel before half-time.

One game at a time - and can we PLEASE see a couple of free agents signed this week - we have no depth in the squad whatsoever.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
We are picking up points without playing to a consistent level. I would rather see the performances improve and then the points will start to rack up. We are carrying a fair bit of luck, not overdue, at the moment. So far, it seems like getting totally howked on the first day hasn't down us any real harm.

basehibby
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM

It IS an opportunity. However It's a long season ahead and while it's OK to dream, I won't be chucking the toys oot the pram if eg. we fail to win every home game - while our next four opponents currently lie below us in the league it's worth remembering that we spent all of last season looking up enviously at most of them scrapping it out for a top 6 place.

basehibby
02-09-2012, 09:45 AM
If the accounts I've read and the highlights I've seen are anything to go by, "rode our luck a bit" is a monumental understatement.

The game was 2-2 going on 10-2 and the midfield at times seems to have been non-existent. The good thing is that the team stuck at it - last season they'd have thrown in the towel before half-time.

One game at a time - and can we PLEASE see a couple of free agents signed this week - we have no depth in the squad whatsoever.

:agree: This!

Caversham Green
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
This is the great thing about no rangers, once you get the Celtic game out the way, the fixtures all look like possible points! Mon the hibbies!

That's why I think the league could be closer than most are predicting. If one of the bottom 11 clubs can consistently beat the others, there's no Rangers around to take points off them and it comes down to their performances against Celtc.

CalgaryHibs
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
With 2 home games next in our fixture list against Killie and ICT (2 very beatable teams), this is a great opportunity for us to rack up points and possibly be sitting at the top of the table.

Pat has 2 weeks to get the players prepared for what is a massive 2 games for the club. Lets get right behind the players and the manager and try and put the League cup disappointment behind us.

Onwards and upwards.

:flag:

I"ve been following Hibs over 40yrs now and every year we have these type of games and fail most of time. So I agree with you these are game we should win but remember this Hibs were talking about. I remember the days each year we had the November slump! But fingas crossed that PF had changed things.

who cares
02-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Totally agree mate, let's hope we get 12/12 instead of 9/12 lol

Franck Stanton
02-09-2012, 12:27 PM
We are picking up points without playing to a consistent level. I would rather see the performances improve and then the points will start to rack up. We are carrying a fair bit of luck, not overdue, at the moment. So far, it seems like getting totally howked on the first day hasn't down us any real harm.

To be honest NH - think the performances [cup game apart , obviously], have shown a steady improvement with each passing game. Even yesterday, we had long spells under the cosh, the fact they couldn't hit the target was down in a large part to us getting bodies between them and our goal, showing determination as a team and giving all for the cause. There were a number of passing movements, especially last 10 min 1st half and most of second, when we made upwards of 15 - 20 passes without a celtic player touching the ball. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, this is in effect a new team and the players are still gelling. My only concern at this moment in time is the depth of our squad, but I am sure wee Pat is still working on that. Have faith. Onwards and upwards.

Hibercelona
02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I"ve been following Hibs over 40yrs now and every year we have these type of games and fail most of time. So I agree with you these are game we should win but remember this Hibs were talking about. I remember the days each year we had the November slump! But fingas crossed that PF had changed things.

Thats why the entire club needs a change of attitude.

If we go into these kind of games expecting to screw up, then what's the point?

I won't be crossing my fingers, these are games I expect a club of our size to win. We don't need to rely on luck to win games like these.

LeighLoyal
02-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Two winnable games, from small things big things come.