PDA

View Full Version : Vaz Te

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Jesus he is looking good for the Hammers............and to think the majority on this board thought he was ****ing useless

Mon Dieu4
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Jesus he is looking good for the Hammers............and to think the majority on this board thought he was ****ing useless

No doubt he is a talented player but he didn't try a leg for us imo

Jonnyboy
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM

I was one of those who thought he was poor :greengrin

I do, however, think that he hardly tried a leg, just like some of those loanees we ditched in the summer.

In my defence (re Vaz Te) I liked Clayton Donaldson who has gone on to score goals at a decent level :wink:

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 09:52 PM
No doubt he is a talented player but he didn't try a leg for us imo

I would disagree, he tried but didn't have the service and thus was derided as a useless tosser by the majority of contributors to this board

Mon Dieu4
01-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I would disagree, he tried but didn't have the service and thus was derided as a useless tosser by the majority of contributors to this board

Looking at the way he is playing now, even a half fit Vaz Te with no service should be ripping the SPL to shreds, could have done so much more if he was interested

whiskyhibby

I do, however, think that he hardly tried a leg, just like some of those loanees we ditched in the summer.

In my defence (re Vaz Te) I liked Clayton Donaldson who has gone on to score goals at a decent level :wink:

Fair point re Donaldson, a missed opportunity there IMHO

Jonnyboy

I would disagree. It's oft trotted out here that players like Vaz Te underperformed because of the players around them. If he was any good he'd have played a whole lot better than he did, regardless of who he shared the pitch with :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM

He certainly never set the heather alight whilst he was here.....He is obviously a good player, but he must have been functioning at miles below what he had in his locker whilst at us.....For any professional player having bags of talent, but not utilising it beggars belief...

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 09:58 PM
He certainly never set the heather alight whilst he was here.....He is obviously a good player, but he must have been functioning at miles below what he had in his locker whilst at us.....For any professional player having bags of talent, but not utilising it beggars belief...

Absolutely, how can any player choose to play at say 50%, just don't see how it's possible

bingo70
01-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Looking at the way he is playing now, even a half fit Vaz Te with no service should be ripping the SPL to shreds, could have done so much more if he was interested

Or maybe it shows either the SPL is under rated or English football is over rated.

I personally don't think scottish football is as bad as is made out, maybe that was his problem, he under estimated it as well so tried to stroll his way through it but ultimately wasn't good enough for that :dunno:

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 09:59 PM
We've had some good players at the club over the last several years, they've just been at the club at a poor time.

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I would disagree. It's oft trotted out here that players like Vaz Te underperformed because of the players around them. If he was any good he'd have played a whole lot better than he did, regardless of who he shared the pitch with :wink:

Not quite true, most people in any occupation perform better when they are part of a team that is performing at a high standard, I'm sure football players are no different

Mon Dieu4
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Or maybe it shows either the SPL is under rated or English football is over rated.

I personally don't think scottish football is as bad as is made out, maybe that was his problem, he under estimated it as well so tried to stroll his way through it but ultimately wasn't good enough for that :dunno:

I agree with you we are under rated and they are over rated however you can still spot a player who is above SPL level when they are trying

as much as i hated them you could see that Steven Davis and Pedro Mendes had that wee bit more class than your average SPL player , Van Te in my opinion never showed that

Jonnyboy
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Not quite true, most people in any occupation perform better when they are part of a team that is performing at a high standard, I'm sure football players are no different

Fair point, well made but I still think Vaz Te underperformed at ER and that was down to him more than it was down to his team mates :greengrin

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Fair point, well made but I still think Vaz Te underperformed at ER and that was down to him more than it was down to his team mates :greengrin

Or perhaps his team mates were so poor, that they couldn't read the play as quickly as he could, therefore making him look poor. :wink:

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Vaz Te used Hibs as a stepping stone to get some fitness back and move on. Anybody who thinks he'd have stayed at Hibs beyond the initial period is bonkers. It also worked in our favour short time as we got someone who added a bit of quality to oor team at the time.

LeighLoyal
01-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Vaz Te is good. Definitely one that got away. If only Hibs had a budget a bit bigger guys like that would be kept.

What about Rab Snodgrass tho? Kicking about at Livi a few years back, best player on the park at White Hart Lane today.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM

Any chance of posting a link to these Vaz Te isnae good enough threads?

Captain Trips
01-09-2012, 11:45 PM

No they didnt, what he does after Hibs is irrelevant he was judged at the time for Hibs and was nothing like what he is now which says far more about him than our opinions.