PDA

View Full Version : Bedwetting

theonlywayisup
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
I did not travel to the QoS game, so was not able to see how poor we were! However, I felt the bedwetting after the game and negativity around it was way over the top. Yes, it was a bad result, but it is not the end of the world.

My son, who was at the game, said in his view we have 9 or 10 good players, but not much else. Take three or four of them out of our team and we are poor. I share that view. Our first eleven is good enough for the top six. Yes, we should have got more players in yesterday, and I am sure we will in the next days. It is time to get behind the team and trust Fenlon. He has got rid of most of the poor players and those that he has got in are much better than those that left.

Theonlywayisup............

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I did not travel to the QoS game, so was not able to see how poor we were! However, I felt the bedwetting after the game and negativity around it was way over the top. Yes, it was a bad result, but it is not the end of the world.

My son, who was at the game, said in his view we have 9 or 10 good players, but not much else. Take three or four of them out of our team and we are poor. I share that view. Our first eleven is good enough for the top six. Yes, we should have got more players in yesterday, and I am sure we will in the next days. It is time to get behind the team and trust Fenlon. He has got rid of most of the poor players and those that he has got in are much better than those that left.

The day i dont get utterly pissed off with a defeat from a 3rd division team, will be the day i give up watching Hibs. Stick yer bedwetting up yer erse.

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2012, 04:12 PM
The day i dont get utterly pissed off with a defeat from a 3rd division team, will be the day i give up watching Hibs. Stick yer bedwetting up yer erse.

Everyone was pissed off. Its this campaign by certain posters to stick the knife into Fenlon at every single opportunity that gets on my nerves.

The team is much better this season and the additions Fenlon has made have made a massive difference to the team mentality.

allezsauzee
01-09-2012, 04:13 PM
I was really disappointed after we got knocked out the cup by QOS on Tuesday, however there seems to be an over the top reaction to every defeat on here. The fact of the matter is that we are not going to stay joint top because PF is still trying to build a squad and it is not strong enough yet, however we are most definitely moving in the right direction. I'm sure we'll be in with a chance of finishing top 6. A vast improvement on last season.

marinello59
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM

A decent result at parkhead and you decide to start a thread slagging off other supporters? Great timing that, let's not enjoy a wee feel good moment.
The result at QOTS was a disaster. Maybe we would have done a bit transfer business before the deadline if we hadn't kissed the potential cup revenue goodbye. Bedwetters? Give it a rest.

Keith_M
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Was the result in midweek bad? Yes.

Was today's result good? Yes.

Do some people totally over-react on here when there's a good win / bad defeat? Absolutely

theonlywayisup
01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Everyone was pissed off. Its this campaign by certain posters to stick the knife into Fenlon at every single opportunity that gets on my nerves.

The team is much better this season and the additions Fenlon has made have made a massive difference to the team mentality.

:agree: work in progress! It is going to be a long and sometimes painful return to where we have been, which in reality was not that great! Let's work together to build a better future and get behind the team.

BEEJ
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
A decent result at parkhead and you decide to start a thread slagging off other supporters? Great timing that, let's not enjoy a wee feel good moment.
The result at QOTS was a disaster. Maybe we would have done a bit transfer business before the deadline if we hadn't kissed the potential cup revenue goodbye. Bedwetters? Give it a rest.
Spot on! :agree:

The OP is surely a wind-up. :cb

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Why dont you come out and name names instead of being vague about it. Northerhibee was at it last week about Hibs fans being happy we lost, and you are at it with this.

I believe we have made progress this season, i'm still to be convinced it will last but thats probably because we keep being kicked in the baws like Tuesday.

Ozyhibby
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Had it been a freak result then I could understand if you felt it was bedwetting.
However it came after three horrible seasons watching Hibs and appeared to be entirely self inflicted by the manager thinking we are Barca and resting players(it's still august ffs) for league games.
Hibs fans have every right to be pee'd off and it shows in the missing 3000 fans at home games these days.

jabis
01-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Was the result in midweek bad? Yes.

Was today's result good? Yes.

Do some people totally over-react on here when there's a good win / bad defeat? Absolutely

:agree:

far too many dramaqueens.(though i suppose if you stay in blackpool,it's gonna happen :greengrin)

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 04:26 PM

far too many dramaqueens.(though i suppose if you stay in blackpool,it's gonna happen :greengrin)

:greengrin Now thats funny, a little surprised you know about all that? :whistle:

ronaldo7
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
The seasons going to have ups and downs, its how we deal with the downs that will determine how we get on. We've dealt with the massive down from tuesday well today.

Kato
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Had it been a freak result then I could understand if you felt it was bedwetting.
However it came after three horrible seasons watching Hibs and appeared to be entirely self inflicted by the manager thinking we are Barca and resting players(it's still august ffs) for league games.
Hibs fans have every right to be pee'd off and it shows in the missing 3000 fans at home games these days.

I think part of what the OP is referring to is needless hyperbole like the bold above rather than plain expressions of disappointment.

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Why dont you come out and name names instead of being vague about it. Northerhibee was at it last week about Hibs fans being happy we lost, and you are at it with this.

I believe we have made progress this season, i'm still to be convinced it will last but thats probably because we keep being kicked in the baws like Tuesday.

Actually, I have named a name before. He's actually been on this thread already to bash the manager, which comes as absolutely no surprise.

MrSmith
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM

Unbelievable!

Alfred E Newman
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM

Todays result does not change the fact that Tuesdays defeat was a major disappointment. Our new look , supposedly tougher side should have been expected to get a result down there even if Queens are an improved team. We should not get carried away with todays exellent result either, Calderwoods mediocre outfit managed the same last season.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't think it is "bedwetting" or overreacting at all to be honest.

Losing to a 2nd division side is unacceptable even if we did have a few players missing.

It's not a one off either as we have been getting these kind of results for several years now.

However as much as last Tuesday's result was shocking, today's result was outstanding and the players have to be commended for getting that result and putting on a very good second half display.

Our squad is not good enough at the moment to be able to chop and change from game to game. It would seem that we have a fairly solid starting XI now that is at least competitive, however we have zero depth just now and any injuries or suspensions will see us struggle quite badly, as the game at Palmerston proved.

hibiedude
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
It's posts like this that keeps me away from Hibs.net

Totally pointless but wanting to slack off others who my have a different opinion....

Get a life FFS

--------
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't think it is "bedwetting" or overreacting at all to be honest.

Losing to a 2nd division side is unacceptable even if we did have a few players missing.

It's not a one off either as we have been getting these kind of results for several years now.

However as much as last Tuesday's result was shocking, today's result was outstanding and the players have to be commended for getting that result and putting on a very good second half display.

Our squad is not good enough at the moment to be able to chop and change from game to game. It would seem that we have a fairly solid starting XI now that is at least competitive, however we have zero depth just now and any injuries or suspensions will see us struggle quite badly, as the game at Palmerston proved.

This is a realistic assessment of our position.

If, as some are suggesting, Pat is able to bring in a few more out-of-contract players in the next few days, that position will be improved appreciably.

But right now we have a decent first XI, but only 3 or 4 genuinely adequate substitutes. This has to be dealt with now, especially as Griffiths, Claros, and McGivern could well be gone after Christmas.

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 05:00 PM

I can see where Wothersponiesta is comming from. All I would say BH is I know you say your not convinced that it will last but surly all you can judge it on is the results and progress so far this season? Which in my opinion is a massive step in the right direction. Admittidly being a Hibs fan I dont blame anyone for being scepticle, as during the week showed us. I do however think that in the grand scheme of things midweek might have been exactly the wakeup call this squad needed, yeah progress has been made but thats exactly the kick in the stanes to remind you of where we have been as a club the last few years and hope it gives the players and staff the kick up the arse we need to reinforce a good start in the league cannot be taken for granted.

Anyway back to my 7th Carlsberg of today.

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Actually, I have named a name before. He's actually been on this thread already to bash the manager, which comes as absolutely no surprise.

See my post to BH above........however Sponny is still no good enough :greengrin, wouldnt be a thread where I agree with you and not voice my opinion on DW would it :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
The reaction to Tuesday was justified. A lot of folk were angry and rightly so.

A good result today has only gone to prove that we could and should have been in the draw for the next round of the cup, if we had put out our strongest ' available ' team.

Today has got us back on track, which is good. But it does not excuse Tuesday's cock up.

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Theres a lot of confusion between bedwetters, doom n gloomers (d&g's) and happy clappers. Throw in the 'prawn sandwich munchers' and theres a lot of room for mistakes in fan labelling.

i think we need a tutorial.

Wilson
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
My bed smells like I've wet it but really I just misplaced a prawn sandwich. That and I've been happy clapping myself...

TornadoHibby
01-09-2012, 05:12 PM

This! :top marks

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Theres a lot of confusion between bedwetters, doom n gloomers (d&g's) and happy clappers. Throw in the 'prawn sandwich munchers' and theres a lot of room for mistakes in fan labelling.

i think we need a tutorial.

But what if its a brigade and not solitary munchers? Does that change everything?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I can see where Wothersponiesta is comming from. All I would say BH is I know you say your not convinced that it will last but surly all you can judge it on is the results and progress so far this season? Which in my opinion is a massive step in the right direction. Admittidly being a Hibs fan I dont blame anyone for being scepticle, as during the week showed us. I do however think that in the grand scheme of things midweek might have been exactly the wakeup call this squad needed, yeah progress has been made but thats exactly the kick in the stanes to remind you of where we have been as a club the last few years and hope it gives the players and staff the kick up the arse we need to reinforce a good start in the league cannot be taken for granted.

Anyway back to my 7th Carlsberg of today.

As you say winning games or not losing games like today will go a long way to changing everyones opinion on where we are right now. Tuesday was the reason i'm still to be convinced, results like that have to be eradicated, and must never be accepted as 'one of those things'.

I have to disagree, i have had too many kicks in the stanes over the years, just dont let them happen will suffice, and i and others will enjoy the good start we have had in the league. Professional players with the right character should not need reminders on how to play against teams from the 3rd tier of Scottish football in my opinion.

More of the same please Hibs, :top marks and we wont have criticism like we have had.

Northernhibee
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM

Och, I'm glad to be right BH. Those who were predicting on Tuesday night that we were going to be relegated this season are very quiet tonight.

Here's my prediction for the season: we'll have a dip in form mid season when tiredness and players carrying knocks becomes a factor, but we'll see a big improvement in results and enjoy at least a top six finish this year.

As for the Celtic game, I'll enjoy the result without adding "buts" or "ifs" and be happy for a bit of good Hibs related news. That's how I enjoy life, making the most of good times without adding conditions or clauses. Bad times will always happen, results like today, the good showing against Hearts, the wins against St Johnstone and St Mirren, I've enjoyed them a lot.

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
My bed smells like I've wet it but really I just misplaced a prawn sandwich. That and I've been happy clapping myself...

Theres also different DEGREES of bedwetters. From the little wet spot on the front of the hibby jimjams to those skinny dipping in a literal lake of weewee.

500miles
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
There are folk on this messageboard, so resigned to failure, that they jump on any sign of weakness and poor result, and herald it as one of the horsemen of the apocalypse.

I was disappointed by the result on Tuesday, but I'm aware that consistancy is rare enough in some of the better Hibs teams, never mind a team still under construction, that we are subject to banana skins and set-backs.

Basically folk need to chill out and wait until the bigger picture reveals itself. If nothing else, I'm positive it'll be a lot prettier than the last couple of years.

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
As you say winning games or not losing games like today will go a long way to changing everyones opinion on where we are right now. Tuesday was the reason i'm still to be convinced, results like that have to be eradicated, and must never be accepted as 'one of those things'.

I have to disagree, i have had too many kicks in the stanes over the years, just dont let them happen will suffice, and i and others will enjoy the good start we have had in the league. Professional players with the right character should not need reminders on how to play against teams from the 3rd tier of Scottish football in my opinion.

More of the same please Hibs, :top marks and we wont have criticism like we have had.

Yup I take your point and just like many other fans our stains have taken a fair old booting the last number of years. I do think Tuesday PF gave these guys who even a number of people on here have been wanting to see more of or at least giving them credit, Booth for one O'Hanlon to a lesser degree, it was alomost giving them a noose to hang themselves as they proved what we all suspected that currently they are not good enough. A harsh lesson to learn yeah and gettin pumped out the cup (not saying it was down to these changes BTW) Kujabi another but I am, lets say, comfortable to take that as a lesson and hope that it makes us stronger for the season ahead. And for the record id take gettin pumped out the scottish for a top 3 finish in trhe league, I want stability over a sustained period i.e. the league and happy to sacrfice cups to get us a foundation to build on.

The Green Goblin
01-09-2012, 05:23 PM
It's posts like this that keeps me away from Hibs.net

Totally pointless but wanting to slack off others who my have a different opinion....

Get a life FFS

Sums it up for me. A post criticising people who were angry cos we lost to much lower league opposition (imagine being upset about that!) and now we get a very decent result, the op can't wait to "use" that to lord it over those fans, instead of just being happy about it.

SMAXXA
There are folk on this messageboard, so resigned to failure, that they jump on any sign of weakness and poor result, and herald it as one of the horsemen of the apocalypse.

I was disappointed by the result on Tuesday, but I'm aware that consistancy is rare enough in some of the better Hibs teams, never mind a team still under construction, that we are subject to banana skins and set-backs.

Basically folk need to chill out and wait until the bigger picture reveals itself. If nothing else, I'm positive it'll be a lot prettier than the last couple of years.

Phew a balanced and accurate view :agree:

blackpoolhibs
Och, I'm glad to be right BH. Those who were predicting on Tuesday night that we were going to be relegated this season are very quiet tonight.

More pish, who was predicting relegation, name them?

Here's my prediction for the season: we'll have a dip in form mid season when tiredness and players carrying knocks becomes a factor, but we'll see a big improvement in results and enjoy at least a top six finish this year.

I hope you are right, i have said similar

As for the Celtic game, I'll enjoy the result without adding "buts" or "ifs" and be happy for a bit of good Hibs related news. That's how I enjoy life, making the most of good times without adding conditions or clauses. Bad times will always happen, results like today, the good showing against Hearts, the wins against St Johnstone and St Mirren, I've enjoyed them a lot.

I too will enjoy the result, and am more than happy for GOOD HIBS RELATED NEWS. I will have a few beers tonight and take the pish out of a few smellies who frequent my club. I will even name them, wee pat, his wife elsie and limpy John, all celtic mad.

Northernhibee
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM

:top marks

Not time yet to get the placards out at ER nor the time to get a Fenlon tattoo, but will enjoy a beer tonight in the knowledge we're still 2nd.

mikethehibee69
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
:aok::top marks
The reaction to Tuesday was justified. A lot of folk were angry and rightly so.

A good result today has only gone to prove that we could and should have been in the draw for the next round of the cup, if we had put out our strongest ' available ' team.

Today has got us back on track, which is good. But it does not excuse Tuesday's cock up.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Gary, that result has re-lit my fire for all things Hibernian!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Gary, that result has re-lit my fire for all things Hibernian!

:agree: Not the greatest day of my life, but results are all that matters to me.

Beefster
01-09-2012, 05:43 PM

You don't half make up some ***** in order to try and prove a point. I hate this tendency on here to use a decent result to try and give a GIRFUY to fellow Hibees.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-09-2012, 05:57 PM

This is the case with every team in the league bar Celtic, including United & Hearts.

MrSmith
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
You don't half make up some ***** in order to try and prove a point. I hate this tendency on here to use a decent result to try and give a GIRFUY to fellow Hibees.

Absolutely, particularly your second sentence. I don't get why the need to do it?

Spike Mandela
01-09-2012, 06:28 PM
This is getting tiresome.

If you moan after a cup final humping or cup exit to a lower league team you're a bedwetter, if your positive after a 3 game run at start of season you're a Happy clapper, if you whinge at everything And everyone after every poor result in a season like last you're a doom and gloomer.:rolleyes: Can't you be all 3 at different times depending on your personal mood and the way the team is performing?

Too many folk just like to come on here and use it as an excuse for name calling. We're all Hibby's at the end of the day.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM

If you moan after a cup final humping or cup exit to a lower league team you're a bedwetter, if your positive after a 3 game run at start of season you're a Happy clapper, if you whinge at everything And everyone after every poor result in a season like last you're a doom and gloomer.:rolleyes: Can't you be all 3 at different times depending on your personal mood and the way the team is performing?

Too many folk just like to come on here and use it as an excuse for name calling. We're all Hibby's at the end of the day.

If there was a nail hitting on head smiley, it would be perfect for this. :top marks

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2012, 06:32 PM

totally agree :agree: quite often comes back to bite they kind of posters on the ar*e, the popular term now appears to be 'bedwetters' for posters with differing views/concerns, also appears to be a trend that the uberites think it's acceptable to abuse/name-call these 'bedwetters', but i've yet to notice a 'bedwetter' give abuse/name call to an uberite, unless it's in retaliation :agree:

Albion Hibs
01-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I dont think there was any bedwetting after the QoS game. Bedwetting would imply panic, and i dont think anyone was panicing, i think people were pashed off at the fact we have a better team and the manager picked the wrong one and as a result we our out of a competition that was perhaps our best chance of winning anything this season.

Regardless of whether or not people have faith or dont have faith in the manager there is no denying he, with the board, has improved the team and to date our league results and position.

Northernhibee
01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I too will enjoy the result, and am more than happy for GOOD HIBS RELATED NEWS. I will have a few beers tonight and take the pish out of a few smellies who frequent my club. I will even name them, wee pat, his wife elsie and limpy John, all celtic mad.

If you want names, fine; fatbloke stated something like "concentrating on the SPL and desperately trying to save off relegation again" (not word for word, but the sentiment is the same as it was" then described himself as a realist. Considering we've now played the three teams that will cause us most problems this season and are 2nd in the league, that's absolutely mega. We've got a nice run of games now I fancy us to do well in.

Nothing winds me up more than people who mistake a bad result for poor form and wildly impatient people. We have been superb in the SPL to get to 2nd after having such a horrific team for ages. I really admire PF for getting fight and determination on show for all but two games; for me that's such a significant improvement. I've not been as proud of Hibs in a long time.

We're not going to be technically stunning for a good while under any manager, but signs so far are that we might have already made the big first step to recovery. Upsets and bad results will happen along the way, but to deride our club as not having changed is nothing but spite.

Enjoy your beer, I'm going to try and convert my mate who's just moved across from Sweden to become a Hibee :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM

I don't count those who give our manager and club a kicking at every opportunity as Hibees. Sorry.

S.sct
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM

Which should be the attitude of everybody involved with the club.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 07:29 PM
If you want names, fine; fatbloke stated something like "concentrating on the SPL and desperately trying to save off relegation again" (not word for word, but the sentiment is the same as it was" then described himself as a realist. Considering we've now played the three teams that will cause us most problems this season and are 2nd in the league, that's absolutely mega. We've got a nice run of games now I fancy us to do well in.

Nothing winds me up more than people who mistake a bad result for poor form and wildly impatient people. We have been superb in the SPL to get to 2nd after having such a horrific team for ages. I really admire PF for getting fight and determination on show for all but two games; for me that's such a significant improvement. I've not been as proud of Hibs in a long time.

We're not going to be technically stunning for a good while under any manager, but signs so far are that we might have already made the big first step to recovery. Upsets and bad results will happen along the way, but to deride our club as not having changed is nothing but spite.

Enjoy your beer, I'm going to try and convert my mate who's just moved across from Sweden to become a Hibee :thumbsup:

So you find one person who mentions relegation, but never actually said we would be relegated, and you turn it into ( Those who were predicting on Tuesday night that we were going to be relegated this season are very quiet tonight )

Complete and utter pish, there you are i have said it, some folk will class that as verbal abuse.

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM

You never ever named the fans you said were "delighted" that we lost to QOTS.

Glad you enjoyed the good showing against hearts and the wins against st Johnstone and st mirren and the draw today.

Do you ever go to the games ?!?! The st Johnstone game was interesting as we were grim in the 1st half yet went in 1 up at half time!

Fenlon himself said he was "disgusted" at tuesdays performance and result. I was too and I suspect many other fans shared my thoughts - that does not make us "bedwetters" !!! :aok:

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Glad you enjoyed the good showing against hearts and the wins against st Johnstone and st mirren and the draw today.

Do you ever go to the games ?!?! The st Johnstone game was interesting as we were grim in the 1st half yet went in 1 up at half time!

Fenlon himself said he was "disgusted" at tuesdays performance and result. I was too and I suspect many other fans shared my thoughts - that does not make us "bedwetters" !!! :aok:

Or it makes Fenlon a bedwetter?

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Or it makes Fenlon a bedwetter?

Paddy the Bedwetter - that could catch on !!!!! :hibees

Northernhibee
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM

I go to as many games as we can.

We weren't as bad in the first half against St Johnstone as people remember; after St Johnstone came out of the blocks with real intent we dug our heels in and after 35 minutes or so found how to dig in and regain possession. Not attractive or good for the heart, but to go in a goal ahead after being under real pressure against a team whose gameplan was to fight for everything in the first half and get a goal before they ran out of energy shows a good level of fight.

I was disappointed with Tuesdays result. However I never thought that it was a sign that nothing has changed over the summer, that the manager is useless etc. (and if anyone disagrees, check out posts from that day, I don't need to go and dig stuff out. I know I'm right on this one.) as we've shown this season that we've been able to fight, come out on top against teams who throw everything they can at us and come back from behind twice away from home. There's a huge amount to be cheerful about just now if you look at it.

We are Hibs and we have played the three teams most likely to cause us trouble this season. We're STILL second in the league. If people think I'm a happy clapper, or that I can piss off I don't care. Hibs are on their way up and nobody throwing the toys out of the pram after one bad result after so many signs of hope are going to spoil the party. People can join those of us who are enjoying it all when they please.

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Fenlon has done what he came here to do so far. He's replaced garbage with better players with virtually no money. Sure, they aren't perfect and they will have bad games like the QOS game. However, we are a better side than we were before he took us over in the first place.

Some fans are being very unfair with their negativity towards Fenlon, he can only improve things so much in a certain time frame and will need more time to make further improvements.

We're getting better, but the finished article that some fans are demanding isn't going to happen without more time and support.

Get behind the club and the manager, we still have a mountain to climb, but we have started!

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Fenlon has done what he came here to do so far. He's replaced garbage with better players with virtually no money. Sure, they aren't perfect and they will have bad games like the QOS game. However, we are a better side than we were before he took us over in the first place.

Some fans are being very unfair with their negativity towards Fenlon, he can only improve things so much in a certain time frame and will need more time to make further improvements.

We're getting better, but the finished article that some fans are demanding isn't going to happen without more time and support.

Get behind the club and the manager, we still have a mountain to climb, but we have started!

Yes Yes and ****ing Yes

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BEEJ
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Theres also different DEGREES of bedwetters. From the little wet spot on the front of the hibby jimjams to those skinny dipping in a literal lake of weewee.
Aaaaaahhhhhh!! So we now have a new category on here.

'Skinny-dippers' are those posters who should be placed immediately on suicide watch.

:greengrin

lord bunberry
01-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Are we allowed to be right behind fenlon but criticise him if he occasionally gets it wrong as that's how i saw things after tuesday

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM

Agreed.

I was expecting a few more to have arrived during the summer transfer window but we need to give him at least another year before we can judge him.

He's only been here about 9 months and he's only had two transfer windows to work within. When he arrived, he was required to completely overhaul the squad, such was the enormity of the task at hand. He's making progress towards doing that, although we're still a long way off from being the finished product. I think that will take a lot longer than 9 months.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Also just a statistic that I've just found which backs up my last point is that of the 18 players who made up the squad for the trip to McDiarmid Park last November, for our first match after Fenlon's appointment, just 6 of them remain at the club.

The 12 who have departed are;

Graham Stack-Barnet (fourth tier of English football)
Sean O'Hanlon-unemployed
David Stephens-Barnet (fourth tier of English football)
Richie Towell-unemployed
Martin Scott-Ross County on loan (SPL)
Isaiah Osbourne-Blackpool (second tier of English football)
Mark Brown-Ross County (SPL)
Ian Murray-unemployed/coaching/trialist
Victor Palsson-NEC (top tier of Dutch football)
Sean Welsh-Partick Thistle (second tier of Scottish football)
Junior Agogo-unemployed
Akpo Sodje-Preston (third tier of English football)

Of those 12 players, only Osbourne and Palsson can say that they have made any progress in their careers after leaving Hibs and I don't think anyone could argue that it was wrong to allow both players to leave as I don't think either of them really wanted to stay with us.

I think that speaks volumes about where we were as a club at the time of Fenlon's appointment.

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Agreed.

I was expecting a few more to have arrived during the summer transfer window but we need to give him at least another year before we can judge him.

He's only been here about 9 months and he's only had two transfer windows to work within. When he arrived, he was required to completely overhaul the squad, such was the enormity of the task at hand. He's making progress towards doing that, although we're still a long way off from being the finished product. I think that will take a lot longer than 9 months.

It will take a lot of time and frustration on our part, but this is our chance to shine as a support and to show that a few bad days at the office won't make us lose sight of the long term improvements which I am very confident we'll witness with time.

We have a manager and a club captain full of passion for the club who I believe already have us on the right road, but there's always going to be bumps along the way. We need to ride them out in order to keep moving forward.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Are we allowed to be right behind fenlon but criticise him if he occasionally gets it wrong as that's how i saw things after tuesday

That's where i stand.

It's entirely possible to be totally behind the manger and players and at the same time moan about a crap result.

Imagine if Fenlon took the view that the QoS result was merely disappointing. I'm glad he was disgusted with the players performance on the night.

He's more in touch with bedwetters than the happy clappers :wink:

Captain Trips
01-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Better change ma sheets here.

Jonnyboy
01-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Bottom line is that the only reaction to a bad result that's important is the reaction of the players in determining how to win next time out

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
The bedwetters are the numbskulls that call for the managers head because of a poor result.

There's a difference between rightfully having a go at the manager and crying for him to be sacked.

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Better change ma sheets here.

No need. You're definitely a 'doom n gloomer', not a 'bedwetter'. You just need to get out into the sunshine and fresh air a bit more often :aok:

NEXT!

Beefster
01-09-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't count those who give our manager and club a kicking at every opportunity as Hibees. Sorry.

Some of the folk you write off so easily go to all/most games and support the club with thousands every season.

You feel free to write them off and judge them on your Hibee-ness scale but thankfully, most of us are not that shallow.

matty_f
01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
That's where i stand.

It's entirely possible to be totally behind the manger and players and at the same time moan about a crap result.

Imagine if Fenlon took the view that the QoS result was merely disappointing. I'm glad he was disgusted with the players performance on the night.

He's more in touch with bedwetters than the happy clappers :wink:

:agree: I have been, and remain, firmly behind Fenlon. I think he's the right guy for Hibs but i think he got it wrong on Tuesday.

He also got it right today.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Tuesday nights result was bad, but as far as Hibs are concernded, was hardly earth shattering, we've done it before. In 30yrs of watching Hibs I've never been surprised at how we can turn a great performance or score into a shocking one, or vice versa, it just happens. Players and managers change but these unpredictable results still happen, year after year. Would I be surprised if we follow today's great result with a defeat at home to Killie in our next game? No, cause that's what Hibs have done for years.

We follow Hibs for a reason, that reason is not cause we expect wins every week. We support Hibs cause Hibs is our team, whether we like it or not we will experience many weeks like we have this week, if you can't handle that then don't follow Hibs.

7 Hills
01-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Tuesday nights result was bad, but as far as Hibs are concernded, was hardly earth shattering, we've done it before. In 30yrs of watching Hibs I've never been surprised at how we can turn a great performance or score into a shocking one, or vice versa, it just happens. Players and managers change but these unpredictable results still happen, year after year. Would I be surprised if we follow today's great result with a defeat at home to Killie in our next game? No, cause that's what Hibs have done for years.

We follow Hibs for a reason, that reason is not cause we expect wins every week. We support Hibs cause Hibs is our team, whether we like it or not we will experience many weeks like we have this week, if you can't handle that then don't follow Hibs.

jabis
01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
:greengrin Now thats funny, a little surprised you know about all that? :whistle:

i have to say,I've never had the pleasure to "boogie on down" at the afore mentioned pleasuredome that is BLACKPOOL,would seriously like some tips,should I find myself in the aforementioned "mara****adon" of seafront defrontary.:greengrin

you understand that,and you're a better man than me :agree:

Captain Trips
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
No need. You're definitely a 'doom n gloomer', not a 'bedwetter'. You just need to get out into the sunshine and fresh air a bit more often :aok:

NEXT!

I believe I am honest in my thoughts they can be put in a "doom and gloom" envelope but unfortunatly the team over last 2yrs has been extremely poor therefore that appeared to be a factual stance.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Bad day's at the office happen, but I think that the context of last week made it a bit more nippy. First of all, when you look at the teams left in it, a kind draw will take you to the semi's.However, in a week where the Orcs went South to play in at a level way above the SPL, the worst possible result for us was to go out to a lower league team, with a whimper.

One Day Soon
02-09-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm going to plump for Realist Clapper as my niche. Bedwetting drives me nuts but I can feel the angst.

Keith_M
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
I had a dream about Angelina Jolie last night and when I woke up my sheets were soaking with sweat.

Does that make me a 'Bedwetter'? :dunno:

Wilson
02-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I had a dream about Angelina Jolie last night and when I woke up my sheets were soaking with sweat.

Does that make me a 'Bedwetter'? :dunno:

No but you owe Brad an apology.

MSK
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Does that make me a 'Bedwetter'? :dunno:That would be a bedsweater naw ..?..:wink:

silverhibee
02-09-2012, 03:29 PM

:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
02-09-2012, 03:50 PM

Good for you, the club then need to stop giving people that opportunity then. I can say giving support where it is not needed can give a false sense of acceptabilty to players/manager therefore Hibs failing.

There is no one way to go about things and IMO everyone wants what is best. I thought backing Jim Duffy all the way was best as did a lot of folk, I will not do that again if I think something isnt right I will say and sorry to say just about all in last 2yrs has deserved that kicking.

hibsbollah
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I believe I am honest in my thoughts they can be put in a "doom and gloom" envelope but unfortunatly the team over last 2yrs has been extremely poor therefore that appeared to be a factual stance.

Whats a 'doom n gloom' envelope? This is SO complicated :boo hoo:

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Been years since I wet the bed.

hibsbollah
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Been years since I wet the bed.

Bloody happy clapper:grr:

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Bloody happy clapper:grr:

Well, months at least.

hibsbollah
02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Well, months at least.

You're not a proper hysterical fan until you're regularly leaving a little 'midnight message' :agree:

greenlex
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Good for you, the club then need to stop giving people that opportunity then. I can say giving support where it is not needed can give a false sense of acceptabilty to players/manager therefore Hibs failing.

There is no one way to go about things and IMO everyone wants what is best. I thought backing Jim Duffy all the way was best as did a lot of folk, I will not do that again if I think something isnt right I will say and sorry to say just about all in last 2yrs has deserved that kicking.
I don't think there us anyone from the top of the tree to us at the bottom
that think the last few years are acceptable. To think because you are not jumping up and down moaning about everything and kicking anything in range you do think it's acceptable is wrong.

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
You're not a proper hysterical fan until you're regularly leaving a little 'midnight message' :agree:

Oh, I shat the bed on Tuesday night, can we count that?

Keith_M
02-09-2012, 04:51 PM

Is there a (pardon the pun) sliding scale? Is it totally dry for a Happy Clapper right up to 16floz for a full blown bedwetter?

In fact, if we want to qualify for European Bedwettedness, do we have to count it in Metric? :dunno:

Alfred E Newman
02-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I see we have started our predictable slide down the table. Not acceptable, get it sorted Fenlon.

Keith_M
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I see we have started our predictable slide down the table. Not acceptable, get it sorted Fenlon.

14floz

hibsbollah
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&client=ms-android-samsung&tab=wi&q=dry%20nights%20pajama%20pants&sa=N&biw=320&bih=508#i=0http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&client=ms-android-samsung&tab=wi&q=dry%20nights%20pajama%20pants&sa=N&biw=320&bih=508#i=0
14floz