PDA

View Full Version : Our new starting 11!

California-Hibs
01-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I said it on another thread. We play that starting 11 every week and we WILL be in for a GREAT season! Let's hope we manage to stay injury/suspension free because i watched that whole game today and that was a cracking second half performance by Hibs! The passing was crisp and direct and we had alround fantastic movement. Not the best 1st half but we can be VERY happy with the second.

Absolute beauty from Paul Cairney aswel! Another week rolls on that we are joint top of the league! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

matty_f
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
The benefit of a small squad is that it's easier to get consistency with the starting 11.

Problem is when we have players missing.

--------
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I said it on another thread. We play that starting 11 every week and we WILL be in for a GREAT season! Let's hope we manage to stay injury/suspension free because i watched that whole game today and that was a cracking second half performance by Hibs! The passing was crisp and direct and we had alround fantastic movement. Not the best 1st half but we can be VERY happy with the second.

Absolute beauty from Paul Cairney aswel! Another week rolls on that we are joint top of the league! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Calm yourself.

The Jambos will go top if they beat Dundee at Tynie tomorrow afternoon as will Motherwell if they beat ICT. Both ties home bankers IMO.

Hibernian Verse
01-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Woah dont get optimistic, this is hibs.net don't you know?

Hibstrooper
01-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Calm yourself.

The Jambos will go top if they beat Dundee at Tynie tomorrow afternoon as will Motherwell if they beat ICT. Both ties home bankers IMO.

True but joint top after playing the 2 best teams in the league away from home aint bad :cb

--------
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
The benefit of a small squad is that it's easier to get consistency with the starting 11.

Which is why yesterday was such a rotten disappointment. :agree:

California-Hibs
01-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Calm yourself.

Try being positive...you might surprise yourself! :wink:

Franck Stanton
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Remember a thread on here asking how many points we would take from our opening 6 games. Wasn't many saying we would get any more than 3 or 4 at most.

johncrobertson@
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Starting to feel that this group of players have the type of attitude that will ensure we are not in a relegation fight this season. Add a couple of additions to give the squad more depth and this could be a good season!

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 04:31 PM

Yup, Motherwell last year as an example. We just need to be fortunate with injuries and suspensions.

I for one am delighted with our start to the season, QOS result aside. Can you imagine this place if we were still sitting bottom or down there at this stage of the season, some people need to have a reality check and appreciate where we are in the context of 4-5 horrendus years IMO

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 04:38 PM

100% correct, make no mistake about it, that was a great point today. :thumbsup: They wont lose many points at home this season, and we are now 4 undefeated in the league. Consistency breads confidence, and when you are confident you perform better. :top marks

BT58
01-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Its good to see that the goals are being scored by midfielders and defenders ...
Plus a lot of the players today could have froze playing in front of such a big crowd
Delighted with result,, mind you lennon was greeting about it being a young team boo f*****g hoo

jacomo
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Starting to feel that this group of players have the type of attitude that will ensure we are not in a relegation fight this season. Add a couple of additions to give the squad more depth and this could be a good season!

I think we need another couple though - attitude means nothing if you're injured and can't play.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
The only thing I think the XI is missing is a pacey wingers, wish we had put in a cheeky bid for Humphrey, if we can pay more wages for Clancy...

Also a midfield destroyer would be a bonus.