PDA

View Full Version : Celtic v Hibs - who was your MOTM?

theonlywayisup
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Great result today. For those that attended who was your Man of the Match?

Hibs90
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Cairney by a mile.

Leighonel
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Deegan, Claros and Cairney were all good today but just feel Deegan made some very intelligent passes and important challenges.

Hibs90
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Deegan, Claros and Cairney were all good today but just feel Deegan made some very intelligent passes and important challenges.

Good midfield 3 that. All have their own different qualities but they combine really well IMO.:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Are we gettin to the point where we would like Claros to stay come January?

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM

Yes !!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Clancy.

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM

He was excellent and dear I say looked classy at times. He should start before Lewis IMO but I think Lewi as PF says is PF's lovechild and will be back in the team before long. Tawio or whatever his name is, tell me he plays right mid?

jamieross
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Voted Deegan, some of his (and the rest of the teams) one touch, quick passing in the 2nd was brilliant. For me done all was expected of him as the 'anchor' in midfield. Still feel we lack someone who can play defense splitting passes but for me today showed some of the best possession hibs have had in ages. There was certainly no signs fear of playing them at darkheid, even conceding the early goal.

Well done lads. :pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I thought Hanlon had another good game and Cairney, but for me Deegan until he tired was MOM, with a special mention for Doyle. He ran his erse off all game, and was a little unlucky at times with the breaks.

CalgaryHibs
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Great result today. For those that attended who was your Man of the Match?

No doubt Clancey for me.

hibsboy90
01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
From what I saw on the stream, spoony looked good as well.

DanTheMan
01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Voted Cairney but Clancy was just as good :thumbsup:

LeighLoyal
01-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Claros or Cairney.

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Claros for me. Think we're starting to see his potential. Very tidy player.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Claros for me. Think we're starting to see his potential. Very tidy player.

Maybe he feels more settled?? Had more dig about him Today......

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2012, 07:12 PM
He was excellent and dear I say looked classy at times. He should start before Lewis IMO but I think Lewi as PF says is PF's lovechild and will be back in the team before long. Tawio or whatever his name is, tell me he plays right mid?

:confused::confused:

Can you just not acknowledge the point gained, without resorting to a silly snide comment?

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Claros

Telt yi he would come good but too many dinnae give players a chance to settle in.

The guy has come half way across the world from a different culture and a different football culture

Well done Jorge

Dibben
01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Claros

Telt yi he would come good but too many dinnae give players a chance to settle in.

The guy has come half way across the world from a different culture and a different football culture

Well done Jorge

:agree:

We as fans need to have more patience!!!

Titch
01-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I really like the look of Doyle he works his socks off from start to Finnish and isn't scared to try to beat a man or two

wearethehibs
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Clancy. Been my motm at the last 3 away games now.

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM
:confused::confused:

Can you just not acknowledge the point gained, without resorting to a silly snide comment?

What you talking about ya radge whos having snide comments? I gave my opinion on what I see is the situation. Where have I not acknowledged the point gained (See all my other posts today). Stupid comment.

hibees 7062
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM

I think hes been the difference since he came

StokePogesHibs
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Watched on a tape delay here in Arkansas. I thought they all looked a step change from last year. Good organization and shape and players actively looking to support each other. Well done Pat. Great point:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
What you talking about ya radge whos having snide comments? I gave my opinion on what I see is the situation. Where have I not acknowledged the point gained (See all my other posts today). Stupid comment.

Your comment about Stevenson being PF's lovechild was stupid, pathetic even....

3pm
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Jorge Claros, come on down. Cairney 2nd.

brythehibby
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Just back. Couldnt decide between claros and deegan so went for cairney! All 3 for me though.

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Your comment about Stevenson being PF's lovechild was stupid, pathetic even....

Whats that got to do with acknowledging the point gained and IMO there is no coroberation between that and the comment about Lewis? My point stands, if Lewis is fit I see PF playing him before JC, whats wrong wrong with that? I see JC as a better option and dont think LS is good enough however I think PF sees him as one of his favs as let sbe honest hes the only player signed by hibs (no loans) that since PF came in actually did decent. Still doesnt mask that hes not at a level we need to be at. Again IMO.

If you have a problem with that then fair enough, howver dont try and portray me as being negative after a good day and start to the season, see all my post for your verification if it makes you happier.

Kaiser1962
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Maybe he feels more settled?? Had more dig about him Today......

I think his confidence is growing in that both Deegan and Cairney can rattle a few opponents and Claros is is finding his way as a result. My admiration of Clancy is growing by the week and, for me, he is beginning to look the best of the influx. That we actually have a competion for who is "best of the newbies" is a major step forward from the last few season's offerings.

frazeHFC
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Cairney, Deegan and Claros will make up a good midfield i think. Wotherspoon is improving so i am pretty pleased with that 4 in midfield just now.

Doyle has been fantastic lately, really coming on. His touch today was class, him and Griffiths will be good together this season.

lucky
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Voted for Doyle cos he was available for the out ball. The midfield was over run time and time again. They did pass the ball 10m between them but never forward

frazeHFC
01-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Voted for Doyle cos he was available for the out ball. The midfield was over run time and time again. They did pass the ball 10m between them but never forward

I think it was our tactics to sit in and let them come at us. We passed it ok in the middle and although we rode our luck at times we got there in the end. So think as a whole the team deserve great credit.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Whats that got to do with acknowledging the point gained and IMO there is no coroberation between that and the comment about Lewis? My point stands, if Lewis is fit I see PF playing him before JC, whats wrong wrong with that? I see JC as a better option and dont think LS is good enough however I think PF sees him as one of his favs as let sbe honest hes the only player signed by hibs (no loans) that since PF came in actually did decent. Still doesnt mask that hes not at a level we need to be at. Again IMO.

If you have a problem with that then fair enough, howver dont try and portray me as being negative after a good day and start to the season, see all my post for your verification if it makes you happier.

This is a MOM thread in which you have made a stupid comment about LS....There was no need for it at all....You should have just said what you did above, without the dig......

I have no inclination to search your posts to see if you are happy or not, just felt your lovechild comment was poor

SRHibs
01-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Noticed a thread on Hibeesbounce after the first Celtic goal went in, moaning about Claros and saying how ***** he was/is. Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the same game as me! His only negative for me was that at times he looked a bit sluggish, but I think that's just an innate lack of pace, as opposed to lack of effort/lack of fitness.

SMAXXA
01-09-2012, 08:50 PM
This is a MOM thread in which you have made a stupid comment about LS....There was no need for it at all....You should have just said what you did above, without the dig......

I have no inclination to search your posts to see if you are happy or not, just felt your lovechild comment was poor

A comment yes and if this is stupid in your eyes so be it, dont tell me what I can and cannot say regardless of the thread.

No problem, as I said before dont question my satisfaction on today or previous on the basis of one post which you didnt agree with.

DH1875
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Claros. I'm not one to say I told you so but I told you so. Knew he'd come good :smug:.

who cares
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Claros was exceptional today, he protected the back four and made if difficult for Celtic to pass through us, he done his job well. He also managed to double up against Forrest at times to support the full back, an all round exceptional performance from the wee man.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
It is fine to say that Claros is now coming good but until recently there hasn't been a lot of evidence to back it up. He has taken a while to get there, and that is ok if you have a two or three year contract.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Claros based on the Radio commentary.

Going by what they said Hibs werent at the races in the first half and theres no doubt we could have been more than one down at half time. But what a difference in the second half and what a goal from Cairney. He impressed me in his 20 minutes home debut against Huddersfield and I have to say hasnt had a bad game in the ones I have seen.

One thing seems clear to me at least from today and the St Johnstone game, we seem to be a lot better and more effective when we press up the pitch and when we dont lump the ball up the park for Doyle and Griffiths.

We now have a rest to look forward to and then home games against Killie and ICT. If we can get full points from those two then a good start to the season will be a great start to the season. Tuesday notwithstanding ........... Grrrrrrr !!!

Postman
01-09-2012, 11:26 PM

Without a doubt I'd like him to stay beyond January

1875godsgift
02-09-2012, 12:30 AM

Are you sure this is true? This is the type of inside information that can destroy marriages and ruin relationships, are you a phone hacker?

.Sean.
02-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Claros.

Very similar to Barry Ferguson, which isn't a bad thing.

sven nil
02-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Voted Deegan, some of his (and the rest of the teams) one touch, quick passing in the 2nd was brilliant. For me done all was expected of him as the 'anchor' in midfield. Still feel we lack someone who can play defense splitting passes but for me today showed some of the best possession hibs have had in ages. There was certainly no signs fear of playing them at darkheid, even conceding the early goal.

Well done lads. :pfgwaGood post mate yes about 40ish minutes in they started to pass the ball about(final ball was not there)but still decnt to watch.Deegan went down with cramp half way through 2nd half what a player hell be when fully fit,And Cairney hes got that wee bit composure when taking a shot he will be good for 8 goals this season,Overall a good hard working performance,

And we will not mention the couple of missed crosses and that second goal eh keeper:wink:

sven nil
02-09-2012, 06:26 AM
He was excellent and dear I say looked classy at times. He should start before Lewis IMO but I think Lewi as PF says is PF's lovechild and will be back in the team before long. Tawio or whatever his name is, tell me he plays right mid?Wow now put a pair of glasses on LS when hes wearing his training gear,uncanny.And he does seem to be Pats favorite,you've no got that boy kyle fi that telly program phone number huv yi,

Na I think he reminds Pat of younger him,An average pint sized player who works hard,Although not sure if Pat got man of match in cup final

theonlywayisup
02-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Well it looks like it is between Claros and Cairney. Good to see a midfielder as MOTM.

So far, since I have started these threads, McPake, Griffiths and Hanlon have all 'won' the MOTH votes, which is nice to see it being spread around the team.

lucky
02-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Claros passed the ball well but it was short passes sideways. The big difference in the second half was Wanyama going off as he had bossed the first half.

davcar
02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Gave it to Cairney, could have been anyone really with the effort put in during the 2nd half but the goal for our 2nd equaliser was a lovely piece of individual skill.
What I liked most about Cairney and Deegan is they looked happy to receive the ball and try to do something with it! Claros played a lot better as the match wore on, hopefully he is starting to get an understanding of those around him!

Agree that Wanyama going off at HT was a huge game changer for us!

LeighLoyal
02-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Was a good team effort, nobody really shone and make bad mistakes, just all got stuck in and took responsibility. We passed it about well and were dogged. You do that and sometimes you get a reward at Weegie grounds.

Aldo
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Sheareresque celebration from Clancy.

GG