PDA

View Full Version : Free ESPN

Sylar
01-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already, but I've just noticed that ESPN is free for the next 3 months to all Sky Sports subscribers.

Quite conveniently, long enough to cover the end of the baseball season and the entirety of the NCAA College Football season :greengrin

Also coverage of the SPL, Premiership, SFL3(...), Serie A, Bundesliga

skipster7
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
not for me it isnt ??

Sylar
01-09-2012, 05:03 PM
not for me it isnt ??

You need to sign up for it and remember to cancel it after 3 months are up!

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
The offer ends at the end of this month so get in quickly, folks! :aok:

skipster7
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
You need to sign up for it and remember to cancel it after 3 months are up! ok m8, will do it tomorrow.tried to go straight on and watch Man city lol:greengrin

DaveF
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
You need to sign up for it and remember to cancel it after 3 months are up!

I got this a couple of days ago. You need to give them 31 days notice of cancellation, not cancel after the 3 months is up was my understanding.

Sylar
01-09-2012, 05:08 PM
I got this a couple of days ago. You need to give them 31 days notice of cancellation, not cancel after the 3 months is up was my understanding.

Probably correct Dave :agree:

I might end up keeping it beyond that anyway, as the NHL and NFL seasons will be running beyond the expiration of the offer.

I decided to do it at 1:55pm this afternoon, in hope that it would be quick enough that I could watch the Notre Dame vs Navy game which got underway at 2pm.

The channel was open to me moments after I completed the transaction :agree:

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Correct.

It always takes 31 days to cancel something on your account with Sky.

So if you take the offer today, it will expire on December 1st, so you would need to put in your cancellation notice on November 1st to avoid being charged full price (£10 p/m) for it.

Alfred E Newman
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Correct.

It always takes 31 days to cancel something on your account with Sky.

So if you take the offer today, it will expire on December 1st, so you would need to put in your cancellation notice on November 1st to avoid being charged full price (£10 p/m) for it.

Would it not be better waiting to the end of the month before subscribing so the the festive period games are free?

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Do you need to be an existing sky customer?

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Would it not be better waiting to the end of the month before subscribing so the the festive period games are free?

I think the offer expires on September 27th or something like that anyway, so you would only get until about Boxing Day or December 27th for free. It will have expired by the time the New Year matches come about.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Do you need to be an existing sky customer?

You need to be a Sky Sports subscriber.

Aldo
01-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Slightly off topic but if you have an android phone you can download ESPN goals.

Just watched all the EPL goals including Man City's

DH1875
01-09-2012, 08:44 PM

I might end up keeping it beyond that anyway, as the NHL and NFL seasons will be running beyond the expiration of the offer.

They don't have NHL :confused:.

TamHibs
01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
This offer isn't available to people who currently have ESPN. I asked about getting it free for 3 months to be told that the offer is only valid for new ESPN subscribers.

Just_Jimmy
01-09-2012, 09:15 PM

I decided to do it at 1:55pm this afternoon, in hope that it would be quick enough that I could watch the Notre Dame vs Navy game which got underway at 2pm.

The channel was open to me moments after I completed the transaction :agree:

Its worth noting that no uk deal is in place for NFL yet. Starts on wednesday when the superbowl champs host jerrys chomps and sky have no agreement to show it.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
This offer isn't available to people who currently have ESPN. I asked about getting it free for 3 months to be told that the offer is only valid for new ESPN subscribers.

Not strictly the case.

You could have cancelled it and then a month later, take it up again and get it free for 3 months as long as you have the Sky Sports package.

TamHibs
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Not strictly the case.

You could have cancelled it and then a month later, take it up again and get it free for 3 months as long as you have the Sky Sports package.

Yeah but then you'd be without it for a month anyway. I might just threaten to cancel it, see if they magically find a way to get it free for me.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah but then you'd be without it for a month anyway. I might just threaten to cancel it, see if they magically find a way to get it free for me.

Depends on who you get in the cancellations department, really.

Some of them will offer you a deal to get you to keep it, others will just call your bluff and just accept the cancellation straightaway.

DH1875
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Its worth noting that no uk deal is in place for NFL yet. Starts on wednesday when the superbowl champs host jerrys chomps and sky have no agreement to show it.

Do Channel 4 and ESPN not have Sunday and Monday night football :confused:. If your a big NFL fan you can get gamepass for the up coming season if it's not on the TV here.

haggisbaws
01-09-2012, 10:51 PM
i got mine 18th august so 18th october to cancel ye get it for 3 months but cancel it after 2 :thumbsup:

Just_Jimmy
01-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Do Channel 4 and ESPN not have Sunday and Monday night football :confused:. If your a big NFL fan you can get gamepass for the up coming season if it's not on the TV here.

Aye but it means paying out for internet coverage which will change if sky suddenly agree a deal and blackout games etc.

If it doesnt it means hooking the laptop to the tv etc which i consider a pain in the arse as i use a forum chatroom during games.

Best senario is espn get the rights and espn america can showcase it properly like the do the college game.