PDA

View Full Version : Tom Taiwo (eventually) signs for Hibs (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

jiggerman
01-09-2012, 12:42 PM
What happened to us signing him?

Squealing pig
01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Was thinking the same all day. Maybe still get him in since he's free agent. Any one know anything lol.

jiggerman
01-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I thought he was a free too so hoping he is still a potential signing!

LeighLoyal
01-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Who is he? I heard the name mentioned yesterday, but not signed.

DAVE1875
01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Maybe Pat wants to get today's game out of the way then try and get a few free agents in hopefully

jiggerman
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Taiwo

Some posts on here saying he was a dead cert to sign, but by the looks of things that may not have been the case.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Rejected a new deal with Carlisle a few months ago because he wanted to move closer to his home in Yorkshire, so he's potentially coming up to Edinburgh! :confused:

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
PF- Hi mr T hows things
MR T- Great Pat, heard you want to sign me
PF- Correct Mr T, Let me show you our s****y new training facillities and top notch stand we cannot ever hope to fill
MR T-But what about the strength of your squad
PF- Never worry about incidendals like that, Rod tell MRT how prudent a club we are
MR T-But what about recent league positions, how has that gone
PF-Well, we are top equal just now and pushing for a top six finish hopefully
MR T- Where's the ambition there for fecks sake, at least you have a chance of winning two cups
PF- Erm there's something I have to tell you Mr T.
PF- Mr t, Mr T, WHERE ARE YOU GOING MR T COME BACK

God Petrie
01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
PF- Hi mr T hows things
PF- Correct Mr T, Let me show you our s****y new training facillities and top notch stand we cannot ever hope to fill
PF- Never worry about incidendals like that, Rod tell MRT how prudent a club we are
MR T- Where's the ambition there for fecks sake, at least you have a chance of winning two cups

Getting sick of this type of pish. **** off to kickback if you want to post stuff taking the piss out of hibs.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Getting sick of this type of pish. **** off to kickback if you want to post stuff taking the piss out of hibs.

And just for the record I aint no Jambo.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Naw you take a hike yanerse......That's the way I see it, your oppinion may differ that's life.

And another thing the word bleeped out original post is swan....................ky

Sylar
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM

Your username references one of the most shambolic goalkeepers in recent times and your post rips the training ground, stadium and team.

You're doing a great job of convincing everyone you're not a Jambo right enough...

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM

I think the boy has a fair point....

it ain't a coincidence that so many are turning us down.

The Board have to take responsibility... they have turned us from an attractive proposition to a laughing stock over the last five years

Year upon year we have lost out on targets to other SPL teams that in years gone by the players wouldn't have gone anywhere near ahead of Hibs.

Before anybody protests saying we haven't lost out...PF said it himself

The fact we are only now setting up a scouting system that was previously stripped away shows how badly we have been run

The board's lack of ambition has hamstrung our once famous and attractive club

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Your username references one of the most shambolic goalkeepers in recent times and your post rips the training ground, stadium and team.

You're doing a great job of convincing everyone you're not a Jambo right enough...

Agreed Zibby was mince
We have been mince for the last 4/5 yrs fact
At no point have I rubished OUR TRAINING FACILLITIES, eluded to the fact that money spent on training and stands has had a detremantal effect on our team. As stated before ,only my oppinion.

And I aint no Jambo-FACT.

Tricla
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
PF- Hi mr T hows things

This is a guff post. Poor humour, poor spelling, poor everything.

jiggerman
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Not really interested in petty squabbles. anyone who knows anything genuine re: Taiwo please let us know!

Barney McGrew
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM

Year upon year we have lost out on targets to other SPL teams that in years gone by the players wouldn't have gone anywhere near ahead of Hibs

Who are these players that have turned us down or that we've lost out on to other SPL teams?

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Couple of typos right enough :na na: But take of your green tinted glasses and see what's going on around you.

This is a guff post. Poor humour, poor spelling, poor everything.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Who are these players that have turned us down or that we've lost out on to other SPL teams?

As i said it was PF that confirmed it....

don't no for definate the names but when our manager tells us it i tend to believe him

Sheridan last season was a prime example

sbell1875
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
PF- Hi mr T hows things

For a minute there I thought Mr T. was signing for Hibs. I seen him in Rocky 4 and if is still half as tough as that he'll scare the sh*te out of pansy arsed SPL strikers.

Franck Stanton
Time after time threads are posted and before long it degerates into silly primary school arguments because someone has posted a comment someone else take offence at. Gonna no dae that, lets try sticking to the initial topic guys. Now does anyone have anything to tell about the original question ? as I for one am bitterly dissapointed we have only brought in one player on loan. We , imo, need someone like Taiwo [? spelling] who is reported as a tough tackling left sided midfield player. Could also do with a wide- tricky- fast winger.

bingo70

Jim Goodwin, Cillian Sheridan (regardless of spin, we admitted we wanted him, never got him and he signed for St Johnstone instead) dean Shiels when he joined Killie and who's the boy that signed for Aberdeen in the summer from Inverness again, forget his name?

That's four that spring to mind

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Agreed.:not worth

Time after time threads are posted and before long it degerates into silly primary school arguments because someone has posted a comment someone else take offence at. Gonna no dae that, lets try sticking to the initial topic guys. Now does anyone have anything to tell about the original question ? as I for one am bitterly dissapointed we have only brought in one player on loan. We , imo, need someone like Taiwo [? spelling] who is reported as a tough tackling left sided midfield player. Could also do with a wide- tricky- fast winger.

jiggerman
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM

Agreed.

Sick and tired of threads denigrating into squabbles, stupidity and general guff - waste far too much time wading through it all to see if there is any genuine news on Hibs.

Taiwo sounds like a midfielder in the mould of what we need.

neilmartinrocks
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
And another thing the word bleeped out original post is swan....................ky

We knew that.

Barney McGrew
01-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Jim Goodwin, Cillian Sheridan (regardless of spin, we admitted we wanted him, never got him and he signed for St Johnstone instead) dean Shiels when he joined Killie and who's the boy that signed for Aberdeen in the summer from Inverness again, forget his name?

Jonny Hayes was the guy from Aberdeen, and it's widely accepted the reason he went to the Dons is because his other half goes to university there. I don't think we were in for Shiels when he went to Killie, but we did try to get him this summer when he signed for the Hun dollar.

The other two I'll give you.

I don't doubt there's players we've missed out on, but they weren't (with the exceptions above) to other SPL clubs.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 01:29 PM

Barney .... where are ye.... cannae see yer retort ... must be going blind !!!!!

Dinnae get all menstrual now ... it's only banter

End of the day we all want the same thing .....a better Hibs team on the pitch

GGTTH

PS ... lets hope Taiwo signs... SSN seemed to be pretty certain it was happening yesterday but as he is a free agent there is maybe still hope

neilmartinrocks
01-09-2012, 01:30 PM

.......but theres a few on here who'll be wondering about this:greengrin

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
They can wonder all they want, I suffered through Benny Bazil, Mark Caughey,colin murdoch, eduardo hurtado like the rest of us :agree:

--------
01-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I think the boy has a fair point....

The Board have to take responsibility... they have turned us from an attractive proposition to a laughing stock over the last five years

Year upon year we have lost out on targets to other SPL teams that in years gone by the players wouldn't have gone anywhere near ahead of Hibs.

Before anybody protests saying we haven't lost out...PF said it himself

The fact we are only now setting up a scouting system that was previously stripped away shows how badly we have been run

The board's lack of ambition has hamstrung our once famous and attractive club

So do I.

And last night's flop did nothing to change my opinion.

What's so hard for STF and the board to understand? A football club exists to put a football team on the pitch capable of competing in whatever league the team is part of.

If it isn't doing that, it's failing.

Hibs have been failing for at least the past 3/4 years, with little or no sign of any urgency from the owner, the chairman, or the board.

I don't know how it's going to happen, but Hibs need new and effective leadership at the top of the club. If that leadership doesn't arrive, the club will continue to fail. Either STF wakes up and smells the coffee, or someone else has to be found who understands the basics of running a football club.

The club exists to put an effective team on the pitch. End of.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Anyway back to Taiwo, anybody heard anything yet.

Winston Ingram
01-09-2012, 01:38 PM

Agreed. I think the boy must have thought it was funny. He clearly needs alot more practice:agree:

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Winston, winston, winston did you no read the bit about petty disagreements, tut tut winston.

Agreed. I think the boy must have thought it was funny. He clearly needs alot more practice:agree:

TornadoHibby
01-09-2012, 05:21 PM
PF- Hi mr T hows things

LTYF! :rolleyes:

mikethehibee69
01-09-2012, 05:32 PM
coming out with pish like that you should be a Jambo!!! Why post that drivel, yes we should have signed more, but we still might sign a few free agents, get off of PF's back, ffs he can't seem to do anything right, yes he made a big boo boo on Tuesday!! But he and the team got a great result today at Darkheid!! So in Pat we trust :wink::pfgwa:not worth

JCHibby
01-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Jonny Hayes was the guy from Aberdeen, and it's widely accepted the reason he went to the Dons is because his other half goes to university there. I don't think we were in for Shiels when he went to Killie, but we did try to get him this summer when he signed for the Hun dollar.

The other two I'll give you.

I don't doubt there's players we've missed out on, but they weren't (with the exceptions above) to other SPL clubs.

The Sheridan deal was 100% down to Petrie being a complete clown, Hibs had him for a % of his wage to which Rod thought he could negotiate down further which got the parent club and his agent angry (YES PRESTON IS HIS AGENT), hence being offered to every other SPL team after that, St J stepped up and agreed the terms.

Rod loses out on a number of deals due to trying to haggle far too much and it costs Hibs big time in terms of who we try and bring in. He has done great in terms of cash in and clauses etc, however buying players, not so good.

Anyway, most folk know this - great result today especially after being down twice, onwards and upwards!

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
1-PF is our manager
2-we do have good training facillities
3- our stadium is to big
4-our squad is weak
5-we are prudent
6-league form has been poor
7-we are out one of the cup
8-we are equal top of the league

So which of these points do you find to be untrue ?

That aside ,great result today lets not slip up against Killie and build some momentum.

Oh and I aint a Jambo :cb

coming out with pish like that you should be a Jambo!!! Why post that drivel, yes we should have signed more, but we still might sign a few free agents, get off of PF's back, ffs he can't seem to do anything right, yes he made a big boo boo on Tuesday!! But he and the team got a great result today at Darkheid!! So in Pat we trust :wink::pfgwa:not worth

Capt Mainwaring
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
The Sheridan deal was 100% down to Petrie being a complete clown, Hibs had him for a % of his wage to which Rod thought he could negotiate down further which got the parent club and his agent angry (YES PRESTON IS HIS AGENT), hence being offered to every other SPL team after that, St J stepped up and agreed the terms.

Rod loses out on a number of deals due to trying to haggle far too much and it costs Hibs big time in terms of who we try and bring in. He has done great in terms of cash in and clauses etc, however buying players, not so good.

Anyway, most folk know this - great result today especially after being down twice, onwards and upwards!

I believe it was the fact that the Bulgarian club wanted material loan fee paid, and our Manager didn't want to progress the matter after that.

Everyone will just have to believe what they want to believe I suppose. You seem to have the inside track on Individual player negotiations, so if it suits your agenda..... :dunno:

S.sct
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Couple of typos right enough :na na: But take of your green tinted glasses and see what's going on around you.

Yip smell of yam putting me off my beer ;-)

Kaiser1962
01-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Thats not the way Calderwood called it.

hibees 7062
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
1-PF is our manager
3- our stadium is to big
4-our squad is weak
5-we are prudent

That aside ,great result today lets not slip up against Killie and build some momentum.

This

hibees 7062
01-09-2012, 07:57 PM

Done the same with Sandaza and Swanston:rolleyes:

jgl07
01-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Agreed Zibby was mince
We have been mince for the last 4/5 yrs fact
At no point have I rubished OUR TRAINING FACILLITIES, eluded to the fact that money spent on training and stands has had a detremantal effect on our team. As stated before ,only my oppinion.

And I aint no Jambo-FACT.

You are practically illiterate - FACT!

M11BMO
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
ZIBBY had butter fingers - FACT

Robinho08
01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Funny thread. :faf:

Speedway
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
If not already, Monsieur Taiwo is very close to becoming a Hibs Player.

Hibercelona
01-09-2012, 10:25 PM

Cheers for the news! Can't wait! :aok:

machibby
02-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I guess this is the player Pat Fenlon said on the radio pre-match would be signed yesterday or today?

Craig_in_Prague
02-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Is this the player Fenlon was surprised to be offered?

007 Mickey Weir
02-09-2012, 09:28 AM
I suspect that McGivern is more the player he was surprised to be offered. That or McFadden is about to join

Tricla
02-09-2012, 09:30 AM

Typo's perhaps. Doesn't explain the poor excuse for satire though. And as for what is going on around me, all I can see is my team putting together a great league run.

hibee92
02-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's me thinking this thread would be about Taiwo.

Rookie mistake.

scoopyboy
02-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Is this the player Fenlon was surprised to be offered?

Taiwa has been ongoing for weeks.

Carlisle want money for him but nobody can work out why.

Captain Trips
02-09-2012, 10:07 AM
PF- Hi mr T hows things

Oh dear, I am no fan "yet" of PF but that really is pathetic stuff even for a joke. IMO "MR T" will see what offers suit financially first and foremost then decide on what to do.

R'Albin
02-09-2012, 10:15 AM
PF- Hi mr T hows things

I cringed reading that.

Anyway by the sounds of things Taiwo will be signing which is great news, the more the merrier at the moment and he seems to have a decent background. Happy with that :agree: (presuming all goes to plan!)

hibs0666
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
PF- Hi mr T hows things

That's so unfunnily yam fuuddish it's unreal.

LeighLoyal
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I suspect that McGivern is more the player he was surprised to be offered. That or McFadden is about to join

It's a McGivern that Faddy will sign this week! :agree:

One Day Soon
02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Yip smell of yam putting me off my beer ;-)

It is either Yam Fuddery or it is pi5h poor posting. Either way ZIBBY'SGLOVES' posts will be under closer scrutiny from now on.

Really doesn't help he/she/its case coming out with this sort of keech with only 30 odd posts.

ScottB
02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
God the relentless negativity from some folk, cheer the **** up!

What about guys like Williams, that chose us over Championship clubs? Clancy that we outbid at least one rival club for? Getting McPake back?

We currently sit joint top. Things can hardly be that bad! Hearts have lost all their best players, Motherwell have barely added anyone, the Dons lost almost a teams worth of players, we aren't alone in having a fairly threadbare squad. Hopefully Taiwo and one or two others will join before battle is rejoined...

As for the training centre, and to an extent the stadium, you're mad if you don't think such things are plus points for potential new players.

Hibs90
02-09-2012, 10:35 AM
This forum reeks of yams these days, some are so obvious some not so obvious. Admins are letting it slip a bit :wink::greengrin

jiggerman
02-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Here's hoping Taiwo signs up. Thanks for the genuine update Speedway.

I would like to see another striker sign up. Preferably a mobile forward with the ability to bring other s in to play intelligentlyhelping us retain the ball.

Golden Bear
02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Here's hoping Taiwo signs up. Thanks for the genuine update Speedway.

I would like to see another striker sign up. Preferably a mobile forward with the ability to bring other s in to play intelligentlyhelping us retain the ball.

We've just signed one. (apparently)

Spike Mandela
02-09-2012, 11:14 AM
God the relentless negativity from some folk, cheer the **** up!

What about guys like Williams, that chose us over Championship clubs? Clancy that we outbid at least one rival club for? Getting McPake back?

We currently sit joint top. Things can hardly be that bad! Hearts have lost all their best players, Motherwell have barely added anyone, the Dons lost almost a teams worth of players, we aren't alone in having a fairly threadbare squad. Hopefully Taiwo and one or two others will join before battle is rejoined...

As for the training centre, and to an extent the stadium, you're mad if you don't think such things are plus points for potential new players.

Agree with the general thrust of your point but can we put to bed this urban myth that the training centre and stand help make players sign for us.

They are a nice to have for sure but all players would jump in minibuses to train in dog **** covered parks and play in ****holes of stadiums if you offered them a few hundred quid extra a week in their pay packet. Everytime.

Fergus52
02-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Agree with the general thrust of your point but can we put to bed this urban myth that the training centre and stand help make players sign for us.

They are a nice to have for sure but all players would jump in minibuses to train in dog **** covered parks and play in ****holes of stadiums if you offered them a few hundred quid extra a week in their pay packet. Everytime.

I seem to remember Mowbary bemoaning the fact we had no proper training facilities and how it put players off coming to us.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Is this taiwo any good ??

fife hfc
02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Well what I have read on here so far carlisle fans think he is good. But Coventry fans think McPake and Deegan are humpty and MK Dons fans thought O'hanlon was ok:faf: so basically not sure and would be glad to make up my own mind if he signs and I'm prepared to trust fenlon as his signings so far this season look promising.

Thomson
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland)
I'm told Hibs are still favourites for Taiwo, don't know what happened on friday but something put the deal on hold

basehibby
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
1-PF is our manager
3- our stadium is too big
4-our squad is weak
5-we are prudent

Our stadium is not too big - just the team has not been good enough to fill it so far.

Hibiza
02-09-2012, 01:10 PM
PF slipped in an interview, radio scotland, that there would be a signing today (yesterday) or tomorrow (today).

Sean1875
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Our stadium is not too big - just the team has not been good enough to fill it so far.

Without wanting to get into another stadium debate, when was the last time we actually sold out ER? Genuine question by the way, not a pop :agree:

hfc rd
02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Without wanting to get into another stadium debate, when was the last time we actually sold out ER? Genuine question by the way, not a pop :agree:

Was it the Dunfermline game last season?

Sean1875
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM

Pretty sure there was only 14-15k tops at that game no? I could be wrong though!

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM

No chance, the last sell-out will be before the new stand was built.

bingo70
02-09-2012, 01:31 PM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114171311

Carlisle fans seem to really rate him and seems to have a good attitude so sounds like a promising signing :agree:

Still hope we can get a winger in though.

ScottB
02-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Im not sure, like anybody else they want good working conditions, if I was offered a job on a bit more money in some cold, dimly let office or one on a bit less in a nice, bright, new open plan office, I'd probably go for the latter.

Same with players, in theory having access to a state of the art training facility *should* allow players to perform better, develop better and ultimately go on to better careers. While that doesn't seem to have worked out as easily as we might have hoped, I really think that it is unquestionably an asset. If it wasn't, I can't think why so many clubs would have bothered to invest in them!

SouthMoroccoStu
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
We've just signed one. (apparently)

ALL TOGETHER NOW.....

K IS FOR KUQI, HE PLAYS FOR THE HIBEES......:flag::flag::flag:

:greengrin

patch1875
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Heard he's a bit of a twit

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
For a minute there I thought Mr T. was signing for Hibs. I seen him in Rocky 4 and if is still half as tough as that he'll scare the sh*te out of pansy arsed SPL strikers.

Mr T wasnae in Rocky IV are you sure you are not confusing him with Sylvester Stallone?

WindyMiller
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
For a minute there I thought Mr T. was signing for Hibs. I seen him in Rocky III and if is still half as tough as that he'll scare the sh*te out of pansy arsed SPL strikers.

Edited

:hnet:

Paisley Hibby
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Well what I have read on here so far carlisle fans think he is good. But Coventry fans think McPake and Deegan are humpty and MK Dons fans thought O'hanlon was ok:faf: so basically not sure and would be glad to make up my own mind if he signs and I'm prepared to trust fenlon as his signings so far this season look promising.

And there was a whole thread two weeks ago with folk saying what a great player Kuqi is, praying we would sign him and then celebrating when we did. This was followed by another thread from Tuesday night telling us how pash he is :rolleyes: Like you I will be gald to make my mind up about anybody Pat signs once the player has had a decent amount of time to settle in.

hfc rd
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM

Carlisle fans seem to really rate him and seems to have a good attitude so sounds like a promising signing :agree:

Some of those Carlisle fans are acting as if he has betrayed them.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2012, 05:31 PM
And there was a whole thread two weeks ago with folk saying what a great player Kuqi is, praying we would sign him and then celebrating when we did. This was followed by another thread from Tuesday night telling us how pash he is :rolleyes: Like you I will be gald to make my mind up about anybody Pat signs once the player has had a decent amount of time to settle in.

Was there, if there was i dont remember it? I remember folk saying he was past it, and others saying he might do a job for us, but nobody praying we'd sign him or celebrating when he did.

I wonder if i need another trip to specsavers, or is this just another case of someone making something up to make their point more relevant?

fatbloke
02-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Results like yesterday will do no end of good either.

Jim44
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Some of those Carlisle fans are acting as if he has betrayed them.

The general tone of the thread suggests that it's a done deal but two posters reminded the others that he hasn't signed. Maybe we shouldn't jump the gun. :dunno:

LeighLoyal
02-09-2012, 07:26 PM

I thought he was a winger? :confused:

Cocaine&Caviar
02-09-2012, 07:28 PM
I thought he was a winger? :confused:

Industrious Midfielder I believe.

LeighLoyal
02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Industrious Midfielder I believe.

Workmanlike terrier. :greengrin Classic Hibs midfielder.

Winston Ingram
02-09-2012, 07:54 PM
1-PF is our manager
3- our stadium is to big
4-our squad is weak
5-we are prudent

Our stadium is not too big. We've been that ***** over the last 4 yrs that fans aren't interested in coming.

We have the fanbase out there who are willing to attend games if we give them a half decent product

--------
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
PF slipped in an interview, radio scotland, that there would be a signing today (yesterday) or tomorrow (today).

AND? :cb

erin go bragh
02-09-2012, 08:13 PM
The Dunfermline game was the first and only time the new east has been sold out .

The whole stadium :cbid say the Aek Athens game was our last full house .

ggtth

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
The Dunfermline game was the first and only time the new east has been sold out .

ggtth

Fairly sure there have been derbies where ER's been sold out more recently than that, don't have the facts and figures though.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 08:16 PM

ggtth

Nah we had a few sell outs under Mowbray - seem to remember one was a St Mirren game.

Perhaps in the cup?

Green Cabbage 7
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Most likely when we were playing attractive attacking football and won a few games, even on the odd slip up the football was good the crowds stayed good! So apart from old firm games must have been when the kids were strutting there stuff so Mowbray era i would think or jc:not worth

sahib
02-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Is this guy another Irishman? If not, I would give him a wide berth. Pat's ethnocentric signing policy is working well so far.:wink:

Vault Boy
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
From the reviews alone, I'd be delighted with the signing of Taiwo, but whoever Paddy brings in I'm sure will be an asset, as he has already proved with his dealings so far.

:pfgwa

Broken Gnome
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Most likely when we were playing attractive attacking football and won a few games, even on the odd slip up the football was good the crowds stayed good! So apart from old firm games must have been when the kids were strutting there stuff so Mowbray era i would think or jc:not worth

I would think the 1-1 New Year game in 2010, maybe?

A wee bit off saying we haven't had a sell out in 11 years. There's been plenty.

archiebald
02-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Is this guy signed or not ? :brickwall:brickwall

Jim44
02-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Is this guy signed or not ? :brickwall:brickwall

No.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Looking for a signing or two today.

Could this guy be one of them?:flag:

scoopyboy
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
I would think the 1-1 New Year game in 2010, maybe?

A wee bit off saying we haven't had a sell out in 11 years. There's been plenty.

The guy did say the new East.

scoopyboy
03-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Looking for a signing or two today.

Could this guy be one of them?:flag:

We are signing a flag?

paul_hfc3
03-09-2012, 09:37 AM
We are signing a flag?

Haha:faf: Well played well played. :top marks

Hermit Crab
03-09-2012, 09:39 AM
It is either Yam Fuddery or it is pi5h poor posting. Either way ZIBBY'SGLOVES' posts will be under closer scrutiny from now on.

Really doesn't help he/she/its case coming out with this sort of keech with only 30 odd posts.

Just LTYF

MB62
03-09-2012, 09:45 AM
We are signing a flag?

A Taiwon flag :wink: :greengrin

Gmack7
03-09-2012, 10:19 AM
surely the big team will gazump us and offer humungus wonga

Broken Gnome
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
The guy did say the new East.

True, but...

The whole stadium id say the Aek Athens game was our last full house .

... was also said :agree:

Jim44
03-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Is this rumour dying a slow death? :dunno:

Alex Trager
03-09-2012, 04:03 PM
This is my thinking too, it certainly is looking like it may be the case, hoping not obviously

Mikey
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM

It does seem to be dragging on.

bingo70
03-09-2012, 04:13 PM
If there is compensation to be paid to Carlisle is there a danger this would be viewed as a transfer rather than him signing as a free agent?

Wouldn't have thought so but wonder if that's potentially a reason for the hold up?

SaulGoodman
03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Just LTYF

:agree: The sooner he's launched the sooner he can get back to Sickback to tell his inbred mates what a great job he's done 'winding up all the Hibs fans'

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Surely George Street is a big step up from Botchergate!

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 06:48 PM
If there is compensation to be paid to Carlisle is there a danger this would be viewed as a transfer rather than him signing as a free agent?

Wouldn't have thought so but wonder if that's potentially a reason for the hold up?

Surely he's either a free agent or he's not? Or is this like when Raja said Zemmama was under contract but he thought otherwise?

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Surely he's either a free agent or he's not? Or is this like when Raja said Zemmama was under contract but he thought otherwise?

No, it's like Sone Aluko last season where he was out of contract but his previous club (Aberdeen) were due compensation because he was under 23 years old and the previous club had made a contract offer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2065937/Sone-Aluko-funds-Rangers.html

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 06:53 PM
No, it's like Sone Aluko last season where he was out of contract but his previous club (Aberdeen) were due compensation because he was under 23 years old and the previous club had made a contract offer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2065937/Sone-Aluko-funds-Rangers.html

Gotcha. Aren't these kind of fees set though? Didn't think there was room for bargaining in those situations.

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Gotcha. Aren't these kind of fees set though? Didn't think there was room for bargaining in those situations.

Not really, as Taiwo could just wait until his 23rd birthday (in February) and a club could sign him for free. Carlisle could end up taking the view that they're better taking (say) £50K now instead of insisting on the full amount.

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Not really, as Taiwo could just wait until his 23rd birthday (in February) and a club could sign him for free. Carlisle could end up taking the view that they're better taking (say) £50K now instead of insisting on the full amount.

But can they demand any amount they want? I'd always thought these kind of fees were 'calculated' in some way, no idea how I thought they came up with a number. What if the player was 19, could his club say 'give £20 million or you'll have to wait 4 years'? :confused:

ScottB
03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
But can they demand any amount they want? I'd always thought these kind of fees were 'calculated' in some way, no idea how I thought they came up with a number. What if the player was 19, could his club say 'give £20 million or you'll have to wait 4 years'? :confused:

I believe it's up to the clubs to negotiate, but it can be taken to a tribunal if they can't agree / one demands a ludicrous amount.

Onceinawhile
03-09-2012, 07:09 PM
It's cross border though so that shouldnt matter

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I believe it's up to the clubs to negotiate, but it can be taken to a tribunal if they can't agree / one demands a ludicrous amount.

Cheers, that makes sense.

erin go bragh
03-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Same as Clayton Donaldson :wink: who we got for brussel sprout.

ggtth

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 07:21 PM

Same as Clayton Donaldson :wink: who we got for brussel sprout.

ggtth

He was over 23 when Hibs signed him (born Feb 1984, signed June 2007).

The cross border thing only matters to the extent that an English club would have to wait until Taiwo was 24 before signing him for free. Foreign (inc Scottish) clubs can do that at 23.

Speedway
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Taiwo deal should have been long ago as his medical was arranged some time back but dunno if it ever happened.

Unless we're doing a Cairney on this, it should have been announced over the weekend.

Sillyname was also in talks (why is beyond me) and there is a third but haven't a kung-fu who it is or what position.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Possibly linked to the Galbraith thread
One in one out

500miles
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Taiwo deal should have been long ago as his medical was arranged some time back but dunno if it ever happened.

Unless we're doing a Cairney on this, it should have been announced over the weekend.

Sillyname was also in talks (why is beyond me) and there is a third but haven't a kung-fu who it is or what position.

Sillyname? Goodwillie?

Speedway
03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Sillyname? Goodwillie?

No, not awfulmember, Cillian.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Was that before or after Kuqi signed?

erin go bragh
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
He was over 23 when Hibs signed him (born Feb 1984, signed June 2007).

The cross border thing only matters to the extent that an English club would have to wait until Taiwo was 24 before signing him for free. Foreign (inc Scottish) clubs can do that at 23.
But Taiwo is also over 23 :cbor am i having a blonde moment :greengrin

ggtth

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Was that before or after Kuqi signed?

Must be after, he wasn't released by his Bulgarian club until last week.

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 08:01 PM

ggtth

Born 27/2/90 according to Wikipedia - he's 22.

Aldo
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
It doesn't matter how old he is because he would be moving to another country, from England to Scotland

Maybe a clause in his expired contract

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 08:09 PM
It doesn't matter how old he is because he would be moving to another country, from England to Scotland

Aye it does. Only difference it makes is a player is free to move over 23 internationally, it's restricted to over 24 within England. But he's under 23 anyway. York were jumping up and down when Hibs signed Donaldson (a 23 year old) for free because English clubs would have had to pay them a fee, Hibs didn't because of the year difference.

Maybe a clause in his expired contract

No. A contract that is no longer in force is irrelevant.

Aldo
03-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Aye it does. Only difference it makes is a player is free to move over 23 internationally, it's restricted to over 24 within England. But he's under 23 anyway. York were jumping up and down when Hibs signed Donaldson (a 23 year old) for free because English clubs would have had to pay them a fee, Hibs didn't because of the year difference.

No. A contract that is no longer in force is irrelevant.

I stand corrected

ekhibee
04-09-2012, 12:23 PM

ggtth

what about this guy (also called Taiwo) looks like a similar kind of player.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Taiwo

Hibiza
04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Sillyname? Goodwillie?

Silly name..... Colin Calderwood.

Franck Stanton
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
From the reviews alone, I'd be delighted with the signing of Taiwo, but whoever Paddy brings in I'm sure will be an asset, as he has already proved with his dealings so far.

Exactly, best post on here.

Craig_in_Prague
05-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Bit disapointed with no new players; a few days before window slammed shut Fenlon looked confident of getting "2 or 3" players in.... and over the weekend looked confident of adding one more "today or in the next day"..........

lucky
05-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Taiwo signing seems to have dragged on for ages. Surely he's signing or not. If its a not then move on to another target as the squad is thin as the QoS game showed.

CallumLaidlaw
05-09-2012, 08:20 AM
This week would've been the ideal time to get 1 or 2 in with the international break coming up.

PeterboroHibee
05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Taiwo signing seems to have dragged on for ages. Surely he's signing or not. If its a not then move on to another target as the squad is thin as the QoS game showed.

Does seem odd that Fenlon was quite confident of getting someone in on Sunday/Monday, and we havent heard anything since then. Not that it matters with no games coming up but I agree, if it was Tawio and hes not prepared to sign, lets move on.

RoscoHibby
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Have it on very decent authority that the deal has been delayed due to Hibs (Rod!) checking, double checking and then checking some more, as to whether or not we're going to be due compensation to Carlisle. Signing should be announced this week.

brydekirk
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Have it on very decent authority that the deal has been delayed due to Hibs (Rod!) checking, do
uble checking and then checking some more, as to whether or not we're going to be due compensation to Carlisle. Signing should be announced this week.

Hope thats all it is. GG

NatureBoy
05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Have it on very decent authority that the deal has been delayed due to Hibs (Rod!) checking, double checking and then checking some more, as to whether or not we're going to be due compensation to Carlisle. Signing should be announced this week.

Fingers crossed he's signed up this week seems exactly what we need on paper but I've though that before De Graff ha! Pat has shown so far he can spot a player so I have faith!

:pfgwa:pfgwa

fife hfc
05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
All in the spin.

I heard it was delayed due to Carlisle making a claim to compensation which had to be checked.

If the board thought they were goingto get 100k rated player for free then found out they had to pay 250k compensation, I don't think there would be many volunteers to switch the fan on.

Figures are not representative of the players value or perceived value and have only been added to provide an example of a direction the contract negotiations may take.
The purpose of this reply is not to agree or disagree with the post above but to offer an opinion which is not based on factual evidence provided by either Hibernian Football Club, Carlisle United Football Club, the player, player's agent or from the governing bodies under which the football clubs compete.
I'm getting a bit bored now so I'm going to stop.

Is that not what the original poster you quoted said him/herself.

Monts
05-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Is that not what the original poster you quoted said him/herself.

Ultimitely yes, but the first infered that Rod was holding it up, the second implied that carlisle were holding it up.

Mikey
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
If there's no money then it seems fair that the club needs to be sure that there's nothing due further down the line.

scoopyboy
05-09-2012, 11:19 AM
This week would've been the ideal time to get 1 or 2 in with the international break coming up.

Unless the player is away on international duty:greengrin

Aldo
05-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Which player??

Gmack7
05-09-2012, 02:02 PM

damm,so its not steven fletcher then

scoopyboy
05-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Which player??

No player in particular unfortunately.

Was just thinking Ryan McGivern signed on Friday and won't be training with us until possibly the day before the Killie game. Was thinking any other signings may be in the same boat.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Any ideas if this lad is coming on board.

Was thinking the announcement of the Stanton contract may have been the smokescreen signaling the end of our transfer activity.

Jim44
06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I think this is simply a daft rumour that has grown arms and legs. I don't remember seeing any reference to it in the media, either referring to our initial interest or to the problems causing a delay. I wouldn't hold my breath for a positive ending to this situation.

BigKev
06-09-2012, 09:58 AM
I think this is simply a daft rumour that has grown arms and legs. I don't remember seeing any reference to it in the media, either referring to our initial interest or to the problems causing a delay. I wouldn't hold my breath for a positive ending to this situation.

Sky Sports News mentioned it on deadline day mate - pretty sure they had it as a confirmed deal at one stage...

IWasThere2016
06-09-2012, 10:02 AM

There has been media reference - possibly (most likely) from here. I've asked around and can't get any more info either way!

scoopyboy
06-09-2012, 10:04 AM

So because you haven't seen any reference to it then its a daft rumour.

FWIW it was on the PM board weeks ago, it was in the Sunday Post and as previously mentioned on sky sport news.

Winston Ingram
06-09-2012, 10:56 AM

Definitely mentioned on Sky. Also the Carlisle message boards seem to think he's already signed for us

JimBHibees
06-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Sky Sports News mentioned it on deadline day mate - pretty sure they had it as a confirmed deal at one stage...

It was. It is quite a complex deal with the guy being 22 I think (if he was 23 he could have signed for us for zilch) and Carlisle expecting some sort of compensation due to his age even though his contract with them has expired.

Imagine just a case of it taking longer than normal due to this.

silverhibee
06-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Saying in the Express that he is looking for another defender.

Only link i could find was this. http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/the-rumour-mill-thursday-s-football-news-and-gossip-1-2509411

silverhibee
06-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Now he seems to be content with the squad he has.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/trimmed-squad-presents-chance-for-hibs-kids-says-fenlon-1-2509340

sahib
06-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Now he seems to be content with the squad he has.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/trimmed-squad-presents-chance-for-hibs-kids-says-fenlon-1-2509340

He didn't realise he was content until Petrie told him so.

MB62
06-09-2012, 01:54 PM
from that article

Fenlon made nine signings over the summer and is still looking to add at least one further new face as he scours the list of free agents still available, but he revealed he’s content with the squad currently at his disposal.

Still looking but content.

Content

I still need about 4 or 5 more players in the squad to give us any chance of a decent season but between being skint and players just wanting far more money than we pay, I haven't been able to sign the ones I wanted so I'm stuck with what I have. Really need to scour this 'free' list for anybody now.

Happy

A couple of late signings fell through at the last minute. Really could have been doing with them signing but let's see who I can pick up from the 'free' list.

Delighted

Well that's everybody signed I had hoped for. No manager is ever totally delighted of course so if anybody else crops up that we can afford, great, but if not then so be it.

Beefster
06-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think Fenlon has helped expectations on the recruitment front with his interviews tbh.

bigwheel
06-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't think Fenlon has helped expectations on the recruitment front with his interviews tbh.

I like his open and candid style...even if some of his predictions don't come off...much preferred to a "we will announce something when we have something to say" style....

Cocaine&Caviar
06-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Off topic, but Sheridan signs for Killie.

edinburghhibee
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
No loss in my eyes anyway

theonlywayisup
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
So, what is the latest with the signing of Taiwo? Is the deal dead?

jacomo
07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Off topic, but Sheridan signs for Killie.

Time will tell whether he or Kuqi prove to be the better signing. I'm cautiously optimistic.

CallumLaidlaw
13-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Tweet from STV journo -

Interesting face at Easter Road. Midfielder Tom Taiwo is here in the Hibs squad photo, but I understand he hasn't actually signed yet.

CallumLaidlaw
13-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Pic on this link - https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiekborthwick#!/jamiekborthwick

Golden Bear
13-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Tweet from STV journo -

Interesting face at Easter Road. Midfielder Tom Taiwo is here in the Hibs squad photo, but I understand he hasn't actually signed yet.

I wonder when the squad photo was taken?

:hmmm:

CallumLaidlaw
13-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I wonder when the squad photo was taken?

:hmmm:

Today I think

BS44
13-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Pic on this link - https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiekborthwick#!/jamiekborthwick

The Easter Road slope is back.

http://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick/status/246236483671957504/photo/1/large

Who is the woman in the photo?

NOLA
13-09-2012, 01:40 PM
too tall to be hibs class surely.

Gettin' Auld
13-09-2012, 01:45 PM
The Easter Road slope is back.
:tee hee:

Just Alf
13-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Compo sorted then I guess?

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Compo sorted then I guess?

Or perhaps not, hence the delay in announcing.:confused:

Mac
13-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Or perhaps not, hence the delay in announcing.:confused:

There is no way the boy is going to have his picture taken today if he hasnt signed, I assume they will hold off for the usual Friday reveal as a good news story for the game on Saturday or of course do it later today.

soupy
13-09-2012, 02:10 PM
There is no way the boy is going to have his picture taken today if he hasnt signed, I assume they will hold off for the usual Friday reveal as a good news story for the game on Saturday or of course do it later today.

Mo Johnstone :-)

Part/Time Supporter
13-09-2012, 02:12 PM

I was thinking more of that time that Hearts told the media that they had a director of football working for them, but he was "incognito".

:greengrin

poolman
13-09-2012, 02:12 PM

:greengrin Does this mean the Yams are gonna snatch him from under our noses

soupy
13-09-2012, 02:14 PM
:greengrin Does this mean the Yams are gonna snatch him from under our noses

Ssshhh!! :-)

NatureBoy
13-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Surely that's him signed up but it is Hibs we are talking about, anything is possible!!
I also heard we tried to get Bruce Forsyth to pose for the team photo!

Hamish
13-09-2012, 02:22 PM
According to the Twitter suppiled by Callum, Fenlon confirming its a done deal and Taiwo will sign in next couple of days.

green glory
13-09-2012, 02:22 PM
https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick/status/246251432301449216

Welcome to the club Tom (premature maybe, but just wanted to be first to say it).

Mark79
13-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Who is to the left of griffiths?

Craig_in_Prague
13-09-2012, 02:25 PM
More importantly, forget Tom; Is Tam (McCourt) in the Team photo?!?

cam75
13-09-2012, 02:25 PM
:-) classic

frazeHFC
13-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Jamie Borthwick‏@jamiekborthwick Pat Fenlon confirms everything is sorted to bring in Tom Taiwo and he will sign in the next couple of days.
Retweeted by Kenny Millar (http://www.hibs.net/Kenny_Millar)
Expand Collapse (http://www.hibs.net/jamiekborthwick/status/246251432301449216)

Reply (http://www.hibs.net/#)
RetweetedRetweet (http://www.hibs.net/#)
Delete (http://www.hibs.net/#)
FavoritedFavorite (http://www.hibs.net/#)

Stevie Reid
13-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Great news.

Hamish
13-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Who is to the left of griffiths?

Deegan is it not?

SMAXXA
13-09-2012, 02:27 PM
More importantly, forget Tom; Is Tam (McCourt) in the Team photo?!?

He was a make weight in the compo deal hes away to Carlisle, thanks for the memories Tam :wink:

Ritchie
13-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Jeezo... i only gave up my ST at the end of last season and already i dont recognise a lot of those faces!

who's that too the right of Williams?

Hamish
13-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Jeezo... i only gave up my ST at the end of last season and already i dont recognise a lot of those faces!

McGivern.

IWasThere2016
13-09-2012, 02:29 PM

Ryan McGivern

Ritchie
13-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Ryan McGivern

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :thumbsup:

grunt
13-09-2012, 02:30 PM
brian mclauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlin Hibs sign midfielder Tom Taiwo on a two year contract. More soon @bbcsportsound (http://www.hibs.net/bbcsportsound)

Mikey
13-09-2012, 02:32 PM
i dont recognise a lot of those faces!

I was just about to post the same!

EskbankHibby
13-09-2012, 02:35 PM
brian mclauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlin Hibs sign midfielder Tom Taiwo on a two year contract. More soon @bbcsportsound (http://www.hibs.net/bbcsportsound)

Fenlon must like what he sees, tremendous.:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 02:38 PM
“@BBCAlLamont: Scottish Premier League clubs have been told they can expect the rest of a payment normally made pre-season in the next week or so.”

Possibly related?

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Asked why delay in signing considering the two weeks to make him available for Killie.............

“@jamiekborthwick: Agreeing compo with Carlisle. He's not fit so wouldn't be in contention for squad yet anyway.”

Not fit:rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
13-09-2012, 02:44 PM
He was a make weight in the compo deal hes away to Carlisle, thanks for the memories Tam :wink:

well, a big reduction of the wage bill at least !

Part/Time Supporter
13-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Asked why delay in signing considering the two weeks to make him available for Killie.............

“@jamiekborthwick: Agreeing compo with Carlisle. He's not fit so wouldn't be in contention for squad yet anyway.”

He won't have played any organised games in > 4 months.

PatHead
13-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Can he play the Matty Jack role?

(Someone had to ask:greengrin)

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Anyone seen this guy play or read reports?

Had been hoping for a creative, goal scoring type midfielder but his wiki stats don't suggest he is that.

Phil MaGlass
13-09-2012, 03:26 PM
says hes not fit on one of the twitter feeds, if thats the case how long until he is up and running then?

Hibee87
13-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Where does this guy actually play as well? From what I can see he is a CM which I find strange as we really need a right winger not another CM :confused:

Jim44
13-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I assume 'not fit' refers to match fitness. If he's professional he'll be physically in good shape at this stage in the season.

SMAXXA
13-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I assume 'not fit' refers to match fitness. If he's professional he'll be physically in good shape at this stage in the season.

I think it would be fair to say he will have been training with us the last few weeks but hasnt played any games yet. Much like Kuqi I would think he needs full time training and games to get match fit.

frazeHFC
13-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Anyone seen this guy play or read reports?

Had been hoping for a creative, goal scoring type midfielder but his wiki stats don't suggest he is that.

May be wrong, but i am pretty sure he is more defensive than attacking.

Engels74
13-09-2012, 04:08 PM
The only thing i found of Taiwo playing is this youtube clip,

Its the goals from Carlisle U v Leyton O last year on Sky sports soccer saturday with Jeff and Phil Thompson discussing Carlisle good form at the time. Carlisle won 4 1 with Taiwo scoring the 3rd (1.20) which is a peach :agree: although cynical Phil thinks he didnt mean it. Judge for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-DM-USyst8

DAVE1875
13-09-2012, 04:09 PM

I thought he was a free agent?

frazeHFC
13-09-2012, 04:14 PM
The only thing i found of Taiwo playing is this youtube clip,

Its the goals from Carlisle U v Leyton O last year on Sky sports soccer saturday with Jeff and Phil Thompson discussing Carlisle good form at the time. Carlisle won 4 1 with Taiwo scoring the 3rd (1.20) which is a peach :agree: although cynical Phil thinks he didnt mean it. Judge for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-DM-USyst8

Have to say i agree, bit flukey. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
13-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I thought he was a free agent?

Under 23.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I was just about to post the same!

It really was a summer of change!

cannastar
13-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Tom is quite a small player but isnt afraid to go into tackles.The games i saw him play he did tend to play as a sitting midfield player but is also effective coming forward and his distribution was quite impressive also.One thing that did strike me was that he wasnt very vocal but he did what he had to do on the park well enough.

Future17
13-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Not official yet according to the Club.

Awaiting approval from football authorities.

frazeHFC
13-09-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19592983

Involved in a £5m move, albeit a double signing, earlier in his career.

theonlywayisup
13-09-2012, 06:30 PM
From Hibs website:

Hibernian FC can confirm that terms have been agreed with Tom Taiwo to join the Club.

But the player's registration for Hibernian FC outwith a Transfer Window is subject to approval by both the Scottish FA and the SPL and subject also to the English FA releasing an ITC.

Taiwo was last registered for Carlisle United and Hibernian FC is grateful to them for their assistance in establishing the player's eligibility to be registered for Hibernian FC.

It is unlikely that the player's registration will be confirmed before the weekend, but as soon as that is concluded we will communicate the news officially via the official website.

Taiwo has been training with the first team squad this week and in anticipation of his registration for the Club, the player was invited to participate in the annual squad photocall, which took place at Easter Road earlier this afternoon.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120913/taiwo-situation-explained_2262950_2918064

Cocaine&Caviar
13-09-2012, 06:40 PM
GK: Williams, Antell

RB: Clancy, Maybury
CB: Hanlon, Donaldson
CB: McPake
LB: McGivern, Kujabi

RM: Wotherspoon, Sproule
CM: Deegan, Stevenson
CM: Taiwo, Claros
LM: Cairney, Galbraith? Stanton

ST: Kuqi, Caldwell
ST: Griffiths, , Doyle, Handling

Looking stronger, still in need of a winger and another defender.

bingo70
13-09-2012, 06:48 PM
GK: Williams, Antell

RB: Clancy, Maybury
CB: Hanlon
CB: McPake
LB: McGivern, Kujabi

RM: Wotherspoon, Sproule
CM: Deegan, Stevenson
CM: Taiwo, Claros
LM: Cairney, Galbraith? Stanton

ST: Kuqi, Caldwell
ST: Griffiths, , Doyle, Handling

Looking stronger, still in need of a winger and another defender.

Remember Clancy and mcgivern can play in the centre of defence as well

Cocaine&Caviar
13-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Remember Clancy and mcgivern can play in the centre of defence as well

Still leaves us thin though, all the more chance of seeing a young guy come through I suppose, maybe Forster post January.

bingo70
13-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Still leaves us thin though, all the more chance of seeing a young guy come through I suppose, maybe Forster post January.

Not really, if mcpake gets injured Clancy covers and we've got plenty cover for him, likewise if hanlon misses a game we've plenty cover at left back for mcgivern to cover him, worst comes to the worst I think Maybury could play in the centre. For defence to be a problem we'd probably need about 4 injuries or suspensions.

I agree about our wingers though.

Speedway
13-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Details about the deal are revealed here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19592983

Jim44
13-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Details about the deal are revealed here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19592983

I hope his football is better than his geography. :-)

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Maybe going with a 433/451 formation?

***************Williams*****************

Clancy*****McPake*****Hanlon*****Maybury

*****Claros*****Deagon*****Taiwo********

*********Doyle********Griffiths***********

***************Kuqi********************

Cocaine&Caviar
13-09-2012, 10:58 PM

Clancy*****McPake*****Hanlon*****McGivern

*****Cairney*****Deagan*****Taiwo********

*********Wotherspoon********

****Griffiths************Kuqi

Id go ^^^

IMO it has Wotherspoon, Cairney and Griffiths all in their best positions.

lord bunberry
14-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Under 23.

Im sure the under 23 rule only applies if the player stays in the same country im sure we got clayton donaldson for nothing and York weren't very happy about it

Part/Time Supporter
14-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Im sure the under 23 rule only applies if the player stays in the same country im sure we got clayton donaldson for nothing and York weren't very happy about it

That isn't correct. English FA have an additional rule which says compensation is due for 23 y/o players moving within England. Donaldson was 23 y/o, so Hibs could sign him for free but an English club would have had to pay a fee. Taiwo isn't 23 until February, so Carlisle are due compensation.

Thomson
14-09-2012, 08:18 AM
May be wrong, but i am pretty sure he is more defensive than attacking.

On FM2012, he's a CM but his role is a defensive ball winning player. Think he also plays DM.

Jim44
14-09-2012, 09:55 AM
That isn't correct. English FA have an additional rule which says compensation is due for 23 y/o players moving within England. Donaldson was 23 y/o, so Hibs could sign him for free but an English club would have had to pay a fee. Taiwo isn't 23 until February, so Carlisle are due compensation.

Sorry but could you clarify that. Are you saying that the club of a free agent, who is 22 yrs or younger, is due compensation from a non-English league club. If, however, he was exactly 23yrs, we would not have had to pay anything?

Part/Time Supporter
14-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry but could you clarify that. Are you saying that the club of a free agent, who is 22 yrs or younger, is due compensation from a non-English league club. If, however, he was exactly 23yrs, we would not have had to pay anything?

Aye. The FIFA rule is compensation applies for players aged 22 or under, if they're offered a contract by the previous club. The English FA has a rule that adds another year onto that, but that only applies to moves within England. That's why there is a difference between moving to Scotland and staying in England (as with Donaldson, who was 23). Taiwo is 22 so compensation was due regardless of where he moved.

Jim44
14-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Aye. The FIFA rule is compensation applies for players aged 22 or under, if they're offered a contract by the previous club. The English FA has a rule that adds another year onto that, but that only applies to moves within England. That's why there is a difference between moving to Scotland and staying in England (as with Donaldson, who was 23). Taiwo is 22 so compensation was due regardless of where he moved.

Any idea what we had to pay for him?

Part/Time Supporter
14-09-2012, 10:24 AM

Carlisle were looking for £200K for him in mid August

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/bradford-launch-new-bid-for-ex-carlisle-utd-star-tom-taiwo-1.985570?referrerPath=2958

I would guess £50K tops.

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I have to say, compared to other teams in the league, although our squad has been cut, it does look pretty strong, and its a real pity we didnae win in the League Cup, I have hope for the rest of the season.
Cant say I have said that for a while, I´m actually looking forward to the rest of the season once the players are properly settled in, I think we could be up there challenging at the top this season.

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2012, 10:39 AM

Petrie took them from 200K, down to 50K and then finally down to 0 pounds and instead of money a top grooming combe and wax for their chairmen to enjoy, more as a gesture of goodwill.

He is some guy oor Rod!

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2012, 11:00 AM
the Scotsman suggest Aberdeen are about to offer McFadden 1500 a week......

jacomo
14-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Clancy*****McPake*****Hanlon*****Maybury

**********Deegan*****Taiwo***********

*****Cairney****Wotherspoon******Doyle*****

***************Griffiths********************

I'm liking these apples. Just as easy a 4-4-2, with Doyle up front with LG and Wotherspoon and Cairney wide.

Team and bench looking stronger.

Keeper (?!)
McGivern
Lewis
Claros
Sproule
Caldwell
Kuqi

Cocaine&Caviar
14-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm liking these apples. Just as easy a 4-4-2, with Doyle up front with LG and Wotherspoon and Cairney wide.

Keeper (?!)
McGivern
Lewis
Claros
Sproule
Caldwell
Kuqi

That quote formation is essentially what we had at dundee utd though, with us looking much weaker when Griffiths is isolated.

J-C
14-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Keeper (?!)
McGivern
Lewis
Claros
Sproule
Caldwell
Kuqi

would prefer to see Cairney in CM instead of Wotherspoon, also what about Claros, Hibs best player the last 2 games, just suddenly dropped for Taiwo :confused:

J-C
14-09-2012, 01:01 PM
.....................................Williams..... .....................................

Clancy.............McPake.......................Ha nlon/McGivern.........Maybury

.....................................Claros....... ......................................

................Deegan............................ ....Taiwo.........................

Wotherspoon....................................... ......................Cairney..

....................................Griffiths..... ....................................

mrdependable
17-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Just been confirmed on website and twitter.
Welcome Tom:flag:

Hibbyradge
17-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Just been confirmed on website and twitter.
Welcome Tom:flag:

Does living in the past suit you? :wink:

13 September - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120913/taiwo-situation-explained_2262950_2918064

Edit: His registration must have been confirmed this morning so girum :greengrin

RickyS
17-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Does living in the past suit you? :wink:

13 September - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120913/taiwo-situation-explained_2262950_2918064

Edit: His registration must have been confirmed this morning so girum :greengrin

"Tom was introduced to the Easter Road crowd on Saturday during the half-time interval of our win over Kilmarnock "

canny remember that? did i just miss it?

aljo7-0
17-09-2012, 09:11 AM
"Tom was introduced to the Easter Road crowd on Saturday during the half-time interval of our win over Kilmarnock "

Yes you must have, but to be fair he came onto the pitch with a scarf, waved and walked off. It was all over in 30 seconds.

ozzie
17-09-2012, 09:11 AM

You must have, he was introduced & he was standing on the pitch just outside the tunnel waving. :aok:

persevere1875
17-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Lets just hope he answers to the name Tom and not Timmy, can you imagine that !! It'd be like a chuckle brothers love in...

Timmy Taiwo....Timmy Taiwo :wink:

green glory
17-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Is it pronounced 'Tyewo' or 'Taiwo'?

green glory
17-09-2012, 09:31 AM
A dildo factory for all the F*nnies that live around there.

green glory
17-09-2012, 09:33 AM
A dildo factory for all the F*nnies that live around there.

Wrong thread har har!

HTD1875
17-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the club Tom, could prove a useful and welcome addition. Much needed depth to the midfield!