PDA

View Full Version : .Net Meltdown at 11pm last night?

One Day Soon
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
There I was happily enjoying the climax of the transfer (or lack of) thread and at dead on 11pm all access to .Net dropped out - and stayed out. What happened?

Waxy
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
There I was happily enjoying the climax of the transfer (or lack of) thread and at dead on 11pm all access to .Net dropped out - and stayed out. What happened?Someone pulled a wee plug to stop us venting spur of the moment negativities?

heidtheba
There I was happily enjoying the climax of the transfer (or lack of) thread and at dead on 11pm all access to .Net dropped out - and stayed out. What happened?

Can I make a very sad admission? I got all excited thinking the forum had melted because we'd signed someone REALLY amazing...so I thought I'd have a look on keekback but it had also melted. I contented myself with the fact that if we really HAD signed someone s*(t hot then they would be up in arms too...
all to find that really not very much happened at all!

CalgaryHibs
Funny you say this cos I couldn"t access the list either!

EdinMike
01-09-2012, 11:27 AM
I was trying on my phone in work till about 1am then gave up ! Thought we had signed a big eejit as well :(

One Day Soon
01-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Can I make a very sad admission? I got all excited thinking the forum had melted because we'd signed someone REALLY amazing...so I thought I'd have a look on keekback but it had also melted. I contented myself with the fact that if we really HAD signed someone s*(t hot then they would be up in arms too...
all to find that really not very much happened at all!

Yup that was exactly the self deluding thought process I adopted though my munchies and beer fueled haze. Including going over to Brokebank to see if they were wailing about our amazing new fantasy signing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I believe the admins ran out of their copious amount of Bobby's Snacks of Bromsgrove deadline day supply!

Mikey
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
As I said on the PM board, I wasn't plugging i-spy all day for the good of my health :greengrin

With several thousand people hitting F5 repeatedly around 11pm it didn't stand much of a chance. It won't happen at the end of January as priority will be given to PM's and registered users, with guests getting emptied when things slow up. If it's still slow then we'll cut it back to PM's only for a while.

BT58
01-09-2012, 11:46 AM
My phone froze @11pm
When i tried to log in this morning .net was unavailable,, however when i switched my phone off then on evry thing was ok

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 12:14 PM
How do you know?

LeighLoyal
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM
This website needs a better server. Needs to make some urgent signings in the IT department!!! Even Kickback was okay to browse last night and they were in meltdown, poor old Yaks.

nonshinyfinish
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
This website needs a better server. Needs to make some urgent signings in the IT department!!! Even Kickback was okay to browse last night and they were in meltdown, poor old Yaks.

There's more of us. Don't tell them though, apparently it's really important to them.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Rod P sabotaged it to save a barrage of abuse in his direction from disgruntled .net army who had surfed all day on the back of PFs hint at wanting wingers and midfielders !!!!!!!!

Matty_Jack04
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Still cannae wait till January's thread

heidtheba
01-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Still cannae wait till January's thread

Its in my computer desktop diary, normally I give this a fairly big thumbs down - ever since I got excited that we'd signed Alan Gow (!) but last night was Hibs.net at its very best, very little footballing stuff for us to cheer about but one of the most hysterically funny threads I've ever seen.
Walkers Square Crisps will never be seen the same again and the comments about the Brownie leaders wanting to know the latest transfer gossip had me spitting my jam sandwich cream biscuit at my screen.
Sadly that was one of the best Friday nights in a while...

DaveF
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

The server is more than fine for 99.99999% of the time. It probably gave up the will to live due to all your moaning though :na na:

heidtheba
01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
The server is more than fine for 99.99999% of the time. It probably gave up the will to live due to all your moaning though :na na:

There's one for the Dragon's Den...a mood sensitive server for football fan forums - get too negative and it takes the hump and runs into a corner for a while!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
This website needs a better server.

Goran Ivanisevic?