PDA

View Full Version : Vaz Te

DAVE1875
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Watching the report about him on Sky Sports News makes me wish we tried to keep him. Another clueless decision by Colin Calderwood. Deemed surplus requirements and now he's playing against the likes of Man United, City & Chelsea

:brickwall

tamig
01-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Watching the report about him on Sky Sports News makes me wish we tried to keep him. Another clueless decision by Colin Calderwood. Deemed surplus requirements and now he's playing against the likes of Man United, City & Chelsea

:brickwall

We couldn't afford him. That's the bottom line. Nothing to do with his ability. He didn't want to stay and we couldn't afford his wages anyway. Time to move on.

LancashireHibby
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Give it 6 months and he'll look just as disinterested as he did at Hibs and Bolton.

Jones28
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
The guy blatantly didn't want to be at Hibs, he came here to get himself noticed by League 1/Championship clubs. Plus he was only contracted for 6 months and he would not have extetended it to stay in Scotland.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Give it 6 months and he'll look just as disinterested as he did at Hibs and Bolton.

Bolton? He broke his leg FFS...

Speedway
01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Let's try not to rewrite history eh, calderwood said at the time that we'd have no chance of getting him long term and that the deal suited both parties as Vaz-te required a career restart and we got a player who was out of our league wages wise.

LancashireHibby
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Bolton? He broke his leg FFS...
Not for three seasons, he didn't.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
I thought Vaz Te was about the only bright spark in an otherwise dismal team assembled by the clueless one.

In fact he was the only player who got me off my seat that season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's try not to rewrite history eh, calderwood said at the time that we'd have no chance of getting him long term and that the deal suited both parties as Vaz-te required a career restart and we got a player who was out of our league wages wise.

Its amazing mate eh? the guy was at ER on a short term contract, there would've been more chance of me signing long term than him!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Its amazing mate eh? the guy was at ER on a short term contract, there would've been more chance of me signing long term than him!

You are signed up for life, whether you like it or not. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Ready made replacement for Ivan on the wing, with a wee bit more upper body strength!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Ready made replacement for Ivan on the wing, with a wee bit more upper body strength!

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
You disagree? ;-)

AK86
01-09-2012, 10:06 PM
vaz te took one look at Hibs and didnt fancy it. We paid him to tick over and bide his time for his next move
Never tried a leg and didnt give a flying one
He fitted in well during a horrible spell in our club. Hopefully we are on the long slow road to recovery
Football sadly is full of **** like him. Any manager that touches him are selling their soul

heretoday
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM
West Ham pay astronomical wages. I saw their wage sheet from 3 years ago and Matthew Upson was on £70,000 a week.

chrisski33
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM
How many threads does this guy need? hes history!

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
How many threads does this guy need? hes history!

He needs a thread because it says more about the Hibs support than Vaz Te.......

Haymaker
02-09-2012, 06:34 AM
West Ham pay astronomical wages. I saw their wage sheet from 3 years ago and Matthew Upson was on £70,000 a week.

A regular premier league player with international experience. Not really a surprise.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2012, 08:24 AM
For all the reams of mistakes that Calderclown made, Vaz Te leaving was nothing to do with him and he had no intention of staying at all. The only issue that I had was that it was like he was offered training facilities to get him fit, that included first team football, but wasn't required to show enthusiasm or professionalism in return.

goosefat
02-09-2012, 09:45 AM

:agree: Indeed.

Whatever you think of Calderwood, he made this deal transparent to everyone from the outset. Moaning about it now only shows that you weren't listening at the time.

Close this nonsense thread.