PDA

View Full Version : Team for today

down-the-slope
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
same as St Johnstone to start i hope?

more interesting will be formation...4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 to be more solid but isolates striker :confused:

Aldo
01-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Same as last week for me tbh.

ArmadaleHibs
01-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Same as last week for me tbh.

I was hoping for the same as Tuesday. Lol
👀

Hibhibhooray
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
A wee birdie told me we will be one up front today, Griffiths on his own, think I would prefer the two but we will see soon enough.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Not sure what the team will be, but the St Johnstone starting line up will do for me.

If we play like we did in the first half of that game against a team like celtic we will get torn a new one.

I would be delighted with a draw TBH ......... Ach well .. one can but hope.

Piqué
01-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Think Doyle will be moved to the left wing and we will go five in midfield. Same team as last weekend otherwise.

Craig_in_Prague
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I'd rather we went with 4-4-2 and same team from last 2 league games. If Celtic hump us but we were positive and tried to hurt them, then I can live with that. But setting up with a negative formation and letting them dictate play from the off is pointless. Just hands them initiative before game even gets going.

Some might strongly disagree and think its correct to sit in and be defensive/negative but to me its almost like admitting defeat from the off and in most cases get rolled over anyway.

R'Albin
01-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Doyle
Deegan
Claros
McGivern

Griffiths
Kuqi - If he's fit enough.

Aldo
01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Doyle
Deegan
Claros
McGivern

Griffiths

McGivern didn't sign in time. Same team as las week with doyle dropping back into MF

Lungo--Drom
01-09-2012, 10:40 AM
RAOFL aye, but naw! :duck:

The same as we had last Saturday against St. Johnnybags will do me :agree:

Just hope PF is reading this thread...

I was hoping for the same as Tuesday. Lol

yekimevol
01-09-2012, 10:43 AM
5-4-1

williams
maybury clancy mcpake hanlon stevenson
spoony deegan claros cairney
griffiths

Lungo--Drom
01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
I reckon PF might keep Kuqi as a "sometime in the second half" man aka a sub. I know he has got experience but if he is 35 my name is Ruud van Nistelrooy, either that or he walked all the way from Albania to Finland then swam all the way from Finland to the UK...:cb

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Doyle
Deegan
Claros
McGivern

Griffiths

R'Albin
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
McGivern didn't sign in time. Same team as las week with doyle dropping back into MF

I see, never realised. No idea who could play LM then?

BT58
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I see, never realised. No idea who could play LM then?

Cairney or stevenson ???

Franck Stanton
01-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Hope we go with two up front, as, Griffiths is not & never will be a target man - he needs another forward to compliment his game. Playing him as a lone striker is like being a man down. Have a go, ok we may get beat but at least we had a go. Being all out defence is like admitting defeat before a ball is kicked, in that case we could just agree with a 3-0 defeat and not bother having a game at all.

Leighonel
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Wotherspoon
Deegan
Claros
Stanton or...?

Cairney

Griffiths

Subs:
Antell
Caldwell
Doyle
Kuqi
Kujabi
Sproule
Stevenson

A bit harsh on Doyle since he scored last week but he seems to be wasted when he isn't up front and I don't think we will go 2 up which is why I would drop him. Cairney to link with Leigh could be useful both happy with the ball when under pressure. Struggled to pick a player for lm but Stanton would offer more than Sproule, over 90 minutes.

P.s we need a winger and a backup cb

down-the-slope
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
i do expect the 4-2-3-1 with claros 7 deegan holding and doyle cairney & spoony the 3 (might give cairney chance to be more central?) but in all likelyhood spoony as one tasked with supporting...so will look 4-4-1-1 at times

..............................................Will iams

Clancy............ McPake....................... Hanlon....................... Maybury

...........................Claros................. .... Deegan

..........Cairney..................... Spoony........................... Doyle

.............................................Spark y

R'Albin
01-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Cairney or stevenson ???

Good job Fenlon didn't forget about Cairney today!!

down-the-slope
01-09-2012, 04:07 PM
i do expect the 4-2-3-1 with claros 7 deegan holding and doyle cairney & spoony the 3 (might give cairney chance to be more central?) but in all likelyhood spoony as one tasked with supporting...so will look 4-4-1-1 at times

..............................................Will iams

Clancy............ McPake....................... Hanlon....................... Maybury

...........................Claros................. .... Deegan

..........Cairney..................... Spoony........................... Doyle

.............................................Spark y

Glad Pats a .net aficionado :wink: