PDA

View Full Version : McPake interview.

Jim44
01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Good reading in the Saturday Interview in the Scotsman today........ James McPake talks to Aidan Smith.

HibeeN
01-09-2012, 09:04 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/interview-james-mcpake-hibernian-captain-1-2500950

Here's the link. Some great stuff from Captain Fantastic in there.

"I think we should be aiming for one of the European places. I might take a slagging for saying that, given we only just escaped relegation last time, but we are Hibernian Football Club and no one can take that away from us."

:not worth

Been a long time since a player was universally adored by the Hibs support! The man can do no wrong! :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Superb reading :not worth :top marks

If we had another 10 guys as committed and determined to do well at ER we'd be in a much better state :agree:

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Some folk might think Hibernian aren’t hurting. We are, but we’re putting it behind us. It still really hurts, deep down, but we’re trying not to let Hearts know that because this season we want to be bigger and better than them

That's what we want to hear :aok:

jane_says
01-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Great reading, I like how he admits he didn't have any feelings for Hibs before he signed but now very much does.

Could be a legend.

bingo70
01-09-2012, 09:29 AM
That's what we want to hear :aok:

It's nice to hear but ultimately it means nothing.

Sorry for being negative but i'm fed up of hearing the right thing from the club and people within the club. We heard after every derby last year it wouldn't happen again and it would be different next time but it never was.

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2012, 09:38 AM

Sorry for being negative but i'm fed up of hearing the right thing from the club and people within the club. We heard after every derby last year it wouldn't happen again and it would be different next time but it never was.

What would you like him to say?

"Aye, I know we've been pumped in the last 10 games or so from Hertz, and being honest we'll probably get pumped in the next 10 but rest assured the players know that the fans are annoyed! Not that we'll do anything about though!?"

?

bingo70
01-09-2012, 09:43 AM
What would you like him to say?

"Aye, I know we've been pumped in the last 10 games or so from Hertz, and being honest we'll probably get pumped in the next 10 but rest assured the players know that the fans are annoyed! Not that we'll do anything about though!?"

?

There's nothing he can say, i just want us to beat hearts, until we do i'll be sceptical about anything i read in an interview with players saying it'll be different next time.

down-the-slope
01-09-2012, 09:49 AM

:agree: but I get the impression that James also knows that...and that is why he was brought to the club and made Captain....I hope he never has a night out in edinburgh...unless its on the upper deck of an open topped bus

Lucius Apuleius
01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Wondered who would be the first to put a negative spin on it. :-)

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
The only think you look for from a player who says the right things in the papers is that they back up their words with their efforts on the park.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you ..... James McPake.

Liam89
01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Wow, just wow. What an interview and what a captain! I reckon I have a man crush on McPake, says the right things, hates the jambos, loves the hibees and backs it all up.

Sherlock Jones
01-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow, just wow. What an interview and what a captain! I reckon I have a man crush on McPake, says the right things, hates the jambos, loves the hibees and backs it all up.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Your whole post :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM

He's mine! I saw him 1st :grr::furious::soapbox:

:big grin:

God Petrie
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Good interview but still waiting for the 8-page pullout in Playgirl.

Captain Trips
01-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Not interested in interviews from managers/players its all the same until another team wants them or they never do even half of whats said.

I am interested on how they play not on things they say. Mcpake has been an excellent player for us on the park and thats all I ask for from him.

lucky
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Great interview, if he stays at Hibs for the next 7/8 year's he will go down as one the clubs modern times legends

matty_f
01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
The thing with this interview is that it comes across that he really means it, and he plays like he really means it.

The vital thing is that we get that across the team and the club, where everyone gives that level of desire and commitment into the football club.

joe breezy
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
It is good reading but it's also the kind of thing Ivan Sproule would say.

Ivan clearly isn't as good as he was but I was disappointed to read he has been getting abuse at Easter Road.

For me that shows it's all about performance for fans, not much else really.

Winston Ingram
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Great interview, if he stays at Hibs for the next 7/8 year's he will go down as one the clubs modern times legends

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely love the guy:agree:

Hibee D
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Think interview excellent as usual from our captain. :top marks

Dont understand how anyone can turn it into a negative, the guy gives 100% commitment on pitch, encourages his team mates and seems to be a model professional off the pitch. Is that not what we want from our captain and fellow team mates?

The Harp
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Thought this was a great interview wi' the big man.
Long may he grace the hallowed turf.:not worth

jacomo
01-09-2012, 05:29 PM
:singing:

We all dream of a team of James McPakes...

Elephant Stone
01-09-2012, 06:01 PM
A legend in the making, no doubt about it.

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Great interview and a born winner and Hibee legend in the making

Barney McGrew
01-09-2012, 06:54 PM

It is good reading but it's also the kind of thing Ivan Sproule would say.

I'd normally agree, but when I read that interview I see a guy who really understands what being the captain of Hibs means. His influence on the club since he arrived is massive and seeing what he says you can understand why.

Some players just get what Hibernian is all about. James is one of them.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I'd normally agree, but when I read that interview I see a guy who really understands what being the captain of Hibs means. His influence on the club since he arrived is massive and seeing what he says you can understand why.

Some players just get what Hibernian is all about. James is one of them.

:agree:He's also someone who talks the talk, but more often than not backs what he says with his performances. :top marks

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2012, 07:08 PM
:agree:He's also someone who talks the talk, but more often than not backs what he says with his performances. :top marks

Exactly this.

Talks the talk and walks the walk.

Just the leader we've been needing for a few seasons.

Also, love his banter with Sparky on twitter. Sparky doing his usual mischievous yam baiting and James tweets him, simply saying "bed". I know its just banter, but its great Sparky has a role model like McPake to look up to.

Seveno
01-09-2012, 07:50 PM
James is the sort of guy that you don't just build a team round but the club. Well done to Pat for knowing what we need and getting him here. Hope he is the one that finally lifts 'that' trophy.

Northernhibee
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
At the front, Kuqi tells Caldwell, Doyle or Griffiths where to stand, what to do and where for the midfield to play it. Deegan accepts no **** from his counterparts, Cairney just wants to put in a huge effort and get the ball in the goal or at the strikers feet. Claros is cool as a cucumer next to the authority of Deegan. Clancy takes no **** from refs or opposition players, Maybury is cool and collected and if our keeper is unhappy with defence, he lets them and our captain know about it very loudly.

And that captain is fantastic and already Mr. Hibs in many ways.

Can we get a Jaaaaames McPake smilie?

Hainan Hibs
01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I never thought I'd get over Sauzee, but then McPake comes along and reintroduces me to love:agree:

essexhibee
01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
This club is privileged to have someone like McPake leading it.

hibee_girl
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Enjoyed reading that, he really does understand what we're all about :agree:

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Top man

Great attitude

Captain fantastic

GGTTH

EdinMike
01-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Honestly... I had tears in my eyes reading that. This is a true professional, a true captain and the next Hibernian legend !

Oh captain my captain !!

Waxy
01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Excellent stuff.
Now,has daffy duck read this? and what does he think about our captain?

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Excellent stuff.
Now,has daffy duck read this? and what does he think about our captain?

Daffy has his hands full at the minute.

What do you think about our captain, Shrek?
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Shrek-Masturbating.gif

thebakerboy
02-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Love the last sentence re 19th. May "It still really hurts, deep down , but we're trying not to let Hearts know that because this season we want to be bigger and better than them". DEFINITELY HIBS CLASS.:hibees