01-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Nah.

VickMackie
01-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Cheers. Who was the 4th player out?

Seen a lot of chat on fb sproule left.

I'm_cabbaged
01-09-2012, 07:01 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120831/summer-transfer-window-round-up_2262950_2906842

MUPPET
01-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately not.

Twiglet
01-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Booth, Smith, Foster all out on loan. Stephens has transferred to Barnet and O'Hanlon has been released.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately not
Ditto for Kujabi and Galbraith .... None of them should be in first team squad

Would have quite happily let Stevenson Spoon and Hanlon go if we could have got decent replacements for them

Silver Fox
01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
seems weird PF playing O Hanlon & Booth against QOTS midweek then punting them on transfer deadline day, or was it just a last look/double check? glad Booth will be in good hands with the Hibee connection at Livi, hopefully come back a better player again, show why we gave him a 5 year deal.

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Unfortunately not
Ditto for Kujabi and Galbraith .... None of them should be in first team squad

Would have quite happily let Stevenson Spoon and Hanlon go if we could have got decent replacements for them

Thankfully your no in a position to decide stuff like that eh :rolleyes:

Mon Dieu4
01-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Whilest he hasn't shown it too much recently(who has) Spoony is a fantastic player, who once his confidence is back up will prove the doubters wrong, his performances for Scotland have been good

As for Ivan, with the depth of our squad at the moment Im glad he is still here, he will still have a part to play

Aldo
01-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Whilest he hasn't shown it too much recently(who has) Spoony is a fantastic player, who once his confidence is back up will prove the doubters wrong, his performances for Scotland have been good

As for Ivan, with the depth of our squad at the moment Im glad he is still here, he will still have a part to play

Agreed re Spoony but sorry Ivan is and has been woeful since his return. Should never be in the starting line up and used, as an impact sub at best. Would rather/prefer our younger players got the chance instead of him

Mon Dieu4
01-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Agreed re Spoony but sorry Ivan is and has been woeful since his return. Should never be in the starting line up and used, as an impact sub at best. Would rather/prefer our younger players got the chance instead of him

I wouldn't start Ivan either but he is an experienced head that we can't afford to lose with the back up we currently have, id use him as a sub too

Aldo
01-09-2012, 07:52 AM
I wouldn't start Ivan either but he is an experienced head that we can't afford to lose with the back up we currently have, id use him as a sub too

The problem is he doesn't use his experience. I think PF now sees this. Last 15 to 20 at best for me. Offers nowt IMHO and sorry he's still living in the past ie his 3 trick at Hun brox.

scoopyboy
01-09-2012, 08:11 AM
seems weird PF playing O Hanlon & Booth against QOTS midweek then punting them on transfer deadline day, or was it just a last look/double check? glad Booth will be in good hands with the Hibee connection at Livi, hopefully come back a better player again, show why we gave him a 5 year deal.

Booth wasn't due to play on Tuesday, he only got called in when they discovered Sproule was suspended.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Thankfully your no in a position to decide stuff like that eh :rolleyes:

Opinions mate.

I'm prepared to give him a chance
but I think he is to weak in the tackle, gets turned far too easy and headers only ever go about 10 yards

hibee_girl
01-09-2012, 08:21 AM

:agree: hopefully once we have a settled team etc and Ivan gets his confidence back he can be used as an impact sub.

scoopyboy
01-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Opinions mate.

I'm prepared to give him a chance
but I think he is to weak in the tackle, gets turned far too easy and headers only ever go about 10 yards

If you had watched the last three league matches you wouldn't have made that post.

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2012, 08:26 AM
If you had watched the last three league matches you wouldn't have made that post.

Saved me posting that :aok:

IFONLY
01-09-2012, 08:33 AM

Your right, Hanlon has been the mainstay of our defence. Personally I think he is a very good defender and is improving every time I see him.

scoopyboy
01-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Your right, Hanlon has been the mainstay of our defence. Personally I think he is a very good defender and is improving every time I see him.

He isn't the finished article by any manner of means but I believe he's getting there.

BTW I meant to say the last 4 league matches.

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 08:45 AM

His main strength these days is his workrate when we havent got the ball, which is a bit of a change from the way he used to be. as a sub id use him more to protect a lead than to chase a game theae days

Mon Dieu4
01-09-2012, 08:46 AM
His main strength these days is his workrate when we havent got the ball, which is a bit of a change from the way he used to be. as a sub id use him more to protect a lead than to chase a game theae days

Maximise our resources

ShanksSaidNo
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM

Really? So we're Sittin on a precarious 2-1 lead at Tynie and you'd send headless chicken Sproule on to protect that lead?

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-09-2012, 09:11 AM
He isn't the finished article by any manner of means but I believe he's getting there.

BTW I meant to say the last 4 league matches.

James McPake will bring him on. In a wider sense, bringing in McPake permanently will give us two quality CH's.

Franck Stanton
01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Anyone know what happened to the rumour that we were signing the lad Taiwo [? spelling] from Carlisle ? Apologies if posted elsewhere but on reading the threads yesterday was of the opinion [obviously wrongly] that he was at E/M to sign for us.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 09:27 AM

Have seen two of the three and yes better than last year but still sticking to my opinion

I presume that is allowed on here or are you and Judas the .net polis

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Really? So we're Sittin on a precarious 2-1 lead at Tynie and you'd send headless chicken Sproule on to protect that lead?

Full marks for misrepresentation :aok:

Jim44
01-09-2012, 09:28 AM
His name didn't feature anywhere during yesterday's business so I assume he was a product of one of our fantasy rumourmongers.

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Maximise our resources

Ivan comin on; thank gd hes rubbish :agree:

scoopyboy
01-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Have seen two of the three and yes better than last year but still sticking to my opinion

I presume that is allowed on here or are you and Judas the .net polis

Any real need for that comment?

sambajustice
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Ivan Sproule is one of the worst players that has pulled on a hibs shirt. Ever.

whiskyhibby
01-09-2012, 09:40 PM

Yeah..............right................

ehf
01-09-2012, 09:53 PM
ivan sproule is one of the worst players that has pulled on a hibs shirt. Ever.

gtf

sambajustice
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I am right! Cos he got a hattrick against Der Hun might make him a legend, it doesn't make him a good player, folk should realise this. He's always been hopeless!!

Bourne_Hibs
01-09-2012, 10:29 PM

I disagree, Sproule was a fine player in his first spell and has been a bit part player on his return, it was a nice idea to bring him back but it has not worked. Still gives 100% each game and cares about the club, which sets him far ahead of some of the jokers we have had over recent years.

hibsmad
01-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I am right! Cos he got a hattrick against Der Hun might make him a legend, it doesn't make him a good player, folk should realise this. He's always been hopeless!!

So let me just get this correct. You think he is a Hibs legend, but has always been hopeless?

Ivan was exciting and could win a game for us during his first spell. Sure his second spell has been far from successful but to talk about a player who HAS produced good, match winning performances for Hibs, and who loves the club, in my opinion is just wrong.

LeighLoyal
01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Prime Ivan was electric and non stop action, 110%. I think he can be very useful coming off the bench still. Glad he's not at Sevco if that was mooted at all.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Prime Ivan was electric and non stop action, 110%. I think he can be very useful coming off the bench still. Glad he's not at Sevco if that was mooted at all.

You can only give 100%, impossible to give anymore (pedant alert) :cb

SmokieJoe
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Ivan is Ivan, but you would think that with all his years of experience he would have learned to cross a decent ball on the run, or at least stay back at training to perfect his technique.

LeighLoyal
01-09-2012, 10:52 PM
You can only give 100%, impossible to give anymore (pedant alert) :cb

Prime Ivan, but? He was on duracel, the rest on tesco everyday brand. :agree:

jacomo
01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
:agree: hopefully once we have a settled team etc and Ivan gets his confidence back he can be used as an impact sub.

Much like first time round eh? :wink:

Wouldn't it be brilliant if Ivan does hit a bit of form?

1875godsgift
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM

Sorry, but that has to be one of the most erroneous posts I have read on here. Ever.

WarringtonHibee
02-09-2012, 12:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

I agree, Ivan has always been awful, what has he ever done? :confused:

.Sean.
02-09-2012, 01:37 AM

And you'd know that from your Subutteo table, aye?

jamieross
02-09-2012, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

I agree, Ivan has always been awful, what has he ever done? :confused:

:not worth Will always be a legend for moments like those. Also cant remember the last time i seen scott brown take a man on like he does in those clips. Maybe hes awful too now? :wink:

mikewynne
02-09-2012, 02:57 AM

Wow!!!!!

MUPPET
02-09-2012, 06:58 AM

I 110% agree with this anyone who ever thought any different is mental IMHO. Pish control. Terrible technique and dreadful decision making.....but he WAS fast.

hibsbollah
02-09-2012, 07:10 AM
We all know Ivan has his faults but he led the SPL in assists one season IIRC. To try to contend he was the worst player to pull on a hibs jersey is beyond stupidity, assuming its genuine.

SkintHibby
02-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Ivan Sproule was excellent until the point that defenders started to realise how to stop him. Then that was that (same when he played for Bristol City).

scoopyboy
02-09-2012, 07:19 AM

I can only assume you haven't watched Hibs long then.

Ivan has lost his speed which was his biggest asset and I would say his time at Hibs is up.

However in his first stint he didn't do a lot wrong.

He played in the team that won the League Cup, helped deliver two tremendous 3-0 wins at Ibrox (a lot of people forget his contribution in the cup game) and was instrumental in wins against the Old Firm and Hearts.

Having followed Hibs since the late sixties I can think of hundreds worse than him.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm still to be convinced he's lost all his speed. I think we don't play to his strengths, either because we don't want to or because we don't have midfielders that can pick a pass like Booty, Stewart, Thomson used to be able to - they boys put the ball in front of Ivan and let him use his pace to chase it and get in behind. Recently we've had a bunch of guys that just want rid of the ball and the best they do is knock it sideways to him. Because of that it's hard for him to use his pace.

hibee92
02-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Jesus Christ

Hibernian Verse
02-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Dander hall you must be kidding. I want sproule to do well so badly, but I can't remember the last time he beat a man and assisted a goal in a competitive game, which is what wingers do is it not?

hibee_girl
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm still to be convinced he's lost all his speed. I think we don't play to his strengths, either because we don't want to or because we don't have midfielders that can pick a pass like Booty, Stewart, Thomson used to be able to - they boys put the ball in front of Ivan and let him use his pace to chase it and get in behind. Recently we've had a bunch of guys that just want rid of the ball and the best they do is knock it sideways to him. Because of that it's hard for him to use his pace.

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Dander hall you must be kidding. I want sproule to do well so badly, but I can't remember the last time he beat a man and assisted a goal in a competitive game, which is what wingers do is it not?

Sometimes they do. Other times they're put into space by others so they don't have to do everything from scratch.

He's always been better at the latter.

matty_f
02-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Bring back Booty. :agree:

(good post, though - can't member the last time I saw Sproule get a pass for him to run onto.)

maturehibby
02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Will always admire him for his loyalty to Hibs even when he left to play at Bristol we were still his first love - hence all the Hibs fans who went down to see him when he was there and who made them so welcome when they met him after the game .
All players age and lose it .
Some move down the leagues and keep going for a year or two .
I think Ivan still has a bit left in the tank and I still get a tingle when he comes on to play as you can always expect Ivan to do the unexpected .
He gives his all for Hibs on the park and when he goes I will miss him

lucky
02-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Headless chicken but he is ours and can still do a job at Hibs. Certainly nowhere near the worst player ever

hibsbollah
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM

I agree with you about the balls being played in front of him to run on to. But the thing that is most obvious (and infuriating) about the post-Bristol Ivan is he ALWAYS cuts inside when he has the ball at his feet out wide with the fullback in front ofhim. 'Pin back your ****ing ears and take the boy on, you'll beat him' i scream to no avail. I wish someone would tell him in training, or is that too simple :dunno:

JimBHibees
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I can only assume you haven't watched Hibs long then.

Ivan has lost his speed which was his biggest asset and I would say his time at Hibs is up.

However in his first stint he didn't do a lot wrong.

He played in the team that won the League Cup, helped deliver two tremendous 3-0 wins at Ibrox (a lot of people forget his contribution in the cup game) and was instrumental in wins against the Old Firm and Hearts.

Having followed Hibs since the late sixties I can think of hundreds worse than him.

Completely agree. Give the guy a break.

Nuitdelune
02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Completely agree. Give the guy a break.

Agree. I think the anti-Ivan threads are very hurtful and I hope he does not read them. Living in the past, no doubt, but I have the Ivan hat trick commentary on my Ipod and it always cheers me up!

Tricla
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Eh?

HoboHarry
02-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Agree. I think the anti-Ivan threads are very hurtful and I hope he does not read them. Living in the past, no doubt, but I have the Ivan hat trick commentary on my Ipod and it always cheers me up!
I think (and would hope) that Ivan would be thick skinned enough to ignore the moronic ramblings of the poster who said he was the worst Hibs player ever. Thoroughly stupid comment indeed...

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Ivan was one of my favorite players first time round, scored quite a few goals and set loads up. He was far from the worst player i have seen at easter road, that was Ian Murray. :timebomb:

Springbank
02-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Ivan was one of my favorite players first time round, scored quite a few goals and set loads up. He was far from the worst player i have seen at easter road, that was Ian Murray. :timebomb:

No, Steve Archibald was worse. He was really terrible. Particularly in this game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzYj0ennXU