PDA

View Full Version : Another shambles of a deadline day

gbur123ukgb
31-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Come on stevvy wonder could see we need a winger and also back up queen of the south proved that.
Hugwe amount of players out and nowhere near same amount in seems this summer has been about cutting costs and not as the board have called it a new Hibs.
However i actually think our starting 11 is quite decent however a couple of injuries and we will strugglle big time.
The fans have backed the club and again let down By Petrie and co it is time for change.
Lets get behind the guys lets make the next home game a sea of green and white.

Emerald
31-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Come on stevvy wonder could see we need a winger and also back up queen of the south proved that.
Hugwe amount of players out and nowhere near same amount in seems this summer has been about cutting costs and not as the board have called it a new Hibs.
However i actually think our starting 11 is quite decent however a couple of injuries and we will strugglle big time.
The fans have backed the club and again let down By Petrie and co it is time for change.

Whats wrong with you, we've signed a guy on loan until January, a real ground filler i believe. :confused: Still, two weeks lest for waifs and strays.

S.sct
31-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Hold it...... a minute to go yet

FitbaFolkKen
01-09-2012, 06:41 AM
I definitely think we'll see another one or two in over the next few days, the fact we've released O'Hanlon to allow him to find a club as opposed to keeping him for cover would suggest that the transfer dealings are not finished yet.

Fenlon said he wanted at least two more and I can't see that changing having released/sold so many.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Let's hope so as we only have 19 players from first team squad (3 of which are goalies) available for today

So that means only defensive cover today is kujabi !!!

gbur123ukgb
01-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Let's hope so as we only have 19 players from first team squad (3 of which are goalies) available for today

So that means only defensive cover today is kujabi !!!
That doesnt fill us with much hope does it.
And most of the cover is kids.
We were promissed a summer of change from Rod(George Osbourne Maggie Thatcher)Petrie the only thing changed is his tie.
This summer was the opertunity to have a go loads of out of contract players have been signed by clubs Ie Aberdeen.
Lets be Honest if Grifthis keeps playing well he is away back down to Wolves in Jan.
As i have said i am happy with players brought in just we needed a few more that is all.
What is going to happen in few weeks if say Mcpkae and Couple more players get injuried .

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 07:15 AM
It could be worse, we could be Hertz. Theyve just lost arguably their best player to sevco huns for a pittance, less than 24 hours after there was talk about his goal vs scousers adding 'millions' to his value. And the huns still owe hertz 800k for the Wallace money.

Its hatkicking time :agree:

cocopops1875
01-09-2012, 07:23 AM
And could have lost their 2nd best player too if the mad ( amazing ) one had his way, watch out for "Gowzer" getting benched like Kello did for refusing a move

gbur123ukgb
01-09-2012, 07:29 AM
It could be worse, we could be Hertz. Theyve just lost arguably their best player to sevco huns for a pittance, less than 24 hours after there was talk about his goal vs scousers adding 'millions' to his value. And the huns still owe hertz 800k for the Wallace money.

Its hatkicking time :agree:
Yes i had a laugh at that however cant really argue with him can we 2 scottish cups since he has been there i would love to be that ***** lol but yes the ****bos are weaker now i dont really care about them i only cre about my club and how one man is determined to do nothing :pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:fenlon:fenlon

FitbaFolkKen
01-09-2012, 07:51 AM
That doesnt fill us with much hope does it.
And most of the cover is kids.
We were promissed a summer of change from Rod(George Osbourne Maggie Thatcher)Petrie the only thing changed is his tie.
This summer was the opertunity to have a go loads of out of contract players have been signed by clubs Ie Aberdeen.
Lets be Honest if Grifthis keeps playing well he is away back down to Wolves in Jan.
As i have said i am happy with players brought in just we needed a few more that is all.
What is going to happen in few weeks if say Mcpkae and Couple more players get injuried .

There are enough problems at the club without having to make things up, such as Aberdeen being more active in the market. They have signed/loaned 4 players, compared to our 9. In addition to Craig Brown saying they are finished, yet Fenlon says the opposite.

Summer of change, 24 players have either joined or left the club this summer. Things might not be to your liking but the club has made massive changes to the playing squad. I would think there will be 2 more coming, the wages freed up through Stephens and more so by O'Hanlon I think guarantee that. Well I hooe so anyway :greengrin

greenlex
01-09-2012, 08:32 AM
What do you mean another one?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2012, 08:46 AM
We are very weak in quality all over the park in my opinion, once we have injuries and suspensions. I hope we can get one or two out of contract players in before our next home game in a fortnight.

VPHIBEE
01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
There are enough problems at the club without having to make things up, such as Aberdeen being more active in the market. They have signed/loaned 4 players, compared to our 9. In addition to Craig Brown saying they are finished, yet Fenlon says the opposite.

Summer of change, 24 players have either joined or left the club this summer. Things might not be to your liking but the club has made massive changes to the playing squad. I would think there will be 2 more coming, the wages freed up through Stephens and more so by O'Hanlon I think guarantee that. Well I hooe so anyway :greengrin

We are scarily light in both defensive and midfield cover, and the midfield was not even at the strength most of us wanted to see to start with. I hope there are still 3 or 4 yet to come. Another strong tough tackling midfielder, a winger and a central defender are a minimum requirement.

If Deegan is injured, or more likely suspended, we are left with almost the same midfield that other teams ran through with ease last year. We also need someone with a bit creativity so other teams can worry about us for a change.

Hopefully the powers that be at ER have got these signings lined up with quality free agents arriving in the next week.

Jim44
01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm confused about the talk of one or two additions still to come. As the window closed last night are we talking about frantically dredging for gold among the sea of lead that nobody wants?

darrenmcintosh2
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Should more have been done regarding wingers or is their still pipeline. Would be good too see free agent list of wingers. If any1 has this info please share

GGTTH

down-the-slope
01-09-2012, 09:01 AM
As I said on main window thread - don't get why most are peeing their collective pants at a certain time passing and judging on that (11pm last night) where we are. In the way of football finance now we are just as likely to be looking at free transfers as dealing with a club (these still cost in agents / signing on fees - and remember there are players like McFadden / Owen etc who are all in that situation so not necessarily a shortage of quality) These deals can (and will I believe) be done over next few days - which is why we have 'Mutualled' O'Hanlon and remarkably sold Stephens (both of which people were asking to be punted) so that wages are freed up. We have loaned short term a couple of youngsters who given length of deal must be being considered near around getting first team. Only club that has done better than us is United who have managed to not lose decent players and have a stronger squad

Phil D. Rolls
01-09-2012, 09:05 AM

Is this available in English?

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Expected more from our transfer business this summer to be honest.

We've got almost no depth to the squad at all, to the point where we'll actually be struggling to name 7 subs for SPL games, particularly in defence and midfield.

I would love to be proved wrong but I don't see this squad coping at all over the next few months.

gegs70
01-09-2012, 09:07 AM
yes dont panic yet there is still a number of players out of contract we will be looking at!

Phil D. Rolls
01-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Yes i had a laugh at that however cant really argue with him can we 2 scottish cups since he has been there i would love to be that ***** lol but yes the ****bos are weaker now i dont really care about them i only cre about my club and how one man is determined to do nothing :pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:fenlon:fenlon

Colonel Mustard, in the conservatory, with a rope.

:hmmm:

Captain Trips
01-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Was thinking that after Tuesdays performance it was obvious we just needed a loaned defender until January to push on, wow let the 4th "summer of change" in a row continue.

down-the-slope
01-09-2012, 09:18 AM
First time in a year i have looked over there....not happy campers...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/117825-totally-finished-with-scottish-football/ (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/117825-totally-finished-with-scottish-football/)

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2012, 09:50 AM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/117825-totally-finished-with-scottish-football/ (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/117825-totally-finished-with-scottish-football/)

Club with loads of money buys players from club with no money shock.

They are a funny lot on sickback .... I never heard them moaning about their team full of players they couldnt afford to pay beating a team put together on a shoestring budget 5 months earlier.

Apparently cheating and sharp practice are only an issue if its not the Yams doing it.

Some folk have no sense of irony :greengrin

hibsbollah
01-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Club with loads of money buys players from club with no money shock.

They are a funny lot on sickback .... I never heard them moaning about their team full of players they couldnt afford to pay beating a team put together on a shoestring budget 5 months earlier.

Apparently cheating and sharp practice are only an issue if its not the Yams doing it.

Some folk have no sense of irony :greengrin

I agree with most of the yams on there. Its sickening that newhun is able to cherrypick the best spl talent after the events of the last year. Whats the point indeed?

Kaiser1962
01-09-2012, 10:02 AM

If you give Hibs £70m I am sure we will do the same. Maybe even better.

500miles
01-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I can't believe people are moaning about a transfer window in which we signed 9 players. Let's even set aside the rumour that there were two free agents apparently at ER last night, working out deals to be unveiled later, we've now got a solid spine who have gotten us off to a good start in the league. Realistically, a solid, midtable finish would be progress at the club.
We've got rid of deadwood without eating into the future budget.
It's not a dream, footy manager, transfer window, but definitely a good transfer window for any reasonable fan.

trev the hat
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
As I said on main window thread - don't get why most are peeing their collective pants at a certain time passing and judging on that (11pm last night) where we are. In the way of football finance now we are just as likely to be looking at free transfers as dealing with a club (these still cost in agents / signing on fees - and remember there are players like McFadden / Owen etc who are all in that situation so not necessarily a shortage of quality) These deals can (and will I believe) be done over next few days - which is why we have 'Mutualled' O'Hanlon and remarkably sold Stephens (both of which people were asking to be punted) so that wages are freed up. We have loaned short term a couple of youngsters who given length of deal must be being considered near around getting first team. Only club that has done better than us is United who have managed to not lose decent players and have a stronger squad

Stephens was a free transfer was he not ?

Captain Trips
01-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I can't believe people are moaning about a transfer window in which we signed 9 players. Let's even set aside the rumour that there were two free agents apparently at ER last night, working out deals to be unveiled later, we've now got a solid spine who have gotten us off to a good start in the league. Realistically, a solid, midtable finish would be progress at the club.
It's not a dream, footy manager, transfer window, but definitely a good transfer window for any reasonable fan.

I a reasonable fan and the aquad is imo poor, therefore for me it is a poor window. Prople are moning that the squad is weak therefore 9 players wasnt nearly enough Tuesday proved that.

We have a weak squad and we brought in 1 more player on loan, IMO more to be concerned about with this team than optimistic.

500miles
01-09-2012, 10:43 AM
I a reasonable fan and the aquad is imo poor, therefore for me it is a poor window. Prople are moning that the squad is weak therefore 9 players wasnt nearly enough Tuesday proved that.

We have a weak squad and we brought in 1 more player on loan, IMO more to be concerned about with this team than optimistic.

Well I disagree that you're being anything like reasonable. We've had a first xi to build as a priority. We've done that. We've signed experience, character and proven quality. The expectation to sign an entire squad is unreasonable. Every other team in the league is having to cut the size of thier squad. Good squads are built, not thrown together in a rushed transfer window.

We've still got January and, according to usually very reliable sources, the next few days, to make signings.

Captain Trips
01-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Well I disagree that you're being anything like reasonable. We've had a first xi to build as a priority. We've done that. We've signed experience, character and proven quality. The expectation to sign an entire squad is unreasonable. Every other team in the league is having to cut the size of thier squad. Good squads are built, not thrown together in a rushed transfer window.

We've still got January and, according to usually very reliable sources, the next few days, to make signings.

He had lots of time during last season to get this team sorted, IMO it is well short of improving, yes we have some new players but time will see if better. I think 9 months is reasonable length of time for Hibs to be far better and not screwing up cup matches to Div 2 teams.

The thread title is about deadline day, if we have 2/3 players lined up great but as of today this is never a team for top 6.

Fergus52
01-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't see why everyone is moaning, we have signed 9 players of a decent standard, and have released two of the whipping boys in Stephens and O'hanlon yet still everyone is getting their knickers in a twist.

Yes, we lack some strength in depth, but so does every team in the league except from dundee utd and celtic.

I genuinely beleive that we will get top 6 this season and with the right players signed in january maybe even higher, GGTTH!

:flag:

Gettin' Auld
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM

They weren't complaining when it was their club that was snapping up players by paying stupid wages............

Famous5forever
01-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Yes we have got rid of some of the Deadwood but how long before we are calling some of the 16 players Paddy has now brought in to our club Deadwood:confused:

California-Hibs
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Don't see why everyone is moaning, we have signed 9 players of a decent standard, and have released two of the whipping boys in Stephens and O'hanlon yet still everyone is getting their knickers in a twist.

Yes, we lack some strength in depth, but so does every team in the league except from dundee utd and celtic.

I genuinely beleive that we will get top 6 this season and with the right players signed in january maybe even higher, GGTTH!

:flag:

This. :agree::thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM

Yes, but it still doesn't help it make sense! :wink::greengrin

sahib
01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes we have got rid of some of the Deadwood but how long before we are calling some of the 16 players Paddy has now brought in to our club Deadwood:confused:

Fenlon needs to get out there and sign some new deadwood.

"we need a winger and also back up queen" I am not sure about this claim, though.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2012, 01:53 PM
We can't wait until January to strengthen as it's a "notoriously difficult time to do business". We need new players in within the next fortnight.

PF expecting one in today or tommorrow.

AlbertK86
01-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Wee Pat saying on radio scotland hoping for one or two more and one today or tomorrow

Fingers crossed its somebody decent

silverhibee
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM

Mandarin only.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Fenlon needs to get out there and sign some new deadwood.

"we need a winger and also back up queen" I am not sure about this claim, though.

If Pat signed Jane from the US series Deadwood she would bring a wee dig to the midfield, if they signed Wu as well we could make a fortune in shirt sales from the Far East!