PDA

View Full Version : The Official Hibernian F.C. Transfer Deadline Day Thread ~ Version 2.0 (In 1, Out 5)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

scoopyboy
31-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Take Booth's ID away from him so his baby face can't get in the boozers, and he could do very well for himself.

I think you're being unfair mate.

Have you seen him in a boozer?

stokesmessiah
31-08-2012, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=West Upper Pie;3345425]Take Booth's ID away from him so his baby face can't get in the boozers, and he could do very well for himself.[/QU Right then mouthpeice, when was the last time he had a drink? Watch what you're saying,[/I].

Now now this is the deadline day transfer thread that we have all been waiting for. I dont want childish bickering to spoil things on here like a drunk uncle at your xmas party.

Settle your differences lads and go and make some crisp sandwiches and chill out.

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Back in my groove and not moving for the rest of the night....about choked on my dairy lea lunch able when I saw Ryan Stevenson is about to resign for them, first Webster now him they don't hold grudges eh

Famous5forever
31-08-2012, 12:20 PM
So it looks like we wont be losing any of our players not seen anything so far on news id still like to see another centre hakf and a midfield player brought in just sayin.

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=.Sean.;3345474]

Now now this is the deadline day transfer thread that we have all been waiting for. I dont want childish bickering to spoil things on here like a drunk uncle at your xmas party.

Settle your differences lads and go and make some crisp sandwiches and chill out.

:agree::agree: This. There's nothing here that some Philadelphia and Salt & vinegar squares won't sort out.

MSK
31-08-2012, 12:21 PM
So it looks like we wont be losing any of our players not seen anything so far on news id still like to see another centre hakf and a midfield player brought in just sayin.Jeezo ..gie it time man ..still early doors ..

jacomo
31-08-2012, 12:23 PM
So it looks like we wont be losing any of our players not seen anything so far on news id still like to see another centre hakf and a midfield player brought in just sayin.

Man City after Kujabi.

Chelsea after O'Hanlon.

Apart from that, we should be ok. :rolleyes:

Heisenberg
31-08-2012, 12:23 PM

The Mcgirven boy from man city can play left back and centre back so I reckon thats us covered there if he gets signed up. Still another midfielder to come in I reckon.

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Man City after Kujabi.

Chelsea after O'Hanlon.

Apart from that, we should be ok. :rolleyes:

Forming one half of a "Bald 'n' Hairy" comedy double act at CB with David Luiz I believe.

Sean1875
31-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Charlie Sheen once said he was 'off the rails, man' following a sesh.

:tee hee:

stokesmessiah
31-08-2012, 12:26 PM
The Mcgirven boy from man city can play left back and centre back so I reckon thats us covered there if he gets signed up. Still another midfielder to come in I reckon.

I have a funny feeling that once he has signed we might see the departure of Stephens or O'Hanlon.

the_ginger_hibee
31-08-2012, 12:27 PM
I wish I was special friends with a footballer :boo hoo:...I'd totally defend their honour! It would be amazing!

....but I just dont have any footballer friends :no way:

jacomo
31-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Forming one half of a "Bald 'n' Hairy" comedy double act at CB with David Luiz I believe.

Chelsea should definitely do this. Abramovich wants a more exciting team... what's more exciting than Hazard Mata and Oscar doing tricks at one end of the park, and O'Hanlon and Luiz shipping like UPS at the other?

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Just when I thought man city pressed self distruct they sign Maicon....wonder if Micah Richards fancies a short term deal in Edinburgh...he'll be raging

Heisenberg
31-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Jim White has arrived :not worth

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Should we have a guess at who'll come out Il Postino (he always delivers?) for respective divisions.

Let me guess at St Johnstone as darkhorses.

Don't follow English footie so will guess at Spurs coming out top dogs.

Pedantic_Hibee
Jim White just strolled into the studio in the same manner I walk into the office. He's absolutely donning it at the moment, living like a boss!

edinburghhibee
Although not hibs content efe ambrose a Nigerian centre half is at Celtic park about to sign never heard of him no sure if he is any good. Paddy McCourt was training with Celtic the day and no chance coming to Easter road :(

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2012, 12:39 PM
What's Mikey 'Inglorious' BaStewarts been doing these days?

lyonhibs
Am I hearing this right??? I have to wait until 8pm my time for Jim White's authoritative voice and silver fox looks to come on-screen???

I'll have sobered up by then FFS :boo hoo:

Sean1875
Just when I thought man city pressed self distruct they sign Maicon....wonder if Micah Richards fancies a short term deal in Edinburgh...he'll be raging

Apparantly hes coming as more of a back-up option :agree:

HibbyAndy
31-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Jim White just strolled into the studio in the same manner I walk into the office. He's absolutely donning it at the moment, living like a boss!

He looks like he's just had fun and frolics with Cheryl cole and Natalie Sawyer, Either that or he's just pulled the heid clean off it kenning he's getting the cameo roll for the night's countdown. Either way he's a lucky boy.

Matty_Jack04
Am I hearing this right??? I have to wait until 8pm my time for Jim White's authoritative voice and silver fox looks to come on-screen???

That's got to be a reasonable excuse to get more beers in

hibee-shtuggie

jim white is a bell-end - jsut double up on the tidy birds. productive day in the office for the last two hours...

Pedantic_Hibee
Supplies Update - I've just cracked open a cold bottle of Stella Artois from the fridge. Let the games begin.

Mark79
31-08-2012, 12:45 PM
What's Mikey 'Inglorious' BaStewarts been doing these days?

Still without a club I hear. Plays fives on a sunday with a mate of mine and regularly loses the head even at a kick about. Fud.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 12:46 PM
This'll be me by 11pm if I maintain a steady consumption of beers throughout the day........comatose under the desk.

http://blogs.westword.com/catspjs/drew.jpg

GordonHFC
I wish I was special friends with a footballer :boo hoo:...I'd totally defend their honour! It would be amazing!

....but I just dont have any footballer friends :no way:

Bet you have lots of 'special' friends though :greengrin

lyonhibs
Supplies Update - I've just cracked open a cold bottle of Stella Artois from the fridge. Let the games begin.

:aok:

Good good. Jim White pictured on his phone there. That'll either be to Arsene Wenger, Mancini or a "business professionals only" premium rate phone line. Warming up for Kirsty and Natalie later no doubt :not worth

Mikey
OK, management decision.

If it's good enough for the club to announce Forster and Smith going out on loan it's good enough for us to change the thread title!!

green glory
31-08-2012, 12:47 PM
jim white is a bell-end - jsut double up on the tidy birds. productive day in the office for the last two hours...

Don't forget he's also a Hun ****.

Matty_Jack04
Apparantly hes coming as more of a back-up option :agree:

Ah didn't know that better tell rod to pull out the Micah deal then :cb

Wembley67
OK, management decision.

If it's good enough for the club to announce Forster and Smith going out on loan it's good enough for us to change the thread title!!

Agreed, was just about to ask if this could be done!

HibbyAndy
31-08-2012, 12:48 PM
This'll be me by 11pm if I maintain a steady consumption of beers throughout the day........comatose under the desk.

http://blogs.westword.com/catspjs/drew.jpg

It most certainly will if you continue with the bottled 'Stella Artois' Otherwise known as wife beater.

Just be careful.

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 12:52 PM
It most certainly will if you continue with the bottled 'Stella Artois' Otherwise known as wife beater.

Just be careful.

Hahaha, "Responsible Andy" has spoken. Thou shall watch thine booze intake, lest the Lord in heaven smite ye with a bitch of a hangover and a court summouns tomorrow morning.

killie-hibby
31-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Bounce are saying Booth off to Livingston on loan.

Mikey
31-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Bounce are saying Booth off to Livingston on loan.

Or page 8 on here :wink:

Leishy1995
31-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Who's the two out?

Jones28
31-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Now have an image in my head of her bouncing around the studio on a spacehopper.

Does that make me a pervert or a lucky man?

:faf:

matty_f
31-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Who's the two out?

Forster and Smith on loan to East Fife.

Leishy1995
31-08-2012, 01:05 PM

So has booth not been confirmed?

Mikey
31-08-2012, 01:05 PM
So has booth not been confirmed?

Not yet.

Very surprised at him considering linking up with Hughes again.

killie-hibby
31-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Or page 8 on here :wink:

Ay'e you'r right, so it is.:agree:

Leishy1995
31-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Not yet.

I hope he gets a good amount of football though, he needs it

Hibercelona

Just be careful.

They call it wife beater, but you always come out of it worse.

matty_f
Not yet.

:agree: After some of the tales about Yogi, this would be surprising .

Craig_in_Prague
Missing SSN - as at work... but listening now to Sky Sports Radio :-))

Just Alf
31-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Hearts sign Ryan Stevenson on a three year deal - BBC

Mikey
31-08-2012, 01:08 PM
:agree: After some of the tales about Yogi, this would be surprising .

The memory is foggy. Weren't the stories largely relating to those two in particular?

Mikey
31-08-2012, 01:09 PM

I hope he doesn't get paid next month. Tattooed ladyboy.

BarneyK
31-08-2012, 01:10 PM

That is proper mental :tee hee:

Stevie Reid
31-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Good signing for them - even if they lose Templeton I don't see them being much worse off.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Let the absolutely side-splittingly hilarious back-tracking begin!!

silverhibee
31-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Since it has went a bit quiet, thought i would spark PH back in to life. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpmVouG9QCg

Seveno
31-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I hope he doesn't get paid next month. Tattooed ladyboy.

He'll be lucky to get paid. Heriot Watt have kicked them out of Ricvcarton because they couldn't pay them. They are currently training at Spartans but havent been able to pay them either.

leithsansiro
31-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Just in case Pat Fenlon is looking long and hard at this thread for any ideas (I bet he is...:wink:), I'm currently still without a club. That said, I'm also without much talent or anything like a decent skill level.

Well, if you don't ask, you don't get. :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Since it has went a bit quiet, thought i would spark PH back in to life. :greengrin

Well that's just splendid, isn't it. Absolutely splendid.

Leithenhibby
31-08-2012, 01:17 PM

POV is pretty much spot on! :wink:

HibbyAndy
31-08-2012, 01:18 PM

Check the chebs oan it:not worth

:love ya!::yum yum::drool:

Like ma faither used to say, 'Your better feelin them than feeling hungry'.:cb

Golden Bear
31-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Good signing for them - even if they lose Templeton I don't see them being much worse off.

:agree:

Remember they can now bring in an £8 million rated player in the form of Andy Driver.

:rolleyes:

HoboHarry
31-08-2012, 01:19 PM
He'll be lucky to get paid. Heriot Watt have kicked them out of Ricvcarton because they couldn't pay them. They are currently training at Spartans but havent been able to pay them either.
Is that true? I haven't read anything about that at all.

Sean1875
31-08-2012, 01:19 PM

I heard it a while back so dont know if its still true, but the original agreement was that in exchange for them training at Spartans, Hearts were giving them a fair bit of memorabilia, tickets, etc. If there was cash as part of that I dont know.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2012, 01:20 PM
1415:
Paul Clarkson: "As per my last note regarding McCourt and Hibs. He has now been seen getting out a car at east mains for a medical. #bbcsportsound"
We're checking...

Pedantic_Hibee
As I suspected, a brief dalliance with JKB has shown the spineless wee snakes up for the rampant backtrackers that I knew they would be. They're already foaming at the mouth and ripping one aff over the signing of their latest dyke.

Stevie Reid
1415:
Paul Clarkson: "As per my last note regarding McCourt and Hibs. He has now been seen getting out a car at east mains for a medical. #bbcsportsound"
We're checking...

This could fit in with Pat saying we were offered someone that he didn't expect to be offered.

Pedantic_Hibee
Stoke people are ugly. The end.

HibbyAndy
31-08-2012, 01:23 PM

Wee laddie to the reporters right with the ginger hair looked like he didnae ken if it was xmas eve or Adam and Eve.

Sean1875
31-08-2012, 01:24 PM
1415:
We're checking...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/1a58c1ed3c7335c6632e0796a5f7cb2f.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5151)

sambajustice

:top marks

--------
Just in case Pat Fenlon is looking long and hard at this thread for any ideas (I bet he is...:wink:), I'm currently still without a club. That said, I'm also without much talent or anything like a decent skill level.

Well, Pat might not want you, but I'd say that STF and RP'll round at your door with a contract in about 15 minutes from now.

You sound like exactly the sort of player that matches their ambitions for Hibs. :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee

Wee laddie to the reporters right with the ginger hair looked like he didnae ken if it was xmas eve or Adam and Eve.

The laddie on the left with the goggles and bowl haircut wisnae sure if it was Shrove Tuesday or Sheffield Wednesday.

As for yon Natalie Sawyer lassie, she'd get rogered more times than a walkie-talkie.

S4uzee
1415:
We're checking...

is this a journo or more likely a yam?

Seveno
31-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Is that true? I haven't read anything about that at all.

Definitely true. Watch out for a friendly match at Spartans next weekend in lieu of payment.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2012, 01:25 PM
is this a journo or more likely a yam?

Just BBC scouring Twitter, I believe.

greenlex
31-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Surely Stoke Folk or Folk fi Stoke?

muzzhfc
31-08-2012, 01:27 PM

had you of asked last summer you would of been signed up and made captain by the clown. while the fans would of made you a scape goat and boo boy. really what you want?

HibbyAndy
The laddie on the left with the goggles and bowl haircut wisnae sure if it was Shrove Tuesday or Sheffield Wednesday.

As for yon Natalie Sawyer lassie, she'd get rogered more times than a walkie-talkie.

The amount of times ive embraced the wife at night and thought of yon Sawyer should leave me feeling guilty. Does it?.. Does it hell!.

Pedantic_Hibee
Surely Stoke Folk or Folk fi Stoke?

Either one is a winner.

As an aside, I achieved an involuntary erection at a funeral yesterday. Non-Hibs related, but I thought I'd share with you all.

JHFC
31-08-2012, 01:28 PM

My mate plays for Heriot Watt and they see the Hearts team all the time. They where there last week?

scuttle
31-08-2012, 01:29 PM

Whats James Bond got to do wi it

hibee92
31-08-2012, 01:29 PM
McCourt to us all over twitter. Please please please.

Green&White
31-08-2012, 01:30 PM
The amount of times ive embraced the wife at night and thought of yon Sawyer should leave me feeling gulity. Does it?.. Does it hell!.

As lovely as she is she is no charlotte jackson. by far the hottest SP anchor. get her oan!!! :hyper:

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/charlotte_jackson/charlotte_jackson_charlotte_VohVRS8.sized.jpg

HibeeMassive
31-08-2012, 01:30 PM
My mate plays for Heriot Watt and they see the Hearts team all the time. They where there last week?

They definitely are still using the facilities at Spartans also.

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Tony Watt - another graduate from the "Erudite School of West of Scotland footballers" University.

Sean1875
I've got a spare pair of boxers handy incase we do actually get McCourt.

RickyS

keith downie on twitter says we are trying to get Ryan McGivern on loan from man city and that ryan stevenson has signed for the uglies on a 3yr deal

Stevie Reid
The Paddy McCourt to Hibs rumour has spread like wildfire; our man in Leith is on the case in an effort to verify the chatter...

We'll see...

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 01:33 PM
As lovely as she is she is no charlotte jackson. by far the hottest SP anchor. get her oan!!! :hyper:

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/charlotte_jackson/charlotte_jackson_charlotte_VohVRS8.sized.jpg

Surely to goodness there's a nicer photo of her out there on the world wide web.

Appreciate the camel toe though. A full 10/10 for that.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2012, 01:34 PM

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/charlotte_jackson/charlotte_jackson_zoo_august_2008_kNmaa4T.sized.jp g

Leishy1995
31-08-2012, 01:35 PM
PADDY MCCOURT MATE!? I'm to excited.

SteveHFC
31-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I can exclusively reveal that Ryan Stevenson's next body modification isn't actually a tattoo. He's going for this fetching look as he has one ****ing brass neck.

http://scribbledigit.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/205693384_a62a68dfcd1.jpg

.Sean.
Not yet.

Done.

Alex Trager
sorry guys i know this is a pain but who are the two that have left?

Sean1875
31-08-2012, 01:37 PM
sorry guys i know this is a pain but who are the two that have left?

Mikey
31-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Done.

:aok:

Sean1875
31-08-2012, 01:38 PM
http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/charlotte_jackson/charlotte_jackson_zoo_august_2008_kNmaa4T.sized.jp g

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/weird_kid_fap.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5763)

IanM
31-08-2012, 01:38 PM

where? where? where?

i can never find a thing on twit****!

Green&White
31-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Surely to goodness there's a nicer photo of her out there on the world wide web.

Appreciate the camel toe though. A full 10/10 for that.

oh right i never noticed the rest of the photo, just the toe!

HibbyAndy
31-08-2012, 01:39 PM

That's a camel tae and a half!!!

Kujabi GTF!.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Utter pish that rumour twitter says no

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/weird_kid_fap.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5763)

Save that for the "McCourt to Hibs" headlines.

****ing hilarious .gif though :faf:

green glory
31-08-2012, 01:41 PM
That's a camel tae and a half!!!

Kujabi GTF!.

The full hoof.

HibbyAndy
31-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Save that for the "McCourt to Hibs" headlines.

****ing hilarious .gif though :faf:

That's that wee radge fae youtube that gets mullions of views:agree:

McKenzie
31-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Agent Scotland just told me that Mccourt rumour is pish. Petrie!!!!!

PatHead
31-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Dare I be the first to say it...........................not really sure if I want Hibs to get McCourt. Only plays when he can be bothered and hasn't had a decent run of games for a long, long time.

Alex Trager
31-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Tony Watt - another graduate from the "Erudite School of West of Scotland footballers" University.

I seen that, hilarious. Struggles to speak, but by all accounts finds the net alot

Alex Trager
31-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Dare I be the first to say it...........................not really sure if I want Hibs to get McCourt. Only plays when he can be bothered and hasn't had a decent run of games for a long, long time.

I'm going to second that

silverhibee
31-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Well that's just splendid, isn't it. Absolutely splendid.

Splendido.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2tX2NP-bk&feature=fvwrel

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Actually just lolled my head off at this :faf: :faf: :faf:

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Are we interested in anyone who's not irish? :devil:

green glory
31-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Splendido.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2tX2NP-bk&feature=fvwrel

Spatter!

edinburghhibee
31-08-2012, 01:47 PM
McCourt def not at hibs getting medical, just spoke to someone for a third time about it in Celtic... Think he's getting hacked off now next rumour please!!!

Winston Ingram
31-08-2012, 01:47 PM
brian mclauchlin ‏@BBCBMcLauchlin
Rumours that Celtic winger Paddy McCourt could be heading to Easter Road...Sorry Hibs fans. Not happening. More soon @bbcsportsound

frazeHFC
31-08-2012, 01:49 PM

:faf:

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm going to second that

Im willing to bet my entire deadline day supply of junk food and beer on McCourt being more effective than Danny Galbraith this season for hibs...........if he signs......too which I'm not entirely convinced is actually happening

RickyS
31-08-2012, 01:55 PM
paul tansey fi east fife on twitter says he is on his way to ER for talks to team up wi his bro Griffiths at ER?
anyone know anything about him?

twitter.com/tansey85

Alex Trager
Im willing to bet my entire deadline day supply of junk food and beer on McCourt being more effective than Danny Galbraith this season for hibs...........if he signs......too which I'm not entirely convinced is actually happening

Well Galbraith doesn't really play though so how can he be compared to the 'derry pele'. However i agree that he does have alot of talent, but as far as i'm concerned i've seen him around twenty times playing, wether it be on the tele or at the game, and he's only really stood out on about five occassions.

lyonhibs
Ahhhh Paul Merson takes the stand. We've had "Jewventus" and a complete failure to say "Cazorla".

The phrase used "top drawer" has been used approx. 28 times in 30 seconds.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Did anyone get the word "coup" on the Sky Sports News Word Bingo? If you did, congratulations, you've won a 5 minute motorboat on Natalie Sawyer.

frazeHFC
31-08-2012, 01:58 PM
paul tansey fi east fife on twitter says he is on his way to ER for talks to team up wi his bro Griffiths at ER?

twitter.com/tansey85

It's just a wind-up i think.

Teo10
31-08-2012, 01:59 PM

twitter.com/tansey85

It's a wind up

GordonHFC
31-08-2012, 01:59 PM

Are we interested in anyone?

RickyS
31-08-2012, 02:01 PM
It's just a wind-up i think.

phew!

HibbySpurs
31-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Nope, anyone non Irish will not be Hibs class to be sure :na na:

nelson10.
31-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Sky sports understands hibs are in talks with Man City over a loan move for defender Ryan Mcgivern #MCFC #Hibs

According to twitter.

dirtydirk
31-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Someone on twitter claiming griffiths has been recalled by wolves. Could be alot of nonsense.

matty_f
31-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Someone on twitter claiming griffiths has been recalled by wolves. Could be alot of nonsense.

It is bollocks.

jonny
31-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Are we interested in anyone?

SSN will be revealing news on Hibernian shortly......

archiebald
31-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Tansey-what a joke cant get a game at juniors -still laughing:fenlon

Green Man
31-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Maurice Edu confirms his move from The Rangers to Stoke.

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Well Galbraith doesn't really play though so how can he be compared to the 'derry pele'. However i agree that he does have alot of talent, but as far as i'm concerned i've seen him around twenty times playing, wether it be on the tele or at the game, and he's only really stood out on about five occassions.

I was a bit unfair using Galbraith but as much as it pains me to say it 5 times is a bit more than what sproule offers too, I'm not saying he's a great signing I'm just saying he's better than what we currently have if we where to sign him I'd be happy

Hermit Crab
31-08-2012, 02:09 PM

twitter.com/tansey85

Aye he plays for Newtongrange Star does he no??:dunno:

Teo10
31-08-2012, 02:11 PM

It's rubbish, Coultzy started it as a laugh!

Alex Trager
31-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I was a bit unfair using Galbraith but as much as it pains me to say it 5 times is a bit more than what sproule offers too, I'm not saying he's a great signing I'm just saying he's better than what we currently have if we where to sign him I'd be happy
Haha if you knew me at all you'd know that i do not at all like Ivan Sproule as a player, never really have. Lacks serious amounts of ability, but i see what you're saying. He has the quality just hope he finds more consistency

frazeHFC
31-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Whoever said Stoke people are insanely ugly, is quite clearly very correct!

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 02:16 PM

I thank you :aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Kirsty Gallagher's bosoms have shrunk. A sad, sad day.

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 02:17 PM

Edu did not feel safe there at all

SMAXXA
31-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I thank you :aok:

Many beers you had so far? Go easy on the crisps tho

frazeHFC
31-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Edu did not feel safe there at all

Sure didn't. And not seen the reporter outside of Melwood training centre in Liverpool yet. Chances he has been stabbed already?

EdinMike
31-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I still crack a wry smile when some people forget that today is April Fools Day: Mark 2 and believe every thing they see.

Ah put your own crazy rumour in here I'm too tired to think of one...

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Kirsty Gallagher's bosoms have shrunk. A sad, sad day.

I wasnt that much of a fan but I think she's getting better with age

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Many beers you had so far? Go easy on the crisps tho

On my 2nd beer, just procured a bottle of champers from the fridge as well.

Only two packets of crisps have been eaten so far although I recently polished off two cheese and smoked sausage toasties. Solid contribution.

Frazerbob
31-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I know a lot of folk on here refuse to go over the road to Backtrack.co.uk however, I would make an exception. The thread on Stevenson signing is 100%, pure comedy gold. 10 pages of out and out hatred followed by 4 pages of "well, he was just looking out for his family". Brilliant read!

SMAXXA
31-08-2012, 02:23 PM

Only two packets of crisps have been eaten so far although I recently polished off two cheese and smoked sausage toasties. Solid contribution.

get doon the Brig for some cajon chicken, quality!

Hermit Crab
31-08-2012, 02:24 PM

If I still smoked I'd have 40 Regal King size on the computer desk with an ashtray at the ready. No booze though as I'm working in the morning :smokin:smokin

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 02:25 PM
get doon the Brig for some cajon chicken, quality!

They might object to me turning up with my laptop and demanding a laz-e-boy chair so I can conduct operations remotely.

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Berbatov to fulham is a great signing

See Huddersfield made a bid of under £1mill for stokes obviously rejected but we must have a wee sell on in there eh?

JHFC
31-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I know a lot of folk on here refuse to go over the road to Backtrack.co.uk however, I would make an exception. The thread on Stevenson signing is 100%, pure comedy gold. 10 pages of out and out hatred followed by 4 pages of "well, he was just looking out for his family". Brilliant read!

Few of my yam 'mates' didn't want him to sign either.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Berbatov to fulham is a great signing

See Huddersfield made a bid of under £1mill for stokes obviously rejected but we must have a wee sell on in there eh?

Knowing Petrie, it's an absolute guarantee.

DAVE1875
31-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Yams re-signed Ryan Stevenson

hibernianyank
31-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Yams re-signed Ryan Stevenson

Will he make up his mind....

Leishy1995
31-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Tom Taiwo and the man city full back. Sky sports just said it

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Tom taiwo signed who what where why.....

How did I miss anything about that obviously not enough crisp rolls

green.and.white
McGivern on loan and Tom Taiwo a permanent deal both to happen according to SSN

hibee92
Taiwo and McGivern

Pedantic_Hibee
Taiwo, what a shout from Scoopyboy!! :top marks

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Tom Taiwo and the man city full back. Sky sports just said it

Not that that makes it gospel, but 2 new signings would be a good deadline day.

Bunch of slack jawed mutants down Stoke way likes.

DAVE1875
31-08-2012, 02:32 PM
These two signings will hopefully be good additions to the squad (assuming they sign that is.) No doubt the official site won't report them signing until the end of October :rolleyes:

Alex Trager

Who's this Taiwo?

jacomo

Uglier than Huns though? Really?

green.and.white

Charlie Adam will fit right in. Doesn't look like there's a dentist in Stoke either

Hermit Crab
31-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Who's this Taiwo?

Some boy from Carlisle who wants to leave because of family issues about being homesick and wanting to move back to yorkshire or his wife does? Thats the story i got.

Hainan Hibs
31-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome onboard boys:thumbsup:

jacomo
31-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Tom taiwo signed who what where why.....

How did I miss anything about that obviously not enough crisp rolls

Midfielder with a decent pedigree (Chelsea or Spurs, can't remember which) but has fallen like an autumn leaf since then. Bit of a risk I think in that could turn out to be another Soares-type who can't be arsed, or could be a Rocastle, just looking for the right club?

Whatever, we definitely need strengthening in central midfield.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I reckon agentscotland is just lifting his info from sky sports hes just tweeted exactly what SSN has just said. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm:hilarious

jacomo
31-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Taiwo and McGivern

Who goes? Booth on loan, plus one of Kujabi / O'Hanlon / Stephens on their way?

Hermit Crab
31-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Midfielder with a decent pedigree (Chelsea or Spurs, can't remember which) but has fallen like an autumn leaf since then. Bit of a risk I think in that could turn out to be another Soares-type who can't be arsed, or could be a Rocastle, just looking for the right club?

Throw him in tomorrow :aok:

Zondervan
31-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Taiwo and McGivern

Why are we allegedly signing another left/central defender, and another midfilelder in the style of Degan/Cairney?:confused:

12AlbionPlace
31-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Young City right-back George Francomb has joined League Two side @afcwimbledon in a one-month loan

lyonhibs
Seems like a decent player, won the Uber Diddy Lower League Cup with Carlisle, and has player frequently at League 1 level. Is only 22. Said no to Carlisle's contract offer as he wanted to be closer to his wife and bairn in Yorkshire, so unless he's pretty **** at geography, the move seems unlikely I'd have thought ??

Leishy1995
Missed out on berbatov though.

dolphan

Looks from Wiki like he's been first name on the team sheet for Carlisle since leaving Chelsea, 99 appearances in two years? Doesn't sound like freefall.

JimBHibees
Some boy from Carlisle who wants to leave because of family issues about being homesick and wanting to move back to yorkshire or his wife does? Thats the story i got.

22 year old competitive midfielder was at Carlisle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Taiwo

PatHead
31-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Why are we allegedly signing another left/central defender, and another midfilelder in the style of Degan/Cairney?:confused:

You saw the depth of our squad on Tuesday

GreenPJ
31-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Are we looking at any attack minded players.

JimBHibees
31-08-2012, 02:42 PM

Little bit harsh maybe he has just found his level. I think a very good age and someone who has played alot in the last couple of years.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Who's this Taiwo?

Never heard of him either but a quick look at Wiki shows he has played over 100 games for Carlisle which is not bad at age of 22.:aok: Doesn't appear to score many goals though which our midfield definitely needs to beef up on.

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 02:44 PM

That we do mate, nice to get some faces in hopefully we're not done yet

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Who's this Taiwo?

Another bloody Irishman.

Dashing Bob S
Like the idea of signing Tom Tiawo of only for the song possibilities. 'One Tom Tiawo' is a trifle crass, but also somewhat irresistible. Even the opposition fans would be compelled to join us.

Stevie Reid
Would be happy with the two mentioned - with Fenlon talking about wingers in his piece on the official site, will we see one more?

Perhaps he'll try and pick up an out of contract one after the window shuts

JimBHibees
31-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Happy if the two guys quoted join our squad however we really could do with one decent wide player who can take on a player and get a decent quality cross in.

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Getting a bit worried that we wont bring in someone with a bit of pace and width.

Jones28
So these 2 are confirmed?

Like the look of them in any case, though we could probably do with another striker too :agree:

Hainan Hibs
Get the thread title updated Petrie:grr:

Kenny1875
We should be attracting the likes of Berbarov. Why we didn't at least offer him a training session down at east mains I'll never know.

Sergio sledge
31-08-2012, 02:50 PM
He's getting ready Pedantic.... http://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/241547531614556160/photo/1

Mikey
31-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Get the thread title updated Petrie:grr:

It's only the 2 loans out that have been confirmed so far!

jonny
31-08-2012, 02:51 PM

I'd heard that as well but I suppose an increased salary for him, the possibility of having European football next year (yes, I know it's optimistic but certainly much more chance here than at Carlisle) and Edinburgh having a far bigger draw to it for his wife have probably helped make his mind up.

And besides all that who could possibly turn down the chance to play for the mighty Hibees!

:pfgwa

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 02:51 PM
He's getting ready Pedantic.... http://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/241547531614556160/photo/1

http://blog.ancientlasers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Mind-Blown.jpg

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2012, 02:52 PM

Coz as Tuesday showed, we need cover for McPake / Hanlon coz whats there aint good enough.

As far as Wikipedia goes the boy Tiawo likes to put himself about a bit in the tackle .... If we cant get a hold of a cultured ball playing midfielder we might as well have three guys in there who are willing to get stuck in.

lyonhibs
31-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Coz as Tuesday showed, we need cover for McPake / Hanlon coz whats there aint good enough.

As far as Wikipedia goes the boy Tiawo likes to put himself about a bit in the tackle .... If we cant get a hold of a cultured ball playing midfielder we might as well have three guys in there who are willing to get stuck in.

Richard Wright to Man City :confused:

He'll be like a dug with 2 dicks - nae chance of playing unless Hart gets injured, and even then he's probably 3rd choice, but he'll be picking up a cushty packet.

jonny
31-08-2012, 02:57 PM
22 year old competitive midfielder was at Carlisle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Taiwo

Averages 1 goal in 20 games and is only 5ft 8 - Petrie :grr:

In reality I'm sure he'll be a very useful addition to the squad. Is his name pronounced Tae-wo, Tee-wo, Tie-wo or Ta-ee-wo?
Oh, and he's English not Irish!

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 02:57 PM

He'll be like a dug with 2 dicks - nae chance of playing unless Hart gets injured, and even then he's probably 3rd choice, but he'll be picking up a cushty packet.

So symptomatic of many of their signings. "I'm going there for a first-team place" is like going to a prostitute for a cuddle.

Hainan Hibs
31-08-2012, 02:58 PM
It's only the 2 loans out that have been confirmed so far!

Apologies, premature excitement there:agree:

Zondervan
31-08-2012, 02:58 PM
You saw the depth of our squad on Tuesday

I did, but are we not crying out a couple of attacking midfielders/wingers? Our play has been so narrow so far this season, none more so than on Tuesday night.

Steve20
31-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I hope we're bringing in a winger.

green glory
31-08-2012, 03:01 PM

In reality I'm sure he'll be a very useful addition to the squad. Is his name pronounced Tae-wo, Tee-wo, Tie-wo or Ta-ee-wo?

Pretty sure it's Tae-wo although a name change to Fingal O'Feeney would help him fit in nicely lol.

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Kenny millar on twitter saying IF hibs get taiwo it's good business as Carlisle where after £200,000 in compo

Green&White
31-08-2012, 03:02 PM
what happened to this player that fenlon didnt think we could get but now we maybe can?? cant imagine its taiwo or the man city boy. so hopefully theres still another to come and abit more exciting :flag:

Sir David Gray
31-08-2012, 03:05 PM

He was in a similar situation a few years back when he signed for Arsenal when David Seaman was still there, even if he was 38 at the time.

He doesn't seem to mind being the "other" goalkeeper. He's not actually played that many matches throughout his career, except when he's been at Ipswich.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 03:06 PM
He has got a fantastic bumchin as well. Just saying.

IanM
31-08-2012, 03:06 PM
what happened to this player that fenlon didnt think we could get but now we maybe can?? cant imagine its taiwo or the man city boy. so hopefully theres still another to come and abit more exciting :flag:

pfft talk about greedy guts

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2012, 03:07 PM

That will be a huge WHOOSH for you then. :tee hee:

jacomo
31-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Looks from Wiki like he's been first name on the team sheet for Carlisle since leaving Chelsea, 99 appearances in two years? Doesn't sound like freefall.

Indeed. My autumn leaf metaphor was deliberately chosen to evoke a more gentle descent...

:wink:

jacomo
31-08-2012, 03:09 PM

He can't be dropping hints like that unless its McCourt or McFadden.

Surely...?

Heisenberg
31-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Might well be Taiwo. It was reported that Carlisle were wanting 200,000 compensation and maybe we've found out that we wont need to pay anywhere near that?

stokesmessiah
31-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Might well be Taiwo. It was reported that Carlisle were wanting 200,000 compensation and maybe we've found out that we wont need to pay anywhere near that?

Or anything ala Clayton Donaldson ?

Winston Ingram
31-08-2012, 03:18 PM

this:agree:

number9dream
31-08-2012, 03:19 PM

If confirmed, it is a worry, although squad depth is an issue. We went with four central midfielders last season and we're doing it again this term, so far. With Smith on loan and Booth maybe doing the same, we'll be down to just the four left-backs!

MussiHibee
31-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Ryan McGivern and Tom Taiwo both signed.

McGivern (Loan) Taiwo (Outright)

jacomo
31-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Could do a job for us, I reckon.

DevonLoch
31-08-2012, 03:21 PM
He can't be dropping hints like that unless its McCourt or McFadden.

Surely...?

Also said:

Fenlon says Tuesday night's painful Scottish Communities League Cup exit at Division Two side Queen of the South handed him a timely reminder of the abundant quality prevalent in the lower Scottish leagues and admits that is a previously untapped source of player recruitment.

So could be Reilly or Carmichael from QoS - both played well, ran Kujabi and O'Hanlon ragged and sound like they could have Irish bloodlines!

HoboHarry
31-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Ryan McGivern and Tom Taiwo both signed.

McGivern (Loan) Taiwo (Outright)
I'm reading this but I can't find a link anywhere?

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Just in from work. Multipacks of McCoy's were reduced to a pound in the Co-op, so I got two (one 'classic' and one 'meaty'). Also picked up 8 Tunnock's snowballs...I know, I know, teacakes are better, but they were selling 8 for a quid - you simply can't argue with those numbers.

The fish man delivered to my work this morning, so I pumped him for information. Obviously this is the Cambridge Science Park fish man, not the ER one, but these guys are thick as thieves so it was worth a try. Had no info, gutted.

Franck Stanton
31-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Sure I read a post from a Carlisle supporter, think his name was "Blueboy" or something similar, posted that taiwo is a hard tackling grafter on left side of midfield and most of the fans he knows dont want to see him go. Sounds just like what we need in midfield.

Sean1875
31-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Just in from work. Multipacks of McCoy's were reduced to a pound in the Co-op, so I got two (one 'classic' and one 'meaty'). Also picked up 8 Tunnock's snowballs...I know, I know, teacakes are better, but they were selling 8 for a quid - you simply can't argue with those numbers.

The fish man delivered to my work this morning, so I pumped him for information. Obviously this is the Cambridge Science Park fish man, not the ER one, but these guys are thick as thieves so it was worth a try. Had no info, gutted.
Is that the usual method of getting transfer gossip down Cambridge way? :greengrin

jacomo
31-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Is that the usual method of getting transfer gossip down Cambridge way? :greengrin

I think it's an everyday form of greeting round those parts.

Sean1875
31-08-2012, 03:27 PM

I find a handshake usually does the trick but theyre obviously very emotive and full of love down there, each to their own.

SteveHFC
Stuart Graham: "Just spotted Rod Petrie withdrawing cash at the ATM. A Hibs signing imminent surely. #bbcsportsound"

lyonhibs

Information, yer Giro, the latest Boat Race betting odds and so on and so on. To make your way in the Cambridge world, you're going to get pumped.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2012, 03:32 PM
BBC Scotland's Brian McLauchlin"Nothing imminent at Hibs regards any new players. Hopeful of at least one player arriving before the 11.00pm deadline"

Hopefully Sky are correct.

scoopyboy
Taiwo, what a shout from Scoopyboy!! :top marks

Another one for East Lothian Hibs and the Brig mate.

Pedantic, Brooster, Scoopyboy and Sean.

Howzat for a midfield?

Leishy1995
Heskey signed for Charlton, we missed out there.

Cabbage East

You pumped the fish man?

Hermit Crab

Quality - hanging out the back of the fish man in exchange for info :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

HoboHarry
Hibs fans website is claiming we have picked up two players but the BBC are saying different

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19436946

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Information, yer Giro, the latest Boat Race betting odds and so on and so on. To make your way in the Cambridge world, you're going to get pumped.

Punting isn't what you think it is, although it does involve a pole.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2012, 03:34 PM
You pumped the fish man?

Quality - hanging out the back of the fish man for info :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Above and beyond the call of duty for you ungrateful pricks, and nothing to show for it.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Another one for East Lothian Hibs and the Brig mate.

Pedantic, Brooster, Scoopyboy and Sean.

Howzat for a midfield?

Can I just sit in front of the back four? My legs aren't what they used to be and cigarettes have taken their toll on my previously electric burst of pace.

Niffy
31-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Can I just sit in front of the back four? My legs aren't what they used to be and cigarettes have taken their toll on my previously electric burst of pace.

Speaking of East Lothian Hibs, I just watched a home video from 1993, and the big shield from the back of the bus is sitting in my front room.

Sorry though, no signing news.

poolman
31-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Hibs fans website is claiming we have picked up two players but the BBC are saying different

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19436946

I would listen to Scoopyboy long before these cretins at the BBC :agree:

One Day Soon
31-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Seriously?

Anyway, I'm leading with a pretty effective combination of multi-packs of Topics and Twirls up front. My central defence is anchored by cans of pringles (a bit pricey but they do the job consistently). Out wide we are looking at bringing on steak - yes, steak - sandwiches late on in the game. The backroom staff (Mrs One Day Soon) will be handling that substitution as I will have my hands full monitoring and managing the main action from the technical area. My intermittent midfield playmaker will be home made strawberry jam on toast.

And there's a very strong chance I will be signing some late continentals in the form Nastro Azzuro as the gritty midfield stoppers.

We don't have a fish man so instead I nipped round to Leadervale Road where Jason Isaacs is today filming an episode of Case Histories to see if he had any inside track. All I got was 'it's murder'. He could have meant the weather, the filming or our signings to come - it wasn't clear. I didn't tell Mrs One Day Soon that he's there otherwise the steak sandwiches would never see the light of day and there's a fair chance we would have a suspiciously Isaacs looking new addition in nine months time. Plus that would put Hibsbollah even further down the pecking order...

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2012, 03:42 PM
What's the general consensus - are we drinking through this one? I've got Irn-Bru and beer available, not decided which path to take yet.

That said, if this thread is as good as January's then I might just tan the lot.

McKenzie
31-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Just been told Taiwo and Mcgivern signed

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Seriously?

Yes, I spent all morning thinking of that.

jonty
31-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Just been told Taiwo and Mcgivern signed

cruz?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRBS5WZMdik

Confirmed on SSN :aok:

Famous5forever
31-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I Am only interested in players signing for us but its very quiet not a peep out of Easter Road:confused: come on Paddy get 2 more in before 11pm:aok:

One Day Soon
31-08-2012, 03:46 PM
What's the general consensus - are we drinking through this one? I've got Irn-Bru and beer available, not decided which path to take yet.

That said, if this thread is as good as January's then I might just tan the lot.

Well I vote pi5h-up. It IS Friday after all....

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2012, 03:47 PM
nonshinyfinish, I'm on the beers so I implore you to follow my tracks and get biscuit-ersed. :aok:

One Day Soon
31-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Jesus H C, I've just realised that come November I will have given six years of my life to posting on .net. And now I'm wide open to disapproving PMs too.

lyonhibs

Chooze the booze.

nonshinyfinish
Well I vote pi5h-up. It IS Friday after all....

nonshinyfinish, I'm on the beers so I implore you to follow my tracks and get biscuit-ersed. :aok:

I'm going to call that a majority. Let's be 'aving you!

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2012, 03:50 PM
This Scottish reporter needs a cup o lemsip and his chariot by the sounds of him

One Day Soon
31-08-2012, 03:51 PM

That's all a bit disturbingly botty related, no? But just while the phrase is out there, how does biscuit-ersed mean stocious exactly?

lyonhibs
One unexpected advantage of getting pumped into the 3rd division is that Rangers 2012 have 1 extra hour to do transfer business. Lesbo 1 and Lesbo 2 on the Hearts bus back up the road from Scouserpool. Hope the M8 is nice and quiet tonight.......................:devil:

hibee-shtuggie
Chooze the booze.

it is past four in the office so 'beers on a friday' and constant hibs.net checking is in full flow...nae confirmed signings though

Pedantic_Hibee
Why is it always Celtic and Rangers we hear about and then ten seconds on the rest of Scotland?

Hermit Crab
31-08-2012, 03:52 PM

Would that be instead of tanning the fish man's ass? :hilarious