PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine on leith

erin go bragh
30-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Nice wee touch by Liverpool ,played sunshine on leith ht against the pink lot :greengrin

ggtth

edwards
30-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Nice wee touch by Liverpool ,played sunshine on leith ht against the pink lot :greengrin

ggtth

Love it if this is true anyone got a clip of it and the unwashed's reaction.

Frazerbob
30-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Love it if this is true anyone got a clip of it and the unwashed's reaction.

It is true. They were talking about it at half time on the wireless. Initially it was booed then, according to Wee Fat Robbo, the Jambos sang their version, whatever the **** that is.

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2012, 09:27 PM
It is true. They were talking about it at half time on the wireless. Initially it was booed then, according to Wee Fat Robbo, the Jambos sang their version, whatever the **** that is.

In Our Gorgie Slums :confused:

son of haggart
30-08-2012, 09:36 PM

I think the words are fine for us (Hibs fans being a bit down by the constant derby beatings and being cheered up and spiritually consoled by some fortunate weather :wink:- ) great song, though not my favourite of theirs which would be "What do you do" from the same album

geordielad
30-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Sorrow sorrow sorrow my heart was broken

Big Frank
30-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I think the words are fine for us (Hibs fans being a bit down by the constant derby beatings and being cheered up and spiritually consoled by some fortunate weather :wink:- ) great song, though not my favourite of theirs which would be "What do you do" from the same album

obsessed.

Yer oot.

son of haggart
30-08-2012, 09:41 PM
obsessed.

Yer oot.

?

Kato
30-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I thought it was great. Hearts sang about us throughout both legs, except for the first 25 of the second half tonight and Liverpool played SOL. Good publicity for the Hibs.

Www1875hfc
30-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Sorrow sorrow sorrow my heart was broken

Wee shame..:dummytit:

Hermit Crab
30-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Is that roaster greetin?? That must be son of haggart.....

son of haggart
30-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Is that roaster greetin?? That must be son of haggart.....

Ha - he lacks the handsome gene and I lack the greetin' gene so not me (not to mention I wasnae even there)

JohnStephens91
30-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Ha - he lacks the handsome gene and I lack the greetin' gene so not me (not to mention I wasnae even there)

There are no handsome genes amongst Hearts fans and that is a fact :greengrin

bigwheel
31-08-2012, 05:57 AM
So own up....who was the genius that requested them to play it?? Brilliant ! :-)

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2012, 06:18 AM
On a slightly related note.......

Did anyone else hear the hearts fans singing the 'South Morocco' song

Shouting 5-1 at the end

:rolleyes:

If these guys had an original thought, their heads would explode

Could also hear them singing the billy boys not long before kick off.

Hope mr. Uefa was listening :cb

Barney McGrew
31-08-2012, 06:35 AM

Shouting 5-1 at the end

Their obsession with Hibs continues.

For a set of fans that claim they don't care about the 'wee team', they seem to constantly sing about us don't they?

Roasters.

marti1875
31-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Their obsession with Hibs continues.

For a set of fans that claim they don't care about the 'wee team', they seem to constantly sing about us don't they?

Roasters.

This. :agree:
They are completely, utterly 100% obsessed by us...it's quite disturbing how they are more obsessed with us than actually singing/talking about their own actual team.....Great to hear Sunshine on Leith was played, god, i can just imagine them frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs when that came on... ha ha :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
31-08-2012, 07:17 AM
The irony is there was nothing "big team" about their behaviour surrounding the tie. Everything screamed "wee team having a great day out:thumbsup:", that sort of patronising rubbish you get when you are considerably smaller than the other team and have absolutely no chance in the tie, so the only thing you cling on to is "having a great day oot:thumbsup:".

Charging £40 quid for a ticket at Gorgie as if it was already the final, while Liverpool charge £14 treating it as some sort of pre season game, it really makes the "big team" patter cringeworthy.

ronaldo7
31-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Shouting 5-1 at the end

If this was "The Rangers" fans singing, it would have been all over the red tops.

Sectarian, and homophobic singing by the Hearts fans in such numbers has brought them to a new level.

Their was a long announcement at half time which covered the singing of racist, homophobic songs was not acceptable at Liverpool. The Uefa supervisor should be all over this.

clerriehibs
31-08-2012, 12:05 PM

Roaster on the right has the look of uncle fester's nephew pugsley addams about him.

DCI Gene Hunt
31-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Epic fail. "The Big Team" yet again fail to live up to their self-induced hype.

Yams... get it RIGHT up ye. :yw:

muzzhfc
31-08-2012, 01:17 PM
does anyone have a video of this?? would love to see it. and get griffiths to post it on twitter

Zondervan
31-08-2012, 01:48 PM

Shouting 5-1 at the end

With regards to the "South Morocco" song, I have been told by older Hibs and Hearts fans that it was originally a Hearts song. Hibs then started singing it after the 0-7 game. Can anyone on here verify this?

Regardless, it looks like Hearts have ownership again unfortunately. Another legacy of that inept performance at Hampden.

Future17
31-08-2012, 02:59 PM
With regards to the "South Morocco" song, I have been told by older Hibs and Hearts fans that it was originally a Hearts song. Hibs then started singing it after the 0-7 game. Can anyone on here verify this?

Regardless, it looks like Hearts have ownership again unfortunately. Another legacy of that inept performance at Hampden.

Really? So we were actually playing for "the South Morocco song" as well as the Scottish Cup?!? If only the players had known....

Ross4356
31-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Really? So we were actually playing for "the South Morocco song" as well as the Scottish Cup?!? If only the players had known....

Hahahahaha

son of haggart
31-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Pretty sure it was a hearts song first though it's origins and meaning (nobody can recall us ever playing there) are so obscure it could be wrong. Pretty sure it was first sung by us mid 70s

http://www.londonhearts.com/humour/southmorocco.html

I'd be interested if anyone's does know more about its origins

Phil D. Rolls
31-08-2012, 03:54 PM
If this was "The Rangers" fans singing, it would have been all over the red tops.

Sectarian, and homophobic singing by the Hearts fans in such numbers has brought them to a new level.

Their was a long announcement at half time which covered the singing of racist, homophobic songs was not acceptable at Liverpool. The Uefa supervisor should be all over this.

At the very least, someone should lose their job over this. :agree: It really puts the famine in Mali into context.

keithkeith
31-08-2012, 06:41 PM
New love of Liverpool now they have done that!

;o)

Sir David Gray
31-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I've always detested Liverpool as a club but they've gone up in my estimations after hearing about that! :greengrin