SteveHFC
30-08-2012, 12:26 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19418479

Leishy1995
30-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Damn, didn't want him to leave.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Thats a cheap price to pay for an island! I love Faliraki!

Pete
30-08-2012, 12:33 AM
This is like Marcus Stewart all over again. Huddersfield were sitting top of the championship until they sold their talisman to one of their rivals. They've only now really recovered from the disruption that caused and they have a good side again but like then, so much of it is based on having a great striker spearheading the attack.

It's a shame because they are a great club and a sleeping giant.

Sean1875
30-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Was hoping to see him in the Premiership personally, but hopefully he'll get his game for Blackburn though and he'll get there one day, massive future for the boy :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 12:40 AM
This is like Marcus Stewart all over again. Huddersfield were sitting top of the championship until they sold their talisman to one of their rivals. They've only now really recovered from the disruption that caused and they have a good side again but like then, so much of it is based on having a great striker spearheading the attack.

It's a shame because they are a great club and a sleeping giant.

Theres a blast from the past!

Marcus won me a fortune on the first scorer investments.

What a striker he was!

Pete
30-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Theres a blast from the past!

Marcus won me a fortune on the first scorer investments.

What a striker he was!

I was going to pull you up about it being from "the past" but bloody hell that was 12 years ago!! Where does the time go as that seems like yesterday.

I seem to remember Huddersfield, and therefore Stewart, stuffing a lot of my coupons back then.

...at least there's no tax on them nowadays!:faint:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 01:43 AM
1/3 instead of 1/2 the odds ew tho for first scorers!

Reminds me of backing Sol Campbell @ 50s in The Champions League Final v Barca! that was a messy (pardon the pun) night!

jamieross
30-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Theyll have 2 of Scotlands best strikers there, hope they both get game time in the championship :agree:

Haymaker
30-08-2012, 02:27 AM
1/3 instead of 1/2 the odds ew tho for first scorers!

Reminds me of backing Sol Campbell @ 50s in The Champions League Final v Barca! that was a messy (pardon the pun) night!

Had a mate at work who was adamant that Campbell would score first, we laughed. We laughed harder when he stormed into the bookies and slapped £50 down on it to shut us up.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 02:40 AM
I wish i had put as much on! £5ew for me!

Pete
30-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Apparently that game has to be referred to as the "Henrik Larrson" final every time it is mentioned and Celtic must be given full credit.

You're all being pretty ungrateful.

GordonHFC
30-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Has Petrie worked his magic and managed to negotiate a % of any future transfer fee :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
30-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Dont see the point in this move for Rhodes.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2012, 06:51 AM
To be fair, Larson did change the game in Barca's favour when he came on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2012, 06:54 AM

Agreed, a move to a much bigger club would have been worth the wait unless they have trebled his wages, not a very good career move IMO

Hibbyradge
30-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Has Petrie worked his magic and managed to negotiate a % of any future transfer fee :greengrin

:thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
30-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd be concerned if i was a Dundee utd fan. Johnny Russell and makay stevens was "allegedly" on the HT radar. With £8m incoming and a hole in the front line I don't think utd can turn down a decent offer.

J-C
30-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Strange decision by Rhodes, looks more like a sideways move rather than a career move, can't see Blackburn doing anything this or even next season.

PeterboroHibee
30-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Not sure I see the point of this. Blackburn already have a fair few strikers, why do they need to spend £8m on someone else? Obviously he has a brilliant scoring record, but Goodwillie is a really good player who they havent given a chance to, despite spending what, £3m on him.

clerriehibs
30-08-2012, 09:40 AM
I look forward to potter describing this amount as 'obscene', as he did witj fletcher, esp as rhodes has no epl scoring form and nor will he anytime soon.

VickMackie
30-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I get the feeling Blackburn will be in the **** over the next year or two.

Sammy7nil
30-08-2012, 11:05 AM

I think you may find money had a little bit of a say :wink:

But I agree it is a sideways step he would have been better re-negotiating his current deal and waiting on a better club to come in, Blackburn are still in chaos.

Craig_in_Prague
30-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I think you may find money had a little bit of a say :wink:

But I agree it is a sideways step he would have been better re-negotiating his current deal and waiting on a better club to come in, Blackburn are still in chaos.

He will earn lots of money in his career; He's in a team where he's playing every week, scoring goals and are continuing to move forward and are looking up. Why move side-ways to a team on the decline..... from a footballing point of view, I don't think it's a good move for him.

Sure, short-term money will be better now, but he'd have got himself a bigger and better deal next summer - and even into a top 8 EPL club.

frazeHFC
30-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Pretty gutted with this. Like Huddersfield, have been a joy to watch last few seasons. If he was going to leave it should have been to a Premier League team. Not only that, i have Huddersfield in a 21 goals competition so now i am probably screwed!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Not sure I see the point of this. Blackburn already have a fair few strikers, why do they need to spend £8m on someone else? Obviously he has a brilliant scoring record, but Goodwillie is a really good player who they havent given a chance to, despite spending what, £3m on him.

They signed Leon Best for £3m a few weeks ago, but, he is now out injured for 6 months.

FWIW I think he has made the wrong move here too.

Sean1875
30-08-2012, 02:23 PM
According to one of those Agent Football things on twitter, the fee is £4.5M upfront and potentially rising to £8M based on promotion and number of goals scored.

jacomo
30-08-2012, 02:38 PM
According to one of those Agent Football things on twitter, the fee is £4.5M upfront and potentially rising to £8M based on promotion and number of goals scored.

That is still a monster amount of money for a player who's got no top flight experience.

DH1875
30-08-2012, 08:50 PM
And to think there were people on here thinking we'd get him for 500k after the friendly in the summer :faf:.

VickMackie
30-08-2012, 08:53 PM
And to think there were people on here thinking we'd get him for 500k after the friendly in the summer :faf:.

Who thought that? There's was talk of bids from west ham for millions in January was there not?

Sylar
30-08-2012, 08:54 PM
One of the most exciting young Scottish players we've seen in recent years and he goes to a remarkably unexciting sinking ship.

DH1875
30-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Who thought that? There's was talk of bids from west ham for millions in January was there not?

I know. Even had words with one guy on here as he said I was crazy when I said he'd go for millions. Can't remember his name but I'm sure he's reading :greengrin. If your really bothered check the thread from the game.