PDA

View Full Version : Best Memory as Hibee

GGTTH07
29-08-2012, 09:28 PM
What's your best memory except the skol 92 and cis 07 cup wins? As im only 16 i went to my first trip to Castle Greyskull.. yeah you know it iv3n day! MAgic memories.

JennaFletcher
29-08-2012, 09:33 PM
3-2 against Celtic was fun. I also really enjoyed the win against Aberdeen in the semi final - the bruises from the celebrations when Sparky scored, the singing & glee, the warm fuzzy feeling it gave me afterwards and the slight glimmer of hope, dreams of shiney silverware and sleepless nights :agree: - all for it to be ripped to smithereens in the final... life as a Hibee huh :greengrin
After the good always comes some bad!

hibeemikey21
29-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Just loved the moment O'Connor's shot hit the net in the 10 men derby. Bedlam.

Fritz
29-08-2012, 09:46 PM
What's your best memory except the skol 92 and cis 07 cup wins? As im only 16 i went to my first trip to Castle Greyskull.. yeah you know it iv3n day! MAgic memories.

'91...

TamHibs
29-08-2012, 09:47 PM
The unbeatable derby in 2005, had my 18th in one of the function suites at ER that night aswel!

CallumLaidlaw
29-08-2012, 09:53 PM
The 3-0 cup game at ibrox, or like tam, the unbeatable derby.

McKenzie
29-08-2012, 09:55 PM
6-2

DanTheMan
29-08-2012, 09:58 PM
One of many; Beating Celtic at parkhead 3-1 O'connor, Sproule and Brown. I was 15 at the time :thumbsup:

LeighLoyal
29-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Walking out of ER after the 6-2, fans all singing going down St Clair Street. Magic feeling. :thumbsup:

DevonLoch
29-08-2012, 10:16 PM
This one

http://youtu.be/CIBDHez9yuI

I was 12 at the time. Brilliant side - fantastic result.

Also the league cup finals in 1972 and 2007 (Sunhine on Leith at the end - fantastic) And the Scottish Cup final this year for the Hibs support - great displays at the start of the game.

jodjam
29-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Videoton away was just amazing

RCNG
29-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Millennium derby at PBS. Freezing cold, ***** food, broken seat the whole game. 0-3 hibs. Wouldn't change it for the world.

givescotlandfreedom
29-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Huns CIS semi final win on penalties is up there for me.

AndyB_70
29-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Very hard to choose. Darren Jacksons goal away to Anderlecht. Could be the 6-2 game. 3-0 at the PBS when le God ran the full length of the pitch after scoring to celebrate in front of us. 3-0 cup win at Hunbrox. Winning the penalty shoot out against Smeltic at ER or the shoot out against the Huns at Hampden.
I'll go with Darren Jacksons goal. The celebrations were just mental.

Aaaarrgghhhh maybe Keith Wrights winner in the semi final at Hampden. I give up.

c31
29-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Loads of great memories from the old Edinburgh West days - also first overseas trip to Norkopping then a week later Strasbourg - it was all years ago.

Today it's all sanitised and crap football....

Hibs3-2
29-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Aberdeen semi final last year

Pedantic_Hibee
29-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Jarko Wiss' debut.

.Sean.
29-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Unbeatable Derby by a million miles. I've never even seen highlights back of it, unfortunately. Can't find them anywhere.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Results and best moments are completely different!

SOL @ ER before Extra Time started v AEK, if that feeling is bettered, then I want to be there!

Keep changing my mind about which game, but, at the moment Souness' first game for that Rangers mob will do!

Best moment was probably with a girl from Kiev on a stop off on the way to Dnipro, unfortunately, it pretty much was just a moment!

hibIBZ
29-08-2012, 11:50 PM
darren jackson's penalty at ibrox when it was miles outside the box. o'connor in the 10 men derby, paco luna's double against AEK, millenium derby, sauzee's header V sumbos when he knocked his teeth out, chic charnley from the half way line V celtic

Captain Trips
29-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Beating Rangers in SF of Skol cup, Wrights header will never be forgotten.
Millenium Derby rendition of "one Sauzee" after his goal.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Today it's all sanitised and crap football....

Its pretty much always crap, but, the sanitisation of the game makes me yearn for the old east terracing days!

Progress, meh! (I'm not even sure what meh means!)

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Being at every away drawn game on the way to SKOL Cup Victory was quite a pleasing campaign.

essexhibee
30-08-2012, 03:39 AM
Being 18 and living down south its been hard to see hibs game. Fav memories are the 6-2 and casper derby.

Last year however going to the semi was a wonderful day. First time being older that I went to a hibs game with my dad who installed my green blood which has always been strong despite living in england. To see hibs win and see my dad smiling all the way back home to the beautiful capital was a great memory to have. Met fellow hibees and got a taste of something that I'd wanted for ages but couldn't get living down here.

Ill go the grave with my blood running green.

Pete
30-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Unbeatable Derby by a million miles. I've never even seen highlights back of it, unfortunately. Can't find them anywhere.

Great day but and I'm sure ER was full to the brim. If I remember correctly Pressley was in the west stand and he got pelters.

Two nil down at half time to beat Killie 4-2 and the 7-0 against a (future) star-studded livingston are other highlights from around that time.

IWasThere2016
30-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Any time watching Pat Stanton.

SKOL '91

Le God's postage stamp winner v Bairns in final day of Ist Div/old West Stand

Penalties win v Der Hun and GJP

Nov/Dec 2004 - we beat both Dundee teams (a) and ICT and Sheep at ER - we were on fire, and a joy to watch.

CIS 2007 .. Great display and SOL (wept like a baby)

Pars 2-3 Hibs - was like a cup final! Was so nervous then relieved we won. Support was excellent also.

PeeJay
30-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Seems strange to say now, but as a kid, going to ER with my mates and asking strangers if they would give us a lift over -

Beating Napoli 5-0 - Joe Baker's white-booted "Return" - winning the 72 League Cup - seeing Liverpool, Leeds, Juventus, Porto, Sporting Lisbon in competitive games at ER - with huge crowds ... the TTs -

- something went seriously wrong after I left the country in 1979 (:greengrin) ...

Teo10
30-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Griffiths' goal in the semi final.

The celebrations where I were sitting was unreal! Nearly in tears just after being caught up in it... ridiculous bruising a couple days after though!

Also the postage stamp winner by Le God in the 1st Division.

O'Connor's goal in the 10 men derby.

So many happy thoughts... if only the bad ones didnt outweigh them:rolleyes:

lord bunberry
30-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Archibald scoring at tynie after gordon rae had been sent off the celebrations in the away end were something we will never see again

PJ IronHIbee
30-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Having witnessed most of the above it brings back fantastic memories.

The play-offs with Airdrie stick out but for me but Jeebsie's winner at Tynie is one, if not the favourite memory of mine. Running on to the pitch to celebrate with wee Crunchie as the ball hit the net and his face trying to get me back off the park when the police started heading towards us. Priceless

Bill Milne
30-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Archibald scoring at tynie after gordon rae had been sent off the celebrations in the away end were something we will never see again

Couldn't agree more with this one!! I was right in line with the ball as it passed the goalie and knew it was a goal from some yards out. Magic!!

Skanko79
30-08-2012, 08:45 AM
6-2 game at easter road easily top for me.

both 3-0's at ibrox.

skol cup 91 also the semi against rangers.

Frazerbob
30-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Most of the above and I'll throw in the the 1985 Skol Cup semi final 2nd leg at Ibrox. Despite losing the match 1-0, it was enough to go through 2-1 on aggregate. We had the entire Broomloan stand which was empty at kick off due to congestion on the M8 but by half time was rammed and bouncing! My first visit to Ibrox and never bettered, including the 3-0's.

Frazerbob
30-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Results and best moments are completely different!

SOL @ ER before Extra Time started v AEK, if that feeling is bettered, then I want to be there!

Keep changing my mind about which game, but, at the moment Souness' first game for that Rangers mob will do!

Best moment was probably with a girl from Kiev on a stop off on the way to Dnipro, unfortunately, it pretty much was just a moment!

Some great memories from European trips, not many from the games unfortunately. Also a few bad memories. Being in Greece when 9/11 happened will live long with everyone who was there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Some great memories from European trips, not many from the games unfortunately. Also a few bad memories. Being in Greece when 9/11 happened will live long with everyone who was there.

We were staying in Xante for a week and had flights booked to Athens on the day of the game. We never bothered using them, it was certainly a sobering experience watching events unfold on tv at the poolside bar in a stunned silence.

lobster
30-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Jim O'Rouke's sleeves rolled up and buzzing about the park. My all-time favourite player
Boozy's chip-pass over the head of a Rangers player in the 1-0 victory at Ibrox
Sunshine on Leith at Hampden after the LC final 2007
Magical.

Waxy
30-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Really is loads but for sheer ecstatic atmosphere it has to be Hibs 2 hearts 1 in 1987.
We hadn't beat them for a long time and I'm sure it would be a first time derby win for a lot of us.
Grown men were in tears.Amazing atmosphere.

Hibee Ryan
30-08-2012, 08:41 PM
AEK game at Easter Road

1-0 derby win in the league cup 2007

3-0 cup win at Ibrox

League cup win

Griffiths goal at semi

There will be a few more but they're the most memorable, it's amazing to think that some of the best feelings in your life are based around a game that shouldn't really affect us that much but has the greatest effect in the world.

:flag:

LioNeilMessi
30-08-2012, 08:52 PM
6-2! Pretty sure it was my first derby at 8 yeas old or so. Old man had to take me aside and tell me that it's not always this good, first lesson of being a Hibee/football fan! Also when Riordan scored the screamer in the 1-1 2004? He became my hero then and for Months after I used to shoot at football training shouting 'Reerdon!" untill I found how to pronounce his name :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
30-08-2012, 08:56 PM
The Archie goal for me as well.

I've posted before about this - my mate had literally just said 'one more goal and I'll be in ecstasy' when he went through.

I've never known a goal celebration like it

Total carnage :greengrin

I'll never forget it

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2012, 09:06 PM
The fraction of a second when we all thought that Luna had to score to put us 3 up in the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed at ER. Seriously though, Videoton away would be hard to match.

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Watching Hibs compete regularly in Europe like Hearts did tonight. Now we can`t even get past a 2nd Div side in a 1st round League Cup tie.

Glory Lurker
30-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Kevin Harper's in the 2-1 win against the yams in April 1998, me and my mates ended up in a drunken pile on the floor of the East. Bruises, grazes and sheer jubilation. Class.

John O'Neill in the last minute at the PBS, preserving Sauzee's unbeaten run against them - gutted yam fans yelling at us from the asbestos stand as we left the Roseburn end.

The PBS empty before full time at the Millennium game.

Hanging off the fence at the East, trying to get Franck and Mixu to come over when they were doing their jig at the 6-2.

Hibs coming on to the field at the SCF in 2001, my first Scottish Cup final. The magic obviously didn't continue, but that was an immense moment.

Aye, it's not all been bad :flag:

trev the hat
30-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Couldn't agree more with this one!! I was right in line with the ball as it passed the goalie and knew it was a goal from some yards out. Magic!!

That goal & game is & always will be no 1 for me. Directly behind the goal watching it curl in the net & terracing celebrations to end them all. Loved Archie, 3-0 up against the smellies at h/t @ ER again he was sheer class.

Nameless
31-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Favorite memory......I have 2.

The first, and best, was the night we beat Hearts 2-1 at Tynecastle. Si Brown let in one of the softest goals you will ever see, but the momemt I remember is when Kontes header came back off the bar, and wee Deano slamed in the rebound to make it 2-1. The Hibs end exploded, and we must have done the bounce for a full 15 minutes.

The second was that same season, away to Dundee Utd on boxing day. I think we took about 5000 up there, and the atmosphere was brilliant. We won 4-1, and Alen Orman had a stormer playing the free role:wink:

Billy McKirdy
31-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Too many to choose from but in my formative years I met George Best and his lovely wife Angie in Piershill at the opening of Tom Farmers Euro Exhaust Centre, opposite Piershill Square East (now sadly burnt down and demolished), I got both their autographs which were soon pinched by so-called friends...I also had a rather amusing exchange of mimed expressions with my work colleague Benny Brazil last night when I was driving my number 19 and he was on his number 1 in York Place :greengrin

confused
31-08-2012, 05:36 AM
It's got to be any saturday when my dad used to say " i think we will go tae the fitba son" YES !!YES!! YES! then sitting on his shoulders up on the second terracing crying with excitement when they read the team changes out, early 50's.
Thanks Dad, the best thing you ever done for me.

ruthven_raiders
31-08-2012, 05:51 AM
It's got to be any saturday when my dad used to say " i think we will go tae the fitba son" YES !!YES!! YES! then sitting on his shoulders up on the second terracing crying with excitement when they read the team changes out, early 50's.
Thanks Dad, the best thing you ever done for me.

Same here my dad lifting me over the turnstyles, game against hearts 3-0 inside half an hour 35000 at the game. Game against hadjuk split winning 4-2, juventus got beat 4-1 great atmosphere. Oh for those days back!

jdships
31-08-2012, 07:20 AM
There have been many wonderful memories over the last 70 years ( Unfortunately many forgettable ones too :greengrin )
' After due cionsideration' and a chat with other 'Old Farts' I/we go for

Beating Napoli 5-0
:flag:

wearethehibs
31-08-2012, 07:45 AM
1 of my fav nights was the 1-0 Deek penalty win at tynie. No-one gave us a chance that night as we had to play almost a reserve team. The 1000 or so Hibees there made a hell of a noise for the full 90minutes.

GGTTH