PDA

View Full Version : Pub before Celtic game

Hibs3-2
29-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Which pub are fellow hibees going to pre match?

Pretty Boy
29-08-2012, 03:45 PM
The best bit advice I can give is stay as far away from.the area around Celtic Park as long as you can. It's like Baghdad on a bad day.

Best bet is city centre then get a taxi or bus to the ground.

lyonhibs
29-08-2012, 03:46 PM
If you're heading to Porkheid, it's not booze you want, but crack cocaine. Being drunk ain't enough to make that *****heap fun.

A turn around of Herculean proportions will be required from last night to avoid an absolute rodgering as well.

DH1875
29-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Head for the merchant city area. Loads of boozers and only 15 min walk to the stadium.

Hermit Crab
29-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Springfield vaults lounge bar and grill on the London rd is where we will be.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 04:02 PM

I hope thats a wind up Mr Rooney! I was in there before a Scotland game and asked what other games they were showing. "We cannae show any games big man, somebody stole the SKY dish off the wall!"
Remember being in before a Hibs game when they had a collection for "the cause", no thanks mate didnae go down well with the natives!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Drouthys on Queen Street is a decent boozer, then jump in a taxi to the ground.

3pm
29-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Head for the merchant city area. Loads of boozers and only 15 min walk to the stadium.

15 mins my arse!!!

nonshinyfinish
29-08-2012, 05:02 PM
15 mins my arse!!!

Agreed, Parkhead must be at least 2 miles from the Merchant City.

Taxis in Glasgow are cheap, if there's a few of you then it will cost next to nothing to get a cab from town.

Halifaxhibby
29-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I'll be in the louden bar, with my berwick rangers top on!!!!!

:greengrin

DH1875
29-08-2012, 05:33 PM
15 mins my arse!!!

OK so 15 mins might be pushing it but easily done in 20-25 minutes along London Rd.

Hermit Crab
29-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I hope thats a wind up Mr Rooney! I was in there before a Scotland game and asked what other games they were showing. "We cannae show any games big man, somebody stole the SKY dish off the wall!"
Remember being in before a Hibs game when they had a collection for "the cause", no thanks mate didnae go down well with the natives!

Straight up mate that's where most of our bus goes before the game. Never had any hassle.

.Sean.
29-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Few of us taking the train through, staying central for a bevvy though. I'll spend as little time as possible in the Parkhead area, they'd steal your trainers if you stood on the spot there.

Absolute *****hole, makes Tranent seem like Hollywood.

(Apols to the Belters that frequent the forum :wink:)

Waxy
29-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Which pub are fellow hibees going to pre match?Go if you must.But you wont pass the clashing rocks.

Chuck Rhoades
29-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Seems like we have good numbers going through. Bevvying in Edinburgh first then a few on the train to Bridgeton

.Sean.
29-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Restricted View is all there is left.

Argylehibby
29-08-2012, 09:08 PM

:agree: only had minor hassle once when we disagreed with some taff saying they were the biggest club in the world. Other than that never had any bother and one of the best boozers for getting served.

darwenhibby
29-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Which pub are fellow hibees going to pre match?
Hopefully o e the paddys bars in salou. C' mon the cabbage!!

Hibs3-2
29-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Might give that a try since only place mentioned.

Yeah i was down in dumfries on Tuesday and it was horrid. Going on Saturday on hope more than expectation

fatbloke
29-08-2012, 11:46 PM

You'll have had yer jags then?:greengrin

Hermit Crab
30-08-2012, 06:29 AM
You'll have had yer jags then?:greengrin

After years of going there you just become immune anyway ;)

Bill Milne
30-08-2012, 07:48 AM

Nonetheless, no problem getting in and great service. Never have to wait any length of time to be served. The Tims in the bar are, mainly, English or Irish, so no problem there although they do seem to have a problem with "knowing their history" as many appear to believe Celtic were founded before Hibs, no matter what the badges on our respective shirts say!!

neilmartinrocks
31-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Bairds or the ane ower the road Bar 67 in ra Gallowgate.
Was taken there when i went through with my brothers and their mates.
TO BE AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
(my brothers are tims):embarrass

green&left
31-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Folk need to man the f*** up. I've bevvied on the Gallowgate, on London Road, even had one in the hun shops at Bridgeton and never had any issues.

Boy at the ticket office today said we have under 100 left...

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd suggest Baird's in the Gallowgate. A Celtic shrine but I've always been made welcome there. The locals are relatively friendly, although some would be nice, and several have obviously practiced amateur plastic surgery on themselves and each other.

CorrieHibs
31-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know if you still buy tickets tomorrow?

CorrieHibs
31-08-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd suggest Baird's in the Gallowgate. A Celtic shrine but I've always been made welcome there. The locals are relatively friendly, although some would be nice, and several have obviously practiced amateur plastic surgery on themselves and each other.

Haha bairds bar is quality. Good banter with the celtic fans. Most don't mind us. A few scary faces though.

Hibernia Na Eir
31-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Very interesting bar. Once met Bertie Auld WORKING behind the bar in Bairds. Not many other bars worth visiting down G'gate though. One or two rather dodgy, to say the least. None as bad as G@rgie though.

.Sean.
31-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd rather pull my teeth out with rusty pliers than drink with 'Tic fans in Glasgow.

Hibernia Na Eir
31-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd rather pull my teeth out with rusty pliers than drink with 'Tic fans in Glasgow.

reminds me of a similar story from a wester hailes gent who, I'm pretty sure, did the same to his own gob and died!

I'm_cabbaged
01-09-2012, 06:55 AM
reminds me of a similar story from a wester hailes gent who, I'm pretty sure, did the same to his own gob and died!

I grew up with Colin in Oxgangs, tragic story.