PDA

View Full Version : Palsson

Mark79
29-08-2012, 03:17 PM
See victor didnt last too long in NYC. has signed for nec niimjen ( sp)

wearethehibs
29-08-2012, 03:24 PM
On loan to get some extra experience. Good luck to him.

Winston Ingram
29-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Started off really well with us. Hope it all works out for us:agree:

darwenhibby
29-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Started off really well with us. Hope it all works out for us:agree:

Not got the right mentality I am afraid.

JennaFletcher
29-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Was anyone else really jealous when he signed for NY RB?!

LeighLoyal
29-08-2012, 09:59 PM

He's not a designated player, therefore he'd be on $500 a week plus a crate of bud.

muzzhfc
29-08-2012, 11:03 PM

He's not a designated player, therefore he'd be on $500 a week plus a crate of bud.

id take that

jamieross
30-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Basic salary $80,000 a year. Would do me fine. Plus the chance to play along side the calibre of Thierry Henry regardless of his age.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/August%201,%202012%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

Pete
30-08-2012, 02:38 AM
id take that

:thumbsup:

jae
30-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Poor Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller only on 1.25 million dollars each. :rolleyes:

Billy McKirdy
30-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Yet another...'cculd have been'.
IMHO Victor Palsson was one of those much heralded talents who, in a team with better quality COULD have fulfilled his potential :confused:, nothing much has changed as far as I can see....Tuesday nights horror show shows this teams lack of depth and quality, players like Palsson and all who come after him, would have succeeded, IF there was sufficient quality beside them :agree:, I always rated him as a player and understood WHY he failed to shine, CC is to blame mostly for his demise as a Hibs hero AFAIC. Good luck VP wherever you you go :thumbsup:

VickMackie
30-08-2012, 11:20 AM
My memory of Palsson was a slide tackle against St Mirren (IIRC) in his first game and a half decent run/dribble out of our own half and into the opposition half (Dundee Utd I think) and that's about it.

NatureBoy
30-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Palsson had all the potential in the world but his attitude was all wrong,could be yet another waste of talent. Players just need to look at someone like Steven Fletcher as an example of how far you can get with the correct work ethic.
Cheers for the slide tackle though Victor and good luck.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2012, 11:47 AM
The League cup tie defeat to Celtic at ER is my abiding memory of Palsson. He was simply awful in that 2nd half. He strolled about the park as though he didn't have a care in the world.

Shame that he didnt make more of it at Hibs, had potential but his attitude was stinking. Another one I'm glad is far, far away from ER.

lyonhibs
30-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Basic salary $80,000 a year. Would do me fine. Plus the chance to play along side the calibre of Thierry Henry regardless of his age.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/August%201,%202012%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

Anyone know why for some players there's a difference between basic wage and guaranteed compensation, whilst for others there isn't? Do players have to declare their earnings from off-field endorsements and such-like to the league in America??

KeithTheHibby
30-08-2012, 12:05 PM

Wish links like that existed for SPL players, would end a lot or arguments!

Jim44
30-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Wish links like that existed for SPL players, would end a lot or arguments!

Why are these yankee clubs paying these wages for mediocre foreign players when their own homegrown players are every bit as good?

Pretty Boy
30-08-2012, 12:41 PM
The League cup tie defeat to Celtic at ER is my abiding memory of Palsson. He was simply awful in that 2nd half. He strolled about the park as though he didn't have a care in the world.

Shame that he didnt make more of it at Hibs, had potential but his attitude was stinking. Another one I'm glad is far, far away from ER.

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Always liked the idea of Palsson, one of the best named Hibs players ever. I would buy a Victor Palsson shirt.

However, if he can't find a nightclub bar to urinate up against in New York, the man clearly has no future in the game.

Kato
30-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Yet another...'cculd have been'.
IMHO Victor Palsson was one of those much heralded talents who, in a team with better quality COULD have fulfilled his potential :confused:, nothing much has changed as far as I can see....Tuesday nights horror show shows this teams lack of depth and quality, players like Palsson and all who come after him, would have succeeded, IF there was sufficient quality beside them :agree:, I always rated him as a player and understood WHY he failed to shine, CC is to blame mostly for his demise as a Hibs hero AFAIC. Good luck VP wherever you you go :thumbsup:

The person to blame for Victor Palsson's poor showing at Easter Road is Victor Palsson. Played about a game and half then decided he couldn't be bothered, especially if big bad men were going to actually tackle him and take the ball away.

Among the various aspects required to be good at football is attitude and application, therefore Palsson just wasn't good enough of a player for Hibs regardless of who was playing beside him.

jamieross
30-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Anyone know why for some players there's a difference between basic wage and guaranteed compensation, whilst for others there isn't? Do players have to declare their earnings from off-field endorsements and such-like to the league in America??

Could be differences with win bonuses, endorsements etc

NYHibby
30-08-2012, 05:46 PM

This may have changed since I last worked in American soccer, but the biggest thing that makes up the difference is signing bonuses annualized over the length of the contract.

I also think these numbers are for the contract between the player and MLS and excludes any side deals between the player and the club for things like marketing.

Could be differences with win bonuses, endorsements etc
Win and performance bonuses are not guaranteed compensation so they are not included.