PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hamish McAlpine

micka_weer
29-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Just heard the old Dundee Hibernians 'keeper has had a heart attack. Always thought he was a brilliant player, hoping he pulls through

IFONLY
29-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Just heard the old Dundee Hibernians 'keeper has had a heart attack. Always thought he was a brilliant player, hoping he pulls through

He was just on T.V the other week, in the studio for the Dundee derby.

Gala Foxes
29-08-2012, 04:23 PM
remember him scoring a penalty for United in Jackie McNamara's debut game, Utd won 2-1 at Easter Road

Gettin' Auld
29-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Looks like he's doing fine................

The 64-year-old, who clocked up almost 700 appearances in a 17-year career at Tannadice, was rushed to Ninewells on Sunday after taking ill while trimming a hedge at his Newtyle home.
McAlpine, who also enjoyed spells at Raith Rovers, Montrose and Arbroath, took ill just a week after he appeared looking fit and well on television as a pundit during the Dundee derby.
Having been swiftly treated for his blocked artery, the former goalkeeper is hoping to make a full recovery.
''I'm not in a bit of pain and I just need to take tablets now, he said. ''It was just a wee blockage but they got it quick enough so it didn't do any lasting damage.
''I'm on the mend and I'll hopefully be back on my feet in the next day or so.''
A history of heart trouble runs in the McAlpine family, with Hamish having lost his father suddenly to a heart attack.
He thanked supporters on both sides of the Dundee divide and from clubs across the country for the messages of support he has received, saying: ''I thought it was just indigestion but it went on for 10 minutes and I knew it was something worse.
''I headed up to Ninewells straight away and they said I'd had a heart attack. I'd like to thank fans for their concern but I'm in the best place and the way these guys go about their jobs is just incredible.''

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Dundee/article/24634/hamish-mcalpine-thanks-football-fans-for-support-after-heart-attack-scare.html

micka_weer
29-08-2012, 04:48 PM
That's great, thanks for posting that :-) a cracking keeper and a colourful character.

Gettin' Auld
29-08-2012, 04:54 PM
That's great, thanks for posting that :-) a cracking keeper and a colourful character.

:aok:

PatHead
29-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Agree entirely. Nice guy. Used to take my brothers (allArabs) to see them when they won the league. (I had a car). A Dundee Utd legend.
Remember him saving penalty v Man Utd at Old Trafford

Glory Lurker
29-08-2012, 07:18 PM
He was a great keeper. I've got in my head that he didn't wear gloves, but maybe that's rubbish? Mind him saving last minute penalty from Iain Redford in 1981 Scottish Cup Final - totally gutted the oldco mate I was watching it with.

PatHead
29-08-2012, 07:26 PM
He was a great keeper. I've got in my head that he didn't wear gloves, but maybe that's rubbish? Mind him saving last minute penalty from Iain Redford in 1981 Scottish Cup Final - totally gutted the oldco mate I was watching it with.

I'm with you on the gloves. Sure he used to rub mud under his eyes to deflect floodlights!

micka_weer
29-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Started to wear gloves later on in his career I'm sure he's my brother's hero (an utd fan) really enjoyed their euro cup (winner's cup?) run. Their game against barca in particular was brilliant.

PatHead
29-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Started to wear gloves later on in his career I'm sure he's my brother's hero (an utd fan) really enjoyed their euro cup (winner's cup?) run. Their game against barca in particular was brilliant.

It was Uefa Cup. Beat Barca home and away, imagine a Scottish club doing that now!

micka_weer
29-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Kevin gallagher's goal was an amazing 'cross come shot' did big John Daly (?) not score against them as well?

HarpyHibby
29-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Kevin gallagher's goal was an amazing 'cross come shot' did big John Daly (?) not score against them as well?

If youre talking about Utd v Barca, I think you may mean John Clark?

micka_weer
30-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Ah! That's right :-) he was a big bruiser of a boy