PDA

View Full Version : ICT loan link with Arsenal

theonlywayisup
29-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Anyone think that we should be trying a similar link to an English club? If so, which?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19414280

Inverness reveal loan link with Arsenal
Inverness hope to complete a loan deal for Arsenal youth striker Philip Roberts before Friday. The 18-year-old is poised for a move to the Caledonian Stadium until January and could be the first of many young Gunners heading for the Highlands. "Arsenal have agreed to let Philip sign for us until the next transfer window," said manager Terry Butcher. "This is the beginning of a partnership that will help Arsenal's younger players gain first team experience." Roberts joined Arsenal from Norwich City and was top scorer for the London club's Under-18's last season.

"Philip has had a look at our set-up, met the lads, and has agreed to join us. He showed good promise when training with us," Butcher added

jacomo
29-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm annoyed that we don't do something like this. Surely our much vaunted training facilities would help to persuade a Premiership club to loan us their little darlings?

Oh, and Arsenal would have been perfect.

hibeeleicester
29-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm annoyed that we don't do something like this. Surely our much vaunted training facilities would help to persuade a Premiership club to loan us their little darlings?

Its a good idea, yes. But i'd much rather concentrate on our own youngsters rather than some Arsenal big shot coming up her, scoring loads of goals and buggering off in January.

Gettin' Auld
29-08-2012, 02:56 PM
We had a deal with Chelsea a few years ago.

Hibercelona
29-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Its a good idea, yes. But i'd much rather concentrate on our own youngsters rather than some Arsenal big shot coming up her, scoring loads of goals and buggering off in January.

I'd rather we loaned out a big shot that scores loads of goals, who we can simply replace with another big shot loanee after the loan period for that player runs out. :cb

Seems to work for other clubs.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2012, 02:57 PM

Aye, they gave us Makalamby

Hibercelona
29-08-2012, 02:58 PM

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
29-08-2012, 03:53 PM
We have never had a deal with Chelsea.
We should remain independent and concentrate on producing our own youngsters.
This deal just says to talented kids in the highlands that Inverness can't be bothered to develop your skills as we can get some near ready youngsters from arsenal. Terrible for the development of the national team.
If Hibs become a subsidiary club for an English club then why bother supporting Hibs when you can just support the big team.

Beefster
29-08-2012, 03:54 PM

That would be awful.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-08-2012, 04:04 PM

i might just be thick, but i am struggling to find the down side to having someone scoring loads of goals for us between now and January??

HibsNutter
29-08-2012, 04:10 PM
IIRC we apparently tried to set something like this up with chelsea to sign Steven Watt, a young right back but Mowbray wouldn't allow it.

johnbc70
29-08-2012, 04:10 PM
You get the best possible players you can, if that means some youngsters from the EPL then I am happy with that. If our youngsters were good enough for the first team then they would be in it. Would be delighted to get someone on loan who scores goals and then leaves us to move on, goals win games.

.Sean.
29-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I remember there was alot of talk over some sort of link-up with Chelsea around 2005.

lord bunberry
29-08-2012, 04:58 PM
I've heard of these sort of links between two clubs before but i can't recall it ever happening if you were arsenal were would you send your young players? Surely there are teams in the english lower leagues that would be more suitable than ict

The_Todd
29-08-2012, 07:47 PM
big shot coming up her, scoring loads of goals and buggering off in January.

I thought this was a family forum...

Liam89
29-08-2012, 10:28 PM

hahahaha! :top marks

Leishy1995
30-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm sure this is actually banned in Britain and Germany.. Well it was.

Pete
30-08-2012, 01:02 AM
I don't like the idea of us becoming some sort of gro-bag for a premiership team.

The players might be technically sound but they know who really employs them and will they put it on the line for Hibs when the going gets tough? Our policy of signing "quality" loanees saved us from the drop last season but I think it came to a head on cup final day. There were enough players in the dressing room who didn't really care and it had an effect.

I remember Norwich city signed lots of excellent players on loan when they got relegated to the championship. They had one of the best teams on paper in the league but they got relegated to the third tier without a whimper.

There are exceptions but it's a bad idea in my opinion and we should be looking to source our own youngsters who's only qualification should be a footballing brain, then we should be turning them into fit footballers who are peak physical specimens and are comfortable on the ball.

...and how on earth will a youngster who is supposedly being primed to play the Arsenal way benefit from playing for ICT? Confusing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 01:12 AM

Thats funny!

Nevi1875
30-08-2012, 08:23 AM

Hahaha fantastic

Jim44
30-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Aye, they gave us Makalamby

I bet they paid us to take him off their hands. :) I don't think that arrangement with Chelsea produced any benefits to us.

VickMackie
30-08-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't like the idea of us becoming some sort of gro-bag for a premiership team.

The players might be technically sound but they know who really employs them and will they put it on the line for Hibs when the going gets tough? Our policy of signing "quality" loanees saved us from the drop last season but I think it came to a head on cup final day. There were enough players in the dressing room who didn't really care and it had an effect.

I remember Norwich city signed lots of excellent players on loan when they got relegated to the championship. They had one of the best teams on paper in the league but they got relegated to the third tier without a whimper.

There are exceptions but it's a bad idea in my opinion and we should be looking to source our own youngsters who's only qualification should be a footballing brain, then we should be turning them into fit footballers who are peak physical specimens and are comfortable on the ball.

...and how on earth will a youngster who is supposedly being primed to play the Arsenal way benefit from playing for ICT? Confusing.

I'm sure young players can benefit.

They'll get first team experience and they'll also get to see the other side of football away from the glamour and fantastic facilities at arsenal which will drive them on to make it.

You could say the same about SPL teams loaning to division 3.

The one thing I think is stupid is these 1 month loans for youngsters.

lapsedhibee
30-08-2012, 09:44 AM

Didn't Yogi "John" Hughes often mention Arsenal, links with Arsenal, contacts within Arsenal, something like that? I might have just imagined that, or he might have been talking pis* (it happened).

Ross4356
30-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Brilliant :greengrin

lord bunberry
30-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Didn't Yogi "John" Hughes often mention Arsenal, links with Arsenal, contacts within Arsenal, something like that? I might have just imagined that, or he might have been talking pis* (it happened).

Maybe he did it was hard to tell what he was on about most of the time