PDA

View Full Version : Out of contract players

Kevin@green
29-08-2012, 08:17 AM
With the transfer window shutting shortly would you take any of the players out of contract below, i would love to see us bring in someone to get the fans back through the turnstiles !

I know pay is an issue however would they rather be playing or going out of the game altogether

Selected out of contract players
Age Pos Ex-club
Adriano Basso
GK
Hull
James Beattie
Fwd
Sheffield Utd
Roman Bednar
Fwd
Blackpool
Lee Bowyer
Mid
Ipswich
Papa Bouba Diop
Mid
West Ham
Akos Buzsaky
Mid
QPR
Mikael Forsell
Fwd
Leeds
Owen Hargreaves
Mid
Man City
Emile Heskey
Fwd
Aston Villa
Justin Hoyte
Def
Middlesbrough
Michael Owen
Fwd
Man Utd
Nigel Reo-Coker
Mid
Bolton
Paul Scharner
Mid
West Brom
Darius Vassell
Fwd
Leicester
Source: PFA

Hibee Ryan
29-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Out of those players, the 3 I'd take would be Paul Scharner, Nigel Reo-Coker and Akos Buszaky. Our midfield would be the best/second best in the SPL with those 3 in it :agree:

number9dream
29-08-2012, 09:35 AM
We couldn't even afford the petrol money for Reo-Coker's Bentley!
Scharner is a big classical music fan, maybe we could offer him a season ticket at the Usher Hall.

Sir David Gray
29-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Out of those players, the 3 I'd take would be Paul Scharner, Nigel Reo-Coker and Akos Buszaky. Our midfield would be the best/second best in the SPL with those 3 in it :agree:

Paul Scharner's just signed a contract with Hamburg so I wouldn't have thought there would be much chance of him coming to us any time soon.

Hibee Ryan
29-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Paul Scharner's just signed a contract with Hamburg so I wouldn't have thought there would be much chance of him coming to us any time soon.

My bad, I thought it was just the 3 you'd most like to see not realistically. None of them would be willing to come to Hibs in that list really

Kaff
29-08-2012, 11:25 AM
With the transfer window shutting shortly would you take any of the players out of contract below, i would love to see us bring in someone to get the fans back through the turnstiles !

I know pay is an issue however would they rather be playing or going out of the game altogether

Age Pos Ex-club
Adriano Basso
GK
Hull
James Beattie
Fwd
Sheffield Utd
Roman Bednar
Fwd
Blackpool
Lee Bowyer
Mid
Ipswich
Papa Bouba Diop
Mid
West Ham
Akos Buzsaky
Mid
QPR
Mikael Forsell
Fwd
Leeds
Owen Hargreaves
Mid
Man City
Emile Heskey
Fwd
Aston Villa
Justin Hoyte
Def
Middlesbrough
Michael Owen
Fwd
Man Utd
Nigel Reo-Coker
Mid
Bolton
Paul Scharner
Mid
West Brom
Darius Vassell
Fwd
Leicester

I assume because they are out of contract the window doesnt apply to them?
Sevco won't be able to sign them though:greengrin

NatureBoy
29-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Age Pos Ex-club
Adriano Basso
GK
Hull
James Beattie
Fwd
Sheffield Utd
Roman Bednar
Fwd
Blackpool
Lee Bowyer
Mid
Ipswich
Papa Bouba Diop
Mid
West Ham
Akos Buzsaky
Mid
QPR
Mikael Forsell
Fwd
Leeds
Owen Hargreaves
Mid
Man City
Emile Heskey
Fwd
Aston Villa
Justin Hoyte
Def
Middlesbrough
Michael Owen
Fwd
Man Utd
Nigel Reo-Coker
Mid
Bolton
Paul Scharner
Mid
West Brom
Darius Vassell
Fwd
Leicester

Would love to see any of the above at ER unfortunately it will more likely be out out contract league 2 players we are looking at.

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Would love to see any of the above at ER unfortunately it will more likely be out out contract league 2 players we are looking at.

Thats right, although where will QOS be looking for their new signings, the north west counties sunday morning league?

NatureBoy
29-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Thats right, although where will QOS be looking for their new signings, the north west counties sunday morning league?

You can't knock the Sunday league standard, seem to be more than a match for Hibs! I do think certain players in our current squad would struggle to make it on the bench for QOS, which is a tad concerning. That said losing to a team that's part time is nothing short of horrendous.

Jones28
29-08-2012, 02:39 PM
No chance will any of those players consider an SPL club other than Celtic.

Having said that I wouldn't have said no to any of them