PDA

View Full Version : To the board

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2012, 10:27 PM
They say the board read this forum.

Well

Dear Board Members.

If you think that following last years disaster that what happened in Dumfries tonight was in any way acceptable then you must be living in a bloody bubble.

To once again subject the supporters of this club to 'yet another' cup humiliation is just ****ing well unbelievable. Bad enough that the supporters of our biggest rivals were handed the bragging rights in Edinburgh for decades to come in the most degrading and embarrassing manner possible, without ( less than 3 months later ) handing them another chance to take the P1sss out of us on a plate.

To get to the stage where we are a threat to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts and even hopefully Celtic, will take time and setbacks can be anticipated and even accepted along the way .......... against these clubs.

2 - 0 defeats to part time clubs in the first round of one of the two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning are not acceptable. Not any more !!!

Please, please dont trot out the usual pathetic platitudes and patronising drivel about sharing the fans pain etc etc etc.

Just get a bloody grip.

calumhibee1
28-08-2012, 10:28 PM
QOTS are full time

Iain G
28-08-2012, 11:02 PM

Well

Dear Board Members.

If you think that following last years disaster that what happened in Dumfries tonight was in any way acceptable then you must be living in a bloody bubble.

To once again subject the supporters of this club to 'yet another' cup humiliation is just ****ing well unbelievable. Bad enough that the supporters of our biggest rivals were handed the bragging rights in Edinburgh for decades to come in the most degrading and embarrassing manner possible, without ( less than 3 months later ) handing them another chance to take the P1sss out of us on a plate.

To get to the stage where we are a threat to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts and even hopefully Celtic, will take time and setbacks can be anticipated and even accepted along the way .......... against these clubs.

2 - 0 defeats to part time clubs in the first round of one of the two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning are not acceptable. Not any more !!!

Please, please dont trot out the usual pathetic platitudes and patronising drivel about sharing the fans pain etc etc etc.

Just get a bloody grip.

The team we put out tonight should have been more than adequate to win that game, that they didn't is the fault of manager and players...

jacomo
28-08-2012, 11:05 PM
If the Board do read Hibs.net, I bet their hearts leapt with joy when this thread appeared.

:greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
28-08-2012, 11:13 PM
To the board - it's your fault. All of it

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2012, 12:05 AM
We are like a rudderless boat, absolutely no direction....Sad times

aazza91
29-08-2012, 12:11 AM

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.

A bit OTT i think. Yes it was a humiliating result but things were looking promising this season, we've had 3 decent results, won 2 league games back to back, every team has a bad night or a bad cup result now and again. Even Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool have all had bad results, even Real Madrid got pumped by a 3rd division team i'm sure a few weeks ago.

I still feel confident for the rest of the season and at the moment the league is the most important thing to Hibs

LancashireHibby
29-08-2012, 12:24 AM
QOTS are full time
We'd better get hold of their training routine and quickly as they were better than us in every department tonight. Can't help thinking the entire Hibs team pull a sickie whenever they should be practicing passing the ball to each other in training.

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2012, 09:14 AM
A bit OTT i think. Yes it was a humiliating result but things were looking promising this season, we've had 3 decent results, won 2 league games back to back, every team has a bad night or a bad cup result now and again. Even Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool have all had bad results, even Real Madrid got pumped by a 3rd division team i'm sure a few weeks ago.

I still feel confident for the rest of the season and at the moment the league is the most important thing to Hibs

Up until last season I would have agreed with you and probably even posted something not unlike this following a result like last night's.

But not any more. I for one am fed up trying to rationalise or find excuses for Hibs failures on the park. If you look again at my post you will see that I didnt expect us to be beating the likes of Dundee Utd or Celtic I am not asking for the Earth.

The clubs you have quoted above have bad cup results mostly because they dont really care about certainly the League Cup and probably until the QF stages the F.A. cup, Spanish Cup or Scottish Cup. They have bigger fish to fry and so do their supporters. Have a look at the records of those clubs overall in the last 20 years ..... It makes it a lot easier to take and even brush off a bad cup result.

Hibs do not have that luxury. A result like this would have been unacceptable at any time in Hibs history ... to have it handed to us on the back of last season is something that we as Hibs supporters should be taking the club to task for. I do not want Pat Fenlon sacked or anything like that ... but he has to be asked by the board and us too, why he thought it was acceptable ( injuries notwithstanding ) to endanger what has been a decent start to the season, not to mention a potentially valuable income source and a chance of on field success, by fielding anything other than his strongest possible team in this fixture.

There is a thing that most businesses dealing with the public recognise, its called 'managing customer expectations' Most Hibs supporters accept that the chances of going to Glasgow at the weekend and getting a result are slim at best. Most Hibs supporters expect this football club to be able to go to Queen of the South ( good luck to them ) and come away still in one of the two competitions we have any chance of winning.

In that context ... which of those two fixtures should the people running Hibs have been looking on as the more important. The one we have little chance of winning, even with our strongest team, or the one that could have been used to take the club forward on and off the park and the one we had the best chance of getting a result in.

How can we hope to continue to improve when we continue to make the same mistakes on and off the park?

bawheid
29-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Bovril - your attitude is spot on.

For too long a lot of Hibs fans - myself included - would look to find excuses for performances and results like that.

"Oh, lay off them...they've had a good start to the season..."
"Results like that can happen to anyone..."
"It's more important to win SPL matches..."
"We're rebuilding...have some patience..."

Reports on recent focus group meetings with board members all come back with the same thing - the cup final result hurt us just as much as the fans. It won't happen again. Blah, blah, blah....

Well Hibs....IT HAPPENED AGAIN LAST NIGHT. We have become a soft touch off the park. Fan pressure needs to be applied to Hibs so that Hibs apply it to their managers and players.

I hope Pat Fenlon has been dragged into an office this morning to explain himself. I hope that he has then gone out on the training pitch and kicked the utter **** out of the players.

Results and perfomances like last night....unacceptable. END OF.

TornadoHibby
29-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Up until last season I would have agreed with you and probably even posted something not unlike this following a result like last night's.

But not any more. I for one am fed up trying to rationalise or find excuses for Hibs failures on the park. If you look again at my post you will see that I didnt expect us to be beating the likes of Dundee Utd or Celtic I am not asking for the Earth.

The clubs you have quoted above have bad cup results mostly because they dont really care about certainly the League Cup and probably until the QF stages the F.A. cup, Spanish Cup or Scottish Cup. They have bigger fish to fry and so do their supporters. Have a look at the records of those clubs overall in the last 20 years ..... It makes it a lot easier to take and even brush off a bad cup result.

Hibs do not have that luxury. A result like this would have been unacceptable at any time in Hibs history ... to have it handed to us on the back of last season is something that we as Hibs supporters should be taking the club to task for. I do not want Pat Fenlon sacked or anything like that ... but he has to be asked by the board and us too, why he thought it was acceptable ( injuries notwithstanding ) to endanger what has been a decent start to the season, not to mention a potentially valuable income source and a chance of on field success, by fielding anything other than his strongest possible team in this fixture.

There is a thing that most businesses dealing with the public recognise, its called 'managing customer expectations' Most Hibs supporters accept that the chances of going to Glasgow at the weekend and getting a result are slim at best. Most Hibs supporters expect this football club to be able to go to Queen of the South ( good luck to them ) and come away still in one of the two competitions we have any chance of winning.

In that context ... which of those two fixtures should the people running Hibs have been looking on as the more important. The one we have little chance of winning, even with our strongest team, or the one that could have been used to take the club forward on and off the park and the one we had the best chance of getting a result in.

How can we hope to continue to improve when we continue to make the same mistakes on and off the park?

:top marks

Can't argue with much of that if any at all?!

Bad Martini
29-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.

For too long a lot of Hibs fans - myself included - would look to find excuses for performances and results like that.

Reports on recent focus group meetings with board members all come back with the same thing - the cup final result hurt us just as much as the fans. It won't happen again. Blah, blah, blah....

Well Hibs....IT HAPPENED AGAIN LAST NIGHT. We have become a soft touch off the park. Fan pressure needs to be applied to Hibs so that Hibs apply it to their managers and players.

I hope Pat Fenlon has been dragged into an office this morning to explain himself. I hope that he has then gone out on the training pitch and kicked the utter **** out of the players.

Agreed 100% with the above.

Bottom line, its NOT ****ing good enough (or respectful or in line with our REAL ethos and what we're all about) to say "but it's Hibs" or failure is "expected". Yes, it happens but it shouldnt be for the want of trying or on the back of stupid decisions.

This one is very simple;
* Play your strongest players
* In their strongest position
* Every time, in every game, unless they are injured or physically unable

FFS, any Sunday pub team coach could tell you this.

:agree:

hibby67
29-08-2012, 11:40 AM

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.

QOTS are full time.

what i love about hibs.net is is someone will have a rant and rave about something (and rightly so) and in the next line your brought right back down to earth .........:wink:

Hibs7
29-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Well that result will have knocked about 1000 of the gate against Kilmarnock, unless by a miracle we get a result this weekend.

Dinkydoo
29-08-2012, 12:00 PM

This.

No more bloody excuses.

HFC07
29-08-2012, 12:06 PM
What is worrying is that Fenlon apparently rested one or two players which then rendered the team unable to beat Queen of the South. Surely alarm bell should be ringing in as much that we should have solid replacements should these people be injured.
I think if Mcpake gets injured we would end up leaking goals.

If Fenlon is serious about bringing in more signing he needs to ship out the driftwood.

ALF TUPPER
29-08-2012, 12:15 PM
What is worrying is that Fenlon apparently rested one or two players which then rendered the team unable to beat Queen of the South. Surely alarm bell should be ringing in as much that we should have solid replacements should these people be injured.

If Fenlon is serious about bringing in more signing he needs to ship out the driftwood.

:agree: Agree with all this post.

Its also a concern to me that after only a few weeks into the season we are resting anyone.

*****in ragin' :grr:

HFC07
29-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Its also a concern to me that after only a few weeks into the season we are resting anyone.

I know, these guys are supposed to be professional that shouldn't need rested 3 games into the season

TornadoHibby
29-08-2012, 12:43 PM

what i love about hibs.net is is someone will have a rant and rave about something (and rightly so) and in the next line your brought right back down to earth .........:wink:

That one's lost on me mate! Can you help me understand what it is that you are alluding to please? :confused:

PS Sorry for being so thick!

CropleyWasGod
29-08-2012, 12:47 PM
That one's lost on me mate! Can you help me understand what it is that you are alluding to please? :confused:

PS Sorry for being so thick!

The original rant was partly about us losing to a "part-time" team.

That rant was answered by "they are full time".

TornadoHibby
29-08-2012, 12:55 PM
The original rant was about us losing to a "part-time" team.

That rant was answered by "they are full time".

Thanks CWG, however part time or full time is actually irrelevant as they are currently in the Second (old money THIRD) Division whereas Hibs are in the SPL or top Division (old and new money)!

Hibs should not be losing to teams like that in Cup competitions when they are potentially fantastic income generators for the Club if round to round progression can be achieved particularly against current 2nd Division teams! :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Are you aware of the Captain's back issues???

That starting line up and bench, should have been more than enough to win last night......Unfortunately every single outfield player had a disaster......Its usually OK when one or two have an off day, but not the whole lot

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Are you aware of the Captain's back issues???

That starting line up and bench, should have been more than enough to win last night......Unfortunately every single outfield player had a disaster......Its usually OK when one or two have an off day, but not the whole lot

Which kind of laughs in the face of the quote, we will not be a soft touch anymore.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Which kind of laughs in the face of the quote, we will not be a soft touch anymore.

I like Cairney and Deegan in midfield, but both seemed to lose their dig last night.....I hope last night was merely a blip for all concerned, however to be beaten so comprehensively by a team two divisions below us, must make alarm bells ring....Suppose we wont know for sure how much the blip affects us until another few league games....Last night was woeful, and nobody can excuse that....

Hermit Crab
29-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I like Cairney and Deegan in midfield, but both seemed to lose their dig last night.....I hope last night was merely a blip for all concerned, however to be beaten so comprehensively by a team two divisions below us, must make alarm bells ring....Suppose we wont know for sure how much the blip affects us until another few league games....Last night was woeful, and nobody can excuse that....

I reckon the Celtic representatives that will have no doubt been in the crowd watching us will not be the slightest bit concerned about Deegan and co when we head through on Saturday. Thing is we know they can play as we've seen already this season. Pish against Utd but good against Hearts, dug out a result against St M and ground out a result against St J but last night it was back to pish:confused::confused:, there's not even any consistency with form now:greengrin

If the board do read these forums then read this. Make funds available to the gaffer to strengthen or face many more years of poor attendances and under achieving, tight fisted gits that you are. Us season ticket holders have forked out our hard earned cash its about time you as the board did the same...................

mutley
29-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Bovril - your attitude is spot on.For too long a lot of Hibs fans - myself included - would look to find excuses for performances and results like that. "Oh, lay off them...they've had a good start to the season...""Results like that can happen to anyone...""It's more important to win SPL matches...""We're rebuilding...have some patience..."Reports on recent focus group meetings with board members all come back with the same thing - the cup final result hurt us just as much as the fans. It won't happen again. Blah, blah, blah.... Well Hibs....IT HAPPENED AGAIN LAST NIGHT. We have become a soft touch off the park. Fan pressure needs to be applied to Hibs so that Hibs apply it to their managers and players. I hope Pat Fenlon has been dragged into an office this morning to explain himself. I hope that he has then gone out on the training pitch and kicked the utter **** out of the players.Results and perfomances like last night....unacceptable. END OF.says it all

Hermit Crab
29-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Why it was not his fault we got beat, that was a strong enough team to do the job they chose for whatever reason not to try.

jacomo
29-08-2012, 03:23 PM

To put this in some kind of perspective (not always welcome I know :greengrin) a lot of top clubs in England and Scotland lost out to lower league opposition in the Cups last night. 3 or 4 changes, especially early in the season, can seriously disrupt a team's rhythm.

I am not offering this as an excuse, as we knew we had little depth in the squad already.

bawheid
29-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Why it was not his fault we got beat, that was a strong enough team to do the job they chose for whatever reason not to try.

Pat Fenlon is the football manager. He's in charge of the football team getting results. Last night's buck is in his posession.

The fact that results like this happen regularly to Hibs sides....? Well, that buck stops somewhere else...

Bostonhibby
29-08-2012, 04:15 PM

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.

:top marks Good post Bovril, was a time where I bothered this much after the usual upset. Current truth is that I try to stay away from anything that follows yet another shock defeat, poor performance, training ground incident, night club fiasco etc.......because the bad stuff has been going on for so long now and outweighing the better stuff that any little nuggets of gold like the couple of league results recently are usually all I want to comment much on now.

The minute I saw the team I had the same concern as one of the other very good posts elsewhere re why we think we have the depth of squad to do it and also why this tournament / the risk of an embarassment was so unimportant. I was certain we'd be in for a doing from an in form team and so it proved. Sad thing was that I wasn't surprised and even worse I never felt as angry about it as I used to so thanks for reminding me how I used to feel!

Great admiration for the fans that did go - we still carry an away support thats inconsistent with how we perform / the effort we put in at times.

Onward and upward.

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2012, 04:34 PM
QOTS are full time

Damn ... should check my facts :greengrin.

Tricla
29-08-2012, 04:43 PM

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.

Yawn

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Yawn

Yam

Tricla
29-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Yam

Lol!

Not a Yam. I'm just tired of these pointless OTT board rants.

IMO the reaction to last night has been unnecessary.

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Lol!

Not a Yam. I'm just tired of these pointless OTT board rants.

IMO the reaction to last night has been unnecessary.

I dont think you are a Yam either. But if you are going to comment do it intelligently .. coz that just looked rude.

IMO the reaction to last night was and is totally justified.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Can't blame Petrie or the board for last night. I don't even blame the players, it's not their fault that they're useless.

Fenlon screwed up big time and he knows it.

Tricla
29-08-2012, 06:21 PM
I dont think you are a Yam either. But if you are going to comment do it intelligently .. coz that just looked rude.

IMO the reaction to last night was and is totally justified.

Point taken re my post. It was done from my mobile so no smiley access. No offense intended.

Disagree about the reaction some have to last nights defeat though.
Especially the calls for PF's head and the abuse towards the players.

Don't see the point in lambasting the board either.

It was a bad night in a quagmire of transition.

Let's move on.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.

The manager choses the team not the board. The league performances have shown he has been backed enough to get a team that can compete well in the top flight, it was his choice to bash out the war cry and then change the team from the weekend. Last night has nothing to do with the board.

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2012, 09:35 AM
The manager choses the team not the board. The league performances have shown he has been backed enough to get a team that can compete well in the top flight, it was his choice to bash out the war cry and then change the team from the weekend. Last night has nothing to do with the board.

I'm not disagreeing that PF was at fault. But I think that the pressure should now be on the board at all times. PF chooses the team, but as the guys in charge of the purse strings they must have been keen to see Hibs progress to the next round of the competition. The fact that we have not as a result of an error by the manager leaves it up to them to give him the message that we cant afford to treat any game as a practice match for fringe players. Especially given this clubs history of getting bumped out of cups by teams we should able to beat.

It also has to be said that even if you put the financial aspect to one side, the last thing Hibs needed at this time was another epic cup fail if it has any hopes of keeping the paying supporters it still has and getting more to come back.

That is why I think the board need to accept as much responsibility as PF for this game going the way it did. It is never up to the board or owner of any club to pick the team ( with one exeption of course ) but the board does have a responsibility to make it clear to a manager how important certain matches and competitions are to the club .... something they failed to get across in this case.

DevonLoch
30-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Pat obviously believed he selected a team that could win but was let down by the players on the night. Don't think he'll make the same mistake again!

"I'm disgusted by that performance," Fenlon said."We have let ourselves down and let down a fair few supporters who have travelled a long way."We just didn't treat it properly, we didn't get to the tempo we should have."They worked harder and I thought they were very good, they passed it when they had to and turned us round when they had to and just were better than us all round."It's about attitude and application when you come to places like this. If you don't apply yourselves properly you will get turned over. I told them that yesterday and I told them that today."All round the park, the application from their players was much better than us."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-reaction/273293/fenlon-disgusted-by-display
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hibs-green-shoots-of-recovery-are-unceremoniously-trampled-on-as-queens-ease-to-victory-1-2494669
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340440
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g2dMNnpmzV7Wu1LlxOzI4SnBWFSA?docId=N02404313 46190441910A

Hibercelona
30-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The managers job is to put a team out that are capable of winning the game.

That team were very capable of winning the game, they just chose not to bother on the night.

I reckon a few will be gone very soon.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Pat obviously believed he selected a team that could win but was let down by the players on the night. Don't think he'll make the same mistake again!

"I'm disgusted by that performance," Fenlon said."We have let ourselves down and let down a fair few supporters who have travelled a long way."We just didn't treat it properly, we didn't get to the tempo we should have."They worked harder and I thought they were very good, they passed it when they had to and turned us round when they had to and just were better than us all round."It's about attitude and application when you come to places like this. If you don't apply yourselves properly you will get turned over. I told them that yesterday and I told them that today."All round the park, the application from their players was much better than us."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-reaction/273293/fenlon-disgusted-by-display
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hibs-green-shoots-of-recovery-are-unceremoniously-trampled-on-as-queens-ease-to-victory-1-2494669
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g2dMNnpmzV7Wu1LlxOzI4SnBWFSA?docId=N02404313 46190441910A

Well bugger me, all pre season Fenlon has told us just how he wanted the right kind of player, the right characters, players with the right attitude and application i'd imagine?

He also told us many times how we were a soft touch, but thats not the case anymore, his new players are changing that.

I'm confused

Famous5forever
30-08-2012, 11:35 AM
We are like a rudderless boat, absolutely no direction....Sad times

Lets be honest we have been like this since JC Left, there will be more results like this to come however i sense we are slowly improving on what CC Left us lets not over react to 1 result.

DevonLoch
30-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Well bugger me, all pre season Fenlon has told us just how he wanted the right kind of player, the right characters, players with the right attitude and application i'd imagine?

He also told us many times how we were a soft touch, but thats not the case anymore, his new players are changing that.

I'm confused

It's not a finished product yet (thank ****!). Difficult to go from one end of the spectrum to the other in a short period of time, while changing so many of the components. Tuesday showed, mentioned umpteen places on here, we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of dross to shift out. Pat made a mistake changing a winning team - I still think overall he's moving the team and the club in the right direction. Lets hope he manages to get a couple more players of the right calibre in PDQ to improve options through til January. And that he has learned not to come out with trite statements such as “It’s a competition we firmly believe we can win and that’s what we are going to try to do, make progress through the rounds."

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 01:52 PM
It's not a finished product yet (thank ****!). Difficult to go from one end of the spectrum to the other in a short period of time, while changing so many of the components. Tuesday showed, mentioned umpteen places on here, we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of dross to shift out. Pat made a mistake changing a winning team - I still think overall he's moving the team and the club in the right direction. Lets hope he manages to get a couple more players of the right calibre in PDQ to improve options through til January. And that he has learned not to come out with trite statements such as “It’s a competition we firmly believe we can win and that’s what we are going to try to do, make progress through the rounds."

If thats the case, how many more players do we need to get rid of, out of Tuesdays team, who should we be getting out the door?

I agree Pat made a mistake on tuesday, yet it was 4 changes 2 he brought to the club. This club is in a very fragile state at the moment, if ever a game needed winning on tuesday it was that one.

For me he caused untold damage to the club on tuesday night, thats twice he's made enormous mistakes in team selections and tactics. Is he learning, i bloody well hope so?

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Lets be honest we have been like this since JC Left, there will be more results like this to come however i sense we are slowly improving on what CC Left us lets not over react to 1 result.

I'm not reacting to one result, I am reacting to years and years of turgid results....That OK?

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm not reacting to one result, I am reacting to years and years of turgid results....That OK?

:agree: How many one results have there been over the last 5 years? :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2012, 08:27 PM
:agree: How many one results have there been over the last 5 years? :rolleyes:

Dont want to start BH......Think about the Ayr and Ross County games for starters, any more and I will be sitting in my shreddies, shaking and greetin..... :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Dont want to start BH......Think about the Ayr and Ross County games for starters, any more and I will be sitting in my shreddies, shaking and greetin..... :boo hoo:

Dont worry steven, the training grounds built the grounds finished, thats the infrastructure done.

It wont be long before results start to improve, as little Gary Barlow said just have a little patience. :zzzzz!:

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Dont worry steven, the training grounds built the grounds finished, thats the infrastructure done.

It wont be long before results start to improve, as little Gary Barlow said just have a little patience. :zzzzz!:

I think our support have been patient beyond the call of duty already.......Although we can "pray", I just hope they start to "relight my fire", "could it be magic"? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 09:25 PM
I think our support have been patient beyond the call of duty already.......Although we can "pray", I just hope they start to "relight my fire", "could it be magic"? :dunno:

We are a long way from success, we wont rule the world for a long time yet.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2012, 09:37 PM
We are a long way from success, we wont rule the world for a long time yet.

You and I are tarnishing our reputations with all these Take That references......The old me is now back for good....

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Maybe if we get Riordan back for good we'll be ok! I'll never forget how good he was for us the first time around, everything changes though I suppose!

Can i join the suitably embarassed crew BH & BF? :-)

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Maybe if we get Riordan back for good we'll be ok! I'll never forget how good he was for us the first time around, everything changes though I suppose!

Not you as well.......:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 09:50 PM

Can i join the suitably embarassed crew BH & BF? :-)

Come in and join us Babe, it only takes a minute. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Put that Greatest Hits CD back in its rack Gary!

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Put that Greatest Hits CD back in its rack Gary!

I'm sensing love aint here anymore?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm struggling now! :-)

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm struggling now! :-)

Me too, i'm out. :wink:

Albion Hibs
31-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm not disagreeing that PF was at fault. But I think that the pressure should now be on the board at all times. PF chooses the team, but as the guys in charge of the purse strings they must have been keen to see Hibs progress to the next round of the competition. The fact that we have not as a result of an error by the manager leaves it up to them to give him the message that we cant afford to treat any game as a practice match for fringe players. Especially given this clubs history of getting bumped out of cups by teams we should able to beat.

It also has to be said that even if you put the financial aspect to one side, the last thing Hibs needed at this time was another epic cup fail if it has any hopes of keeping the paying supporters it still has and getting more to come back.

That is why I think the board need to accept as much responsibility as PF for this game going the way it did. It is never up to the board or owner of any club to pick the team ( with one exeption of course ) but the board does have a responsibility to make it clear to a manager how important certain matches and competitions are to the club .... something they failed to get across in this case.

Thats it in a nutshell for me. If it is not up to them to pick the team, and team selection is at fault then it lies with the person who picks the team. I also dont think my 5 year old nephew needs to be told how significant a cup is, so quite why that would need to expressed to a manager is beyond me.

Albion Hibs
31-08-2012, 09:19 PM

He may have been let down by the players, but they are players he does not think are good enough, thats why he has been given money to replace them, it was nothing short of complacency. As for the list above, they seem to be pointing the finger of blame in every direction other than his own, and you seem to have missed out the evening news war cry on the day of the game.

As far as i am concerned the wrong team has been selected by the manager in our last two cup games.

keithkeith
31-08-2012, 09:27 PM
It only takes a minute (or 45) to destroy a good start to the season.

I don't think it's an over-reaction. I don't get to many home games, due to work, but I have been to many, many horror shows away from home. I turned up to Love Street thinking "Could it be magic?" and watched a horror-show, culminating in David van Zanten scoring a fluke. I watched us getting ripped apart at Pittodrie and Ross County (nightmare journeys home!), Tannadice, Somerset Park, Hampden, Tynecastle, Rugby Park, stood open-mouthed at the fact we nearly lost the 6-6 game at Fir Park...many, many more.

I'll still come back for more though, I'll never change, but I still partially agree with the OP. Something is not right!

JohnScott
01-09-2012, 10:27 AM
The team we put out tonight should have been more than adequate to win that game, that they didn't is the fault of manager and players...

Why's that then? Who the hell do you and Fenlon think we are? More than adequate! Get a grip for crying out loud! It was that very notion that cost us the cup tie.

Oh and before you numpties try and have a pop back. I said there would be no more signings other than loanees. I was right! I also said Fenlon has a poor knowledge of the British game outside the Old Firm and EPL hence yet another Irish player. We lost at Dumfries because we didnt show them the respect they deserve, so duh we lost 2 nil!!!!!! You should take notice of Bovrils post as he's been to more games than many of you lot put together!!

Lungo--Drom
01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Does Dave Grohl still play drums for them occasionally? :greengrin

QOTS are full time

The Falcon
01-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Why's that then? Who the hell do you and Fenlon think we are? More than adequate! Get a grip for crying out loud! It was that very notion that cost us the cup tie.

Oh and before you numpties try and have a pop back. I said there would be no more signings other than loanees. I was right! I also said Fenlon has a poor knowledge of the British game outside the Old Firm and EPL hence yet another Irish player. We lost at Dumfries because we didnt show them the respect they deserve, so duh we lost 2 nil!!!!!! You should take notice of Bovrils post as he's been to more games than many of you lot put together!!

Good point today. :greengrin