PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Booth, Kujabi and O'Hanlon

Chuck Rhoades
28-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Space in my car to the airport tomorrow. Tonight was their final chance IMO and should be shown the door after that performance. Those three, along with Galbraith, must leave to free up some funds for Fenlon.

PISTOL1875
28-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Space in my car to the airport tomorrow. Tonight was their final chance IMO and should be shown the door after that performance. Those three, along with Galbraith, must leave to free up some funds for Fenlon.

Add Sproule and Stephens to that list..

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Garbage, BouncerRoss could do better, even when he's pissed and walking sideways.

Chuck Rhoades
28-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Add Sproule and Stephens to that list..

Those two were next on my list, but I only have three seats spare.

Chuck Rhoades
Garbage, BouncerRoss could do better, even when he's pissed and walking sideways.

Behave yerself.

Jonnyboy
Booth's a laddie still learning (though he's had time to improve and not yet taken it) but the others can go IMO. If only it were that simple

BroxburnHibee
28-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Hibs tend to let players go after the window shuts - I can see some if not all of your choices will be looking for new clubs soon enough. :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
28-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Booth's a laddie still learning (though he's had time to improve and not yet taken it) but the others can go IMO. If only it were that simple

He's 22 is he not? He should have broken through by now. Hate how our home grown get so much protection.

It's well known Booth has issues off the field so I would move on.

Dunbar Hibee
28-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Not really had time to improve, he doesn't get game time. His confidence has taken a massive knock since being dropped and I don't blame him.

BarneyK
28-08-2012, 09:45 PM
He's 22 is he not? He should have broken through by now. Hate how our home grown get so much protection.

What's the sketch with the laddie Smith?

Dunbar Hibee
28-08-2012, 09:47 PM

So I keep reading on here, care to explain what 'issues' you are referring to?

IberianHibernian
28-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Any decisions about who stays / leaves won`t ( or shouldn`t ) be made on 45 minutes football 3 days before window closes . It`s obviously a complex problem ( for example sure Fenlon would love to get Sproule off wage bill but he`s got another year of contract ) and while we desperately need some new players in almost every position I hope we don`t rush into signings like other years .

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 09:54 PM

Not really had time to improve, he doesn't get game time. His confidence has taken a massive knock since being dropped and I don't blame him.

Ah, the diversity of dot net posting :greengrin

Issues?

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Any decisions about who stays / leaves won`t ( or shouldn`t ) be made on 45 minutes football 3 days before window closes . It`s obviously a complex problem ( for example sure Fenlon would love to get Sproule off wage bill but he`s got another year of contract ) and while we desperately need some new players in almost every position I hope we don`t rush into signings like other years .

I just witnessed 90 minutes of pish, not 45. They have been crap for ages anyway.

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2012, 09:58 PM

:agree: Totally agree.

I know it's only natural to want a home grown player to succeed even more but there comes a time we have to just accept that in reality they are just as crap as some of the journeymen we sign.

IberianHibernian
28-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I just witnessed 90 minutes of pish, not 45. They have been crap for ages anyway.Was just meaning that decisions will have been made before today or are we back to a situation like last 2 Januaries signing desperately at last moment ?

.Sean.
28-08-2012, 10:07 PM

And these 'issues', what a crock of *****.

.Sean.
28-08-2012, 10:08 PM
First game since January, Brendan.

hibee92
28-08-2012, 10:09 PM

Can't understand how seeing as its utter p1sh.

He's just turned 21.

Facts are overrated anyway.

Steven_Hibs
28-08-2012, 10:10 PM
So I keep reading on here, care to explain what 'issues' you are referring to?

I posted about that a while back, but my comment was deleted, and I'm sure the same would happen again, but yeah he was involved in something stupid with a few others.

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Good, and hopefully his last!

Dunbar Hibee
28-08-2012, 10:13 PM

I know mate, won't stop the know it all's on here have a pop though.

Especially about these 'issues'.

:faf:

Dunbar Hibee
28-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I posted about that a while back, but my comment was deleted, and I'm sure the same would happen again, but yeah he was involved in something stupid with a few others.

Probably because it would have been a crock of *****.

Hiber-nation
28-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Booth escapes the criticism that some players get as we all know how good he CAN be. Man of the match game after game when we were on that decent run. He lost form big time and has never recovered it.

I don't know what the reason is but you can't just put it down to lack of confidence when the laddie has obvious ability and must know it.

The_Horde
28-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm sure you'll have space for either Stephens or Sproule since Boothy's a local lad. :greengrin

In all honesty though, Booth really hasn't had much of a chance lately (probably a good reason for that) but the rest can do one. Waste of wages.

Gala Foxes
28-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Just back from Palmerston, Kujabi picked up where he left off at Hampden, he is a woeful defender, matched closely by O'Hanlon who is a bomb scare of a centre half. we were never at the races tonight, pitiful effort

WindyMiller
28-08-2012, 10:32 PM

I had high hopes for Callum, but his performance to-night was woeful.

I don't know what's happened to him this past 18 months.

hibbygraham
28-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm amazed Claros escapes criticism here. He barely made a successful forward pass all night, several of his standard lateral passes were intercepted in dangerous areas, and he was regularly outmuscled/outjumped by QoS midfield.

He's a waste of a jersey. Neither creative nor destructive, he brings absolutely nothing to the team. To suggest 'there's a player in there' is utterly delusional. Get rid.

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Hahahahahahahaha, what game were you at?

edinburghhibee
28-08-2012, 10:50 PM
I've honestly had it with O'Hanlon what a complete waste of a squad number he is, I went to Cowdenbeth and seen him get turned unside out by their striker and then today the number ten totally dominated him. Poor excuse for a player, if he is an SPL player we all have a chance of making that level piss poor.

I can mind primary school at Abbeyhill a smashing guy Brian Muir took the school team helped by my old man first thing that was taught to our defence was "you never let the striker goal side"

O'Hanlon **** off and don't come back you are one of the worst centre backs i have ever seen!!!!

hibbygraham
28-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Hahahahahahahaha, what game were you at?

The game where we were completely outplayed by a first division side. You?

edinburghhibee
28-08-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm amazed Claros escapes criticism here. He barely made a successful forward pass all night, several of his standard lateral passes were intercepted in dangerous areas, and he was regularly outmuscled/outjumped by QoS midfield.

He's a waste of a jersey. Neither creative nor destructive, he brings absolutely nothing to the team. To suggest 'there's a player in there' is utterly delusional. Get rid.

Thought Claros played ok tonight just as well as the other midfielders, but you can't surely be blaming the defeat on claros... there were 3 other players who were 100x worse than him tonight... not naming names... **** it I will O'Hanlon, Kujabi and Booth shocking performances!!

Vini1875
28-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Yet for the second half we played with what was our 1st choice 11, with the exception of McPake. This was a woeful Hibs performance and the blame lies squarely with PF. This was always going to be a tough tie and he underestimated QOS. Hibs are a long way from being able to sweep sides away.

SteveHFC
28-08-2012, 11:00 PM
I'll pay the fare

Diclonius
28-08-2012, 11:01 PM
O'Hanlon, Sproule and Kujabi have no future at this club and should be released immediately. Kujabi was the only player of the three that last season showed a degree of promise but he commited that foul in that game and that's more than enough to end your career at this club.

Galbraith's had enough chances and really should be moved on for the sake of his career.

Stephens is young but I'm still not convinced and I doubt Fenlon is too. I'd give him this season.

Booth is the only one out of the six I can still see blossoming, and it's heartbreaking that after such a promising start he's gone to ****. I'd keep him on, maybe a loan for a few months, and hope for the best.

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 11:01 PM

2nd. He was best player for us tonight imo and all those round me. Surprising to hear someone have a go at him after one of his better games, when everyone else was crap.

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 11:04 PM
:taxi time for these jokers. Add in Stephens and Galbraith also, impostors. No doubt nobody will want to take them but get them in a fast black anyway.

:agree:

hibbygraham
28-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Thought Claros played ok tonight just as well as the other midfielders, but you can't surely be blaming the defeat on claros... there were 3 other players who were 100x worse than him tonight... not naming names... **** it I will O'Hanlon, Kujabi and Booth shocking performances!!

We all know O'Hanlon and Kujabi are hopeless; Booth, I hope and suspect, will still come good. I only highlighted Claros because some still think he is an asset to the team - as I said, he offers nothing. We need someone to link up with the forwards, who were totally isolated, rather than taking the ball off of our centre-halves toes, running a few yards, then giving it back to them to hoof up the park to the opposition's centre-halves (ad nauseam).

silverhibee
28-08-2012, 11:07 PM

Sure there in the 2nd Division.

hibbygraham
28-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Sure there in the 2nd Division.

You're right. Makes me even more concerned.

hibee92
28-08-2012, 11:11 PM

No he wasn't.

.Sean.
28-08-2012, 11:12 PM
No he wasn't.

I've PM'd the guy mate. Obviousy, not had a reply though.

hibee92
28-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Good, and hopefully his last!

Inspiring.

hibee92
28-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I've PM'd the guy mate. Obviousy, not had a reply though.

Its a shame that some clowns let facts get in the way

HibeeMcGinn1

More lies

LeighLoyal
O'Hanlon, Sproule and Kujabi have no future at this club and should be released immediately. Kujabi was the only player of the three that last season showed a degree of promise but he commited that foul in that game and that's more than enough to end your career at this club.

Galbraith's had enough chances and really should be moved on for the sake of his career.

Stephens is young but I'm still not convinced and I doubt Fenlon is too. I'd give him this season.

Booth is the only one out of the six I can still see blossoming, and it's heartbreaking that after such a promising start he's gone to ****. I'd keep him on, maybe a loan for a few months, and hope for the best.

Blossoming how? He had his chance tonight and blew it, where do you go from there? The lad is just another Kevin McCann, maybe even worse. And 21, he's all the man he'll ever be. Move him on I say, I'd rather have seen Stanton, Handling or Caldwell.

Fenlon is going to have wield the axe or he'll be out the door like the guys who preceded him.

.Sean.
28-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Blossoming how? He had his chance tonight and blew it, where do you go from there? The lad is just another Kevin McCann, maybe even worse. And 21, he's all the man he'll ever be. Move him on I say, I'd rather have seen Stanton, Handling or Caldwell.

Fenlon is going to have wield the axe or he'll be out the door like the guys who preceded him.

He's had his chance? Hooked at half time during his first appearance since January? Aye, that'll do him wonders no doubt.

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Inspiring.

Tell me what is wrong with my post? He's a poor player. It seems to be his mates etc sticking up for him, but as a footballer, not good enough.

scoopyboy
28-08-2012, 11:19 PM
The sooner Kujabi and O'Hanlon leave the club the better.

Booth has no issues off the park whatsoever, however he has to buckle down and work harder. After tonight I think he should go out on loan til he gets better, to me its in everybody's best interest.

JIm
28-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Just back from an illness and barely played at all since Fenlon took charge. Players dont just suddenly lose talent....................make of that what you want. Folk need to have a serious word with themselves.

Dunbar Hibee
28-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Tell me what is wrong with my post? He's a poor player. It seems to be his mates etc sticking up for him, but as a footballer, not good enough.

Hows it going Fraze?

You are of course entitled to your opinion (I don't agree with it) but the main reason we are sticking up for Booth is because there is sheer fabricated lies being said about him here. And NOT for the first time.

hibee92
28-08-2012, 11:24 PM

That is quite possibly the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my life, I haven't done all the research but it can't be far off.

F*** sake.

edinburghhibee
28-08-2012, 11:25 PM
We all know O'Hanlon and Kujabi are hopeless; Booth, I hope and suspect, will still come good. I only highlighted Claros because some still think he is an asset to the team - as I said, he offers nothing. We need someone to link up with the forwards, who were totally isolated, rather than taking the ball off of our centre-halves toes, running a few yards, then giving it back to them to hoof up the park to the opposition's centre-halves (ad nauseam).

What about his tackle at the edge of the box tonight? and several cross field balls when he was attempting to stretch the QOS midfield as we should have been doing. Booth is over rated by a large number of people on this site, I realise he may have had potential when he first broke through but he has been found out. Off the top of my head he gifted the opposition two goals last season from trying stupid things at or near our own corner flag. Had that been clancy or maybury this place would be in meltdown. He needs to go out on loan to a QOS, Raith or other lower division team to man up his performance today was pathetic, not good enough to be playing SPL at this stage.

Back o your point however I don't see Claros as an asset, he is more a stop gap/ best we have at the current time.

edinburghhibee
28-08-2012, 11:29 PM
He's had his chance? Hooked at half time during his first appearance since January? Aye, that'll do him wonders no doubt.

Sorry mate but did he deserve to stay on??? :confused:

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 11:31 PM
That is quite possibly the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my life, I haven't done all the research but it can't be far off.

F*** sake.

You're 19, WTF would you know, son? Wait till you're 21 and can buy alcohol in shops.

.Sean.
28-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Sorry mate but did he deserve to stay on??? :confused:

I didn't see the game but by all accounts he wasn't having the best of times. There's 100% a player in Callum Booth, the same cannot be said for Kujabi or O'Hanlon. Booth has proved in the past what an asset he is when he's on form - the other two i've mentioned have not. I don't know if folk were expecting miracles from him in his first game back but he's been out in the cold for the last 7 or 8 months let's not forget.

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Hows it going Fraze?

You are of course entitled to your opinion (I don't agree with it) but the main reason we are sticking up for Booth is because there is sheer fabricated lies being said about him here. And NOT for the first time.

Aye not bad, yourself?

I just don't think he is good enough, which obviously not everyone will agree with. I have heard something about him off the pitch tonight which i do believe as the person wouldn't make it up (not for me too judge thouh), but soley on football alone i don't really like him.

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2012, 11:37 PM

this 'saying' does my head in :faf:

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2012, 11:38 PM
You're 19, WTF would you know, son? Wait till you're 21 and can buy alcohol in shops.

should be minimum age limit of 35 :greengrin

edinburghhibee
28-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I didn't see the game but by all accounts he wasn't having the best of times. There's 100% a player in Callum Booth, the same cannot be said for Kujabi or O'Hanlon. Booth has proved in the past what an asset he is when he's on form - the other two i've mentioned have not. I don't know if folk were expecting miracles from him in his first game back but he's been out in the cold for the last 7 or 8 months let's not forget.

I'm not so sure mate I've yet to watch a Hibs game were I came out the ground thinking he had something we are missing (I did only get a half season ticket for christmas mind you), Kujabi on the other hand I liked when I first saw him, thought he was good going forward but suspect defending, now I want shot, he's def no good enough. O'Hanlon has been howling since the begining... enough said.

I went to the game tonight mate and honestly he was non-existant, infact I'm sure his only decent passage of play was a ball through to Sparky in the first half. When you are playing for an SPL team against a second division team that is nowhere near good enough. He needs to be sent out on loan to get some experiance/baws about him.

hibee92
28-08-2012, 11:46 PM

I stand corrected. THIS is the most idiotic thing I've read. Everything about this is either idiotic or irrelevant. Although, I reckon, with a little bit of sheer force of will you could top it. I can tell you're not trying to be stupid and that worries me.

ALso, don't call me "son". Trying to use that as some form of put-down is fairly infantile, the characteristic of being simply older than me doesn't give you any superiority in any shape, way or form.

Ta :aok:

edinburghhibee
28-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I stand corrected. THIS is the most idiotic thing I've read. Everything about this is either idiotic or irrelevant. Although, I reckon, with a little bit of sheer force of will you could top it. I can tell you're not trying to be stupid and that worries me.

ALso, don't call me "son". Trying to use that as some form of put-down is fairly infantile, the characteristic of being simply older than me doesn't give you any superiority in any shape, way or form.

Ta :aok:

900 odd posts and you haven't realised that youthfullness means you know **** all about football on dot net :confused:

hibee92
28-08-2012, 11:57 PM
900 odd posts and you haven't realised that youthfullness means you know **** all about football on dot net :confused:

And agedness means you are the chosen one? :greengrin

LancashireHibby
29-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Must say well done (of sorts) to Fenlon for hooking Kujabi and Booth at half time as they were absolutely rotten, but you do have to wonder why he thought it would be a good idea to stick them together in the first place as both are dreadful defenders. I'd love Booth to do well but he seems to have hit the point, just as many others have in the past, where his potential simply doesn't look like being realised.

edinburghhibee
29-08-2012, 12:27 AM
And agedness means you are the chosen one? :greengrin

Only if you buy into some of the pish spouted on here! :thumbsup:

Hibs90
29-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Send Booth away on loan let him re-build his confidence. The rest can bite ma ***** though.

IWasThere2016
29-08-2012, 03:07 AM

We've been largely very pish in that time and CB couldn't get a game so I'm struggling to see how that's any defence. By many accounts he did not take his chance tonight either.

How long is his current contract? He'd better hope it doesn't end summer 2013.

KiddA
29-08-2012, 03:20 AM

I wish it was that easy, and who in there right mind would want O'Hanlon?

Beefster
29-08-2012, 04:52 AM

Sean, it's admirable for you to defend your mate but the fact that he couldn't break into one of the worst Hibs teams in living memory and then couldn't even play mediocre against a second division side, irrespective of it being his first first-team game in x months, does not auger well for his prospects of making it at Hibs.

The last thing we need is a poor player getting a run of games in the hope that he suddenly finds some form. On that logic, we might as well keep playing Stephens and Galbriath.

joe_hfc
29-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Send Booth away on loan let him re-build his confidence. The rest can bite ma ***** though.

When Booth was on loan at Brechin, he was on fire. He came back a better player too. I agree; I think that sending him on loan will do better for his football (and therefore for Hibs) than rotting on the bench or the stands. Why don't we try doing the same with CG? Let's be honest... what would we have to lose?

We probably need to keep Stephens, O'Hanlon and Sproule for cover. They are all **** though, and IMO I'd rather see hungry younger players getting a chance over them. If we sign a couple of decent players then I would expect (hope) at least 2 of them to be shown the door.

:panic:

Springbank
29-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Maybe next time pf wants to pick a dud back four he can let us know before we all jump in cars and busses to give our time and support. It would save the long journey home regretting and thinking never again Hibs. Because one day I'll say it and mean it.

flash
29-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Maybe next time pf wants to pick a dud back four he can let us know before we all jump in cars and busses to give our time and support. It would save the long journey home regretting and thinking never again Hibs. Because one day I'll say it and mean it.

I take it the defence, murder as they undoubtedly were, can also take the blame for us having less possession and failing to score against a team two levels below us?

Personally i would be taking a good look at the midfield.

NatureBoy
29-08-2012, 06:38 AM
The second I saw Kujabi and O'Headless listed in the starting team I felt we were playing Russian roulette with our cup status.
That's us now out a cup and any potential revenue can be kissed goodbye. These guys seem to me to be doing more harm than good to the club at present. The other players and the manager also have to accept some responsibility for a rank rotten night at the office.
Ivan, Galbraith, Stephens, Kujabi and O'Headless can all go for me but the problem is who is going to be mental enough to take them off our hands?
:dunno:

just_joe
29-08-2012, 08:19 AM
God help us if McPake & 1 or 2 others pick up an injury. Its a scary thought knowing the garbage we will be left with. With 2 days left of the transfer window I feel Fenlon has to make a few signings or it's gonna be another bad season. Probably not relegation but we can forget a top 6 finish.

Hermit Crab
29-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Reportedly kujabi only got back from London yesterday after the birth of his child and is straight into the team?? Shocking decision to play him if true.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2012, 08:43 AM
All of them can go - we know the deficiencies of O'Hanlon and Kujabi and they are not what we need.

As others have pointed out CB has failed to break into a dreadful Hibs team, and that tells you all you need to know - and please, spare us the pish about his confidence being shot to pieces by being dropped; IF that is true, then he doesn't have the mental toughness required to be a Hibs player, and is no use to us. He looked good for a very short space of time, but he doesn't have a position and we look so much more vulnerable with him in the team.

I have no doubt that CB has lots of footballing ability - sadly he seems to be lacking all of the other qualities that must be allied with that in order to flourish. I hope I'm wrong about him, but if it's not happening now, I can't see it ever happening.

JIm
29-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Couple of points on this one.

1. Maybe a loan move at this time would be a good thing, re-build fitness, confidence etc
2. To our fans to write a player off at the age of 21 is a real worry imo
3. I have no doubt that CB would flourish in a team that played football, got the ball down and looked to attack
4. Perhaps its not CB thats holding himself back, perhaps its the managers inability to coach and manage that has seen him suffer.................?
5. People who slate players on message boards about something they've supposedly heard. Get the facts right before you start posting nonsense on forums.

J-C
29-08-2012, 09:09 AM

I'm sorry John but I cannot agree with this, Booth is now 21 years old and should be big enough and old enough to hold down a place if he was good enough, plenty other players plying their trade with other teams in the SPL at a similar age, doing the business for their clubs. It may just be the case that Booth just hasn't developed as we thought and has unfortunately found his level, funny how the past 2-3 managers have not been choosing him, wonder why.?

JIm
29-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm sorry John but I cannot agree with this, Booth is now 21 years old and should be big enough and old enough to hold down a place if he was good enough, plenty other players plying their trade with other teams in the SPL at a similar age, doing the business for their clubs. It may just be the case that Booth just hasn't developed as we thought and has unfortunately found his level, funny how the past 2-3 managers have not been choosing him, wonder why.?

Funny that the last 2-3 managers have all been massive failures.

J-C
29-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Funny that the last 2-3 managers have all been massive failures.

Not disagreeing there mate but Booth, who looked a player 3 years ago has declined very rapidly into a nonentity, these same managers saw something that made them not pick him and going by last night, they were probably right. This was an opertunity for a young lad to stake a claim at 1st team football and blew it, even if he shone in amongst the rest of the crap.

JIm
29-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Not disagreeing there mate but Booth, who looked a player 3 years ago has declined very rapidly into a nonentity, these same managers saw something that made them not pick him and going by last night, they were probably right. This was an opertunity for a young lad to stake a claim at 1st team football and blew it, even if he shone in amongst the rest of the crap.

Perhaps people should be having a look at said managers, not disagreeing CB didnt play well last night but i do think that certain factors need to be taken in to account. After all talent doesn't just dissapear. I really think folk need a reality check as well. 21 YEARS OLD. Its nothing. An opportunity to develop under a decent manager would make all the difference. Maybe he should move on then, cause he's not getting that at Hibs.

down-the-slope
29-08-2012, 09:27 AM
The sooner Kujabi and O'Hanlon leave the club the better.

Booth has no issues off the park whatsoever, however he has to buckle down and work harder. After tonight I think he should go out on loan til he gets better, to me its in everybody's best interest.

Would you stop being so blooming reasonable when there is a perfectly good .Net polar argument going on.....:greengrin

JimBHibees
29-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Perhaps people should be having a look at said managers, not disagreeing CB didnt play well last night but i do think that certain factors need to be taken in to account. After all talent doesn't just dissapear. I really think folk need a reality check as well. 21 YEARS OLD. Its nothing. An opportunity to develop under a decent manager would make all the difference. Maybe he should move on then, cause he's not getting that at Hibs.

Sounds to me as if he has been doing a fair amount of bleating to his mates about not getting a game for him to get a game he should have come back to pre-season the fittest he has ever been and determined to win a place in the team. If he had done this he would have been in a better place to impress last night it sounds like he wasnt at the races so instead of blaming others he should be looking in the mirror IMO as we all know he has talent.

J-C
29-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Sounds to me as if he has been doing a fair amount of bleating to his mates about not getting a game for him to get a game he should have come back to pre-season the fittest he has ever been and determined to win a place in the team. If he had done this he would have been in a better place to impress last night it sounds like he wasnt at the races so instead of blaming others he should be looking in the mirror IMO as we all know he has talent.

Exactly Jim, CB needs to take a long look at himself, 3 managers haven't picked him, why? it's not that he's not talented, so it has to be the fact he's not showing at training and when picked can't step up due to not being fit or strong enough.

I was excited when Booth first hit the scenes at ER but somewhere along the lines he's regressed to being just another half decent div1 level footballer.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2012, 09:40 AM

21 is not young for a footballer anymore. People who defend Booth continually make out that he could be one of the best young players to come through at Hibs, if that were the case he would have made a serious impact by now. John Collins was 22 when he left Hibs and had played 163 times for us (in some Hibs teams that really struggled) - Steven Whittaker (who also started out in a struggling Hibs team) had played 173 games before he left Hibs having just turned 23. CB has managed 33 appearances by the age of 21.

The signs are not good, sadly - and the award of a five year contract (which seemed to be sound business based on his reputation at the time) has backfired.

bawheid
29-08-2012, 09:46 AM
21 is not young for a footballer anymore. People who defend Booth continually make out that he could be one of the best young players to come through at Hibs, if that were the case he would have made a serious impact by now. John Collins was 22 when he left Hibs and had played 163 times for us (in some Hibs teams that really struggled) - Steven Whittaker (who also started out in a struggling Hibs team) had played 173 games before he left Hibs having just turned 23. CB has managed 33 appearances by the age of 21.

The signs are not good, sadly - and the award of a five year contract (which seemed to be sound business based on his reputation at the time) has backfired.

Yep - Steven Fletcher had probably made more appearances at 18 than Booth has now.

I'd send him out on loan to a 1st division club for six months. We can assess him after that.

JIm
29-08-2012, 09:49 AM

We'll need to agree to disagree on this one. Players develop at different rates and even at 21 he still has time on his side.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Yep - Steven Fletcher had probably made more appearances at 18 than Booth has now.

I'd send him out on loan to a 1st division club for six months. We can assess him after that.

Seems like the only sensible option.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2012, 09:54 AM
We'll need to agree to disagree on this one. Players develop at different rates and even at 21 he still has time on his side.

I'm not writing him off all together, players develop at different rates and some don't make it until much later - Paul Hartley and the likes. He may well have to drop down a level or two before coming back up again, he wouldn't be the first or the last.

He may well still develop into a fine player but for where he is at 21 he can certainly no longer be referred to as a decent prospect, and is not a viable option for us at the moment.

500miles
29-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I think to be fair to Booth, he set up Leigh with a near enough open goal. If Griffiths puts it in the net, we look at the performance another way, and possibly even find the spark to kick on.

I'm less worried by last night than most, but, to be honest, I think that's because I think we should be aiming for a steady season this year, anywhere between 5th to 8th place being the target. Also, I look at Killie and Ross County, and think that upsets are what the cup are all about, and sometimes - even decent teams - are victims.

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2012, 10:09 AM

Seems like the only sensible option.

:agree: He's nowhere near a starting place at the moment, which is a real shame. Like many, i watched him come into the side and thought this boy can be a star.

I dont know whats happened, but he's not a star just now and is not going to play for Hibs anytime soon.

Get him out on loan, and see if that terrific footballer we all saw bust onto the scene, can go away and get his game back on track. :pray:

paul_hfc3
29-08-2012, 10:20 AM

Hasn't Danny Galbraith's contract expired?

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Hasn't Danny Galbraith's contract expired?

Hibs midfielder Danny Galbraith has been handed a new contract by the Edinburgh Club until 2013

down-the-slope
29-08-2012, 10:50 AM

:agree: that is true...But our club & manager do not...

JIm
29-08-2012, 12:28 PM
:agree: that is true...But our club & manager do not...

Again very true, just a shame cause i honestly believe that under the right manager he would flourish, as would many more who are perhaps not getting the chances yet

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2012, 12:43 PM
:agree: He's nowhere near a starting place at the moment, which is a real shame. Like many, i watched him come into the side and thought this boy can be a star.

I dont know whats happened, but he's not a star just now and is not going to play for Hibs anytime soon.

Get him out on loan, and see if that terrific footballer we all saw bust onto the scene, can go away and get his game back on track. :pray:

Too sensible a solution. The Hibs way would be to let him go elsewhere for free, watch him blossom into a star, then moan like **** about 'the one that got away.'

Beefster
29-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Too sensible a solution. The Hibs way would be to let him go elsewhere for free, watch him blossom into a star, then moan like **** about 'the one that got away.'

What youngsters have been released by Hibs for not making the breakthrough and then gone on to become a 'star' elsewhere? Genuine question cos I can't think of one.

Golden Bear
29-08-2012, 02:58 PM
What youngsters have been released by Hibs for not making the breakthrough and then gone on to become a 'star' elsewhere? Genuine question cos I can't think of one.

Gordon Strachan ?

:wink:

Golden Bear
29-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Gordon Strachan ?

:wink:

Edit:-

From Wilkipedia:-

He was offered a contract by Hibernian manager Eddie Turnbull, but his father decided against the offer after stating the club did not pay sufficient expenses for footwear.[4]

:tee hee:

And we cannae blame Rod on this one.

stanton10
29-08-2012, 03:21 PM

To, be honest booth probably has more footballing skills and more ability than wotherspoon but he plays week in week out and contributes nowt.

MSK
29-08-2012, 03:33 PM
To, be honest booth probably has more footballing skills and more ability than wotherspoon but he plays week in week out and contributes nowt.And here he is ..nowhere to be seen when Spoony laid on Griffiths goal v hearts ..& again v St Mirren at Paisley ..but you come on here & rip into him after a shambolic team effort last night ..you are seriously a bitter bitter man who has a weird fixation on Spoony ..:crazy:

steviehibsleith
29-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Actually think Sppony has improved last couple of games playing right midfield and with a stronger team. If Callum Booth is far superior he should start putting in the performances if he wants his place back in the team.
Think there is a place wide left for him but you need to earn it and last night isnt the way to do it. Ross Caldwell and young Stanton who are 18 are young lads who need chances and leeway from supporters - Booth is 21 and needs to produce more IMO

JimBHibees
29-08-2012, 04:24 PM
To, be honest booth probably has more footballing skills and more ability than wotherspoon but he plays week in week out and contributes nowt.

It obviously isnt only about skills and ability though.

Tonez
29-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Allegedly O'hanlon hasn't even been training with the first team squad. Training himself for the last 3 weeks.

SouthamptonHibs
29-08-2012, 05:13 PM
O'Hanlon, Stevenson (injured currently), Sproule, Galbraith, Carlos, Kajabi, Booth, Wotherspoon (to good passes in 3 years) all need to be taken off the wage bill! None of these players are good enough for HFC. They have been part of the worst Hibs team i've ever seen.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2012, 05:17 PM
O'Hanlon, Stevenson (injured currently), Sproule, Galbraith, Carlos, Kajabi, Booth, Wotherspoon (to good passes in 3 years) all need to be taken off the wage bill! None of these players are good enough for HFC. They have been part of the worst Hibs team i've ever seen.

:top marksThey should all have been emptied or had their contract paid up on May 20.

Get these 8 out, bring 4 or 5 new ones in and give youth a chance t make up the numbers.

SouthamptonHibs
29-08-2012, 05:23 PM
:top marksThey should all have been emptied or had their contract paid up on May 20.

Get these 8 out, bring 4 or 5 new ones in and give youth a chance t make up the numbers.

I agree with you on this. These 8 should have been empted in May. I can't believe at our first chance off getting things right after 19th May and giving the fans something to cheer about Hibs have blown it twice
1. v Hearts at ER as we didn't beat them and
2. another embarassing defeat v 2nd div outfit which leaves us out the cup before end of Aug!

brog
29-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Exactly Jim, CB needs to take a long look at himself, 3 managers haven't picked him, why? it's not that he's not talented, so it has to be the fact he's not showing at training and when picked can't step up due to not being fit or strong enough.

I was excited when Booth first hit the scenes at ER but somewhere along the lines he's regressed to being just another half decent div1 level footballer.

Don't let another inaccurate statement become a "fact" on here. CB has played 34 times for Hibs & 33 of these games were in the year ending Jan 2012 so our prior manager certainly picked him. Before his debut ( when he was only 19 ) he was on loan at both Arbroath & Brechin almost immediately after playing in the double winning U-19 team. CC gave him a long-term contract & played him 33 times. Yogi put him out on loan as a 17-18 year old to gain experience & I understand rated him very highly. So its really only PF who doesn't rate Booth. I rate PF as a person but I'm not convinced by his thoughts on certain players, most notably Kujabi & Stephens. I don't think Booth has been given a fair crack of the whip. If he was to be played, for first time in 8 months then he should have been the only change to the back 4. If we let CB go he'll have an offer from Dun Utd immediately & will come back & haunt us.
I despair of this board sometimes, a tremendous young talent, a Hibs fan & people on here kick him while he's down & spread malicious & inaccurate rumours about him. ( None of these comments are directed at you JC1 )

JohnStephens91
29-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Booth does not look like he has the personality to change his bad run of form, it appears as if he just lets the problems pile on top of him and has no willingness to fight back and realise his potential. He really should be punted out on loan to a First Division club to try and rediscover himself, however I doubt he will and his career will peter out in the lower leagues. Such a shame as he obviously has the talent.

Kujabi I believed deserved a second chance, after watching last night I would say he needs to go, horrendously at fault for both goals as the flaccid left-side was exposed by Queen of the South. Kujabi is a bombscare and instead of waiting for the linesman to flag for offside (which Carmichael wasn't) he stopped and put his hand up. Truly awful player and the only other time he should be wearing a Hibs shirt is when he is playing in his back garden pretending he is still a first team player and anything like Roberto Carlos.

O'Hanlon is a decent squad player as his performance against Aberdeen proved. However this appears to just be a flash in the pan as he is more often than not terrible. I'd say keep him until his contract runs out, which I hope is next year, then replace him with a better player. The bottom line is that we can't have a situation where we pay players out of their contracts as this eats into the budget.

stanton10
29-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Thank you,

stanton10
29-08-2012, 05:57 PM
And here he is ..nowhere to be seen when Spoony laid on Griffiths goal v hearts ..& again v St Mirren at Paisley ..but you come on here & rip into him after a shambolic team effort last night ..you are seriously a bitter bitter man who has a weird fixation on Spoony ..:crazy:

Stop it please , we are back to square one, the guy is not a player wake up man 2 passes in 3 seasons no bad,?

frazeHFC
29-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Stop it please , we are back to square one, the guy is not a player wake up man 2 passes in 3 seasons no bad,?

Why do you keep going on about this '2 passes in 3 seasons' nonsense. :hilarious

MSK
29-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Stop it please , we are back to square one, the guy is not a player wake up man 2 passes in 3 seasons no bad,?This thread has nowt to do with Wotherspoon though has it ..why dont you go find a Wotherspoon bashing thread to satisfy your fixation for him, Im sure you will find a few that you have already contributed to if you do a quick search..:aok:

MSK
29-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Why do you keep going on about this '2 passes in 3 seasons' nonsense. :hilariousBecause his laddie didnt get a contract at hibs & Spoony did ..so he is bashing Spoony at every given chance ..like its Spoony's fault eh ..

Paisley Hibby
29-08-2012, 06:08 PM

Spot on mate :agree:

matty_f
29-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Allegedly O'hanlon hasn't even been training with the first team squad. Training himself for the last 3 weeks.

Fairly certain that's utter bollocks.

JohnStephens91
29-08-2012, 06:17 PM

Get a grip, he has been shafted around various positions and now Pat wants to try him on the right hand side of midfield where he has been a good performer and created two of our 5 goals in the league this season. He deserves the chance to improve as he is still only young and clearly has the ability and for what it is worth I had the pleasure of working with him this week and he was a positive person to be around so it can only be good to have this type of character in the dressing room too.

Bostonhibby
29-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Get a grip, he has been shafted around various positions and now Pat wants to try him on the right hand side of midfield where he has been a good performer and created two of our 5 goals in the league this season. He deserves the chance to improve as he is still only young and clearly has the ability and for what it is worth I had the pleasure of working with him this week and he was a positive person to be around so it can only be good to have this type of character in the dressing room too.

:agree: Here's a young guy who went through all the crap associated with being moved around and out of position in a couple of very bad runs in bad teams now getting a chance to maybe make a position he is doing better at his own. He actually managed to get through the earlier problems and seems to be showing the right attitude and signs of improvement where others from the same period aren't or have moved on, was encouraged by what I seen of Wotherspoon at Paisley, time is on his side so long as he rediscovers his form or improves as he seems to be doing.

stanton10
29-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Because his laddie didnt get a contract at hibs & Spoony did ..so he is bashing Spoony at every given chance ..like its Spoony's fault eh ..

What the are you on about ,you are barking up the wrong tree , like some of the other spoony lovers ,he will never be the player that you think he will be ,and i cant understand where you are coming from ,but then again you must know more about this game than me ?

Steven_Hibs
29-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Its a shame that some clowns let facts get in the way

Clowns eh :rolleyes: and what facts would those be? I was told a story, I posted it here ages ago, and it was swiftly deleted, which made me think at the time, that there was something in it. I dont have to justify myself, why should I? Especially when some clowns let facts get in the way :rolleyes:

JohnStephens91
29-08-2012, 07:15 PM
What the are you on about ,you are barking up the wrong tree , like some of the other spoony lovers ,he will never be the player that you think he will be ,and i cant understand where you are coming from ,but then again you must know more about this game than me ?

To be fair he probably does, you come across as a bit of a trumpet with regards to the Wotherpoon situation. You hold a grudge for whatever reason and a majority of your notable posts criticise Wotherspoon.

.Sean.
29-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Clowns eh :rolleyes: and what facts would those be? I was told a story, I posted it here ages ago, and it was swiftly deleted, which made me think at the time, that there was something in it. I dont have to justify myself, why should I? Especially when some clowns let facts get in the way :rolleyes:
I private mailed you but you didn't reply. You're a spraff. Stop telling stories.

McD
29-08-2012, 07:18 PM

You clearly don't rate Wotherspoon, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'd like to ask you, under that premise, who would you play in the wide right position that DW has occupied this season? And if it's someone from another position (for example, Cairney), can you also suggest who you would then have in that position? From the current player pool.

No trick question, just a straight forward question as to how you would replace DW in the side?

MSK
29-08-2012, 07:22 PM
What the are you on about ,you are barking up the wrong tree , like some of the other spoony lovers ,he will never be the player that you think he will be ,and i cant understand where you are coming from ,but then again you must know more about this game than me ?You know exactly where Im coming from so dont start the ignorant pish, Im no lover of Spoony but you seem to have a morbid fascination about him ..every thread you come on here spouting your negative pish even when the thread isnt about him you just cant help yourself ..it is obviously personal because you come over as a bitter wee man on here with dig after dig after dig...

fatbloke
29-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Yet for the second half we played with what was our 1st choice 11, with the exception of McPake. This was a woeful Hibs performance and the blame lies squarely with PF. This was always going to be a tough tie and he underestimated QOS. Hibs are a long way from being able to sweep sides away.

I widnae trust the current squad - especially Claros Kujabi and a few others - to sweep sweetie papers away:rolleyes:

stanton10
30-08-2012, 05:35 AM
You know exactly where Im coming from so dont start the ignorant pish, Im no lover of Spoony but you seem to have a morbid fascination about him ..every thread you come on here spouting your negative pish even when the thread isnt about him you just cant help yourself ..it is obviously personal because you come over as a bitter wee man on here with dig after dig after dig...

The point i am making is he and a few others, are not good enough and given the right manager should not be near the 1st team,there is no need to get personal the truth always hurts.

down-the-slope
30-08-2012, 08:02 AM
The point i am making is he and a few others, are not good enough and given the right manager should not be near the 1st team,there is no need to get personal the truth always hurts.

Having just read through thread that gets irony bypass award :tee hee:

skipster7
30-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Started reading but gave up after reading that someone was fed up with the support/leeway our own young players receive.i despair:brickwall Sometimes our support get the team they deserve.Imo Calum Booth looked a fantastic player when he broke through,that just doesn't go overnight.

J-C
30-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Started reading but gave up after reading that someone was fed up with the support/leeway our own young players receive.i despair:brickwall Sometimes our support get the team they deserve.Imo Calum Booth looked a fantastic player when he broke through,that just doesn't go overnight.

I think this is the frustrating thing most on here are saying, what exactly happens to these young lads, when after looking so good early on.
The same goes for Wotherspoon and to a lesser extent Hanlon ( who looks better since McPake arrived ), why do these lads suddenly lose all confidence??

Chuck Rhoades
30-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I know mate, won't stop the know it all's on here have a pop though.

Especially about these 'issues'.

:faf:

I realise you and a few other posters are from the same area as Booth, but how are you 100% sure these issues are *****?

In saying that, I have no idea if what has been said is true, hence didn’t go into detail. However, Booth is liked by the majority of the support, so I would see no reason why someone would suddenly make up rumours? It's also noted that Steven isn't the only one to post these so called 'issues'.

Is it just a coincidence that all of the posters that are defending him so happen to come from the area he grew up?

For the record, I hope Booth makes it at Hibs and proves us doubters wrong. At this moment in time, I do not see a place for him in our starting line-up. IMO of course.

WindyMiller
30-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I think this is the frustrating thing most on here are saying, what exactly happens to these young lads, when after looking so good early on.
The same goes for Wotherspoon and to a lesser extent Hanlon ( who looks better since McPake arrived ), why do these lads suddenly lose all confidence??

At QOTS, he was lost without McPake.

J-C
31-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Dear dear, you would think he didn't need his hand held every single game, I've always wanted the decent up and coming youngsters to do well but they continually shoot themselves in the foot by turning in gash performances against reasonably weak opposition.

He's now 22 and played 104 times, which should be enough to give you the experience needed to stop the stupid mistakes and bad performances. i've been delighted he's got slightly better with McPake but if he can't stand on his own two feet, we really are in trouble come injuries and suspensions. :confused:

edinburghhibee
31-08-2012, 11:22 AM

Didn't really see him do much wrong against QOS both balls came down kujabis wing and were crossed into the box were O'Hanlon let his man get goal side of him and place the ball in the net without any effort.

Must admit I did not see who let the man goalside for the first goal so knowing my luck that will have be Hanlons man.

Famous5forever
31-08-2012, 03:27 PM
I widnae trust the current squad - especially Claros Kujabi and a few others - to sweep sweetie papers away:rolleyes:

These players are Paddy Signings as is Kuqi just sayin.