PDA

View Full Version : Tonight

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Well here we go again why does Mr Fenlon think we are good enough to shuffle the pack FFS these players are not good enough beaten from a lower league team in the first round of the cup is disgraceful

In the papers Mr Fenlon yes we can win it " then pick a side that can"

David Witherspoon " yes we know the 3rd division teams are good'

am sorry but Fenlon s not for me .... i hope he proves me wrong

Gatecrasher
28-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Unacceptable

GreenArmy1875
28-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Can't beat a bit of doom and gloom on .net after one defeat

500miles
28-08-2012, 08:48 PM
O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Booth and Kuqi should still be good enough to get the job done against Div 2 opposition. For some reason, it didn't work. I've seen it happen to better Hibs teams, and I'll see it happen to more. How good or bad we are isn't decided by a single, isolated result against any team. Maybe a couple of players thought they could just turn up tonight, and this could be used to beat a bit of consistancy into the players. There will be ***** getting kicked at EM this week.

We'll need to wait and see to look at this game in the context of the whole season to see what the issue was tonight.

hibee_girl
28-08-2012, 08:49 PM
O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Booth and Kuqi should still be good enough to get the job done against Div 2 opposition. For some reason, it didn't work. I've seen it happen to better Hibs teams, and I'll see it happen to more. How good or bad we are isn't decided by a single, isolated result against any team. Maybe a couple of players thought they could just turn up tonight, and this could be used to beat a bit of consistancy into the players. There will be ***** getting kicked at EM this week.

We'll need to wait and see to look at this game in the context of the whole season to see what the issue was tonight.

:top marks

wearethehibs
28-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Im not usually a moaner but for me this is the only cup we seem to have a chance of winning so why play a weakend team?

dmc1875
28-08-2012, 08:52 PM
:top marks

Kuqi seems to be getting talked about in the same breath as ohanlon and the likes at the moment, was he humpty today or something?

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2012, 08:53 PM

Terrific, im so happy tonight.

sbell1875
28-08-2012, 08:54 PM
A League Cup game with 4 changes to Saturdays team with a massive SPL game on Saturday. I can fully understand his squad selection tonight. Let's not forgot though the determination shown in the last 3 league games.

Ggtth.

S.sct
28-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Its a fair point of view, is a defeat to QOS acceptable to you? We have been promised a summer of change and have been served up only a slight improvement in performance in the last three games. Not good enough.....

Chuck Rhoades
28-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Long bus trip home. Dire. Booth, Kujabi and O'Hanlon should be binned in the morning. Kuqi looks months away from fitness.

BroxburnHibee
28-08-2012, 08:56 PM
A League Cup game with 4 changes to Saturdays team with a massive SPL game on Saturday. I can fully understand his squad selection tonight. Let's not forgot though the determination shown in the last 3 league games.

Ggtth.

Saturday is NOT a massive game IMO - any points against Celtc are a bonus.

I would much rather we had rested players on Saturday.

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 08:57 PM
One game are you having a laugh First half on Saturday was awful Dundee Utd Awful hearts game a wee bit fight but they where crap we still could not beat them

I have been watching this crap for way to long WE deserve better our board have gave us the cheap options for too long i have seen some poor results over the years but come on what is it you can not see these players are not good enough OUR manager cannot see a player outside Ireland.

We have been short changed again oh I hope it gets better

Fenlon is not the Man for the Job (please Mr Fenlon prove me wrong)

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Can tell some if comments on here are from people not at match!! Well I was and believe me, it was bad!! ohanlon, kujabi and booth utter rubbish and evidence of tonight kuqi looks a total huddy! Doyle done more in ten mins than kuqi the whole game, I just hope he had,an off night like rest of team, otherwise we better pray Doyle and griffiths stay fit!! An embarrassing performance all in all, even deegan and cairney were poor...

fatbloke
28-08-2012, 08:59 PM

Try since that Sunday in March 2007 - probably the last time we truly turned up as a team - excepting the odd trip to Weegieland or once at the PBS.

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 09:00 PM

Ggtth.

I must be at different games or expect a higher standard

Laurie Riley Sitting next to me on Saturday Half time i quote " thats got to be the worst football i have seen" full time ' we got 3 point"

LancsHibs
Was going today, but thankfully didn't make it in the end!! From those that did go can you enlighten us on any positives from individual performances tonight? Who/what didn't work? Any player ratings? Thanks

ronaldo7
One game are you having a laugh First half on Saturday was awful Dundee Utd Awful hearts game a wee bit fight but they where crap we still could not beat them

I have been watching this crap for way to long WE deserve better our board have gave us the cheap options for too long i have seen some poor results over the years but come on what is it you can not see these players are not good enough OUR manager cannot see a player outside Ireland.

We have been short changed again oh I hope it gets better

Fenlon is not the Man for the Job (please Mr Fenlon prove me wrong)

Who is then?

How about Uncle Fester.

marjoriebanks
28-08-2012, 09:01 PM
What an effort, no class in the middle of the park, left side weak and Queens exploited it twice. PF apologised for the cup final getting the formation wrong - will he apologise tomorrow again. The loss of face, finance and building momentum thrown away on the back of some very poor judgement. He needs to mature as a manager as well but won't keeping getting chances.
The club need to provide some craft in teh shape of a creative, passing midfielder, who I do not know but that is the job of PF and his staff to identify and RP to provide.
Here's hoping that this is not a major downturn but I fear for the team given taht whilst they have picked up points they have been as uninspiring as they were tonight.

happiehibbie
Can tell some if comments on here are from people not at match!! Well I was and believe me, it was bad!! ohanlon, kujabi and booth utter rubbish and evidence of tonight kuqi looks a total huddy! Doyle done more in ten mins than kuqi the whole game, I just hope he had,an off night like rest of team, otherwise we better pray Doyle and griffiths stay fit!! An embarrassing performance all in all, even deegan and cairney were poor...

well said

we are murder

we dont have the players to change things around

LeighLoyal
I was sceptical about what a guy getting on for 36 had to offer, now looks like a panic signing by Fenlon, although the rest are just as bad. Proof positive we are still way short.

fatbloke
28-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Some players are p15h and manager is clueless?

SloopJB
28-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Probably because it's more than a defeat.

With all due respect to Queen of the South, Hibernian FC should be better than them and capable of beating them over 90 minutes.
Yes there can be cup shocks but this wasn't a smash and grab, QOS were the better team and won at a canter.

A revenue stream cut off early doors so who now to add to the squad?

A bit embarrassing that many on here decried players for going to play for The Rangers saying they lacked ambition yet Hibs are no better than QOS.
Doesn't matter where we are in the league, QOS bested us, only as good as your last game and we were *****.

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Horrific. Embaressing. Waste of money.

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:03 PM

Thank goodness for some common sense. :top marks

Kenny1875
28-08-2012, 09:04 PM

There's a difference between 'one defeat' and a defeat to a team in the 2nd division.

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Who is then?

How about Uncle Fester.

Thing would do a better job

we should have gone with Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown
But no some people can not see the woods for the trees

Speedway
28-08-2012, 09:07 PM

You and me both know that 'one defeat' is not the issue here.

#FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 09:07 PM
It may be a poor loss but ffs give the whole doom and gloom thing a rest. Not the first time we've been knocked out by a smaller team and won't be the last. We played a weakened team which is fenlons fault but what we have to remember is that these smaller teams are always up for big games especially at home. Killie and Ross county also knocked out 2nite which shows that it's quite common. Will be interesting to see the dramatic change in peoples attitudes if we get something from Celtic

IberianHibernian
28-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Our result and the Killie and Ross County ones show how little importance clubs give to cup competitions now . I`ve not seen anything this season to make me think that our supposed first team would have won easily tonight and I can see why Maybury and McPake were rested . Haven`t read anything from anyone who was at game so not clear that new players were more to blame than regulars - Maybury gifted a goal in Derby, McPake almost the same against St J ( if O`Hanlon or Stephens had made same mistakes what would reaction have been ? ) . Fenlon has had almost no options on bench in games so far so hopefully we`ll bring in a few more players this week and again in January and maybe some like Booth will get a loan deal elsewhere . Tonight wìll be a blow financially and for morale but also a reality check - present squad including first eleven is not nearly good enough if we want to make progress in league .

frazeHFC
28-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Were you at the game? It's not the defeat that annoys me, it was the players inability to compete with a division 2 team in terms of skill, fitness, passion, technique.....

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Was going today, but thankfully didn't make it in the end!! From those that did go can you enlighten us on any positives from individual performances tonight? Who/what didn't work? Any player ratings? Thanks

No positives whatsoever mate, it was that bad!!!

Captain Trips
28-08-2012, 09:10 PM

The context of the season is there are 2 cups we have a shout at winning, we are out of one to a team 2 leauges below us, the only context is unacceptable.

erin go bragh
28-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I must be at different games or expect a higher standard

Laurie Riley Sitting next to me on Saturday Half time i quote " thats got to be the worst football i have seen" full time ' we got 3 point"
Id expect you to spell at least one of his names right :greengrin

Lawrie Reilly :cb

PF should have played our strongest team ,end of .

ggtth

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I was sceptical about what a guy getting on for 36 had to offer, now looks like a panic signing by Fenlon, although the rest are just as bad. Proof positive we are still way short.

Wow.

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Id expect you to spell at least one of his names right :greengrin

Lawrie Reilly :cb

PF should have played our strongest team ,end of .

ggtth

thanks for the spell check

ronaldo7
28-08-2012, 09:14 PM

we should have gone with Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown But no some people can not see the woods for the trees

Pure .net class

Broon is a reject and JUMBO wouldn't have taken the job nor been accepted by many of the Hibernian fans.

S.sct
28-08-2012, 09:15 PM
It may be a poor loss but ffs give the whole doom and gloom thing a rest. Not the first time we've been knocked out by a smaller team and won't be the last. We played a weakened team which is fenlons fault but what we have to remember is that these smaller teams are always up for big games especially at home. Killie and Ross county also knocked out 2nite which shows that it's quite common. Will be interesting to see the dramatic change in peoples attitudes if we get something from Celtic

Well thats OK then......not expecting anything from Saturday so wont be disapointed.

Glory Lurker
28-08-2012, 09:16 PM

we should have gone with Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown
But no some people can not see the woods for the trees

Cheers, Chief - at last something on here that makes me smile!

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Pure .net class

Broon is a reject and JUMBO wouldn't have taken the job nor been accepted by many of the Hibernian fans.

you are the type of person am talking about and that is why Hibs wont move forward

JJ was the best person available at the time i could not care what creed or colour he is or what team he supports all I want is for MY team to win and maybe just maybe entertain me

is that wrong

Irish_Steve
28-08-2012, 09:23 PM
14 shots on target - get it sorted, Petrie!!!!!!

macca70
28-08-2012, 09:27 PM

But it's not just tonight and the fact we lost to a 2nd Division Team.

We were dreadful against Dundee United, average against an awful Hearts team, average against St Mirren which we were lucky to win as we rode our luck and terrible 1st half against St Johnston who could have been 2 or 3 up against us if they had anyone else upfront other than huddy Tade.

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 09:29 PM

We were dreadful against Dundee United, average against an awful Hearts team, average against St Mirren which we were lucky to win as we rode our luck and terrible 1st half against St Johnston who could have been 2 or 3 up against us if they had anyone else upfront other than huddy Tade.

At last someone has been to the same games as me

#FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Well thats OK then......not expecting anything from Saturday so wont be disapointed.

Neither am I tbh, but even a draw with a half decent performance and tonight will be erased from memory for most people on here....until our next defeat of course ;-)

Dinkydoo
28-08-2012, 09:32 PM
If you mean me then you could not be more wrong

I am only stating a point does not make me a Jambo but again thats how everyone thinks on here I am open for debate and I give my thoughts

i do not except poor workmanship from my staff I employ the what i think is the best person for the job could not care what team he supports i want results

JJ and BB were the best managerial options? Really?

You're correct though, stating a point does not make you a yam but it seems as though all you do is slate anyone associated with Hibs. Falkirk has also made some pretty suspicious posts IMO too but It doesn't automatically make him one of them either.....

I've already been warned so I don't want to continue this further; I probably shouldn't have said anything, nobody deserves to be called a Hearts fan without proper reason :wink:

J-C
28-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Ggtth.

This just goes to show how really bad our back up to 1st team players are, 4 changes and we turn into complete cack, I hope this shows everyone that the rebuilding is a vast vast job and may take 2-3 windows to get the job done.

The replacements need booted asap, as do the so called players with so called hidden talent just waiting to burst open, bye bye Booth, Kujabi, O'Hanlon, sproule, Galbraith ( yes I know he's injured ), these are the self same guys who have dragged our club to the depths of despair and are all still at the club, picking up wages and doing nowt. :confused::fuming:

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 09:38 PM
JJ and BB were the best managerial options? Really?

You're correct though, stating a point does not make you a yam but it seems as though all you do is slate anyone associated with Hibs. Falkirk has also made some pretty suspicious posts IMO too but It doesn't automatically make him one of them either.....

I've already been warned so I don't want to continue this further; I probably shouldn't have said anything, nobody deserves to be called a Hearts fan without proper reason :wink:

as I said you could not be more wrong 3K in 3 ST also says it

happiehibbie
28-08-2012, 09:40 PM
right Holby is on the guy with the hibs badge is in it

GGTTH

#FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Agreed but don't forget that we have been rank rotten for a long time. No matter what the board are feeding us about 'the summer of change' it's still going to take more than one summer to turn us around.
I'l take the positives from the last few games in that we have managed some decent results (tonight not included obv)

CallumLaidlaw
28-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Tweet from Griffiths -

Just want to apologise to every hibs fan that made the trip, terrible performance from every player, certainly a reality check! #sorry

ronaldo7
29-08-2012, 12:36 PM
you are the type of person am talking about and that is why Hibs wont move forward

JJ was the best person available at the time i could not care what creed or colour he is or what team he supports all I want is for MY team to win and maybe just maybe entertain me

is that wrong

what type of person would that be then? Do you know me?

Jumbo and broon would have been what we've been doing for yonks, and accepting the same old spl management merry go round again.

And as for those two planks being the best available, you're not spreading your net very far.

I'd say its you holding hibs back.

Jones28
29-08-2012, 02:54 PM

is that wrong

Worst managerial suggestion ever.

Not only would he never come to Hibs in a million years the fans would not accept him either. That is the same as Mancini and Ferguson swapping sides.

Fenlon is on the up, we have shown progress over the past 3 games and steadied the ship a wee bit. That is obviously no excuse for the result last night, but I am putting things in perspective. We have a game against the league champions on saturday and I think resting players last night was showing that the league is being taken seriously and anything in the cups is a bonus. Lets make sure we don't loose the plot. Better Hibs teams have gone out of cup competitions to worse teams than QOTS.

happiehibbie
29-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Worst managerial suggestion ever.

Not only would he never come to Hibs in a million years the fans would not accept him either. That is the same as Mancini and Ferguson swapping sides.

Fenlon is on the up, we have shown progress over the past 3 games and steadied the ship a wee bit. That is obviously no excuse for the result last night, but I am putting things in perspective. We have a game against the league champions on saturday and I think resting players last night was showing that the league is being taken seriously and anything in the cups is a bonus. Lets make sure we don't loose the plot. Better Hibs teams have gone out of cup competitions to worse teams than QOTS.

you and I must have diffrent levels of what we want from our team i have saw no improvememnt in the last 3 years never mind the last 3 games

we have been knocked out of cups before but and its a BIG but i expect to see a huge improvement not getting VFM thats for sure

JimBHibees
29-08-2012, 03:30 PM
well said

we are murder

we dont have the players to change things around

Thats palpably bollox we have taken 7 out of our last 9 league points. Add another 2 or 3 players and get rid of some of the dross if possible and we should with a bit of luck in terms of injuries be ok.

DH1875
29-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Who is then?

How about Uncle Fester.

The minute we let Yogi go we should have got Stuart McCall through the door.

ronaldo7
29-08-2012, 03:49 PM
The minute we let Yogi go we should have got Stuart McCall through the door.

No disagreement here. He's got the Muthers playing well with limited resources:agree:

ronaldo7
29-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Pure .net class

is that wrong

what type of person would that be then? Do you know me?

Jumbo and broon would have been what we've been doing for yonks, and accepting the same old spl management merry go round again.

And as for those two planks being the best available, you're not spreading your net very far.

I'd say its you holding hibs back.

Come on then Happiehibbie, what type of person. I'm intrigued.:rolleyes:

WindyMiller
29-08-2012, 07:25 PM

The Deuchars and the Chicken Caesar Salad in the "Robert the Bruce" were very tasty.

Doyle made a big difference but was brought on way too late.

Fell asleep for most of the return journey.

Hope this helps.

:cb

ronaldo7
30-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Come on then Happiehibbie, what type of person. I'm intrigued.:rolleyes:

:tumble:

MSK
30-08-2012, 06:35 PM
:tumble:Why dont you just drop it ..:aok:

ronaldo7
30-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Why dont you just drop it ..:aok: