PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Queen of the South 2 vs. Hibs 0

Pages : 1 2 [3]

johnbc70
28-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Anything we get against Celtic is a bonus IMO, I would much rather have still been in the cup and taken a defeat at Parkhead on Saturday.

100% :agree: Would gladly take a beating on Saturday to still be in with a chance of a trophy and another memorable day out at Hampden than 3 points at Parkhead.

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Seriously, this is ridiculous. We have people moaning at the manager, we have people moaning at the players, we have people moaning that people are moaning at the manager and players, we have people moaning at the people moaning that people are moaning.

We don't half do this well.

The result is shocking and the team should not have been changed so much. We should have gone far in this cup but once again we are out before the run even begins. But still, we are only 4 SPL games into the season and still have the Scottish Cup to compete in. One of the worst teams in Hibs' history got to the Scottish Cup final last year so who the hell is to say we can't do it again. We are hopefully looking to get another few signings in and continue to develop. People calling for Fenlon's sacking are absolutely ridiculous IMHO

This result should be a reality check for a few on here. We might me lying 2nd in the league just now but in the 2 games we have won we have carried a fair bit of luck. We might have improved from last season but we still look a mid table side at best.
Take McPake out the team and we are relegation fodder

Speedway
28-08-2012, 08:57 PM
People having a go at Fenlon :rolleyes:
Despite the changes, that team, SHOULD have won today. They didn't play well and that is down to them. It is much better that McPake, easily our best defender was rested and remained fit, rather than being risked and injured during a scrappy sort of game, in which there are generally more fouls. Booth is a youngster who is highly rated by many on here, he was given a chance and didn't take it. Kujabi, many, many fans said he should have been played in left midfield, he was and he wasn't good enough. O'Hanlon is an experienced player, who had made improved performances late last season, he should have been enough.

All in all, it's obviously a poor result, but what matters is that we have kept key players fit and now we know a wee bit more about some of our fringe players. Get over it.

What matters is that we've got even more chance of making a loss again this season and that means people lose their jobs so if it's all the same, I won't get over it just yet.

inglisavhibs
Where have you been the last 2 weeks? :rolleyes:

Anyone who witnessed the 1st half on Saturday should not be surprised by this result. The team lacks strength, pace and are tactically inept. We have no method of getting forward and defend niaively without much organisation. In truth, had St Johntone scored the goal there play deserved in that 1st half we would have lost that game too. The lack of money at most of our rivals probably means that we will escape a relegation battle this season but I fear there will be little real progress under another poor manager.

edwards
We are out get over it folks and move on took Queens for granted and got what we deserved, Griffiths missed two glaring chances when he normaly scores.
Well done Queens all the best in the next round.
If Paddy was unsure who he needed to empty he does now

Kujabi
O'Hanlon
Galbraith
Go get us a few players before this window shuts Paddy

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 08:58 PM
What? 2nd in the league after 4 games so what!
We should have beaten Qos full stop.

Will only get excited if we are 2nd top half way through season. Werent we top of league with john collins? Where were we when he jumped ship?

Under JC? When we still had some quality players before they were flogged? Before we had that double whammy of Yogi and CC to destroy our club?

I'd love to know where some people learned about football on here. A certain section of our support seem to be the least knowledgable about football outside the old firm. It's crazy.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Fair enough...........apologies, i will try and calm down a bit. :agree:

Thank you :aok:

Hibee Ryan
We are out get over it folks and move on took Queens for granted and got what we deserved, Griffiths missed two glaring chances when he normaly scores.

Kujabi
O'Hanlon
Galbraith

Personally I don't think we'll see Galbraith in a Hibs strip again if Fenlon rates Kujabi as better than him

Speedway
If we win the Scottish cup this season or finish second in the league, people will forget about this result. I, like every Hibs fan, would rather win the Scottish cup or finish second in the league.

I want to be in the next round but the fringe players let us down big time tonight. Hibs have taken a bad blow tonight but this season is far from over! :pfgwa

We've got form for delivering both of those outcomes right enough.

Brooster
28-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Every one of them were poor and off the pace, no effort, simply not good enough. The queens centre will never have an easier night playing against kuqi who was slower than me and never once jumped off the ground.

Hibee Ryan
We've got form for delivering both of those outcomes right enough.

Our league cup record has a lot to be desired as well.

I agree with everyone on here saying we shouldn't of lost but I'm looking at the positives

chrisski33
If we win the Scottish cup this season or finish second in the league, people will forget about this result. I, like every Hibs fan, would rather win the Scottish cup or finish second in the league.

I want to be in the next round but the fringe players let us down big time tonight. Hibs have taken a bad blow tonight but this season is far from over! :pfgwa

No i would have liked hibs to have won this cup too!

edinburghhibee
On route back from the game an here is my piece:

We were shocking tonight, that wasn't a terribly weakened side we played the only changes we made were o'hanlon (terrible) kujabi (should never wear a hibs shirt or training bib ever again) booth (didn't even realise he was playing till he got subbed at ht) and kuqi (very poor never won many balls in the air) 4 players who will not play much for hibs in the upcoming season with the exception of kuqi.

Started to create only when Doyle came on but nothing spectacular. QOS deserved there 2-0 win they were first and second to 9/10 balls tonight. O'hanlon and pa should never be wearing hibs kits ever again shocking.

That was embarrassing hope the cameras weren't there tonight.

Speedway

Kujabi
O'Hanlon
Galbraith

He knew that before tonight as he's been trying to punt all three all summer...which makes tonight's selection even more damning.

Vault Boy
What matters is that we've got even more chance of making a loss again this season and that means people lose their jobs so if it's all the same, I won't get over it just yet.

It's better to be forgotten about, dwelling on it will only hinder progress. We had 3 good games in the league prior to this result, if we get too frustrated, we risk undoing the improvements.

jabis
28-08-2012, 09:01 PM
No excuses will do for me tonight. That's a shocker. QoS played great. Well done to them.

But FFS Hibs !! A Div 2 team. No matter how well they played individually and as a team - we should still have turned them over. No excuse.

as the song goes"THATS LIFE>>>>"

Speedway
28-08-2012, 09:03 PM

I agree with everyone on here saying we shouldn't of lost but I'm looking at the positives

And I admire you for it. I do not see any positives from this evening's result.

Hibee Ryan
No i would have liked hibs to have won this cup too!

So would I!! But realistically we can have one, two at a push of the three, our squad doesn't have enough depth, proven tonight, to win all three. A couple of injuries tonight to McPake, if he'd played, and Griffiths would have been a lot worse

TornadoHibby
So do you agree that regardless of the circumstances, playing a weakened team in a cup tie is a sacking offence? That's what was being said and that's what I used the analogy for because both of those esteemed managers did just that but were not sacked

JB, surprised you're keeping this one going tbh!

However, let me be clearer than I thought that I had already been.

A manager should not be sacked for a single incident like tonight's pathetic Hibs defeat to QOS.

The comparison of the quality of MUFC & Arsenal fielded 'weakened teams' being anywhere close to the quality of a 'weakened' Hibs team is so ridiculous as to make it irrelevant other than to confirm that either of the first two teams would be considerably more likely to win their match than the (not) 'comparable' Hibs team.

jabis
28-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Shocking result.

Just when things were beginning to look a bit more positive, we get this kind of result.

Pathetic!

just when we thought we had a support............pathetic !

Sir David Gray
There's a possibility we might lose to Celtic? :panic:

Like it or not, even after four games when you consider the mess CC left us under and how everyone agreed it'd take 2-3 seasons to sort the mess out, 2nd in the SPL is a very good achievement.

But we don't do thinking here on .net so :panic:

Sorry but you cannot make any sort of judgement on where you are in the league table after four matches.

14? maybe.
24? defintely.

Being 2nd in the league just now shows signs of encouragement but in no way can it be described as an achievement.

Vault Boy
Hopefully this gives Fenlon and the board an extra incentive to get those other two targets in, the likes of Wotherspoon would benefit from appearing as a substitute more often than starting IMO.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2012, 09:05 PM
just when we thought we had a support............pathetic !

:confused:

fatbloke
28-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Have you got a microscope or are you delusional. Please do not defend the indefensible.

joe breezy
28-08-2012, 09:06 PM
We'll all look back and laugh when we win the league this season....

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 09:06 PM
And I admire you for it. I do not see any positives from this evening's result.

Oh no, the only positives from tonight are there are no injuries, that's all I can come up with and maybe this results confirms to Fenlon that he needs to get rid of at least 3/4 players

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 09:07 PM
JB, surprised you're keeping this one going tbh!

However, let me be clearer than I thought that I had already been.

A manager should not be sacked for a single incident like tonight's pathetic Hibs defeat to QOS.

The comparison of the quality of MUFC & Arsenal fielded 'weakened teams' being anywhere close to the quality of a 'weakened' Hibs team is so ridiculous as to make it irrelevant other than to confirm that either of the first two teams would be considerably more likely to win their match than the (not) 'comparable' Hibs team.

I'm surprised you've once again missed my point :greengrin

The only point I was making was that a defeat in a cup tie because a weakened team was fielded was not in itself reason to sack a manager as one poster (who hates PF and never misses a chance to have a dig) was suggesting.

Let's forget my poor analogy and just concentrate on the one point!

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Sorry but you cannot make any sort of judgement on where you are in the league table after four matches.

14? maybe.
24? defintely.

Being 2nd in the league just now shows signs of encouragement but in no way can it be described as an achievement.

After the last two seasons 2nd in the league after four games is a sign of encouragement.

Something most of this board was hinting at before this game, but hey, what's the point of logic when you can :panic:?

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Have you got a microscope or are you delusional. Please do not defend the indefensible.

Should of made myself clearer, my bad. I meant positives for the season ahead, not for tonight. As I just posted the only positives of tonight are we returned with no injuries, that's the best I can muster

R'Albin
28-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Do some people around here not understand opinions? Just because someone is unhappy with the result doesn't mean that they're not as good a fan as you or whatever, it's hardly ridiculous being annoyed after we've been pumped out the cup by a Div1 team is it?

Northernhibee

He's not defending the result. Read it again.

jabis
:confused:

yup........any bad result,and there go the "pathetic" guff,from people who should know better.

TornadoHibby
28-08-2012, 09:10 PM

The only point I was making was that a defeat in a cup tie because a weakened team was fielded was not in itself reason to sack a manager as one poster (who hates PF and never misses a chance to have a dig) was suggesting.

Read my post again JB, I didn't miss that point although I didn't repeat your wording when I expressed my view on your point (that I didn't miss!) :wink: :greengrin

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Do some people around here not understand opinions? Just because someone is unhappy with the result doesn't mean that they're not as good a fan as you or whatever, it's hardly ridiculous being annoyed after we've been pumped out the cup by a Div1 team is it?

Theres a difference between being unhappy about the result and making pants-on-head idiotic statements about sacking the manager or dismissing the progress we've undeniably made in the SPL so far.

gackohibs
28-08-2012, 09:12 PM
as disappointed with the result as i am, i cant really complain TBH.

we never played our full strength squad, for a number of reasons and were punished accordingly by what sounds like a very comfortable, organised and confident Queens team!

Il be at the game on saturday fully backing the team. Its not the first league cup weve been knocked out of.
Surely tonight was the evidence needed to boot out the wasters ala Kujabi and O'Hanlon...

In Pat we Trust. GGTTH

:flag:

Jonnyboy
Read my post again JB, I didn't miss that point although I didn't repeat your wording when I expressed my view on your point (that I didn't miss!) :wink: :greengrin

Nah, I'm confused enough already :greengrin

fatbloke
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;3342425]True. Too many on here seem DELIGHTED that we've lost in order to carry on their petty agenda.QUOTE]

my northern friend please note along with many others I have no petty agenda. It's just that after 51 years, an absolute fortune spent watching Hibs and precious little in return - including being told that although a shareholder in our club this would not help me get a cup final ticket - I am sick of the imposters who seem to permeate my club from top to bottom. Does that explain it to you.

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2012, 09:13 PM

although it doesn't sound as bad when it's a Div 1 team...Q.o.S are in Div 2

:(

agree with the rest tho :agree:

Ozyhibby
28-08-2012, 09:14 PM

Let's be clear, I don't hate Pat Fenlon. Never met the man.
What I hate is his record as Hibs manager. His poor eye for a player and his tactics during games.
If all that improves then I'll be happy to acknowledge him as the great manager you obviously think he is.

Kris1875
Was there a game on tonight ???

Hiber-nation
If this result proves anything its how much this team depends on James McPake.

And don't give me any of the stuff about that mistake he made on Saturday - if the likes of O'Hanlon had been playing we'd have been 3 down at HT.

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:15 PM
as disappointed with the result as i am, i cant really complain TBH.

we never played our full strength squad, for a number of reasons and were punished accordingly by what sounds like a very comfortable, organised and confident Queens team!

Il be at the game on saturday fully backing the team. Its not the first league cup weve been knocked out of.
Surely tonight was the evidence needed to boot out the wasters ala Kujabi and O'Hanlon...

In Pat we Trust. GGTTH

:flag:

Yep.

Plenty on here said they wanted Booth to get a chance and he was mince and I'd not lose sleep if we released him, some wanted to see Kujabi at left mid and ditto releasing him. O'Hanlon had a great performance last season and he should have reproduced it again today and didn't - quite happy to see him go.

We also forget that on here Sparky is beyond criticism and he was atrocious and could have won the game for us had he taken his chances, but oddly he's not getting any of the vitriol?

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Let's be clear, I don't hate Pat Fenlon. Never met the man.
What I hate is his record as Hibs manager. His poor eye for a player and his tactics during games.
If all that improves then I'll be happy to acknowledge him as the great manager you obviously think he is.

OK lets be clear as you say. The day he was appointed you made it clear what you thought of him. At that point he had no record.

I don't think he's a great manager. I just think he doesn't deserve constant sniping when results are poor and no praise when the results are good - from you that is

Speedway
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;3342425]True. Too many on here seem DELIGHTED that we've lost in order to carry on their petty agenda.QUOTE]

my northern friend please note along with many others I have no petty agenda. It's just that after 51 years, an absolute fortune spent watching Hibs and precious little in return - including being told that although a shareholder in our club this would not help me get a cup final ticket - I am sick of the imposters who seem to permeate my club from top to bottom. Does that explain it to you.

This.

Defeats don't hurt anything like they used to but they still have enough juice in them to really p me off.

Fantic
Can anyone at the game confirm if the pies were any good.

Saorsa
Well for me this result shows one thing, this squad as a whole isnae good enough. A reason able starting 11 plus a few others then we're in trouble. If we pick up injuries and have tae rely on the likes of O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Stephens, etc. we're going tae be in trouble again. Get the purse open Petrie.

jabis
28-08-2012, 09:17 PM

I reccomend being a R(The) rangers fan :agree:

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 09:18 PM
It's a pitiful night but it's happened before and it will happen again. We don't have the players to be guaranteed anything at any Scottish ground. Serious question mark over Fenlon again though.

Speedway
28-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Can anyone at the game confirm if the pies were any good.

Dunno I threw mine at Kujabi before I got a chance to bite it. It skinned him and got a cross into the box with it's weaker foot.

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:19 PM

It doesn't in the slightest.

This bad result aside we're showing real signs of progress, and some on here appear delighted when we lose and unwilling to give credit where it's due.

Today was a poor result, very poor. However this year our main objective is to get ourselves back to being a top six club and show progress. A cup run would be a bonus and when we get to the Scottish cup we'll have a full compliment of players good enough for the club and will be all the stronger for it.

basehibby
28-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Well this has certainly given us confirmation (as if we needed it) that we're only a couple of injury/suspensions away from being crap again. Miscalculation by Fenlon in shuffling the pack so much IMO with Doyle, Wotherspoon and Maybury starting on the bench so all presumably available for selection.

I can understand if McPake needed resting and maybe giving Kuqui a start to help his fitness but the rest of the changes seemed needless. He encountered enough lower league opposition during his cup run last season so I'm surprised at Fenlon seeming to underestimate the challenge posed by QOS on this occasion. I'm a PF fan but he deserves to take the rap for this disappointing cup exit.

If I can draw any positive from what sounded like a duff performance harking back to last season then it's the hope that it will light a fire under the collective erses of all concerned with bringing in fresh talent to the squad over the next few days!

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=fatbloke;3342591]

This bad result aside we're showing real signs of progress, and some on here appear delighted when we lose and unwilling to give credit where it's due.

Today was a poor result, very poor. However this year our main objective is to get ourselves back to being a top six club and show progress. A cup run would be a bonus and when we get to the Scottish cup we'll have a full compliment of players good enough for the club and will be all the stronger for it.

:top marks:top marks

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Name them. What managers would get sacked for one bad result after visible progress?

This should be a laugh.

Calderwood and Hughes spring to mind :wink:

A few more results like this is the run up to the AGM could easily see Fenlon go the same way.

I'm not saying he should or will go but whatever way you look at it this was a shocking result and a huge mistake by PF.

This has undone all the good work of the last few weeks. Petrie will not be happy.

Speedway
28-08-2012, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=fatbloke;3342591]

A good way to achieve those things is to have some cash available through...oh I dunno....a cup run perhaps.

R'Albin
28-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Theres a difference between being unhappy about the result and making pants-on-head idiotic statements about sacking the manager or dismissing the progress we've undeniably made in the SPL so far.

Yeah I agree that even contemplating sacking Fenlon on this one result is sheer lunacy, however I would hardly say we've made much progress in the SPL. We've won 2 games, one of which sounded pretty fortunate, drew against a god-awful Yams side and got humped off of United. Yeah it's a much better start than I imagined, but it's not exactly spectacular.

although it doesn't sound as bad when it's a Div 1 team...Q.o.S are in Div 2

:(

Jesus never even realised, wow that is a crap result.

IWasThere2016
28-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I've got to agree with the majority here - in the big picture, 3 points on Saturday means **** all compared to going out - meekly at that - in one of the two trophies we can reasonably hope to win. The players should have been good enought to beat QOS, but Paddy should know them well enough by now to know that some of them simply cannot be relied upon.

Bang on the money!

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;3342617]

A good way to achieve those things is to have some cash available through...oh I dunno....a cup run perhaps.

You also need time to sign them, you need to test your backups in a competitive game to see if they're good enough (and Booth, Kujabi, O'Hanlon and Stephens clearly aren't) and then assess where to strengthen unless you have unlimited resources.

jabis
28-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah I agree that even contemplating sacking Fenlon on this one result is sheer lunacy, however I would hardly say we've made much progress in the SPL. We've won 2 games, one of which sounded pretty fortunate, drew against a god-awful Yams side and got humped off of United. Yeah it's a much better start than I imagined, but it's not exactly spectacular.

Jesus never even realised, wow that is a crap result.

splendid,get you're celtic strip on if you want instant gratification.

basehibby
28-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Yep.

Plenty on here said they wanted Booth to get a chance and he was mince and I'd not lose sleep if we released him, some wanted to see Kujabi at left mid and ditto releasing him. O'Hanlon had a great performance last season and he should have reproduced it again today and didn't - quite happy to see him go.

We also forget that on here Sparky is beyond criticism and he was atrocious and could have won the game for us had he taken his chances, but oddly he's not getting any of the vitriol?

Sparky has shown on many occasions what he can do and all strikers have their off days - why? your not suggesting we should dump him as well are you :confused:

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Calderwood and Hughes spring to mind :wink:

A few more results like this is the run up to the AGM could easily see Fenlon go the same way.

I'm not saying he should or will go but whatever way you look at it this was a shocking result and a huge mistake by PF.

This has undone all the good work of the last few weeks. Petrie will not be happy.

Calderwood and Hughes showed no signs of progress. Both showed signs of taking our team backwards and failed to take 7 points from 12 to begin their respective last seasons.

It only undoes the good work if no lessons are learned or if you're going to be pishing the bed tonight. It's now clear that our back-ups are way off the quality required to be a part of our squad.

The Voice Of Reason
[QUOTE=Speedway;3342626]

You also need time to sign them, you need to test your backups in a competitive game to see if they're good enough (and Booth, Kujabi, O'Hanlon and Stephens clearly aren't) and then assess where to strengthen unless you have unlimited resources.

So kujabi isn't good enough you say.............who signed him in the first place ?!?

R'Albin

What the ****? :hilarious

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Sparky has shown on many occasions what he can do and all strikers have their off days - why? your not suggesting we should dump him as well are you :confused:

Can't our manager or our squad have their off day without being dumped? Can't O'Hanlon? Booth? Pat Fenlon has showed so far this season that he's getting real progress from our squad. Why? You're not suggesting we should dump him as well are you?

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:31 PM
So kujabi isn't good enough you say.............who signed him in the first place ?!?

Pat Fenlon.

In a transfer window that is the most difficult to get quality players in, when we had no LB that was near good enough for the squad and we absolutely had to get somebody in.

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Dodds said Hibs were terrible tonight.

I was worried at half time on Saturday as St Johnstone could have been two or three up ha it not been for a bit luck.

Respected journalists mentioning that Hibs two last wins were very fortuitous and were merely papering over the cracks.

I am gutted about tonight but I am not knee jerking. I was worried when I seen how many chances we gave st mitten and I was worried when I seen the chances we gave st Johnstone.

We are still a very poor side despite 2nd place!

Hiber-nation
28-08-2012, 09:34 PM

That comment is just ridiculous.

eastmainsmsh
Sorry if posted Sandy Clarks son NICKY opened the scoring tonight :brickwall

We wouldve been better with the Crimper Nicky Clarke as Kujabi n co :agree:

Ozyhibby
OK lets be clear as you say. The day he was appointed you made it clear what you thought of him. At that point he had no record.

I don't think he's a great manager. I just think he doesn't deserve constant sniping when results are poor and no praise when the results are good - from you that is

When he starts getting good results consistently I'll praise him.
I did not criticise him the day he signed.
I did however criticise him in the January transfer window for not moving quickly enough to sort out our defence.
It's still not sorted.
Like I say, when he gets better I'll praise him all day long but let's face it, even you don't believe that will happen but you have a bee in your bunnet because I criticised him early in the job.

NAE NOOKIE
To call for PFs sacking after this result is just daft.

But:

To make any sort of excuse or try to come up with reasons why a result like this can in any way be acceptable / or accepted is itsself unacceptable. A full time professional football club should be able to put a team on the park capable of knocking a lower league team out of the cup.

Our new club credo that we will no longer be a soft touch already looks like a load of hogwash. If this had been a defeat from an SPL club or even a club doing well at the top of the first division, then OK, hard to take but perhaps things didnt go our way.

But that wasnt the case here. Perhaps I missed the bit on the club's website where it said that we are awash with cash and can afford to meekly go out of a competition which may have given us an away trip to Parkhead or Ibrox or a home draw against the Yams with all the financial benefits that go with that. I couldnt care less what the reasons were for this result.

After the last few seasons nobody, but nobody .... especially me .... was expecting Hibs to come out this season all guns blazing and take the league by storm or knock the Yams out of the League Cup at the PBS or Celtic out of the Scottish Cup at Parkhead.

I did expect ............ NO ... I ****ING WELL DEMAND ....... Better than this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gggggggggggggggggggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Pat Fenlon.

In a transfer window that is the most difficult to get quality players in, when we had no LB that was near good enough for the squad and we absolutely had to get somebody in.

Ok - thanks Pat. :aok:

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2012, 09:35 PM

You are either on glue or you are a troll.

Speedway
28-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Sorry if posted Sandy Clarks son NICKY opened the scoring tonight :brickwall

We wouldve been better with the Crimper Nicky Clarke as Kujabi n co :agree:

We would've been better with a photo booth on the left rather than Callum Booth an' all.

But the good news is that, according to the Beeb, we're out of the Scottish Cup tonight and we never win that one anyway so the League Cup is still a goer.

BarneyK
28-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Dodds said Hibs were terrible tonight.

I was worried at half time on Saturday as St Johnstone could have been two or three up ha it not been for a bit luck.

Respected journalists mentioning that Hibs two last wins were very fortuitous and were merely papering over the cracks.

I am gutted about tonight but I am not knee jerking. I was worried when I seen how many chances we gave st mitten and I was worried when I seen the chances we gave st Johnstone.

We are still a very poor side despite 2nd place!

Luke Shanley said that just after admitting he hadn't actually seen us in the flesh this season. Hardly informed.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Pat Fenlon.

You say that kujabi "clearly isn't good enough" and yet it was you that signed him Pat.

Not the sign of a good manager Pat.

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 09:40 PM
You are either on glue or you are a troll.

Neither, just not all doom and gloom. I look forward to the season. Tonight is a blip albeit a major one, we'll recover and I still believe we can achieve something this season :aok:

Northernhibee
Ok - thanks Pat. :aok:

Want to thank him for bringing in McPake, a very promising keeper in Williams, Deegan who has run the midfield in the last three SPL games, Cairney who has put in huge effort and done well in the last three SPL games, Doyle who has shown intelligent play and has been a good partner to Griffiths, Maybury who has been good so far and plugged the gap at the back and the other successful signings as well?

BarneyK
You say that kujabi "clearly isn't good enough" and yet it was you that signed him Pat.

:rolleyes:

chrisski33
28-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Under JC? When we still had some quality players before they were flogged? Before we had that double whammy of Yogi and CC to destroy our club?

I'd love to know where some people learned about football on here. A certain section of our support seem to be the least knowledgable about football outside the old firm. It's crazy.

Aye cos ur the most knowledgeable football fan on here! banging on about being 2nd in the league after 4 games!

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 09:44 PM
When he starts getting good results consistently I'll praise him.
I did not criticise him the day he signed.
I did however criticise him in the January transfer window for not moving quickly enough to sort out our defence.
It's still not sorted.
Like I say, when he gets better I'll praise him all day long but let's face it, even you don't believe that will happen but you have a bee in your bunnet because I criticised him early in the job.

Nae bees in my bunnet :greengrin

You criticise him a lot but rarely offer praise if the team win. Must he string together loads of results to earn any praise from you?

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Luke Shanley said that just after admitting he hadn't actually seen us in the flesh this season. Hardly informed.

I think Luke knows more than enough about this Hibs side to be allowed to have that opinion.

scuttle
Want to thank him for bringing in McPake, a very promising keeper in Williams, Deegan who has run the midfield in the last three SPL games, Cairney who has put in huge effort and done well in the last three SPL games, Doyle who has shown intelligent play and has been a good partner to Griffiths, Maybury who has been good so far and plugged the gap at the back and the other successful signings as well?

Your hands must be really sore all the happy clapping you do. Try to remember its a forum and your viewpoint isnt always correct

Speedway

Just had this image of players trudging dejectedly into the dressing room and the manager is sat glued to a laptop exchanging online insults here at .net.

Beefster
Calderwood and Hughes showed no signs of progress. Both showed signs of taking our team backwards and failed to take 7 points from 12 to begin their respective last seasons.

It only undoes the good work if no lessons are learned or if you're going to be pishing the bed tonight. It's now clear that our back-ups are way off the quality required to be a part of our squad.

That's just utter nonsense. At one point Hughes had us flying (before it all went Pete Tong) and Calderwood had us something like 8 games unbeaten after the January window. It's only with the benefit of hindsight that you can say that both failed - you wouldn't have been saying that at the time(s).

It's fine to back Fenlon but coming out with revisionist rubbish about other managers not having any signs of improvement during their tenure does your argument no favours.

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Aye cos ur the most knowledgeable football fan on here! banging on about being 2nd in the league after 4 games!

I'm not far off it. I have indeed, as you have pointed out, noticed that we are second in the league after four games. I'd better learn what shape the ball is, otherwise I might be overtaken to 3rd most knowledgable poster by Big Bird from Sesame Street. They're quite good at recognising two numbers as well.

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Bang on the money!

Exactly. It would have made more sense to have played our stongest possible side tonight and rested players against Celtic. The League Cup is our best chance of a trophy. We will probably lose heavily on Sat anyway and so what, there are plenty more league games to come. We now have to wait till Jan 2013 for our next chance of a cup run.

jabis
28-08-2012, 09:48 PM
That comment is just ridiculous.

why ?....just because it's you're buddy,just remember, for every whingemonger on this HIBS.NET supporter page,for every crap post,there is 1,000 people disagreeing,I just happen to post my feelings as a Hibs supporter.

Northernhibee
Your hands must be really sore all the happy clapping you do. Try to remember its a forum and your viewpoint isnt always correct

Are you trying to say that the likes of McPake are pish?

BarneyK
I think Luke knows more than enough about this Hibs side to be allowed to have that opinion.

Everyone's allowed an opinion, J. Just saying it's maybe not the most informed having not seen us this season.

The Voice Of Reason
Just had this image of players trudging dejectedly into the dressing room and the manager is sat glued to a laptop exchanging online insults here at .net.

:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom

Not sure who the journalists in question are but I was at the St Mirren and St Johnstone games and wouldn't say either victory was undeserved. We were under the cosh at times in both games but also had opportunities to score again in both games and probably deserved both wins. I should add we should have won the derby too IMO.

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Neither, just not all doom and gloom. I look forward to the season. Tonight is a blip albeit a major one, we'll recover and I still believe we can achieve something this season :aok:

give it another 50 years and you will soon change your tune.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Everyone's allowed an opinion, J. Just saying it's maybe not the most informed having not seen us this season.

Pretty sure he gets and watches recordings of all the games and so he may not have seen us in the flesh as it were .........

scuttle
28-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Are you trying to say that the likes of McPake are pish?

Dont twist it, I never mentioned anyone my dig is at you, because your never wrong

BarneyK
28-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Pretty sure he gets and watches recordings of all the games and so he may not have seen us in the flesh as it were .........

He's a busy man you know. And his thoughts would be 100% understandable if he's been relying on the Beeb's highlights package :wink:

chrisski33
I'm not far off it. I have indeed, as you have pointed out, noticed that we are second in the league after four games. I'd better learn what shape the ball is, otherwise I might be overtaken to 3rd most knowledgable poster by Big Bird from Sesame Street. They're quite good at recognising two numbers as well.

Noone likes a smartarse

Jonnyboy
He's a busy man you know. And his thoughts would be 100% understandable if he's been relying on the Beeb's highlights package :wink:

:greengrin

R'Albin

Thank you for this image :hilarious

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 09:53 PM
give it another 50 years and you will soon change your tune.

I've got a few good years of happy clapping left in me :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

R'Albin
28-08-2012, 09:55 PM
why ?....just because it's you're buddy,just remember, for every whingemonger on this HIBS.NET supporter page,for every crap post,there is 1,000 people disagreeing,I just happen to post my feelings as a Hibs supporter.

Well probably because you replied to one of my posts, which, I still don't see anything wrong with, branding me a Celtic fan :confused:

jabis
28-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Well probably because you replied to one of my posts, which, I still don't see anything wrong with, branding me a Celtic fan :confused:

:greengrin I apologise,slag off Hibs and you incur my wrath :greengrin

basehibby
28-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Can't our manager or our squad have their off day without being dumped? Can't O'Hanlon? Booth? Pat Fenlon has showed so far this season that he's getting real progress from our squad. Why? You're not suggesting we should dump him as well are you?

I too am down in the dumps at being dumped - but dumping Pat would be the act of a dumpling IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2012, 10:04 PM
The change in attitude required at Hibernian F.C. should not just be the preserve of those running and playing for the club.

For bloody years we, the clubs supporters, have put up with results like tonights and been willing to rationalise them with talk of missing players, or off nights, or the league is more important, or theres still the Scottish Cup .... or whatever.

Well screw that:

This was Queen of the South.

This was an important competition.

This was unacceptable ........ end of story.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2012, 10:06 PM
The change in attitude required at Hibernian F.C. should not just be the preserve of those running and playing for the club.

For bloody years we, the clubs supporters, have put up with results like tonights and been willing to rationalise them with talk of missing players, or off nights, or the league is more important, or theres still the Scottish Cup .... or whatever.

Well screw that:

SPOT ON ! :top marks

Hibernian Verse
28-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm so glad I'm in Brewdog Aberdeen and totally forgot we were even playing tonight until Calvino texted saying it was 2-0.

Mon eh Hibs, life goes on. Go and have a drink!

jabis
28-08-2012, 10:09 PM

Well screw that:

no,if we give PF the time,it's the start of the learning process....end of story.

see what I did there

khib70
28-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Well screw that:

:top marks

Disgusted this has happened again, and more disgusted with attention seeking uberfans banging on about bad nights at the office and spouting drivel about how the League Cup doesn't matter. Putting up with this year on year makes you a fool, not a fan. How bad do we have to get before it dawns on some people that it's just not acceptable.

And anyone who thinks we have the slightest chance of beating Celtc at the weekend - time for your medication!

jiggerman
28-08-2012, 10:14 PM
This was always likely to happen, if not tonight then in the league or the Scottish cup-we are stillmassive work in progress. Accept it, lets move on.

jabis
28-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Disgusted this has happened again, and more disgusted with attention seeking uberfans banging on about bad nights at the office and spouting drivel about how the League Cup doesn't matter. Putting up with this year on year makes you a fool, not a fan. How bad do we have to get before it dawns on some people that it's just not acceptable.

And anyone who thinks we have the slightest chance of beating Celtc at the weekend - time for your medication!

you forgot to add you were a Hibs SUPPORTER.

or do you wear a wee cheeky greeen and white stripey top at the weekend,to get you're rocks off ?

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Just when you think things couldn't get any more embarrassing after the cup final in May we get a result like this.

I really thought after the cup final Fenlon would have been humbled, more thoughtful and determined to make us a harder team to beat and have more humility.

Instead he's in the papers saying that we're going to win the league cup and then fields a weakened Hibs team against QOS , i ****in despair.

A decent cup run is essential to Hibs success in making more money. The league game against Celtic is an irrelevance as we're not going to make any money from that game.

For those banging on about being 2nd in the league - even duff Jimmy was 1st in the league after 5 games i'm sure.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 10:24 PM
As an aside the percentage possession and shots on target stats from the BBC hardly seem to support the views expressed by Billy Dodds. The hun midget said we were never in the game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340440

PS Am really only posting this to have a pop at Dodds and NOT to suggest we weren't really that bad :wink:

khib70
28-08-2012, 10:24 PM
?

I've been a Hibs supporter for a lot longer than you've been alive. And certainly long enough not to be called a Celtc fan by a half-cut poseur like you. That's the second time you've accused a fellow Hibby of the same thing on this thread because they dare to disagree with you.

I'm sure your attempts to look big in front of your mates will be the talk of the playground tomorrow

givescotlandfreedom
28-08-2012, 10:28 PM
PS Am really only posting this to have a pop at Dodds and NOT to suggest we weren't really that bad :wink:

There's no shame in that :agree:

One Day Soon
28-08-2012, 10:36 PM
We were utter gash last season (following several seasons of gashness) culminating in not even showing up for the cup final. The poverty of that squad, it's spinelessness and the ingrained George Street culture meant for me a three year rebuilding programme. I find it completely unsurprising that we are out of the cup.

Frankly I'm astonished by our start to the league. You can cut it any way you like - if we had been offered 7 points from games against Dundee Utd, Hearts, St Mirren and St Johnstone last season we would have taken your hand off for it.

Our next three years realistically should be: 1st year - don't get relegated, 2nd year - finish top six, 3rd year - get european place. Anything else is an unexpected bonus.

Just because we have endured crap for a very long time does not mean that the laws of football are suspended. We don't somehow automatically go from utter crap to good almost literally overnight no matter how much we may feel we deserve it.

If you are disappointed tonight you better prepare for more of the same over this season. Fenlon is rebuilding this club and team and that is a task which takes time, patience and trial and error. He has barely started the job. He stopped us from being relegated last season when we were dropping like a stone. He's started better than expected in the league so far. The cup's a disappointment but no surprise.

Dig in, this will require grit.

Pete
28-08-2012, 10:37 PM
My only hope is that the players subconsciously thought this would be a stroll.

Disappointed but the key for me is how we bounce back at parkhead. The result will be less important than how we perform and how much determination we show. We've let a lower division team walk all over us and if we go down without a fight to a good team straight afterwards it will just prove to me that nothing has really changed.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2012, 10:38 PM
True. Too many on here seem DELIGHTED that we've lost in order to carry on their petty agenda.

Who are these people who are delighted we lost?

I see this quote every time we lose a game, mainly from idiots who think they are some sort of superior uberfan.

Instead of being vague, have the balls to say who these piranha are? :rolleyes:

jabis
28-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I've been a Hibs supporter for a lot longer than you've been alive. And certainly long enough not to be called a Celtc fan by a half-cut poseur like you. That's the second time you've accused a fellow Hibby of the same thing on this thread because they dare to disagree with you.

I'm sure your attempts to look big in front of your mates will be the talk of the playground tomorrow

:

full cut if you don't mind......and for the record,as I said to your pal "slag off Hibs and I'll slag off you".....dont give it, if you can't take it.

nothing personal .

As an aside......I've nae mates :greengrin

Hiber-nation
28-08-2012, 10:45 PM
full cut if you don't mind......and for the record,as I said to your pal "slag off Hibs and I'll slag off you".....dont give it, if you can't take it.

nothing personal .

As an aside......I've nae mates :greengrin

Hibs lose to a 2nd division team and you think its fine to slag off fans who dare to criticise the players? Behave!

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-08-2012, 10:45 PM

nothing personal .

As an aside......I've nae mates :greengrinI'm not surprised, and yer bands crap.

:wink:

jacomo
28-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm so glad I'm in Brewdog Aberdeen and totally forgot we were even playing tonight until Calvino texted saying it was 2-0.

Mon eh Hibs, life goes on. Go and have a drink!

:thumbsup:

Best comment of the night. And tomorrow's another day.

jabis
28-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not surprised, and yer bands crap.

:wink:

I aplaud your your musical taste.........*****halk :greengrin

jabis
28-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Hibs lose to a 2nd division team and you think its fine to slag off fans who dare to criticise the players? Behave!

they didn't critisise the players,just Hibs.

Emerald
28-08-2012, 10:51 PM
:thumbsup:

Best comment of the night. And tomorrow's another day.

Totally agree, there is a lot of folk out there tonight who will be wishing that their only problem would be Hibs getting beat. We all have strong opinions and thats because we all love our team. Debate, even though it can sometimes go a bit overboard, is what being a football fan is all about. We all love it really. :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
28-08-2012, 10:53 PM
they didn't critisise the players,just Hibs.

Hibs are completely exempt from criticism in your book then. Ok....

jabis
28-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Totally agree, there is a lot of folk out there tonight who will be wishing that their only problem would be Hibs getting beat. We all have strong opinions and thats because we all love our team. Debate, even though it can sometimes go a bit overboard, is what being a football fan is all about. We all love it really. :thumbsup:

CELTIC FAN..............ooops.

good call.

mim
28-08-2012, 10:55 PM
We were utter gash last season (following several seasons of gashness) culminating in not even showing up for the cup final. The poverty of that squad, it's spinelessness and the ingrained George Street culture meant for me a three year rebuilding programme. I find it completely unsurprising that we are out of the cup.

Frankly I'm astonished by our start to the league. You can cut it any way you like - if we had been offered 7 points from games against Dundee Utd, Hearts, St Mirren and St Johnstone last season we would have taken your hand off for it.

Our next three years realistically should be: 1st year - don't get relegated, 2nd year - finish top six, 3rd year - get european place. Anything else is an unexpected bonus.

Just because we have endured crap for a very long time does not mean that the laws of football are suspended. We don't somehow automatically go from utter crap to good almost literally overnight no matter how much we may feel we deserve it.

If you are disappointed tonight you better prepare for more of the same over this season. Fenlon is rebuilding this club and team and that is a task which takes time, patience and trial and error. He has barely started the job. He stopped us from being relegated last season when we were dropping like a stone. He's started better than expected in the league so far. The cup's a disappointment but no surprise.

Dig in, this will require grit.

Thank you for this small oasis of good sense.

jabis
28-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Hibs are completely exempt from criticism in your book then. Ok....

yup,glad you agree, the more the merrier.

brythehibby
28-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Just home. So peed of i cant even be bothered moaning about it. Just wish i knew we werent going to turn up tonight and i'd have saved myself the bother.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2012, 11:51 PM
So would I!! But realistically we can have one, two at a push of the three, our squad doesn't have enough depth, proven tonight, to win all three.

Its not realistic really is it? two at a push, oh dear.

I admire your enthusiasm though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Noone likes a smartarse

Just about reached the end of this depressing thread and that was my abiding thought about the punter your post was aimed at.

Gala Foxes
29-08-2012, 04:50 AM
BBC stats say it all , QOS 56% possession, Hibs 44%, they were hungrier, sharper, more direct and knew how to defend.

We were clumsy, slow and lackluster

There is no strength in the Hibs squad, guys like Kujabi + O'Hanlon are not up to it, as seen against a 2nd Division Club

superbam
29-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Exactly. It would have made more sense to have played our stongest possible side tonight and rested players against Celtic. The League Cup is our best chance of a trophy. We will probably lose heavily on Sat anyway and so what, there are plenty more league games to come. We now have to wait till Jan 2013 for our next chance of a cup run.

It is one thing resting players out of stupidity and arrogance against QoS than seeing a trip to Parkhead as an opportunity to rest players because we have basically accepted we will be beaten. The day hibs start doing that Im through with them.

Bobo
29-08-2012, 08:51 AM
BBC stats say it all , QOS 56% possession, Hibs 44%, they were hungrier, sharper, more direct and knew how to defend.

There is no strength in the Hibs squad, guys like Kujabi + O'Hanlon are not up to it, as seen against a 2nd Division Club

I've moaned about the lack of possession repeatedly over the past couple of seasons, it's a big worry and stems from our players' lack of ability and fitness coupled with poor tactical awareness and choice of formation employed by our managers!

God knows what happens to players and coaches when they arrive at Easter Road because their careers all end up going backwards, it almost seems acceptable for them to under achieve?

Our supposed newly found and improved work rate was no match for a 2nd division outfit who ran over the top of us and left our duds blowing out their @rses for 90 minutes. This has gone on for far too long and some hard work and discipline needs to be meted out before yet another season goes down the Swanney before it's even had a chance to start!!

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2012, 10:05 AM
This was always likely to happen, if not tonight then in the league or the Scottish cup-we are stillmassive work in progress. Accept it, lets move on.

When you are a work in progress you expect bad results at Fir Park, Tannadice, New St Mirren Park or Pittodrie. Perhaps even away to some high flying First Division club.

The very fact that these players are playing for Hibernian Football Club should make them more than capable of beating Queen of the South home or away ........ that should be the starting point we are hoping to make progress from ...... not the bloody goal.

Northernhibee
29-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Just about reached the end of this depressing thread and that was my abiding thought about the punter your post was aimed at.

Love you too :wink:

TornadoHibby
29-08-2012, 11:17 AM
When you are a work in progress you expect bad results at Fir Park, Tannadice, New St Mirren Park or Pittodrie. Perhaps even away to some high flying First Division club.

The very fact that these players are playing for Hibernian Football Club should make them more than capable of beating Queen of the South home or away ........ that should be the starting point we are hoping to make progress from ...... not the bloody goal.

Agreed! However, it seems that some of us have set ourselves unreasonably high expectations for our first team achievements for this season going by some of the stuff that's getting posted by those that would have us all just accept such a horrendous result for the club as last nights defeat actually was! :confused:

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Agreed! However, it seems that some of us have set ourselves unreasonably high expectations for our first team achievements for this season going by some of the stuff that's getting posted by those that would have us all just accept such a horrendous result for the club as last nights defeat actually was! :confused:

My expectations for this season has always been a mid table finish, although with a couple of wide players i'd hope for better.

I'd also expect us never to lose to a 2nd division side, not sure if thats unreasonably high, but thats just my expectations.

TornadoHibby
29-08-2012, 12:49 PM
My expectations for this season has always been a mid table finish, although with a couple of wide players i'd hope for better.

I'd also expect us never to lose to a 2nd division side, not sure if thats unreasonably high, but thats just my expectations.

In my mind, those expectations are perfectly reasonable for a Hibs fan of many years service like yourself BH! :agree:

However, you don't need to look far to find any one of a number of posters on here who think that a defeat like last night's one should just be "ignored" as an irrelevence as our current SPL position (after 4 games) is very good implying that the (after 4 game) current position is a reliable indicator of what league position we will occupy at the end of the season!!! :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
29-08-2012, 01:23 PM
In my mind, those expectations are perfectly reasonable for a Hibs fan of many years service like yourself BH! :agree:

However, you don't need to look far to find any one of a number of posters on here who think that a defeat like last night's one should just be "ignored" as an irrelevence as our current SPL position (after 4 games) is very good implying that the (after 4 game) current position is a reliable indicator of what league position we will occupy at the end of the season!!! :confused:

Agreed, it is laughable it really is.

I don't want to name names......well I do actually, NorthernHibbee was on here last night saying that some fans were delighted that Hibs lost as it gave them an excuse to moan etc etc.

Blackpool Hibs challenged him to actually name the posters who he claimed were "delighted".........a predictable nil response from NortherHibbee who seems to have disappeared off the face off the earth (or conveniently ignored Blackpool's question!)

None of us are happy that we lost......however some folk seem to think we are overreacting by being disgusted !

QOTS are in the 2nd Division FFS !

Billy Whizz
29-08-2012, 01:33 PM

What these stats don't show is what they did with their possession. All we did was hoof it up the field, except one attack when Griffiths blasted over

HibsMax
29-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Is anyone really implying that our current league position is an accurate indicator of where we will finish this season? Show me the post(s) that say that please. I think the point being made is that we made a better start to our SPL campaign than many people thought we would, which is worthy of some praise,.....but that does NOT make up for the embarrassing defeat last night.

I don't think that last night's result can be ignored. We lost money by being pumped out the cup early doors, how can we ignore that? We now have one less piece of silverware available to us this season. How can that be ignored? I'm equally as disgusted in last night's game as other fans are but it's a question of how close to the edge of the cliff you are. I'm not ready to jump. There is still a lot to play for this season even though we royally f'ed up last night. To me the true test is to see how Hibs bounce back from this. What changes will Fenlon make now? I know our next game is going to be tough and lots of fans don't expect a result at all but I think we can still see how well we can bounce back even if it is against the strongest team in the league. We can still show bottle and improvement even in a defeat. I personally don't expect we'll get beat by Celtic. That's not because I'm delusional, it's because I never go into any game expecting defeat. I hope the players don't run out onto the pitch with the "we're going to get horsed" attitude that some of our fans have. I won't be shocked if we do lose but I DON'T arbitrarily accept that we will.

So rather than fighting amongst ourselves over a terrible defeat - because I think we all agree that it was a terrible defeat - let's focus on bouncing back. Some fans care about every match, about every cup...some care less about certain matches. That's just personal opinion. If you don't like that someone doesn't think the Scottish League cup is worth anything, accept their opinion and move on. The reverse also applies. I think every match is important and we should be trying to win every single one of them.

Ramble over. Bring on the Smellies!! :flag:

TornadoHibby
29-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Is anyone really implying that our current league position is an accurate indicator of where we will finish this season? Show me the post(s) that say that please. I think the point being made is that we made a better start to our SPL campaign than many people thought we would, which is worthy of some praise,.....but that does NOT make up for the embarrassing defeat last night.

I don't think that last night's result can be ignored. We lost money by being pumped out the cup early doors, how can we ignore that? We now have one less piece of silverware available to us this season. How can that be ignored? I'm equally as disgusted in last night's game as other fans are but it's a question of how close to the edge of the cliff you are. I'm not ready to jump. There is still a lot to play for this season even though we royally f'ed up last night. To me the true test is to see how Hibs bounce back from this. What changes will Fenlon make now? I know our next game is going to be tough and lots of fans don't expect a result at all but I think we can still see how well we can bounce back even if it is against the strongest team in the league. We can still show bottle and improvement even in a defeat. I personally don't expect we'll get beat by Celtic. That's not because I'm delusional, it's because I never go into any game expecting defeat. I hope the players don't run out onto the pitch with the "we're going to get horsed" attitude that some of our fans have. I won't be shocked if we do lose but I arbitrarily accept that we will.

So rather than fighting amongst ourselves over a terrible defeat - because I think we all agree that it was a terrible defeat - let's focus on bouncing back. Some fans care about every match, about every cup...some care less about certain matches. That's just personal opinion. If you don't like that someone doesn't think the Scottish League cup is worth anything, accept their opinion and move on. The reverse also applies. I think every match is important and we should be trying to win every single one of them.

The posts are all there for you to find and read for yourself, I did that last night and have no intention of wasting any more time finding them for you right now! Not because of any other reason than I have far more important things to be doing right now!

I found your post quite difficult to read but I think that you are essentially saying that you agree with me although you may not accept that our current lofty (after 4 games) SPL position could just as easily be at least two or maybe more points worse based upon the balance of play and respective shots on target etc from our opponents to date especially the first half on Saturday and the second half against St Mirren. However, the first 4 games, where different players have played for different reasons and where opponents are, like us, getting used to each other within their squads and also to yet to sign before deadline date/time incomers, are unlikely to reflect end of season rankings other than by chance such is the nature of the SPL and Hibs right now IMO! :agree:

Sudds_1
29-08-2012, 02:28 PM

I don't think that last night's result can be ignored. We lost money by being pumped out the cup early doors, how can we ignore that? We now have one less piece of silverware available to us this season. How can that be ignored? I'm equally as disgusted in last night's game as other fans are but it's a question of how close to the edge of the cliff you are. I'm not ready to jump. There is still a lot to play for this season even though we royally f'ed up last night. To me the true test is to see how Hibs bounce back from this. What changes will Fenlon make now? I know our next game is going to be tough and lots of fans don't expect a result at all but I think we can still see how well we can bounce back even if it is against the strongest team in the league. We can still show bottle and improvement even in a defeat. I personally don't expect we'll get beat by Celtic. That's not because I'm delusional, it's because I never go into any game expecting defeat. I hope the players don't run out onto the pitch with the "we're going to get horsed" attitude that some of our fans have. I won't be shocked if we do lose but I arbitrarily accept that we will.

:confused: so you think we will or won't get beat?

HibsMax
29-08-2012, 02:41 PM
:confused: so you think we will or won't get beat?

I made a mistake and have since corrected my post.

HibsMax
29-08-2012, 02:46 PM
The posts are all there for you to find and read for yourself, I did that last night and have no intention of wasting any more time finding them for you right now! Not because of any other reason than I have far more important things to be doing right now!

I found your post quite difficult to read but I think that you are essentially saying that you agree with me although you may not accept that our current lofty (after 4 games) SPL position could just as easily be at least two or maybe more points worse based upon the balance of play and respective shots on target etc from our opponents to date especially the first half on Saturday and the second half against St Mirren. However, the first 4 games, where different players have played for different reasons and where opponents are, like us, getting used to each other within their squads and also to yet to sign before deadline date/time incomers, are unlikely to reflect end of season rankings other than by chance such is the nature of the SPL and Hibs right now IMO! :agree:

And we could have won last night's fixture if our players had their shooting boots on. Let's not start trying to revise history based on what could have happened, let's focus on the facts. The facts are : we are 2nd in the league and we got humiliated in the Scottish Leaguee cup. No amount of discussion will change either of those.

I don't think that our current league position means that we will finish 2nd. I find it hard to believe that anyone does and now I have to read through hundreds of posts to find out those people who do feel that way. I will say this though, and it's just my opinion. I'll bet if we were rooted to the bottom of the table after 4 games there would be PLENTY of posters suggesting that means we are relegation fodder. Hell, that might have been the case after the FIRST game of the season.