PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Queen of the South 2 vs. Hibs 0

Pages : 1 [2] 3

trev the hat
28-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Maybury & Spoony on for Pa & Booth, bit harsh on CB IMO.

Sudds_1
By every performance they've ever given us?

Agree with Matty, this is squarely Fenlon's fault. Players can't help being gutless sewerage, The manager can help by not picking them.

Bad decision tonight, even if we turn it around, which I think is unlikely as there are three to four losers on the park and the major winner is 'rested'.

He took a really sore one on saturday........good decision to rest him ahead of Celtic on Saturday.

Trouble is, all we had was O'hanlon!

CRAZYHIBBY
ive just logged on and for a minute i thought we were losing 2-0 shurely shome mishtake:confused:

zlatan
Good question e-h.

Way I see it is he has to give fringe players a chance in a competitive match. We've had folk on here bumping their gums about Booth and Kujabi being given a run. They're both in tonight but suddenly the manager has got it wrong!

FWIW I think Pat has called this wrong and I hope the second half sees changes to give us any sort of chance

There's a time and place for it though J. Tonight we're playing in one of only 2, ok one, cups we have a chance of winning so it's not the time to piss about with the squad. Of the two fixtures we have this week I would argue that this is the more important game.

johnbc70
Really don't agree with this. This competition has given us our 3 most glittering moments in the last 50 years and is one of our only 2 real prospects of winning anything each year.

The league is important yes but I expect Hibs to take the League cup very seriously as winning this beats a sterling top six finish in SPL any day of the week..

Agree with this, this competition and the SC is are only real chance of winning anything and we should treat each game like a cup final and play our best and strongest team.

erskine-hibby
28-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Perhaps he is making a point to those above him who hold the purse strings?

Not at all fussed about this to be honest, we have to focus on the league this year. If we had played some crucial starters and got them injured tonight people would be screaming for that.

Personally I am very fussed about this, as I am about every game.

jacomo
28-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Starting Kujabi & Booth is bad tactics, Booth would have been much more at ease with Maybury behind him. Dare i say Pat decided to let RP know just how much we really do need 2 additional players minimum.
I hope he brings on one of the young strikers as Leigh will carry his frustrations to Sat if he don,t find the net.
Pa off for Maybury & sparky off for Caldwell, the damage may just about be salvageable.

I hope not. I want the Board and manager united and not playing political games out on the park... Now that IS disrespectful - to the fans who've paid to see the game.

Anyhow, maybe one change too many but if the players who came in tonight aren't desperate to impress then we don't need them. I like Booth and think Kuqi could do ok for us, but maybe Kujabi and O'Hanlon a change too far?

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2012, 07:48 PM
kujabi and booth both off

Northernhibee
O'Hanlon was quality against Aberdeen, it's games like this that should be used to give him a chance to prove he can play well in competitive manners.

Amazing how the "realists" on here seem to be living in an alternative reality here. Booth and Kujabi were given a chance to show they were good enough for the first team, they're not, enjoy playing in the reserves or moving to a lower division club.

Bobo
Playing 2nd fiddle to a no-mark 2nd division team and playing the same *****e that we've seen time and time again over the past few seasons!!

Hibs have rarely been any sort of threat at all and appear to have reverted to their usual submissive selves with no passion, pace or ability!!!!! I've lost count of the number of times the commentary has mentioned "basic errors" "1st touch too heavy" "mis-placed passed" "squanders a guilt-edged opportunity" etc etc. :rolleyes:

It shouldn't really matter how many changes we've made tonight as we should be able to comfortably beat QOS with whatever players were put out. The fact we can't only serves to highlight further what a mess our club is in and how far we've declined over the last 5 seasons. The fringe players being given a start tonight are clearly not up to the task.

The radio commentary sounds slow, dull and uninspiring with not much atmosphere but I suppose it's hard to make turd sound interesting.

HFC 0-7

Agree with Matty, this is squarely Fenlon's fault. Players can't help being gutless sewerage, The manager can help by not picking them.

Bad decision tonight, even if we turn it around, which I think is unlikely as there are three to four losers on the park and the major winner is 'rested'.

That is a quality description!!!

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Seems some losers have been replaced :wink:

Thats whats pre seasons for, how many times must o hanlon play before fenlon realises he is mince? Fenlon has done a good job with the starting 11, he needs to do the same to bulk up the squad. I was really positive about the season after the last couple of results but I am now worried about later in the season when injuries and suspensions kick in. I think fenlon has perhaps under estimated QOS or how bad our squad players are.

Unfortunately I think we may have a few of these types of results over the season because we will have to play some of the players that are not up to it. Fenlon wont have enough time, or possibly money to offload some of these guys and replace them with better.

I've never liked O'Hanlon and would have punted him yonks ago but the others have their fans on here.

Seems we've made changes so lets hope it's not too late

hibee_girl
28-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Ross County 0 - 3 Raith Rovers

john18722
28-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Playing 2nd fiddle to a no-mark 2nd division team and playing the same *****e that we've seen time and time again over the past few seasons!!

Hibs have rarely been any sort of threat at all and appear to have reverted to their usual submissive selves with no passion, pace or ability!!!!! I've lost count of the number of times the commentary has mentioned "basic errors" "1st touch too heavy" "mis-placed passed" "squanders a guilt-edged opportunity" etc etc. :rolleyes:

It shouldn't really matter how many changes we've made tonight as we should be able to comfortably beat QOS with whatever players were put out. The fact we can't only serves to highlight further what a mess our club is in and how far we've declined over the last 5 seasons. The fringe players being given a start tonight are clearly not up to the task.

The radio commentary sounds slow, dull and uninspiring with not much atmosphere but I suppose it's hard to make turd sound interesting.

Don't worry we will win this game

Franck Stanton
28-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Now I am not at the game tonight and am relying on this thread to find out what's going on. Seems to me that we, [ griffiths in particular] , are creating a lot of chances but failing to convert them. The fact we haven't scored is more to do with the bad finnishing rather than the team selection. Start taking the chances created and it will be a different game. Get an early goal second half and it is game on. 2-0 is a funny score as all too often the team winning think it is all over and we have all seen teams recover from it and getting back into the game. We have 45 min to get two, then score winner in e/t. Yes I do think that the fittness levels will come into it and fully expect QotS to tire - providing we play at a high tempo.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Understand the comments about trying out players, but our confidence is fragile at the moment and is being boosted by winning. A defeat could be a serious dunt. Old adage about not changing a winning team should have applied IMO. If two games a week is too much for the squad, then don't train to much during the week.

Spike Mandela

At least changes have been made. feel a bit sorry for Doyle being dropped after getting off the mark on Saturday and having a good understanding with Griffiths.

Come on Hibs, get inte thum!!!!

zlatan
Can we please for the love of god just put Kujabi out his misery now and abandon him in the woods on the way home or something?

erskine-hibby
The currents will be lovin this :rolleyes:

Lee

Were both playing poorly first half anyone at the game? That'll be Booths confidence back to square one

Jonnyboy

Correct me if I'm wrong but have this 'no-mark' team not started the season so well they haven't even conceded a goal yet?

As I've said, Pat's got it wrong but lets see if those folk crying out for Booth and Kujabi to get a chance will tell us how they feel now

sahib
28-08-2012, 07:52 PM
:agree: i have a funny feeling Mr petrie will not see this game as 'meaningless' :rolleyes:

This is not good. My planned, "Pat Fenlon the Glory Years - August 2012" dvd, will never sell now.

skipster7
How are guys like big kuqi etc going to get match fit without playing ? that team should still have been able to match QOS !! After seeing McPake twist his back with a goal saving tackle on Sat i wouldn't have played him either.hopefully get an early goal 2nd half :rolleyes:

joe breezy
Who does Pat Fenlon think he is? and who does he think he's managing?

We are not Man United.

Joke - gonna win nothing again, bad for morale, bad for attendances bad for the club.

NorthNorfolkHFC
Booth and Kujabi's chance to shine, they haven't. I fear for their future now, especially Booth who i thought could have made our left side exciting.

Sudds_1
Seems some losers have been replaced :wink:

I've never liked O'Hanlon and would have punted him yonks ago but the others have their fans on here.

Seems we've made changes so lets hope it's not too late

he has fans on here????????

.Sean.
**** sake.

joe breezy
28-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Booth and Kujabi's chance to shine, they haven't. I fear for their future now, especially Booth who i thought could have made our left side exciting.

I'd fear for Hibs future if the club thought Kujabi was good enough

HibsMax
28-08-2012, 07:54 PM

Were they at fault for the 0-2 scoreline? Serious question. Griffiths and Kuqi have both missed chances, are they not equally as culpable?

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Queens almost 3 - 0 :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 07:55 PM
he has fans on here????????

I said the others have fans, Sudds. That is Booth and Kujabi

I think we'd struggle to find many O'Hanlon fans

Speedway
28-08-2012, 07:56 PM
:agree: i have a funny feeling Mr petrie will not see this game as 'meaningless' :rolleyes:

I guess tonight shows us why Fenlon's interested in Clubfoot.

skipster7
booth of for maybury, spoony for kujabi

Sudds_1

:agree:

NOLA
28-08-2012, 07:57 PM
game over i feel, same old hibs, we arent good enough to rotate the squad for cup games

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Alan Maybury on toast?

Open All Mics is truly a disaster and judging by the sound of things... so is the Hibs performance tonight...

Speedway
28-08-2012, 07:58 PM
We need to get a move on and score.

I wonder if Fenlon's thinking that he'll leave Kuqi on until we get one then bring Doyle on to run the Queens defence ragged?

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Queens have a chance again but Hibs should have had a free-kick moments before...

Beefster
Exactly, bunch o ****in bairns.

Everyone knows were concentrating on the league this season.

That is rubbish. Everyone knows that Hibs budget for the quarters of every cup.

Were both playing poorly first half anyone at the game? That'll be Booths confidence back to square one

If Booth can't be played against QotS without his confidence being shattered, he needs to go and play in a lower league. I don't know what's happened to the laddie but he must be running out of chances at Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
I guess tonight shows us why Fenlon's interested in Clubfoot.

i'l reiterate what i said on the PM board, i'd gladly see broadfoot at ER :cb although i'm very much in the minority :(

ALF TUPPER
28-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Mon Hibs !! :sofa:

Glad I didn't go to this one

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2012, 08:00 PM
ross co 0 raith 4

ross co made 9 changes for this game

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 08:01 PM
County 0 - 4 Raith!!!

Speedway
County 0 - 4 Raith!!!

Has Adams put Brown in goals tonight?

grunt

Yes

hibee_girl
28-08-2012, 08:02 PM

:agree:

Sylar
County 0 - 4 Raith!!!

Cheerio 10k vButtons :rolleyes:

givescotlandfreedom

He has actually.

The Voice Of Reason
On FFS - just in and I see we are 2-0 down to a 2nd div side. What a joke. Kujabi not good enough - Fenlon signed him too.........farce.

dmc1875
28-08-2012, 08:03 PM
has adams put brown in goals tonight?

yes!!

hibee_girl
Rob Jones scoring for Doncaster, what we'd give to have him back?

FromTheCapital
Nearly 5-0 for Raith!

Vault Boy
28-08-2012, 08:04 PM
yes!!

He's playing very well apparently

Bobo
Correct me if I'm wrong but have this 'no-mark' team not started the season so well they haven't even conceded a goal yet?

As I've said, Pat's got it wrong but lets see if those folk crying out for Booth and Kujabi to get a chance will tell us how they feel now

John there's no excuse for the players or the manager of a club of our supposed standing to be beaten never mind soundly out played by any team that are two divisions below them irrespective of whether that team is top of their league, conceded no goals etc.

I'm only too aware that Freak/shock results can happen at anytime, because Hibs are on the wrong end of them far too often for my liking.

R'Albin

'If it wasn't for Mark Brown, this match could easy be 6, dare I say 7-0'

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Why do we have to listen to Preston gloating and being encouraged to do so? BBC meant to be a professional broadcaster - my arse

cabbageandribs1875
On FFS - just in and I see we are 2-0 down to a 2nd div side. What a joke. Kujabi not good enough - Fenlon signed him too.........farce.

he's the gambian roberto carlos :shhhsh!:

carnoustiehibee
[QUOTE=Beefster;3342178]That is rubbish. Everyone knows that Hibs budget for the quarters of every cup.

nope, defo going for the league instead. resting our big names for the title decider v celtic on saturday.:fishin::idiot:

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Kujabi replaced by the legend that is wotherspoon.........Christ, we have no chance now.

Hibee87
28-08-2012, 08:07 PM
cmon tae **** hibs need a goal in the next 5 min to have any chance of progressing. get doyle on and play 3 up top just ****ing go for it FFS

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

cabbageandribs1875
Why do we have to listen to Preston gloating and being encouraged to do so? BBC meant to be a professional broadcaster - my arse

he received a text saying 'hibs out of wee cup, before hertz are even IN it' :( think i'l forward that on to oor ROD

FromTheCapital
Come on Hibs! Need a goal fast...

Hibee Ryan
How longs left?

Jonnyboy
Kujabi replaced by the legend that is wotherspoon.........Christ, we have no chance now.

Would you rather he'd left Kujabi on?

trev the hat
28-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Doyle on for Kuchi

Speedway
'If it wasn't for Mark Brown, this match could easy be 6, dare I say 7-0'

Were those shots straight at him then?

HibbyKeith
Kuqi off for Doyle.

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Doyle on for Kuqi...

hibeedonald
Doyle on

IWasThere2016
Really don't agree with this. This competition has given us our 3 most glittering moments in the last 50 years and is one of our only 2 real prospects of winning anything each year.

The league is important yes but I expect Hibs to take the League cup very seriously as winning this beats a sterling top six finish in SPL any day of the week..

Correct - and we're nowhere near good enough to be putting out any short of our best side for a game like this. Said, it was a banana skin when the draw was made and we've made sure it was.

J-C
Came home early from taxi as I couldn't be ersed, listening to open all d1cks, what I can gather is apart from the main starting 11, the rest of the squad is absolutely honking, we're talking bout needing 2-3 players before the end of the window, more like another 6-7. :confused:

Jonnyboy
he received a text saying 'hibs out of wee cup, before hertz are even IN it' :( think i'l forward that on to oor ROD

Having a go at Kuqi now

HibbyKeith
28-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Doyle on and involved straight away. good cut back not read by Griffiths

jabis
28-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't know why I feel so disapointed,it's not the team.......it's the whiney 'buzzards' that hold our team back at ER that really pee me off :cb

archiebald
Talk your way out of this one FENLON :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
Would you rather he'd left Kujabi on?

Yes. He is less bad than wotherspoon.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Came home early from taxi as I couldn't be ersed, listening to open all d1cks, what I can gather is apart from the main starting 11, the rest of the squad is absolutely honking, we're talking bout needing 2-3 players before the end of the window, more like another 6-7. :confused:

Agreed

Sean1875
28-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Well that's not true.

Speedway
28-08-2012, 08:14 PM
There are no excuses tonight, Fenlon should be in Rod's office later to pick up his written warning.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 08:14 PM

Debatable :wink:

zlatan
28-08-2012, 08:16 PM

Behave

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2012, 08:16 PM
there are currently 2441 viewing this thread, (493 members, and 1948 laughing yamboids) the %&$@s

Ozyhibby
28-08-2012, 08:17 PM
There are no excuses tonight, Fenlon should be in Rod's office later to pick up his written warning.

Putting out a weak team in a major cup comp should be a sackable offence.

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Killie miss another good chance...

But more importantly, very little coverage on OAM from Palmerston!

nonshinyfinish
28-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Yes, let's sack Fenlon.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-08-2012, 08:19 PM
pathetic

Macaroon
Why could I see this coming.

007 Mickey Weir
Ok I normally back PF. But really no idea where he is getting his tactics tonight. Kujabi and Booth back in team on left. Drop Spoony and Doyle who are high on confidence. If McPake needed rested then I suppose O'Hanlon needed to replace him. If Maybury needed rested then Booth at LB. other than that the team needs to stay the same.

Ah well let's hope we have seen the last of Kujabi in a Hibs top.

joe breezy
It's like going to work and deliberately not trying

Like me going in and saying I manage a team and and we had a new business pitch

The new business pitch was a big one, it was the 3rd biggest pitch we could win

But it wasn't the biggest pitch we could win. The client is only the 3rd biggest in our world - it was Coca Cola not Apple

So I decided to put an inferior team on it, I got that guy who can't count to do the budgets

And that guy who could be better at making presentations, well he's presenting it

I'd get sacked for doing that

cabbageandribs1875
queens players apparently very fit

Gatecrasher
28-08-2012, 08:20 PM
its well known how much Hibs rely on cup runs for extra cash so theres no doubt the first team should have played tonight.

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 08:20 PM
QOS 2-0 Hibs
Pars 3-0 Montrose
Livi 1-1 Dumbarton
County 0-4 Raith
Killie 0-2 Stenny
Accies 0-0 Partick

EDIT : County 1-4 Raith

Speedway
28-08-2012, 08:21 PM
queens apparently apparently very fit

If they've got any sense now they'll park the bus now and teach our tossers how to close a game out.

joe breezy
Raging, listening to open all mikes instead of watching the TV

Jonnyboy

Indeed. I just can't understand why Ferguson and Wenger are still in post

HH81
Hibs fans arn't half moaning b.....

Tricla

This is a potential poor result but PF will be miles and miles away from the 'talking his way out of things' stage. AAFAIK he hasn't had to talk his way out of anything thus far during his Hibs career.

Same goes for this comment.

It's amazing how the joy of a couple of good results disappears so quickly for some.

Speedway

I agree with Wenger.

hibeedonald
28-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Were pretty much out, im absolutely livid, the manager is completely at fault!

Hibee Ryan
If they've got any sense now they'll park the bus now and teach our tossers how to close a game out.

Not what "our tossers" done on Saturday then?

northseahibby
Why could I see this coming.It's what we do...

joe breezy

Many people can't understand why Wenger is still in a post

But Ferguson has an excuse, he has an outstanding squad

We are not Man United

QOS are unbeaten for 8 games apparently

Northernhibee
It's like going to work and deliberately not trying

But it wasn't the biggest pitch we could win. The client is only the 3rd biggest in our world - it was Coca Cola not Apple

So I decided to put an inferior team on it, I got that guy who can't count to do the budgets

And that guy who could be better at making presentations, well he's presenting it

I'd get sacked for doing that

:faf:

Alfred E Newman
This result should be a surprise to no one. Our " big team" could have been well beaten by St Johnstone on Sat so it is no surprise that our second string is getting humped tonight. We are a long way from being a good side.

nonshinyfinish
I agree with Wenger.

I didn't see the tackle.

Nailrod

Yup. Here's to another opportunity for Rod to demonstrate his greatest footballing accomplishment - recruiting successful managers.

jabis

as a REAL Hibs fan,I really hope we win 3-2 and stuff all the divots up your alse :greengrin

Sylar
its well known how much Hibs rely on cup runs for extra cash so theres no doubt the first team should have played tonight.

Said cup runs are worth little if we don't have a squad to keep us in the SPL. That cash cow is worth a hell of a lot more than reaching the QFs of the League/Scottish Cup.

Spike Mandela
28-08-2012, 08:23 PM
QOS 2-0 Hibs
Pars 3-0 Montrose
Livi 1-1 Dumbarton
County 0-4 Raith
Killie 0-2 Stenny
Accies 0-0 Partick

With the SPL teams doing so badly a nagging voice at the back of my mind is sensing the possibility of a Newco cup run. that would be ****!

Sylar
Ross County 1-4 Raith

Vault Boy
8 minutes left

Tricla

Playing other players from your first team pool, in your first team, should render you unemployed?

:confused:

FromTheCapital
400-500 Hibs fans according to BBC!

And Hibs letting them down... :rolleyes:

Speedway
28-08-2012, 08:24 PM

This is a potential poor result but PF will be miles and miles away from the 'talking his way out of things' stage. AAFAIK he hasn't had to talk his way out of anything thus far during his Hibs career.

It's amazing how the joy of a couple of good results disappears so quickly for some.

Are you serious, where do you think the money's coming from if not revitalised ST holders and cup runs. We need this result and Fenlon's gone and taken 'one or two changes' he promised in the press, into four, two of which are even being played in the wrong positions and three of whom have form for letting us down in the past and that doesn't matter to you????????

Sylar
28-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Paul McKenna sent off for kicking Rob Jones.

Either really brave or really stupid :greengrin

Hibstrooper
28-08-2012, 08:25 PM

It has been a good couple of weeks since folk have had a chance to moan, obviously been getting withdrawal symptoms.

khib70
And we should be jumping for joy because???

Have a word with yersel! If you're happy with this level of underachievement, you're not a fan, but an unthinking cheerleader, and it's clear from this thread that we have way too many of them already.

Craig_in_Prague
Cheers Hibs. Real fun supporting you.

GreenCastle

Maybe they win competitions so fans understand.

We are Hibs and don't have a squad strong enough to rotate. Best 11 should have played this evening and got the job done then make the subs and rest players.

We aren't going to win the league so cups give the fans a lift / a chance of getting to a final ( especially when Rangers are weaker than ever!) but we do the typical Hibs thing....do well for a few games then undo all the good work.

:rolleyes:

Even though we have won our last 2 we are still needing players for the 1st team to stay in the top 6 - bottom line is our squad isn't good enough to rotate and I like Fenlon but it's poor management!

Chris.igoe
this is just a blip . Team not big enough need 3-4 new squad players in . Yes we r getn pumped but still 2 top and scottish cup to play hibs squad is not big or good enough to play in 2 cups and do well in the league .

500miles
I'm obviously listening at home, but we sound a bit disjointed and out of character- in terms of what we have achieved in recent weeks. It's unfortunate, but hopefully we can show against Celtic that it was just "one of those nights".

I've seen better Hibs teams get beaten by lower league teams.

Hibby Bairn
Got slaughtered on Sat for saying we were murder and we were deluding ourselves at the result. Maybe a reality check for plenty on here.

Ozyhibby

Ferguson and Wenger can afford to forego the league cup. They have the Champs league to keep them busy.
When Hibs are in the champs league then maybe we can start putting out reserve teams in the league cup.

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 08:26 PM
I give up... Quitting this and watching Hells Kitchen!

Beefster
28-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Comparing Fenlon to Ferguson and Wenger and our squad to Man Utd/Arsenal's is a bit like comparing Susan Boyle to Mila Kunis.

Sean1875
It has been a good couple of weeks since folk have had a chance to moan, obviously been getting withdrawal symptoms.

:agree: sometimes I genuinely wonder if some people get a slight bit of joy from seeing us do badly, just so they have an excuse to come on here and get all the frustrations of their lifes out through a keyboard.

justlikebrazil
400-500 Hibs fans according to BBC!

And Hibs letting them down... :rolleyes:
Same old Hibs totally fed up and ive got a season ticket for more pish :boo hoo:

Hibby Bairn
this is just a blip . Team not big enough need 3-4 new squad players in . Yes we r getn pumped but still 2 top and scottish cup to play hibs squad is not big or good enough to play in 2 cups and do well in the league .

WTF? Do you think we are playing 60 games a year or something?

johnbc70

But they put out weakened teams as they genuinely do have other competitions to concentrate on that they have a chance of winning such as the EPL and Champions League. We should have a full strength team out tonight as arguably this is our best chance of winning something, when you look at our Scottish Cup record then in reality this competition could be our only chance of winning something this season and PF's decision to play a weakened team looks like we have now lost that opportunity.

Speedway
28-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Not what "our tossers" done on Saturday then?

Let's see:

O'Hanlon errr no

Kujabi errr no

Booth errrr no.

The first two have sold the goals tonight.

Those are who I'm referring to.

chrisski33
Overreaction.net

We don't have a deep enough squad to deal with injuries and suspension, so I've no problem watching us try younger players and protect our starting players in such a cup game which, in the grand scheme of things, means nothing.

Fully fit squad to play in the SPL and out of the League Cup or lose a few players to injury and have to field a weakened team in the SPL...

No brainer really.

How is it an overreaction? We shudnt be losing 2-0 at half time to QOS, do u have confidence in this team getting 3 goals? I dont! Yes we beat st johnstone and st mirren and built up some optimisiom amongst those on here.
Spl is important as is winning silverware. So i take it winning the cis cup in 07 unimportant?

The Voice Of Reason
This is a disgrace, make no mistake.

Bunch of gutless, spineless goons.

Can't wait to hear what Fenlon says about this.........billy Dodds saying that "hibs are going out in whimper".

F&&k off hibs

Gatecrasher
:agree: sometimes I genuinely wonder if some people get a slight bit of joy from seeing us do badly, just so they have an excuse to come on here and get all the frustrations of their lifes out through a keyboard.
Should we be happy we're out the cup, One of only 2 realistic shots at glory?

Hibee Ryan
People calling for Fenlon to be sacked really need to calm down.

Yes, we're out the cup but we're 2nd in the league, the league, IMO, is more important and would rather that just for this season we concentrate on finishing high in the league without the distraction of 2 cups.

Just trying to look at the positives, of course I'd rather win the league cup but it could be worse than going out early on :aok:

Off the bar
28-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Has anything actually happened second half? The only commentary I can get is here, and i don't think there's been one actual match update, just bitching.

Jonnyboy
Ferguson and Wenger can afford to forego the league cup. They have the Champs league to keep them busy.
When Hibs are in the champs league then maybe we can start putting out reserve teams in the league cup.

You're missing the point. You said playing a weakened team should be a sacking offence. You didn't qualify it by saying our pool is too small etc. So, should he be sacked for making use of the pool or for picking the wrong ones or just simply because you've been after his scalp ever since he was appointed?

Tricla
Are you serious, where do you think the money's coming from if not revitalised ST holders and cup runs. We need this result and Fenlon's gone and taken 'one or two changes' he promised in the press, into four, two of which are even being played in the wrong positions and three of whom have form for letting us down in the past and that doesn't matter to you????????

I didn't say that it didn't matter to me and I didn't say that I agreed with the changes to the line up.

I just don't agree that PF should be getting sacked, a written warning or any other disciplinary procedure over the head of this game.

Speedway

Do you enjoy seeing us piss more money down the drain due to idiot team selections?

We need to stay in the cups.

SteveHFC
Embarrassing performance

Vault Boy
28-08-2012, 08:30 PM
3 minutes added on

Jonnyboy
Comparing Fenlon to Ferguson and Wenger and our squad to Man Utd/Arsenal's is a bit like comparing Susan Boyle to Mila Kunis.

I'm not comparing the squads I'm making the point that playing a weakened side is not, in itself, a sacking offence.

Northernhibee
Let's see:

O'Hanlon errr no

Kujabi errr no

Booth errrr no.

Right, let's be honest here.

Sparky has been utter mince tonight. If he'd taken his chances, we'd at least have been 2-2 right now.

But we never criticise 'the untouchables', we blame it all on the manager, whine about how we're going to be relegated blah blah blah blah blah.

hibeequinn
a honestly don't know what to say about the result what was fenlon thinking :(

allezsauzee
Getting beaten by a team in the third tier is a disgrace. Just because better Hibs teams have done the same does not make it acceptable.

hibernianyank
28-08-2012, 08:31 PM
PF saying that we can win the cup in tonights evening news... He's right off course but don't like to read that this early in the tournament. Hopefully the comment doesn't come back to bite him oan the bum.

Great prediction paddy......

Tricla

Can't wait to hear what Fenlon says about this.........billy Dodds saying that "hibs are going out in whimper".

F&&k off hibs

Settle down mate.

Were you calling them gutless, spineless goons during the last 3 games? I doubt it.

Bad night at the office IMO.

Pretty Boy
Can't believe folk are having a go at fans for moaning about this.

Our 1st team squad is being turned over by a 2nd division team. This isn't some knee jerk reaction, I said pre game we were miles away from being good enough to rest players. However a Hibs team made up of regulars and squad players should be beating QOTS.

The board have been quick to tell us we need to buy STs, we're not soft anymore then bang out the 1st major cup competition at the 1st hurdle. We're improving no doubt but the sqaud is still totally lacking in depth and from a morale point of view we didn't need this tonight.

All the folk saying we shouldn't moan, are over reacting etc are the ones that need to get a grip. Like it or lump it losing to a 2nd division team is garbage and fans are going to moan about it.

Sean1875
Should we be happy we're out the cup, One of only 2 realistic shots at glory?

Do you enjoy seeing us piss more money down the drain due to idiot team selections?

Of course Im not expecting anyone to be happy, but calls for PF head is more embarassing than the performance tonight. I'll be honest when I read the starting line up I wasnt thrilled but we should still be able to have the quality there to be able to put a second division team away. Every team has off days, I guess tonight was just ours.

Jonnyboy

F&&k off hibs

Contrary to your username methinks :greengrin

Hibee Ryan
Let's see:

O'Hanlon errr no

Kujabi errr no

Booth errrr no.

2 of of 3 are now off, so can't do much now.

Kujabi is meh at best and Booth NEEDS to go to a 1st division team for 6 months on loan

steviehibsleith
Pat Fenlons changes have not been poor or shockers. Booth, Ohanlon and Kujabi are players who should all be capable of producing enough against a 2nd division team. Cookie up front im not sure about but come on guys this is a blip we are second in the Premier league and resting a few players . Its the players on the park who have let us down.
Im not happy getting beat in a cup competition but flipping heck lets not call for Paddys head !

Ozyhibby
28-08-2012, 08:32 PM
You're missing the point. You said playing a weakened team should be a sacking offence. You didn't qualify it by saying our pool is too small etc. So, should he be sacked for making use of the pool or for picking the wrong ones or just simply because you've been after his scalp ever since he was appointed?

That's because he is useless.

TornadoHibby
28-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm obviously listening at home, but we sound a bit disjointed and out of character- in terms of what we have achieved in recent weeks. It's unfortunate, but hopefully we can show against Celtic that it was just "one of those nights".

I've seen better Hibs teams get beaten by lower league teams.

Just don't see the point of making such a comment! :confused:

It's here and now we are interested in not some distant memory of another defeat to a lower league teàm!

You'd have thought that we were immune from this kind of event if you were only reading the posts on here over the week-end! :rolleyes:

Hibs7
This is a game Hibs should have sailed through, Fenlon still has a lot to do.

ajay4hibs
this is horrible to listen to and yet another season where we lose out on silverware in cups, shows we need to bring in quite a few players this season, feel bad for the 400-500 that went to the game this evening, and the players should really look at this performance!!

hibee_girl

Sparky has been utter mince tonight. If he'd taken his chances, we'd at least have been 2-2 right now.

But we never criticise 'the untouchables', we blame it all on the manager, whine about how we're going to be relegated blah blah blah blah blah.

Griffiths was saying on twitter yesterday how he felt awful with the flu, was surprised to see him in the starting 11!

JHFC
Shocking result but at least it is a wake up call to sign some more players to have a bit of depth.

Also we can now consentrate on the leaugue and have a better season!

Tricla

No he's no.

Vault Boy
FT, put it behind us, bring on Smeltic :flag:

The Voice Of Reason

Oh dear - what a horrible post.

I don't think your hero Arnie would be so accepting of his team going out in a whimper to a team 2 divisions below them.

Gatecrasher
Of course Im not expecting anyone to be happy, but calls for PF head is more embarassing than the performance tonight. I'll be honest when I read the starting line up I wasnt thrilled but we should still be able to have the quality there to be able to put a second division team away. Every team has off days, I guess tonight was just ours.
I disagree, I would say getting pumped out the cup by a 2nd Division team is more embarrassing than a few guys letting off steam on a message board.

Speedway
28-08-2012, 08:34 PM
People calling for Fenlon to be sacked really need to calm down.

Yes, we're out the cup but we're 2nd in the league, the league, IMO, is more important and would rather that just for this season we concentrate on finishing high in the league without the distraction of 2 cups.

Just trying to look at the positives, of course I'd rather win the league cup but it could be worse than going out early on :aok:

What????

The distraction of the cups? Let's remove the 'distraction' of the league and just not play at all then!!

**** sake!!!!!!

Any clue how we make money at Hibs?

Jonnyboy

Which you've never tired of saying since he arrived

mcfly
Squad isn't good enough and this result is embarrassing.

Poor show hibs

Westie1875

This sums it up for me. We are Hibs, we realistically have the chance of two trophies per season, why we would intentionally put out a weakened team in one of those competitions is beyond me and it is so frustrating as a fan to see it happen. Yes, there is no guarantee we would have beaten QOS with a full strength team but now we will never know. As others have said, we should have played our first team and then changed it if possible if we went a couple of goals up.

I can take losing, but losing when we haven't tried as hard as we can to win is unacceptable IMO.

Hibstrooper

Whilst I would agree, for me the priority this season needs to be the league and establishing ourselves in the top half of that again.

We do have a thin squad so we need to give others competitive game time as we aren't going to get thru the season using the same 14/15 players, tonight was the best opportunity to do that.

goosefat
Oh well.

At least now we can concentrate on the 'proper' cup, aim for a top 4 finish and maybe look forward to a quick 'in and out' qualifying game in the Europa League next season.

Happy days...

:scarf:

Wotherspiniesta
28-08-2012, 08:35 PM

Where have you been the last 2 weeks? :rolleyes:

matty_f
I think everyone has a right to be raging at this.

Feel good factor was back and then instead of maintaining the momentum we play a weakened side and get embarrassed.

Totally undoing the good work in the process and ending our chance of going on a cup run.

How anyone can justify Fenlon's decision when we're out the cup is beyond me.

Hibs are the world's worst side for shooting themselves in the foot.

hibeequinn
Time to turn off mobile and rip house phone out the socket both phones will be bombarded with smelly yams :(

cabbageandribs1875

the uberites have to have their say, down with the realists

blackpoolhibs
This is a disgraceful result.

The Voice Of Reason

Our 1st team squad is being turned over by a 2nd division team. This isn't some knee jerk reaction, I said pre game we were miles away from being good enough to rest players. However a Hibs team made up of regulars and squad players should be beating QOTS.

The board have been quick to tell us we need to buy STs, we're not soft anymore then bang out the 1st major cup competition at the 1st hurdle. We're improving no doubt but the sqaud is still totally lacking in depth and from a morale point of view we didn't need this tonight.

All the folk saying we shouldn't moan, are over reacting etc are the ones that need to get a grip. Like it or lump it losing to a 2nd division team is garbage and fans are going to moan about it.

Spot on.

Ozyhibby
28-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Which you've never tired of saying since he arrived

If that's the case then it's lucky for me that Fenlon keeps proving me right.

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm not comparing the squads I'm making the point that playing a weakened side is not, in itself, a sacking offence.

it is on a tuesday :cb

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 08:37 PM
What????

The distraction of the cups? Let's remove the 'distraction' of the league and just not play at all then!!

**** sake!!!!!!

Any clue how we make money at Hibs?

Qualifiying for the Europa league would be a big one. This season is a big one for Hibs in the league, IF we can do well in the league and have the bad performances in the cups then we can finish 2nd/3rd.

Keep the faith instead of trying to rip into our club at every given oppurtinity

Jonnyboy

If we beat Celtic will you disappear into hibernation again?

jabis
ok we got beat,lets not get informed by the "I've got a wee tadger" brigade :greengrin

support the Hibees

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 08:38 PM

Wow. Amazing.

Genuinely lost for words. 2nd in the SPL. Useless. Wow.

Have you ever thought of enjoying a simpler sport, like throwing rocks at a tree?

Spike Mandela
That's cup football I suppose. Ho hum. Should bring our fledgling recovery back in to sharp focus I suppose.

Mr Fenlon does seem to attract the embarrassing result or two:rolleyes: Come on Pat, up your game please.:cb

Alfred E Newman
Oh well, another day of ridicule to look forward to tomorrow. We should be used to it by now.

500miles
28-08-2012, 08:39 PM
We gave away two stupid goals and missed sitters. Kujabi played because he set up 3 goals in the reserves, and Kuqi was looking to get fit.

McPake is also a player that we obviously look to protect, and will need against Celtic.

I would still have liked to have beat QoS, particularly because it's my girlfriend's team, but such is life - we need to go and prove that it was a blip in our next league match, by showing quality, invention, commitment, hard work and resoluteness.

That laddie Carmichael sounded like a right pain in our arse. Maybe the sort of player Pat would like to know more about?

Thecat23
Make no mistake, a good cup run is what we all want including Pat. If the fringe players aren't up for it because they know they won't play next sat then I have 2 words for them... **** OFF. Don't disrespect this club because you can't get a game. This shows why! If we played our first choice team and say McPake was injured we would be raging saying it was a game for the fringe guys so for me, this was the players fault for being gash not Pats as he gave them a chance to prove themselves and put them in his thoughts for upcoming games. Let down AGAIN.

The Voice Of Reason

"if we beat Celtic".........oh please :rolleyes:

TomoHFC
****ing embarrassing

Emerald
Shocking result but at least it is a wake up call to sign some more players to have a bit of depth.

Also we can now consentrate on the leaugue and have a better season!
A wake up call???? Lets wait until we're out the cup to strenghen our team without the money we could have used from a decent cup run. Another disaster for the PF scrap book.

Hibby Bairn
Qualifiying for the Europa league would be a big one. This season is a big one for Hibs in the league, IF we can do well in the league and have the bad performances in the cups then we can finish 2nd/3rd.

Keep the faith instead of trying to rip into our club at every given oppurtinity
I can assure you there is no chance of Hibs finishing 2nd or 3rd in the league. No chance whatsoever.

staunchhibby
Another disgraceful display and a let down for the travelling support/Why the hell change a winning team is beyond me.

Wotherspiniesta

It says a lot for "fans" like you that even after I called you out for WANTING the club to lose so you could say " I told you so" regarding your thoughts on Fenlon, that you didn't even deny my suspicions.

Lucky for you that he keeps proving you right?

You're glad Hibs are losing so you can continue this pathetic, petty campaign to drive Paddy out the door.

I actually dispair.

lucky
Shocking result, can't help think that Pat should have kept his mouth shut about winning it. It's unacceptable getting knocked out by a team from the 2cd division. Will be interested to read the views of those who went about how the players actually played.

Speedway

Go on, show me where I've said we're getting relegated?

Nope, we have off seasons.

I disagree, I would say getting pumped out the cup by a 2nd Division team is more embarrassing than a few guys letting off steam on a message board.

I would agree. I'm often one of the first to mock the knee jerkers, doom and gloomers , 'it's a disgrace' brigade etc, but tonight I'm a fully paid up member of them all. That result IS a disgrace and Fenlon should be roasted for it.

His ONLY out is if it transpires that these were enforced changes but I highly doubt that.

IWasThere2016
28-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Maybe they win competitions so fans understand.

We are Hibs and don't have a squad strong enough to rotate. Best 11 should have played this evening and got the job done then make the subs and rest players.

We aren't going to win the league so cups give the fans a lift / a chance of getting to a final ( especially when Rangers are weaker than ever!) but we do the typical Hibs thing....do well for a few games then undo all the good work.

:rolleyes:

Even though we have won our last 2 we are still needing players for the 1st team to stay in the top 6 - bottom line is our squad isn't good enough to rotate and I like Fenlon but it's poor management!

This for me.

Ozyhibby

If we beat Celtic then I'll be as delighted as everyone else on here.

goosefat

You're right. Mila Kunis is really not much of a singer.

chrisski33

If we beat celtic, which we wont, it would make this result look worse! Ffs we shud be beating the likes of QOS no matter what!

frazeHFC
One of the worst performances i have ever seen. Embaressing to be a Hibee tonight.

JimBHibees
28-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Got to be said a disgraceful result and very embarressing to be indicated we went out with a whimper. Could see a reason for SOH however Booth and Kujabi FFS. I genuinely hope PF wasnt trying to be smart and using the game to either show the weakness of squad or putting some of the dross in the shop window. Typical Hibs 2 steps forward, 3 back.

Jonnyboy
"if we beat Celtic".........oh please :rolleyes:

What's your problem? We might, who knows. Funny old game football

Westie1875
We gave away two stupid goals and missed sitters. Kujabi played because he set up 3 goals in the reserves, and Kuqi was looking to get fit.

McPake is also a player that we obviously look to protect, and will need against Celtic.

I would still have liked to have beat QoS, particularly because it's my girlfriend's team, but such is life - we need to go and prove that it was a blip in our next league match, by showing quality, invention, commitment, hard work and resoluteness.

That laddie Carmichael sounded like a right pain in our arse. Maybe the sort of player Pat would like to know more about?

Anything we get against Celtic is a bonus IMO, I would much rather have still been in the cup and taken a defeat at Parkhead on Saturday.

TornadoHibby

The analogy between MUFC & Arsenal and Hibs fielding 'weakened' teams in League Cup games is seriously flawed as you well know!

The former two teams still field several top level full internationals and youth internationals whereas Hibs do not! :confused:

That's the point that the poster was using to justify his 'sacking' point I think!

Broken Gnome
Silver lining - glaring proof to all that we're still miles away from being equipped for the season.

And Hampden demons ain't banished in the League Cup, therefore all emphasis on the other one. Good stuff Hibs.

The Voice Of Reason
Oh well, another day of ridicule to look forward to tomorrow. We should be used to it by now.

My thoughts exactly..........hope the players are in tomorrow (not to the comfy training centre, but to gullane sand dunes).

Tossers.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2012, 08:42 PM
If we beat Celtic then I'll be as delighted as everyone else on here.

But unwilling to give any credit to PF

Northernhibee
It says a lot for "fans" like you that even after I called you out for WANTING the club to lose so you could say " I told you so" regarding your thoughts on Fenlon, that you didn't even deny my suspicions.

You're glad Hibs are losing so you can continue this pathetic, petty campaign to drive Paddy out the door.

I actually dispair.

True. Too many on here seem DELIGHTED that we've lost in order to carry on their petty agenda.

WE ARE SECOND IN THE SPL.

Seeing as how this is all too commonly forgotten, some people need to be reminded. Am I pissed off with that result? Absolutely. I'm not going to be idiotic enough to ask "Do I want to see Pat Fenlon out of the door" because it's utterly ridiculous as a question.

Chris.igoe
At least the odds on us beating Celtic will be better 1 plus and I still think we can beat them with our 1 team oot

Thecat23

Yams can't rip you mate.. Here's why... Because they are inbred, smelly, beasting, trampy, p1ss smelling, dog **** licking, red neck ****s.

Tell them that next time and always remember your not one of them you a Hibby!!!

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Pretty strong really.

Glad to see Booth back, assuming he'll play left back and Kujabi left mid?

Hope Kujabi and O'Hanlon play well, would make me feel a bit more comfortable about our squad depth.

:hilarious

sleeping giant
Upsets happen in every cup competition.
No team can just turn up and pi$$ about thinking they can go through.

Fenlon will get crucified for this on here and rightly so.

You can't pi$$ about in the cups.

Fair play to Queen of the South.

Spike Mandela
Wow. Amazing.

Have you ever thought of enjoying a simpler sport, like throwing rocks at a tree?

Have a word with yourself, 2nd in the SPL:rolleyes:, we've played 4 league games this season and been horsed in one of them and now out of the League cup. Yes we have had 2 victories and things look promising but victories are a rarity of Mr Fenlon's tenure so far.

Jonnyboy
If we beat celtic, which we wont, it would make this result look worse! Ffs we shud be beating the likes of QOS no matter what!

Ah right. Well let's hope the players ensure we get humped so as to avoid that scenario

Hibee Ryan
I can assure you there is no chance of Hibs finishing 2nd or 3rd in the league. No chance whatsoever.

Why not? Hearts aren't at the races, Killie won't score many either will St Johnstone, Aberdeen aren't brilliant, Motherwell are weakened significantly, Dundee United will be up there but if we can win games like we did on Saturday against teams like Motherwell and Aberdeen then why not?

Tricla

Feel good factor was back and then instead of maintaining the momentum we play a weakened side and get embarrassed.

Totally undoing the good work in the process and ending our chance of going on a cup run.

I agree Matty but for some to be calling the players (the same players who've done well recently) 'goons' and to be calling for PF's head is a wee bit OTT.

That team should still have been good enough to beat QOS.

Ozyhibby
28-08-2012, 08:44 PM

I actually dispair.

Shame you can't read. I said 'if that's true'.
There is nothing spiteful about it. He is just not good at the job. His record is about as bad as calderwood's.

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 08:44 PM
My thoughts exactly..........hope the players are in tomorrow (not to the comfy training centre, but to gullane sand dunes).

Tossers.

You might want to change your username, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Hiber-nation
28-08-2012, 08:45 PM

McPake is probably not going to be able to regularly play 2 games a week with his back problems. Maybury is 34 and will also struggle. But PF signed them both and must have known this!

I assume Fenlon would rather not risk any of them getting injured tonight and then potentially have to pitch in last season's losers at celtc park. But I can see both sides of the argument....we need continuity, we need revenue from cup runs.

Jonnyboy
The analogy between MUFC & Arsenal and Hibs fielding 'weakened' teams in League Cup games is seriously flawed as you well know!

The former two teams still field several top level full internationals and youth internationals whereas Hibs do not! :confused:

That's the point that the poster was using to justify his 'sacking' point I think!

So do you agree that regardless of the circumstances, playing a weakened team in a cup tie is a sacking offence? That's what was being said and that's what I used the analogy for because both of those esteemed managers did just that but were not sacked

The Sea-gull
Embarrassing result. Anyone who tries to say that this does not matter is kidding themselves. I feel cheated out of a cup run and the chance of a trip or two to hampden. Anyway, i am off to piss my bed.

Biggie
Queen of the ****ing south !....one step forward, two back...

The Voice Of Reason
What's your problem? We might, who knows. Funny old game football

What's my problem ?

I am ****** fuming at tonight's debacle...........do you realise we have been comprehensively beaten by a 2nd div team tonight ?!?!?!

Listen to billy Dodds - "it was easy for queens"

Disgrace.

joe breezy
28-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Ach well, if we win the league it will all be worth it...

HibsMax
Oh dear. What an awful result. Glad I'm picking up my new car today, meant I didn't have to listen to the last 15 minutes. Yes, I "left early". ;-)

Still, of all the things that could happen, being knocked out this cup is the "best case scenario" for me. I'm not making excuses, there is no way we should be losing to QoS, even with a weakened side. Embarrassing all around. Let's just hope this doesn't carry over into the league games.

Tricla
Make no mistake, a good cup run is what we all want including Pat. If the fringe players aren't up for it because they know they won't play next sat then I have 2 words for them... **** OFF. Don't disrespect this club because you can't get a game. This shows why! If we played our first choice team and say McPake was injured we would be raging saying it was a game for the fringe guys so for me, this was the players fault for being gash not Pats as he gave them a chance to prove themselves and put them in his thoughts for upcoming games. Let down AGAIN.

:top marks

Speedway
28-08-2012, 08:47 PM

Why not do both, winning tonight and getting humped on Saturday won't make a huge difference to where we finish but would keep us in the freaking cup.

Anything we get against Celtic is a bonus IMO, I would much rather have still been in the cup and taken a defeat at Parkhead on Saturday.

True. Too many on here seem DELIGHTED that we've lost in order to carry on their petty agenda.

Seeing as how this is all too commonly forgotten, some people need to be reminded. Am I pissed off with that result? Absolutely. I'm not going to be idiotic enough to ask "Do I want to see Pat Fenlon out of the door" because it's utterly ridiculous as a question.

Why are you hanging on to this '2nd in the SPL' as if it's some kind of achievement, we've played FOUR games. Does anyone think we'll still be second or better at full time at Parkhead?

Macaroon
28-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Seriously, this is ridiculous. We have people moaning at the manager, we have people moaning at the players, we have people moaning that people are moaning at the manager and players, we have people moaning at the people moaning that people are moaning.

We don't half do this well.

The result is shocking and the team should not have been changed so much. We should have gone far in this cup but once again we are out before the run even begins. But still, we are only 4 SPL games into the season and still have the Scottish Cup to compete in. One of the worst teams in Hibs' history got to the Scottish Cup final last year so who the hell is to say we can't do it again. We are hopefully looking to get another few signings in and continue to develop. People calling for Fenlon's sacking are absolutely ridiculous IMHO

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2012, 08:48 PM
You might want to change your username, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Thanks for that zzzzzzzzzzzzz

You might want to change your username...........I won't say what to though :aok:

jabis
28-08-2012, 08:49 PM

bet our next result is better..........................oh! just remembered,you welsh on bets :agree:

not good today,but not a disaster......still top of the league :greengrin

HibsMax
28-08-2012, 08:49 PM
What's my problem ?

I am ****** fuming at tonight's debacle...........do you realise we have been comprehensively beaten by a 2nd div team tonight ?!?!?!

Disgrace.

With some better finishing it wouldn't have been easy. If. But. We didn't.

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Why not do both, winning tonight and getting humped on Saturday won't make a huge difference to where we finish but would keep us in the freaking cup.

However a win on Saturday would be 3 massive points that most teams will not get, I would love to be in the next round of the league cup but there are more important things

blackpoolhibs
At least that means we can't be humiliated at hampden in another final.

Northernhibee

Why are you hanging on to this '2nd in the SPL' as if it's some kind of achievement, we've played FOUR games. Does anyone think we'll still be second or better at full time at Parkhead?

There's a possibility we might lose to Celtic? :panic:

Like it or not, even after four games when you consider the mess CC left us under and how everyone agreed it'd take 2-3 seasons to sort the mess out, 2nd in the SPL is a very good achievement.

But we don't do thinking here on .net so :panic:

Sir David Gray
28-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Shocking result.

Just when things were beginning to look a bit more positive, we get this kind of result.

Pathetic!

I'm_cabbaged

after four games we're second in the spl, champions league next year,eh. Five games and we're oot one of the two things we've got a chance to win!!

Speedway
However a win on Saturday would be 3 massive points that most teams will not get, I would love to be in the next round of the league cup but there are more important things

Nope there really aren't.

We can afford to take a defeat at Parkhead, we can't afford to be out of the cup. Simple really.

silverhibee
28-08-2012, 08:52 PM

Some managers would get sacked for a result like this.

Cauld Bovril
I`m a PF fan but unless the players he dropped were carrying knocks, mistakes have been made. We have lots of new players who need more games together, so continuity would surely have been more beneficial than resting players.

Jonnyboy
What's my problem ?

Disgrace.

It hurts, you're right. You're also right that the manager and players let us down. I feel the same on both counts but these same 'tossers' have taken 7 out of 9 possible points in their last 3 games and frankly don't deserve some of the quite appalling name calling going on in here tonight. We lost, it happens - so did Killie and so did Ross County. Both were at home to lower league sides.

You picked me up on saying 'if we beat Celtic' and pretty much ridiculed me for suggesting such a thing. That's why I asked you what your problem was. I don't appreciate being ridiculed for posing a question.

HibsMax

I think people are hanging onto us being second because you know as well as I do, if we were last or second last people would be fuming and using that as fodder to oust Petrie / STF / Paddy / anyone. We could easily have 0 points. We don't. We have 7. Better than lots of people were predicting.

BarneyK
28-08-2012, 08:53 PM

I've got to agree with the majority here - in the big picture, 3 points on Saturday means **** all compared to going out - meekly at that - in one of the two trophies we can reasonably hope to win. The players should have been good enought to beat QOS, but Paddy should know them well enough by now to know that some of them simply cannot be relied upon.

Speedway
There's a possibility we might lose to Celtic? :panic:

Like it or not, even after four games when you consider the mess CC left us under and how everyone agreed it'd take 2-3 seasons to sort the mess out, 2nd in the SPL is a very good achievement.

But we don't do thinking here on .net so :panic:

No, 2nd will be an achievement if we're there at Christmas.

We got as high as 6th or 7th before a ball was kicked this season, what an achievement eh?

Northernhibee
Some managers would get sacked for a result like this.

Name them. What managers would get sacked for one bad result after visible progress?

This should be a laugh.

500miles

The league is your bread and butter - but even then, a McPake-less (and Maybury-less) Hibs should still be capable of beating QotS.

chrisski33
28-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Wow. Amazing.

What? 2nd in the league after 4 games so what!
We should have beaten Qos full stop.

Will only get excited if we are 2nd top half way through season. Werent we top of league with john collins? Where were we when he jumped ship?

Chuck Rhoades
Why the **** is Booth the golden boy again? Both goals came down his channel! Booth, Kujabi and O'Hanlon shouldnt be near the team again anytime soon. Hanlon looking suspect again without McPake. Same old though, Booth escapes all criticism.

This proves we have a bare minimum squad and unable to rest first team players.

Vault Boy
People having a go at Fenlon :rolleyes:
Despite the changes, that team, SHOULD have won today. They didn't play well and that is down to them. It is much better that McPake, easily our best defender was rested and remained fit, rather than being risked and injured during a scrappy sort of game, in which there are generally more fouls. Booth is a youngster who is highly rated by many on here, he was given a chance and didn't take it. Kujabi, many, many fans said he should have been played in left midfield, he was and he wasn't good enough. O'Hanlon is an experienced player, who had made improved performances late last season, he should have been enough.

All in all, it's obviously a poor result, but what matters is that we have kept key players fit and now we know a wee bit more about some of our fringe players. Get over it.

jabis
after four games we're second in the spl, champions league next year,eh. Five games and we're oot one of the two things we've got a chance to win!!

aye....cabbaged..........lets have some hibs fans on here !

Hibee Ryan
28-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Nope there really aren't.

We can afford to take a defeat at Parkhead, we can't afford to be out of the cup. Simple really.

If we win the Scottish cup this season or finish second in the league, people will forget about this result. I, like every Hibs fan, would rather win the Scottish cup or finish second in the league.

I want to be in the next round but the fringe players let us down big time tonight. Hibs have taken a bad blow tonight but this season is far from over! :pfgwa

GreenCastle
28-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Some fans excuses on here are embarrassing and :ostrich::ostrich: very yammish.

I said it in my last post -we are Hibs - not Real Madrid / Chelsea who have players to rotate who can switch around and do a job if asked.

We have shown a lack of respect for QOS, the travelling fans, the fans at home this evening and the competition itself this evening by not picking our best 11. Unless there were serious injuries the team should been the same.

I would have probably even written off the Celtic game to get through this evening as Hibs have more chance to do well in the cups (obviously with a favourable draw) than over the whole league season.

The excuses about not knowing players are good enough, it's only the cup, least we are 2nd in the league (that's not going to last!), concentrate on the league etc are a losers mentality.

Remember all the guff we were promised about a new Hibernian - harder to beat etc etc. That has to be in all competitions - that's how you change a losing environment into a winning one. Like I said the good work from the last 2 games has been undone this evening. :rolleyes: Typical Hibs many say - but it's not good enough - especially 2v0 against a part time team.

ronaldo7
28-08-2012, 08:56 PM
What's my problem ?

Disgrace.

Jeezo. What an absolutely garbage result but when were told to listen to Billy ******g Dodds, that really takes the biscuit.

Think I'll leave y'all to get on with it for the night.:wink:

ALF TUPPER
No excuses will do for me tonight. That's a shocker. QoS played great. Well done to them.

But FFS Hibs !! A Div 2 team. No matter how well they played individually and as a team - we should still have turned them over. No excuse.

The Voice Of Reason
It hurts, you're right. You're also right that the manager and players let us down. I feel the same on both counts but these same 'tossers' have taken 7 out of 9 possible points in their last 3 games and frankly don't deserve some of the quite appalling name calling going on in here tonight. We lost, it happens - so did Killie and so did Ross County. Both were at home to lower league sides.

You picked me up on saying 'if we beat Celtic' and pretty much ridiculed me for suggesting such a thing. That's why I asked you what your problem was. I don't appreciate being ridiculed for posing a question.

Fair enough...........apologies, i will try and calm down a bit. :agree: