PDA

View Full Version : NHC Qpr

hfc rd
28-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Just saw on SSN that they are in talks with Inter Milan and Brazil gk Julio Cesar. If you look at all their transfers this summers and the players they have been linked with and if it all goes wrong they are probably going to become the next Leeds/pompey.

Won't suprise me if Harry Redknapp becomes the manager.

jacomo
28-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Read a great comment last week about Mark Hughes building "a team that would be brilliant 5 years ago".

The owner Tony Fernandes says all the right things and seems to love the attention he's getting but I agree... how long will he stay the course? Loftus Rd ain't much of a money spinner either.

Kaff
28-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Read a great comment last week about Mark Hughes building "a team that would be brilliant 5 years ago".

The owner Tony Fernandes says all the right things and seems to love the attention he's getting but I agree... how long will he stay the course? Loftus Rd ain't much of a money spinner either.

I'm just going out so don't have time to go in depth but i believe their net spend to date has been £1.5m.
Obviously the problems lie ahead in wages and length of contracts but i believe the parachute payments are to be increased by as much as 75% and as such a relegated team 'wins' more than the league winning side! (i can be corrected on that as i heard it in passing on the radio). If thats the case then 2 year contracts as such shouldnt lead to financial meltdown if they do get relegated (as long as the books balance in the EPL)
As a side note a new site has been earmarked in the area for a new ground, its currently called the 'Linford Christie Stadium'. I think planning is fairly well advanced on this.

wearethehibs
28-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I backed them to sign Micheal Owen after I heard they missed out on Bellamy. Just wished they'd hurray up and do it lol.

ScottB
28-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Fernandes is no fool by any means, his businesses are very successful, and he's made a decent job at building up an F1 team (Caterham) from scratch. He is a big a football fan, but of West Ham. Whether he just really wanted a football club, or bought QPR from its previous owners, including Bernie Ecclestone to curry some favour with him I don't know.

Kaff
28-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Fernandes is no fool by any means, his businesses are very successful, and he's made a decent job at building up an F1 team (Caterham) from scratch. He is a big a football fan, but of West Ham. Whether he just really wanted a football club, or bought QPR from its previous owners, including Bernie Ecclestone to curry some favour with him I don't know.

He got turned down when he offered to buy into West Ham