PDA

View Full Version : McPake and Cairney

eebsie
27-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Watching the pair of them from the East Stand it looked like they were having a bit of a "go" at each other after Hanlon's goal. Any ideas why?

AlbertK86
27-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Both vying for Hibees Weegie of the year award !!

Wotherspiniesta
27-08-2012, 08:32 PM
McPake pointed at him, and then they hugged.

Hardly worthy of a thread.

cocopops1875
27-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Both vying for Hibees Weegie of the year award !!

Its a big honour and well worth winning as the Prize includes Full shower privileges and a course of Elocution Lessons :greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-08-2012, 08:37 PM
If the players are having a bit of a snarl at each other then good imo, shows they care.

Deegan said in his post match interview he keeps on at players constantly so they don't drift out a game. That's the kind of thing we need so we arent soft touches anymore.

Irish_Steve
27-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Slight digression from the thread but Sat was the first time I`ve seen Cairney in the flesh - he`d give Garry O a run for the biggest size erse I`ve seen in a pair of Hibs shorts (on the pitch that is!). Cairney can get around the field Ok but he does look a tad overweight to me

Scott Allan Key
27-08-2012, 08:54 PM
If the players are having a bit of a snarl at each other then good imo, shows they care.

Deegan said in his post match interview he keeps on at players constantly so they don't drift out a game. That's the kind of thing we need so we arent soft touches anymore.

:agree:
That sounds like just what we need! Leaders all over the pitch. It's only the start of the rebuild, we need permanent players rather than loanees to maintain momentum, ideally. Nevertheless, if players are motivating and encouraging each other on the pitch, it will instill professionalism and a winning mentality.

hibeemikey21
27-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Slight digression from the thread but Sat was the first time I`ve seen Cairney in the flesh - he`d give Garry O a run for the biggest size erse I`ve seen in a pair of Hibs shorts (on the pitch that is!). Cairney can get around the field Ok but he does look a tad overweight to me

Has spent a lot of the summer bulking up, muscle-wise allegedly. It's hard to avoid putting on a bit of podge when doing that. He'll burn it off soon I'm sure!

lugz
27-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Never seen this from the middle of the east but did see the two embrace each other at the end to celebrate the victory. Think Deegan could be a big player for us once he has time to settle not a bad start though!

Dinkydoo
27-08-2012, 09:48 PM
In Fenlon's post match interview he said that the players had voiced their opinions at half time about how poor they had been so far, and he was glad because this is the type of mentality he is trying to create at the club. "Theres nothing worse than having things not going right and people sitting there not saying anything, that was what it was like when I came to the club and is something i've tried to change. Some of the characters we've brought in will do that".

They then came out and put in a much better shift second half IMO.

Diclonius
27-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Deegan and McPake were having a go at each other when the teams came out at the start of the second half. Didn't seem too bad however cause they shook hands after it.

stevenhibs
27-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Absolutely the right attitude to have. As long as they are all clever and sensible enough to make sure it never oversteps the mark.

eebsie
28-08-2012, 06:41 PM
McPake pointed at him, and then they hugged.

Hardly worthy of a thread.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this non worthy thread.