PDA

View Full Version : Views of the big team

S.sct
27-08-2012, 07:11 PM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114204806

Interesting view of the self proclaimed big team from the sheep.

lyonhibs
27-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Also proclaims our away support to Pittodrie as pish which is a fair enough point.

S.sct
27-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Just in case the link does'nt work ive copied one of the comments from the thread below. We get a bit of a slagging too but we dont have the massive 400,000 fan base they do ;-)

I walked up the lane between the graveyard and away support at the end of the game and had a look across at away support and was shocked to see 3 coaches and 3 minibuses with that amount thought they would have brought up a larger support

Hibee Ryan
27-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Hmm they say that they bring 1200 fans to us? That defo isn't true, that would surely be the whole bottom tier, or very similar and they defo don't bring that

Broken Gnome
27-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Aberdeen's support is hardly the mass throng they claim it to be. They never play at ER at the crap kick-off times we get up there either. And for a support which tried to claim they outnumbered us 2 to 1 and Hampden, they can do one.

The big team stuff is tiresome whoever spouts it. All much of a muchness, and none of us have had much worthwhile reason to make the effort of late.

Barney McGrew
27-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Hmm they say that they bring 1200 fans to us? That defo isn't true, that would surely be the whole bottom tier, or very similar and they defo don't bring that

1200 would be a small number for them to bring. The bottom half of the South holds about 2k.

Aberdeen are one of the bigger away supports.

HibbyAndy
27-08-2012, 07:23 PM
This the same Aberdeen support that took a pishy 4K last season to Todders against Dunfermline?.

Hibee Ryan
27-08-2012, 07:28 PM
1200 would be a small number for them to bring. The bottom half of the South holds about 2k.

Aberdeen are one of the bigger away supports.

Aww I thought it was a little less.

I don't think they have even thought about the kick off times for us getting there, trying to get to Aberdeen for a 12:30 kick off on a Saturday or Sunday morning is just painful

R'Albin
27-08-2012, 07:29 PM
The Sheep fans' fetish over having bigger crowds is pathetic. "Oh we're famous, we've got the biggest and best away support in the league" is all I seem to ever hear from them.

hibsbollah
27-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Tiresome cockmeasuring.

Northernhibee
27-08-2012, 07:32 PM
What we're seeing nowadays is that Hearts aren't, never have and probably never will be a big team.

A big team doesn't need to pay huge wages to attract quality players. If you do that, your players are paying for their paycheque, not the shirt. Rudi Skacel, Ian Black and a fair few more showed that this summer when they couldn't leave the club quick enough now there's cutbacks.

The negotiations with James McPake were simple - James wanted a 3yr contract, we wanted to give 2. James wanted to play for longer than we were originally going to give him. It was never about the wages, the main negoation was with Coventry.

For years Hertz have tried to hide the fact that they're a wee team and not an appealing option to play for by paying way, way over the odds. Now they can't do that, they're showing that they're much less appealing compared to Hibs, where we have a strong and disciplined wage structure and let the club and facilities sell themselves. We signed McPake, Sparky, Clancy, Cairney, Maybury, Deegan, Williams and Kuqi; Williams chose us over the championship, they all have a good pedigree. Hertz have managed to attract Enckelman; a player notorious for being calamitous. That's it.

Big team? Don't make me laugh :flag:

S.sct
27-08-2012, 07:34 PM
What we're seeing nowadays is that Hearts aren't, never have and probably never will be a big team.

A big team doesn't need to pay huge wages to attract quality players. If you do that, your players are paying for their paycheque, not the shirt. Rudi Skacel, Ian Black and a fair few more showed that this summer when they couldn't leave the club quick enough now there's cutbacks.
U
The negotiations with James McPake were simple - James wanted a 3yr contract, we wanted to give 2. James wanted to play for longer than we were originally going to give him. It was never about the wages, the main negoation was with Coventry.

For years Hertz have tried to hide the fact that they're a wee team and not an appealing option to play for by paying way, way over the odds. Now they can't do that, they're showing that they're much less appealing compared to Hibs, where we have a strong and disciplined wage structure and let the club and facilities sell themselves. We signed McPake, Sparky, Clancy, Cairney, Maybury, Deegan, Williams and Kuqi; Williams chose us over the championship, they all have a good pedigree. Hertz have managed to attract Enckelman; a player notorious for being calamitous. That's it.

Big team? Don't make me laugh :flag:

exactly the response i was looking for :-)

Kato
27-08-2012, 08:04 PM
from that thread

There were a load of Jambos in the Bowning Club afore the game. OMG they were ugly up close. I ken I'm nae oil painting but I widnae go oot if I looked like that. Fa let them in?

:faf::faf:

hail1875hail
27-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Cant get on link the in the op:confused: Can somebody post another?:thumbsup:

hail1875hail
27-08-2012, 08:18 PM
from that thread

There were a load of Jambos in the Bowning Club afore the game. OMG they were ugly up close. I ken I'm nae oil painting but I widnae go oot if I looked like that. Fa let them in?

:faf::faf:

:greengrin:top marks

Alfred E Newman
27-08-2012, 08:31 PM
To be fair to them they usually do bring a decent support to ER and create a good atmosphere. Like us they have had to suffer equally dire times in recent years . The claim to have had 25000 fans at the cup semi is total nonsense of course but they are one of the better supported teams and the Scottish game needs a strong Aberdeen just as it needs a strong Hibs..

HoboHarry
27-08-2012, 11:45 PM

Hopefully that will work

Pretty Boy
28-08-2012, 07:55 AM
I love how the majority of sheep on that forum type like they talk.

It was like living in Iceland when I was up there.

maturehibby
28-08-2012, 08:21 AM
No wonder Hibs fans are reluctant to go to Pittodrie - when you compare what we offer to them and what is given back .
We are herded into a corner which is half open to the elements of the North sea no cover too for a vast majority of the crowd when we have went up in numbers .
It is Arctic all year round in that part of Aberdeen too with the icy wind that constantly blows in off the sea - makes you think if it is worth it - do I go and watch a game paying over £20 for the privilege and also the high risk of contracting pneumonia or a heavy cold at the least .
I seriously think every time about going north for the games against the "Dons" .
Aberdeen should revue where they put the away supporters as the area allocated is totally inadequate

Phil MaGlass
28-08-2012, 08:40 AM
No wonder Hibs fans are reluctant to go to Pittodrie - when you compare what we offer to them and what is given back .
We are herded into a corner which is half open to the elements of the North sea no cover too for a vast majority of the crowd when we have went up in numbers .
It is Arctic all year round in that part of Aberdeen too with the icy wind that constantly blows in off the sea - makes you think if it is worth it - do I go and watch a game paying over £20 for the privilege and also the high risk of contracting pneumonia or a heavy cold at the least .
I seriously think every time about going north for the games against the "Dons" .
Aberdeen should revue where they put the away supporters as the area allocated is totally inadequate

Its not only Aberdeen, sellik should do it aswell, restricted view pi5h nowadays when grounds are nowhere near selling out is ludicrous, travelling fans bring much needed cash and atmosphere to a stadium, away fans should be looked after better, as for Aberdeen being Scotlands 3rd big team,in the supporting sense I would definitely agree with that, their travelling support has always been good, I can also remember the days when they and D.Utd would regularly come to Glasgow with massive support and give the gruesome twosome both a royal humping, as someone has earlier said, Scotland needs a strong Hibs, Aberdeen and hertz.

Houchy
28-08-2012, 09:04 AM

What they also forget is that there is a fairly large population of Aberdeen fans living in Edinburgh from their glory years in the 70's and 80's and also IIRC, i'm sure there was quite a large migration decades ago of Aberdonians to Edinburgh for some reason or another (although this could be sh***:greengrin)

I personally know about 10 Aberdeen fans that go whenever the sheep are in Edinburgh, but obviously think twice about going to home games:agree:.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Agreed. The away end at Pittodrie is one of, if not the worst in the league. Don't see why we can't have the Merkland Road end behind the far away goals.

Aberdeen could close the area they use for away fans, give away fans behind the goals and move all their fans into the big, ridiculous looking stand, the main stand and the middle section of the stand where away fans currently get the corner section and still have masses of room left over.

Hibercelona
28-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Aberdeen fans are well up there with Hearts fans with the whole superiority complex. They still think its the 80s.

Phil MaGlass
28-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Aberdeen fans are well up there with Hearts fans with the whole superiority complex. They still think its the 80s.

cannae really blame Dons fans for having the superiority complex, after the number of league/cup wins and wins over the old firm and their European glory days, they were great to watch, I also think most Dons fans are big enough to realise their team have been pish for many years, even my mate who is a Dons fan says they are pi5h, doesnt stop him supporting them though.
Its not as if we have any real claim to be Scotlands 3rd team, especially after the number of so called fans who didnea turn up for the derby cos "the hertz were havin a party".

Hibercelona
28-08-2012, 11:03 AM
cannae really blame Dons fans for having the superiority complex, after the number of league/cup wins and wins over the old firm and their European glory days, they were great to watch, I also think most Dons fans are big enough to realise their team have been pish for many years, even my mate who is a Dons fan says they are pi5h, doesnt stop him supporting them though.
Its not as if we have any real claim to be Scotlands 3rd team, especially after the number of so called fans who didnea turn up for the derby cos "the hertz were havin a party".

I'm not denying Aberdeen's glory days. However, these days, they are certainly no bigger than Hibs and Hearts, even although many of their fans like to believe that they still are.

I don't think the last parts very fair. People were angry and hurting after that non-performance in the final against out biggest rivals in arguably the biggest game in our history to date. It would have been no different for any other club in the same situation.

lapsedhibee
28-08-2012, 11:09 AM
i'm sure there was quite a large migration decades ago of Aberdonians to Edinburgh for some reason or another

To escape The Typhoid?

SaulGoodman
28-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Leave them alone. Their teams so gash the only thing they have to shout about is a bit of success quite a few years ago, and the fact that they have a 'decent' support.

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 12:13 PM
That game at Pittodrie when CT gave them that non-penalty when Pawlett dived was ridiculous. Had two pairs of socks, thermal long johns that I use for camping, a pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, two t-shirts, a button up shirt on top of that and a thick jacket, hat and gloves and was still frozen to the bone. Mental.

cam75
28-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Was there last season with my 7year old son,during the match the sun came out so we moved over to the uncoverd section as that's we're the sun was (heat)only to be told we "were not allowed to sit there a security risk)£35 to sit in freezing bolltic conditions in the summer no thanks.

FRes Hibbie
28-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I've got time for any non-old-firm fans. It'd be nice to see a strong Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen in the SPL. I don't think that's ever happened in my lifetime. :rolleyes:

SaulGoodman
28-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I've got time for any non-old-firm fans. It'd be nice to see a strong Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen in the SPL. I don't think that's ever happened in my lifetime. :rolleyes:

I've got time for non old-firm fans too. But not when their heads are jammed up their own *****.

hail1875hail
28-08-2012, 03:15 PM

Hopefully that will work

Cheers :aok:

S.sct
28-08-2012, 05:19 PM

It certainly would make for more big games in the league. As long as we are stronger than the other two it would be nice yes.

Hainan Hibs
28-08-2012, 05:59 PM
What Aberdeen fans don't understand is that they are a north east version of jambos. Delusions of grandeur, the obsession with being the "3rd force", the insecurity over the size of their support. It's like two men fighting over who has the bigger tool when they are both sitting there with 4 inchers.

They love to go on about the size of their away support yet conveniently forget about the St Mirrenesque crowds they got last year at Pittodrie.

After three unfortunate years of living in Aberdeen putting up with their pish it was orgasmic after the semi-final to get them whipped up into a frenzy on the way back to Aberdeen on the .net bus, so much so we were warned no to stop in Stonehaven:greengrin