PDA

View Full Version : 2012 US Open

Pages : [1] 2

Sir David Gray
27-08-2012, 02:06 PM
The fourth and final Grand Slam of 2012 will begin in just under an hour.

We have three out of the big four arriving in New York with Rafael Nadal once again absent from the entry list as he continues his recovery from a knee injury that his kept him out since Wimbledon two months ago now.

Also looking to make an impression will be the likes of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, David Ferrer and former champion Juan Martin Del Potro.

Andy Murray is in first round action today against Alex Bogomolov Jr. and he is second on the Arthur Ashe Court, which should mean he is playing at around 6pm this evening (British time).

They've met three times before, all last year and all on hard courts and Murray leads 2-1. Bogomolov Jr. did have one major win over Murray which came at the Miami Masters when he won in straight sets.

I can't see a repeat of that scoreline today, though, even if Murray has been struggling over the past few weeks since his win at the Olympics.

Also in action on day one are Heather Watson and Laura Robson. Watson faces a tough match against China's Li Na and she is on at 4pm, whereas Robson faces a far more winnable match against American teenager Samantha Crawford. She will play at around 9pm.

Roger Federer is also beginning his quest to win a record sixth US Open title to follow up on his success at Wimbledon in July. He will play Donald Young in the second night match on Arthur Ashe Court, which should mean that he's on at around 2am tomorrow morning (British time).

PatHead
27-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Not really enjoyed this Murray display. Need to up his game.

Sir David Gray
27-08-2012, 10:40 PM

Looking at the scoreboard, a 6-2 6-4 6-1 victory looks quite straightforward. However that doesn't begin to tell the story of this match. It was certainly a well below-par performance by Murray and it wasn't one that he looked at all happy about. His serving was atrocious, hitting five double faults in the match and in the first set, his first serve percentage was 28%. That's a statistic that you wouldn't expect to see in a local club match, never mind from the world number four in a Grand Slam match.

A win's a win but he'll have to improve dramatically if he's going to get through some of the earlier rounds, never mind at the end of next week when he'll be facing the likes of Federer and Djokovic.

He'll now play the Croatian Ivan Dodig. Again, I wouldn't expect Murray to have any problems with that match if he plays anywhere near his best but you never know after today.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Very poor serving performance, hopefully he steps up his game as the tournament advances.

Wilson
28-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Very poor serving performance, hopefully he steps up his game as the tournament advances.

Agree.

How often have we seen Federer or Djokovic have poor (relatively!) first matches before progressing on to play the game of their lives in the final. "Playing their way into the tournament" as they say.

A taste of their own medicine from Murray would do nicely.

Sylar
28-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Out of interest, are Djokovic and Federer in the same bracket?

IWasThere2016
28-08-2012, 09:33 AM

He was poor. First set was dreadful stuff in the opening 5/6 games.

HibbyAndy
28-08-2012, 03:25 PM
He will get better the deeper he gets into the tournament, No question about it.

I feel this is Murray's best chance of winning a major on this surface, Good luck son :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Murray due to be the 5th match on Arthur Ashe court, play starts at 1600. Hopefully he won't be on until the football finishes.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Robson v Clijsters is the 3rd match on the same court.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 10:01 PM
What a performance by Robson so far, 7-6 in set 1, 4-3 in set 2, she hits the ball so hard for a relatively small girl!

Keep going Laura!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 10:35 PM
2 0 Robson, absolutely outstanding effort!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I was in the pub and paid more attention to this than the classico!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Laura Robsons timing and power is amazing for someone of her age/size, a bit of finesse and a slightly better serve, she will be the best Uk female for years!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 10:57 PM
FH, you would've been impressed i presume?

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Just been speaking to an English guy in the pub that tells me Laura is 5ft 11in, i'm astonished if thats true!

Sir David Gray
29-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Out of interest, are Djokovic and Federer in the same bracket?

Nope. Murray is due to face Federer in the semis and Djokovic is due to face David Ferrer.

Federer is the number one seed and Djokovic is number two so they aren't due to face each other until the final.

FH, you would've been impressed i presume?

Fantastic win for Laura Robson. Kim Clijsters is such a massive champion and to beat her in straight sets is just brilliant. Even more significant is the fact that it's ended Clijsters' career as a singles player.

It's a really tough match for Robson now in round three against Li Na. She saw off Heather Watson in round one and will be an even bigger test for Robson. I will be really impressed if she can get past her in the next round.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Has Sharapova put on a bit of weight since The Olympics? She looks amazing and seems to be hitting the ball harder than a month ago!

Still room in my affections for Ana though!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 01:33 AM
1st set to Murray 6-2, if only getting to the 3rd round of the Olympics was this easy!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Set 2 to Murray 6-1.

A huge step up in standard from rnd 1.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Set 3 to Murray 6-3

Job done!

Bed time!

Sir David Gray
30-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Good victory for Murray, he needed that after his uncertain start in the first round.

Still, two matches played, two matches won and six sets out of six as well.

Can't say fairer than that.

He now plays either Pablo Andujar or Feliciano Lopez in round three. Cannot see either of them causing him any problems, although they will both be a bit of a step up from his two previous opponents.

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Good victory for Murray, he needed that after his uncertain start in the first round.

Still, two matches played, two matches won and six sets out of six as well.

Can't say fairer than that.

He now plays either Pablo Andujar or Feliciano Lopez in round three. Cannot see either of them causing him any problems, although they will both be a bit of a step up from his two previous opponents.

Felt Murray stepped it up bigtime there and choked a guy out of the game who could have been dangerous, had he been allowed to get any traction. More of the same should see him through the next round.

In the absence of Nadal, I get a feeling in my gut that only one of the existing big three left are going to make the final, and will play either some surprise packet or a next-tier pro. I obviously hope Murray is the chap to make it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 08:21 PM
JW Tsonga beat, thats a shock to say the least.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Andy Roddick announces that this will be his last tournament before he retires.

What an amazing competitor he has been over the years, comes across as a good lad too. I don't think he is willing to just compete at a lower level than he is used to when he knows his fitness levels are beginning to wane.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Andy Roddick announces his retirement following this tournament.

Never really took to him to be honest but he's certainly one that will be remembered and if it wasn't for Roger Federer, he would have won another two or three Grand Slams as well.

Not too sure why he wouldn't announce this after he's been knocked out of the tournament. I think that gives a massive boost to Bernard Tomic tomorrow night.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Robson takes set 1 6-4 v Li Na. Great start!

Sir David Gray
31-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Robson's playing really well here. This would be another fantastic win for her, against a top 10 player and a former Grand Slam champion too.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Li Na levels things up by taking the second set in a tiebreak.

Robson serving at 1-2 in the decider.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Robson breaks to go 3-2 up!

Bit of controversy earlier in that game when the umpire ruled a point had to be replayed when a Robson shot hit the baseline and Li Na didn't have a play on the ball but fortunately it didn't have a bearing on the outcome of the game.

PatHead
31-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Really impressed with Robson. She has improved dramatically since the beginning of the Olympics

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Fantastic effort, Robson wins 2 sets to 1.

PatHead
31-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Great victory

Sir David Gray
31-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Robson wins 6-4 6-7 6-2.

Superb performance and a very impressive result!

Into the last 16 now!

Well done Laura!

Hibee87
31-08-2012, 06:32 PM
well done robson :thumbsup: very good player with the potential to go onto win a number of slams. also very stunning :wink:

Wilson
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
well done robson :thumbsup: very good player with the potential to go onto win a number of slams. also very stunning :wink:

I wouldn't say she had to potential to win any slams. She could certainly be the best British female in a good many years as evidenced by her run in this tourney. Other than that though...

Also, get your eyes tested.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Also, get your eyes tested.

She's nae Ivanovic, but, you still would! ;-)

PatHead
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Murray 2nd on court today which I assume will be after 5pm

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Murray 2nd on court today which I assume will be after 5pm

Not before 6pm for his match today.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM

I've yet to see the potential for her to win any Grand Slams as she is still to do it against the very best players like Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka.

However these have been massive victories for her and I certainly wouldn't take anything away from her after beating two former Grand Slam champions.

Another tough one for her in the next round against Sam Stosur but from what I have seen of her in this tournament, I don't think she should go in with any fears whatsoever.

PatHead
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Not before 6pm for his match today.

Darn. Going out so I will need to Sky+ it and try to avoid the score.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Players out on court just now, still warming up.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Murray edges a tough first set, in a tiebreak.

jodjam
01-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Good first set. Lopez played well. Early break for Murray in second set. Looking good

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Another tiebreak, another success for Murray.

Lopez was 4-1 up in the tiebreak so it was a good effort by Murray.

Surely no way back from here for Lopez.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Things are never easy with Andy Murray.

6-4 to Lopez in the 3rd set and Murray not moving very great right now.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Murray wins 7-6 7-6 4-6 7-6 in almost 4 hours.

Some great entertainment and a great show from Lopez.

Need some valuable rest before his last 16 match as he was struggling at times during that match.

PatHead
01-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Just finished watching it. That's how to grind out a victory. Ffelt ynackered just watching it.

jodjam
02-09-2012, 07:58 AM
It was some game that had everything. Lopez played probably as well as he could and still couldn't get past him. Lopez was un-lucky in the second set which I thought he played the better tennis in.

Murray looked knackered and his back-room team will now play a big part as it will be another tough match v Raonic.

Still very confident that it's gonna be Murray's turn for a slam.

DaveF
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
It was some game that had everything. Lopez played probably as well as he could and still couldn't get past him. Lopez was un-lucky in the second set which I thought he played the better tennis in.

Murray looked knackered and his back-room team will now play a big part as it will be another tough match v Raonic.

Still very confident that it's gonna be Murray's turn for a slam.

That boy has some serve on him, so it will indeed be a very tough match for Murray.

Sir David Gray
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
That boy has some serve on him, so it will indeed be a very tough match for Murray.

He does indeed, he has averaged between 15 and 16 aces for every match that he's played this year which is the highest on tour.

However, Murray is one of the best returners in the game and I'm sure he'll beat Raonic if he plays anywhere near his best.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Just watched the first couple of sets of Murrays match then was told he had won, so, i've chucked it!

Looked to be feeling his back at times, hopefully he will be at full fitness for the 2nd week.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Robson v Stosur just started on SS3

Robson leads 2 1 in set 1 with break of serve, good start.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Stosur takes the first set 6 4. Too many unforced errors by Robson so far.

Sir David Gray
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Stosur wins the first set, 6-4 after Robson lead early on in the set with a break.

It will be interesting to see how Robson responds here after going behind in a match at this year's US Open for the first time.

Sir David Gray
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Schedule has been released for tomorrow and it's not good news for British viewers.

Andy Murray is the second match on Arthur Ashe for the night session, which means he will start against Milos Raonic at about 2am on Tuesday (UK time).

:grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm sure they are just getting us back for having William and Kates wedding over here during the day!

Sir David Gray
02-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Massive hold there for Robson after a game that lasted nearly 15 minutes.

Can Stosur serve it out now after seeing so many match points go by?

Sir David Gray
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
No is the answer to that question.

Robson breaks to get it back to 4-5 in the second set after saving so many match points over the past two games.

Come on, Laura! :aok:

heretoday
02-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Has Robson been on a new diet or something? She's a powerful machine now. I sense a title one day if she keeps improving.

Sir David Gray
02-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Stosur breaks to win 6-4 6-4.

It was a great effort by Robson to put up such a fight from 2-5 down but it was just a match too far for her.

Still a good experience over the past week for her and hopefully she can build on this over the next few months and into next year towards the Australian Open.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Robson out. Stosur wins set 2 6 4.

Great week for Laura though.

heretoday
02-09-2012, 10:41 PM
I've been watching it on the PC and the delightful thing was there was no commentary! No biased Brits making crass remarks and being "wise after the event". Bliss!

Laura is still a bit flat-footed and the serve needs attention but she's a powerful hitter.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Laura is still a bit flat-footed and the serve needs attention but she's a powerful hitter.

I agree, said much the same on page 1.

heretoday
03-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I agree, said much the same on page 1.

Oh sorry! I just zap out the posts! Bad manners.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Nae need to apologise, great minds and all that! ;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Looks like its going to be Beauty and the Beast in the next round with Ivanovic likely to face Serena.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Looks like its going to be Beauty and the Beast in the next round with Ivanovic likely to face Serena.

Serena will destroy her.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
So would I!

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 09:46 PM
When does the proper tennis start?

Sir David Gray
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM
When does the proper tennis start?

:confused:

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
:confused:

I thought it was the women that were on just now, it appears i was wrong. The proper tennis has started 6-6 and a tie break in the 1st set Berdych wins it.

Edit.
I'm watching eurosport, and the game is an earlier game, and they are showing the highlights.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I thought it was the women that were on just now, it appears i was wrong. The proper tennis has started 6-6 and a tie break in the 1st set Berdych wins it.

Edit.
I'm watching eurosport, and the game is an earlier game, and they are showing the highlights.

Oh right, ok.

Yeah it's a bit of a mixture each day.

There are 4 men's last 16 ties scheduled for today.

Marin Cilic beat Martin Klizan in straight sets and Tomas Berdych beat Nicolas Almagro by a similar margin.

Berdych will now play Roger Federer in the quarter finals after he got a bye when Mardy Fish pulled out for health reasons. He had a heart complaint earlier on in the year so hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Cilic will play the winner of tonight's final men's match between Andy Murray and Milos Raonic.

Just a quick update on this one for anyone looking in.

This match was originally scheduled on as the second night match on Arthur Ashe tonight, which would have seen Murray on at around 2am (British time).

However the weather forecast isn't good for later on tonight in New York, and into tomorrow, so they have changed the scheduling and it will see Murray begin his match at about 12:30am.

Wasn't going to watch any of this as I need to be up early in the morning but I might get to see a bit of the first set before turning in for the night.

jodjam
04-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Great win and serve not broken once. Cilic up next. Another performance like that will do

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Just finished watching Murray's match, a pretty much flawless performance. Keep it going Andy!

Sir David Gray
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Just watching the highlights on Sky Sports 2 just now whilst there is a rain delay in the live tennis.

Not surprised that he's won in straight sets to be honest, Raonic has a big serve but he's really not in Murray's league.

I expect a similar scoreline tomorrow when he takes on Cilic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Great match between Azarenka and Stosur, Azarenka wins the 3rd set on a tie break. Very pleasing on the eye too, but, that screaming is a bit much. If she ends up playing Sharapova the tv will need to go on mute!

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Great match between Azarenka and Stosur, Azarenka wins the 3rd set on a tie break. Very pleasing on the eye too, but, that screaming is a bit much. If she ends up playing Sharapova the tv will need to go on mute!

They were both in the final of the Australian Open at the start of the year and I think I managed to watch about two games.

It was unbearable.

Live tennis is just about to begin again in a few minutes and it's quite an interesting match between Juan Martin Del Potro and Andy Roddick. Once again this may be Roddick's last match as a professional tennis player and I think that it probably will be, to be honest.

I don't see him having enough to beat Del Potro over five sets and I that will be that for Roddick and his career.

The other matches which have yet to begin are Novak Djokovic v Stanislas Wawrinka and Philipp Kohlschreiber v Janko Tipsarevic.

David Ferrer is two sets up against Richard Gasquet.

jodjam
05-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Slightly off topic but just bought 2 days worth of tickets for the end of season finals at the O2. Was down 2 years ago and canny wait to go again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Murray 3rd on tonight, hopefully just as the England v SA ODI is coming to an end.

PatHead
05-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Murray 3rd on tonight, hopefully just as the England v SA ODI is coming to an end.

What time will that be?

CallumLaidlaw
05-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Slightly off topic but just bought 2 days worth of tickets for the end of season finals at the O2. Was down 2 years ago and canny wait to go again.

We're they easy to get hold of, and what's the prices like?

jodjam
05-09-2012, 05:38 PM

£22 a ticket but up in the gods. Going down for the wed-thu matches and if top seeds win first matches then you see the top 4 playing each other. Plus being midweek it's quieter. Last time I sweet talked a sec guard and got moved to front row for 3 out the 4 games.

It's great value and beats Wimbledon IMO as the weather is not a factor and you are seeing the best in the world. Plenty scots down last time

jodjam
05-09-2012, 05:43 PM

Forgot to add still tix for round robin games

£22 gets you a doubles and singles match

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 08:08 PM
What time will that be?

Murray's on after Del Potro and Roddick, which is looking like it could potentially go to 4 or 5 sets (they're only half way through the second set just now) so it could be nearer midnight before Murray's actually on.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Murray's on after Del Potro and Roddick, which is looking like it could potentially go to 4 or 5 sets (they're only half way through the second set just now) so it could be nearer midnight before Murray's actually on.

Scratch that.

They've changed the scheduling again and Murray's now on after Djokovic v Wawrinka on the Louis Armstrong court.

Djokovic looks like he'll be wrapping that up quite soon so Murray might be on in the next 30-60 minutes

Wotherspiniesta
05-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Murray up next. Wawrinka pulls out. 2 sets and a break down.

scoopyboy
Scratch that.

They've changed the scheduling again and Murray's now on after Djokovic v Wawrinka on the Louis Armstrong court.

Djokovic looks like he'll be wrapping that up quite soon so Murray might be on in the next 30-60 minutes

Wawrika has chucked it, Andy on now.

Sir David Gray
Wawrinka's just pulled out in the 3rd set so Murray will be on court in next 10 minutes or so.

Wotherspiniesta
05-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Cmon Roddick!

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Cmon Roddick!

Must admit, I've never been a big Roddick fan over the years, I found him quite boring to watch to be honest.

However, there's something different about him at this tournament. He's playing a really exciting style of tennis and as the commentators have been alluding to, I just wonder how much he'll be regretting that he hasn't played that way a lot more during his career.

I hope he wins tonight, although I think Del Potro will come through and win.

Del Potro is now two breaks up in the 3rd set, 3-0.

PatHead
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Poor crowd

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Poor crowd

Just thinking that, myself.

Considering the circumstances and what this match means, you would think the American crowd would want to support one of their own all the way and give him as much encouragement as possible.

Any efforts from now on though may be in vain as Del Potro has now moved ahead by two sets to one, after taking the third 6-2.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 09:38 PM
First set to Cilic, 6-3.

Not good at all by Murray so far and more worryingly, his attitude seems to be a bit off at the moment as well.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Del Potro beats Roddick in 4 sets and ends the American's career after 12 years as a professional.

Del Potro goes on to face Novak Djokovic in the quarter finals.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Meanwhile, things are going from bad to worse for Murray as he's gone two breaks down in the second set.

Now 6-3 4-1 down.

Maybe next year. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Murray grabs a lifeline from nowhere.

From 1-5 down, Cilic has served for the second set on two occasions and Murray has now won 5 games in a row and leads 6-5!

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Somehow Andy Murray manages to win that set!

From 1-5 down, he takes the tiebreak 7-4. Cilic really threw that away but credit to Murray over the past half an hour or so.

I don't see him losing it from now on but you never know!

CallumLaidlaw
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Superb end to the set from Murray. Bedtime for me unfortunately now!

scoopyboy
05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Somehow Andy Murray manages to win that set!

From 1-5 down, he takes the tiebreak 7-4. Cilic really threw that away but credit to Murray over the past half an hour or so.

I don't see him losing it from now on but you never know!

That's the thing wi Andy Murray, everyone now expects him to win from here.

Superb break of serve as I just finished last sentence.

Twiglet
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Break Murray! Hadn't even realised they'd started. Glad i only looked on bc site now or i would have been a wreck!
And Falkirk, don't say that! ;-p

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
It's all Murray now as he goes up two sets to one after taking the third set 6-2. :thumbsup:

Twiglet
05-09-2012, 11:35 PM
It's all Murray now as he goes up two sets to one after taking the third set 6-2. :thumbsup:

Have to sleep now, but hopefully when i wake up he'll have strolled the 4th set to wrap up the match.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Well done Andy, was fearing the worst halfway through the 2nd set. He seems to be back on his game now and should be find from here. The start wasnae good for the old ticker tho!

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Cilic has just hit a brick wall ever since he lost that second set.

This hasn't been a contest at all in sets 3 and 4.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Andy Murray wins 3-6 7-6 6-2 6-0 in exactly 3 hours!

Well done, Andy and good luck in the semis!

He'll play either Roger Federer or Tomas Berdych in the last four.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2012, 12:01 AM
6 0 in set 4, nice one Andy!

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Berdych beats Federer 3 sets to 1 to set up a semi v Murray on Saturday. Berdych played well, but, I'm sure Murray would prefer to play him than Roger. It'll still be a toughie for Murray tho.

Wilson
06-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Berdych beats Federer 3 sets to 1 to set up a semi v Murray on Saturday. Berdych played well, but, I'm sure Murray would prefer to play him than Roger. It'll still be a toughie for Murray tho.

I don't know. Sometimes he seems to play better when he is not favourite to win...

Also, he has a winning record (overall) against Fed and a losing one against Berdych!

Anyway, at this stage of the tournament he has to play out of his skin regardless of who is on the other side on the net.

jodjam
06-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I don't know. Sometimes he seems to play better when he is not favourite to win...

Also, he has a winning record (overall) against Fed and a losing one against Berdych!

Anyway, at this stage of the tournament he has to play out of his skin regardless of who is on the other side on the net.

Aye he's 4-2 down against Berdych but two of those defeats are on clay. What a chance for another final and i ken its asking a lot, but would be nice if someone can take Djokovic out before the final.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2012, 10:48 AM
he has a winning record (overall) against Fed and a losing one against Berdych!

Aye, they mentioned that after Berdych won. I just think the less members of the big 3 you need to beat to win a Major the easier (in comparison) your task is going to be.

Wilson
06-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Aye, they mentioned that after Berdych won. I just think the less members of the big 3 you need to beat to win a Major the easier (in comparison) your task is going to be.

... and given their dominance in the majors you are probably quite right.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
There's no doubt that Berdych beating Federer will have given Murray a big boost.

Berdych does have a big, powerful game when he's playing well and it certainly won't be easy for Murray (particularly if he plays as badly as he did for the first hour and a half or so last night) but, over 5 sets, my money would be on Murray to reach his second US Open final.

The problem will be that I can't see any way how Novak Djokovic won't also be in the final on Sunday. I think he'll beat Del Potro later tonight, maybe in 4 sets, and then he should have a relatively straightforward semi against either David Ferrer or Janko Tipsarevic.

PatHead
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
There's no doubt that Berdych beating Federer will have given Murray a big boost.

Berdych does have a big, powerful game when he's playing well and it certainly won't be easy for Murray (particularly if he plays as badly as he did for the first hour and a half or so last night) but, over 5 sets, my money would be on Murray to reach his second US Open final.

The problem will be that I can't see any way how Novak Djokovic won't also be in the final on Sunday. I think he'll beat Del Potro later tonight, maybe in 4 sets, and then he should have a relatively straightforward semi against either David Ferrer or Janko Tipsarevic.

Don't think he is a shoe-in against del Potro. Del Potro has improved as the year has gone on and has won here before. Definately think the winner of that quarter will make it to the final though.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Don't think he is a shoe-in against del Potro. Del Potro has improved as the year has gone on and has won here before. Definately think the winner of that quarter will make it to the final though.

Del Potro is a tough opponent, he has a huge forehand and obviously as a former champion, he shouldn't be dismissed. I just think Djokovic will have a little bit too much for him. It might go to 5 sets but I'll tip Djokovic to win in 4.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 07:58 PM
One set all in today's first quarter final between David Ferrer and Janko Tipsarevic.

Ferrer won the opener 6-3, however Tipsarevic has just levelled things by taking the second set on a tiebreak.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Maybe a bit of a surprise in store.

Tipsarevic takes the third set, 6-2 and goes two sets to one up.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 09:33 PM
It's going the distance though as Ferrer levels after taking the fourth set 6-3.

It's into a decider for a place in the last four.

Twiglet
06-09-2012, 10:41 PM
It's going the distance though as Ferrer levels after taking the fourth set 6-3.

It's into a decider for a place in the last four.

6-6 in the 5th. They play a tie-break in the US Open don't they?

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
6-6 in the 5th. They play a tie-break in the US Open don't they?

Yep, only grand slam which has a final set tiebreak.

Ferrer takes the final set on a tiebreak and goes through to the semis after more than 4 hours.

Huge respect to both players, it was a great contest and you've got to love David Ferrer.

Unbelievable endurance!

Sir David Gray
06-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Good bit of entertainment on Arthur Ashe just now with the exhibition doubles between John McEnroe/Adam Sandler vs Jim Courier/Kevin James.

Should be a laugh! :agree:

Hibee87
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Any Idea what channel I can find murray on tonight? I tried to watch murray match the other night and could only see euro sport but didnt have murray match on :confused:

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Any Idea what channel I can find murray on tonight? I tried to watch murray match the other night and could only see euro sport but didnt have murray match on :confused:

If you manage to see Andy Murray playing tonight then you better not tell Ivan Lendl.

Both men's semis are on tomorrow evening. :wink:

It'll be on one of the Sky Sports channels.

Hibee87
07-09-2012, 03:07 PM
If you manage to see Andy Murray playing tonight then you better not tell Ivan Lendl.

Both men's semis are on tomorrow evening. :wink:

It'll be on one of the Sky Sports channels.

yeah i just notied after i posted, im actually gutted as im out tomorrow night.....i thought his was the night and was all prepared to try and watch with a few beers whilst the missus watched some ***** like celebrity big bro

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Maria Sharapova has one foot in tomorrow's final as she's won the first set against Victoria Azarenka, 6-3.

To anyone looking to watch it, just a quick warning, it's a scream fest. :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
It's well into a third set now as Azarenka took the second, 6-2.

3-3 in the decider.

I have to watch it on mute though as the screaming is unbearable.

The authorities really have to clamp down on this in the women's game as it is really becoming unwatchable.

I refuse to believe that either Sharapova or Azarenka MUST scream like that in order to play good tennis.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Azarenka is through to her first ever US Open final after beating Maria Sharapova 3-6 6-2 6-4.

Serena Williams vs Sara Errani is up shortly.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Looks like Serena Williams will be making her 19th Grand Slam final tomorrow against Victoria Azarenka.

She won the first set 6-1 and is currently 2-0 up in the second set.

Twiglet
08-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Looks like Serena Williams will be making her 19th Grand Slam final tomorrow against Victoria Azarenka.

She won the first set 6-1 and is currently 2-0 up in the second set.

I think Williams will win today. She seems to have got form back in a big way. Straight sets win is what I'm going for.

Murray's semi at 4pm according to bbc. Really early match, hope it is to his advantage and it won't be too hot at that time of day.

PatHead
08-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Is there rain or something as BBC said match began at 4.00pm?

theonlywayisup
08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Is there rain or something as BBC said match began at 4.00pm?

:agree:
From US OPEN website: As of 9/8/12 at 11:40 a.m. ETThe weather is subsiding; we will begin to dry the courts and match play will commence. We will continue to provide updates on usopen.org. Thank you for your patience.

From BBC website:
Andy Murray's US Open semi-final against Tomas Berdych is delayed due to torrential rain in New York. It could be a while before the match starts as there is a tornado warning for the area.

jodjam
08-09-2012, 04:57 PM
The wind is making this a bit of a farce

Golden Bear
08-09-2012, 05:06 PM
The wind is making this a bit of a farce

What's the score so far?

scoopyboy
08-09-2012, 05:29 PM
What's the score so far?

Murray 5-4 down in the first set.

I can see Murray being beaten, not because of his tennis but his temprement.

The wind is making the game tricky as f*** and I think Murray will flip.

jodjam
08-09-2012, 06:11 PM

I thought same as you but Murray now a double break up in second.

hibs0666
08-09-2012, 07:29 PM

Murray is giving the boy a total lesson. :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
08-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I thought same as you but Murray now a double break up in second.

He must have a great chance now, surely:wink:

BroxburnHibee
08-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Scooshin it :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
08-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Murray is giving the boy a total lesson. :thumbsup:

Berdych gambling now.

Match is not finished yet.

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Murray needs to get out the blocks a bit quicker, he simply can't give someone like Djokovic a set of a start.

If he wraps this up now and reaches the final he has every chance of winning this.

PatHead
08-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Murray did well to hold his serve and Murray will do well to take this set. Berdych ain't finished yet. Why does Murray do this to us all the time?

PatHead
08-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Murray into final. Looked like he was cruising half way through 4th set as well then it got really tight. Its like watching Hibs!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Thats what sport is all about, magic entertainment. Well done Andy!

scoopyboy
08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Murray into final. Looked like he was cruising half way through 4th set as well then it got really tight. Its like watching Hibs!

I'm puggled after that.

If Hibs win the Scottish Cup I'm not sure I'll see full time.

PatHead
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm puggled after that.

If Hibs win the Scottish Cup I'm not sure I'll see full time.

Breathe slowly and deeply. That will get the heart going again.

The wind really made it a farce.

BTW that Mary Jo Fernandez and Annabel Croft would make a tag team!

jodjam
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Great result. Hope next semi drags on for few hours to knacker nole or ferrer out.

Think this is his year

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Great result in shocking conditions.

This could be the one!

PatHead
08-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Well Falkirk, who will you support if Djokavic makes it?

heretoday
08-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Ferrer could spring a surprise in those conditions.

Twiglet
08-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Good on Murray.

Did it the hard way, but he did it and that's the main thing.

Will the rain hold out for the full Djokovic match though? In the last few years the final has been delayed because of rain so Djoko could end up going over to tomorrow Murray could have the advantage of a longer rest before his final. The ladies final has already been postponed to Sunday.
In past tournament Murray's been in the bottom half of the draw so is normally in Djokovic's position, so hopefully that'll give him a little extra something.

And Scoopy, if Hibs win the Scottish cup (I mean when actually, not if) Strathclyde ambulance service better have a load of ambulances near Hampden, they will be needed a lot of us. :greengrin

Twiglet
08-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Ferrer 5-2 up in the first set, but play has now been suspended for the day because of a severe weather warning in the area. They were on tornado watch earlier.
Djokovic apparently not impressed, the organisers knew before the Andy Murray match that the weather was going to be that bad later on and had pretty much decided that the final would be on Monday with the ladies final late on Sunday in the mens slot so they don't really get why they even started the second semi.
Oh well, an extra days rest for Murray, hopefully he can use it to his advantage.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Hardly saw any of the match tonight as I was working until 8pm but it's a great win under difficult playing conditions and I just hope he can finally win one of these things! Berdych was really coming back at him at the end of that 4th set and really looked like he was going to take it into a decider but Murray never knows when to give up and did so well to win that tiebreak.

I know Djokovic is currently down in the first set but I fully expect him to come back out tomorrow and win. The first set may be a bit beyond him now but I don't think Ferrer will have enough to beat him over 5 sets.

I gather that Djokovic isn't happy with the way that things have turned out and you can understand why. They've known all day that bad weather was likely around this sort of time, what was stopping them from playing one of the semis on the Louis Armstrong court and then both semis could have been decided today?

Hopefully it will be to Murray's advantage, the fact that he's done and dusted and has basically got 48 hours to recover for the final now. Whoever wins the other semi may have barely 24 hours to recover. That difference in recovery times may prove crucial come Monday night.

Let's hope so, anyway! :aok:

Well Falkirk, who will you support if Djokavic makes it?

You really don't need to ask me that question, surely!

greenlex
09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Djokovic sailing through the other semi.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Djokovic's performance was a bit ominous for Murray there, 3 sets to 1 for Djokovic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 05:31 PM
BTW that Mary Jo Fernandez and Annabel Croft would make a tag team!

Annabel Croft = MILF.

46 years old, good effort!

PatHead
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
You really don't need to ask me that question, surely!

Just your avatar and past admiration of Djokovic :greengrin

Sir David Gray
09-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Just your avatar and past admiration of Djokovic :greengrin

The avatar is more a recognition of what was an unbelievably great sporting occasion (the 2012 Australian Open final) and that it lasted for almost 6 hours, than it is a support of Novak Djokovic to be honest.

I have a huge respect for him and what he achieved last year was absolutely incredible but there is no question whatsoever as to who I will be supporting tomorrow night.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Ladies final has just started and it's looking promising for Serena.

She's just broken Azarenka to go 2-0 up in the first set.

Hope Serena wins to shut Azarenka up, cannot be bothered with her screaming. :bitchy:

Live coverage on Sky Sports 1.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Good effort by Azarenka to tie the match at 1 set each.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2012, 10:15 PM
It's into a decider.

Serena Williams cruised through the first set, winning it 6-2 but Azarenka showed why she's ranked number one in the world by taking the second set by exactly the same score.

Serena holds from 0-30 down at the beginning of the third set.

How crucial might that be?

Twiglet
09-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Azarenka breaks in game 7 of the third set! Did not see that coming (not been following the match and was actually surprised to see them still playing and it in a third set).

Azarenka needs to hold, if she can then...

Twiglet
09-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Championship point Williams

Edit: Serena wins 7-5 in the 3rd. Azarenka had a real chance to win on her own serve at 5-4, but she was broken and Williams just found something (as she does) and it was all her in the last 3 games really.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Serena Williams wins her 15th Grand Slam title, winning 6-2 2-6 7-5.

Azarenka served for the match at 5-4 and had game points at 5-6 to take it into a tiebreak but clearly the pressure from Williams just got too much for her.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 11:46 PM
I've got an irrational dislike of Serena Williams, well done though I suppose! :-)

Sir David Gray
09-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I've got an irrational dislike of Serena Williams, well done though I suppose! :-)

I like her on the tennis court but she can be a bit overbearing in interviews, a bit too much at times.

Can't argue with her record though. One of the greatest female tennis players of all time.

As I said earlier too, I'm glad Azarenka lost as I really hate her screaming.

IWasThere2016
10-09-2012, 11:42 AM

I think she's hot personally. Azarenko silly noises are a pain in the arse.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I think she's hot personally.

She's all yours!

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Ladies final has just started and it's looking promising for Serena.

She's just broken Azarenka to go 2-0 up in the first set.

Hope Serena wins to shut Azarenka up, cannot be bothered with her screaming. :bitchy:

Live coverage on Sky Sports 1.

Is it not about time the tennis authorities did something about the grunting? It is absolutely a joke and personally refuse to watch games involving Sharapova and Azarenka. There is no need for it at all and personally think it is a major contributing factor to the womens game probably being as unpopular now than it ever has.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Is it not about time the tennis authorities did something about the grunting? It is absolutely a joke and personally refuse to watch games involving Sharapova and Azarenka. There is no need for it at all and personally think it is a major contributing factor to the womens game probably being as unpopular now than it ever has.

I wouldn't actually mind if it was grunting, to be honest. Serena Williams grunts on the big points, when she is putting a big effort into her shots. Sharapova and Azarenka scream, in fact in Azarenka's case, it's more of a high pitched "woooooo" sound, which keeps going even after she's hit her shot. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. Neither player makes a sound when they're warming up or doing a practice session.

The WTA needs to do something about this and I think the opponents of players like Sharapova and Azarenka should be speaking up as well and putting complaints in to the match umpire and also the organisers.

This will only get worse if it's not stamped out as there will be thousands of young girls growing up just now and they will idolise players like Sharapova and Azarenka and they will want to imitate them in every way.

I watched a bit of the Sharapova-Azarenka semi the other day and I watched them in the final of the Australian Open at the beginning of the year too and, I'm sorry to say, but these matches should not be on tv as the noise that the pair of them generate is just horrific.

It is going to switch many people off from the women's game, which is a shame because there are some good players out there just now and some good matches to be watched too.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Players just out on court and they've just started the warm up.

Not long now!

Come on Andy!

This is your time. :aok:

heretoday
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Fingers and everything else crossed.

heretoday
10-09-2012, 08:14 PM
The best start imaginable.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
The best start imaginable.

Followed by a meek surrender of his own serve and throwing away 3 break points.

Going to be another frustrating evening I fear.

silverhibee
10-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Would like to watch it but don't have sky. :wink: :greengrin

Sylar
10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I'd like to stress that I'm not predicting he's going to lose from the above. Far too early for that type of chat!

Good hold of serve there.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Just read there was 50, yes 50, break points when these 2 played in Oz.

With the wind and the quality of return both possess it could be a long night!

Sylar
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM

Imagine...you could have firstrow seats if you were there...

BroxburnHibee
10-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Funny that - neither do I :wink: :tee hee:

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Imagine...you could have firstrow seats if you were there...

JUSTINTV case that doesn't work maybe listen on the radio?

Sylar
10-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Finally, a bit of a gap! He done well to pick himself up again after that awesome rally!

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Very good start from Murray, up a break at 4-3 in the 1st.

Djokovic will only get better though.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Soooo frustrating...

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Poor game from Murray, 4-4.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 08:54 PM
THIS is why people call him a choker.

He gets into a great position with a 2 game lead and concedes it so easily. That's not Djokovic suddenly upping his game, nearly every point in both of those games were unforced errors from Murray.

HibeeSince85
10-09-2012, 08:58 PM

He gets into a great position with a 2 game lead and concedes it so easily. That's not Djokovic suddenly upping his game, nearly every point in both of those games were unforced errors from Murray.

Still plenty of tennis but 4-5 from 4-2 isn't the greatest start.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM

Steady!

It's only the first set, which is still not even over.

Still a long way to go here!

5-5 in the opener.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Steady!

It's only the first set, which is still not even over.

Still a long way to go here!

5-5 in the opener.

I'm not suggesting he's going to lose with that statement. Merely making the point that when he gets into good positions, he's his own worst enemy.

Far too many unforced errors in his game when it counts.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Chances of this finishing before 4am?

Hibs Class
10-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Murray doing all he can to avoid winning the tie break!

HibeeSince85
10-09-2012, 09:35 PM
4 set points. Jesus Andy, 5th now

Sylar
10-09-2012, 09:36 PM
This is outstanding tennis from both players here.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Yes!

Finally, Andy takes the first set 12-10 in the tie-break.

nonshinyfinish
10-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Jesus Christ, what a set that was. Could be a late night...

PatHead
10-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Cmon the Hibs.......ah mean Murray

Mon Dieu4
10-09-2012, 09:39 PM
My heart was in my mouth there, only Hibs normally do that to me!!

jodjam
10-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Bloody hell. That was torture. Up at 5:30am so hope Murray wins sharpish :)

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 09:43 PM
WHAT

A

TIEBREAK

One of the best you'll ever see. So important for Murray to win that after so many chances!

There's no way that even players as fit as these two will be able to keep this going over 5 sets so you've got to imagine that the level will drop at some point.

Otherwise we'll still be here at about 2am!

Sylar
10-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Breaks early in the second to go 2-0 up. Keep it going son!

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 09:49 PM
What a match so far.

That 54 shot rally was unreal. I know these guys have a reputation as 2 of the fittest in the game but this is superhuman stuff.

Come on Andy, momentums his but still a long way to go!

PatHead
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Commentator made a fair point. These guys have played the equivalent of a football match already!

Off the bar
10-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Just tuned in to check the score, Murray a set and a break up, gonna pour myself a whisky and settle in! C'mon Andy!

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Murray playing so well right now, Djokovic unsettled.

4-0, second set!

nonshinyfinish
10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Maybe not such a late night...

stoneyburn hibs
10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Can we dream yet ?

HibeeSince85
10-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Now if Murray can wrap this set up
Nice and quickly and make this an early night, up at 6am for work, ta.

PatHead
10-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Can't believe what I am watching just now. Murray in control 4-0. Djoka will come back though. Make hay while the sun shines

Edit-spoke too soon!

HH81
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Murray will lose this set got feeling about it.

Hibs Class
10-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Murray doing all he can to avoid winning the tie break!

sambajustice
10-09-2012, 10:09 PM
hmmm, fancy Novak for this...

HibeeSince85
10-09-2012, 10:10 PM
4-2 Murray back on serve. C'mon Andy, let's get back on track.

Off the bar
10-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Massive service game for Murray, has to hold

HibeeSince85
10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
5-2. Looking comfortable for 2 sets up.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Here we f***ing go...

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm watching this through my fingers. 0/40

Sylar
10-09-2012, 10:20 PM
*crash*...

Off the bar
10-09-2012, 10:21 PM
**** that was tame, all unforced errors djoko did'nt win that murray lost it. choke?

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Unbelievable how much things have turned in the last 20 minutes!

HibeeSince85
10-09-2012, 10:22 PM
5-2. Looking comfortable for 2 sets up.

Some boy Murray is doing this :greengrin

Sylar
10-09-2012, 10:25 PM
5 games of absolutely abysmal tennis from Murray following 4 absolutely sublime games.

PatHead
10-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Great hold. Djokovic looked rattled for the first time in a while

Off the bar
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
2 set points mon andy

PatHead
10-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Dancer!!!!!!!!

Off the bar
ya beauty!!!!!!!!

Sylar
Yes!!!!

Andy goes 2-0 sets up!

nonshinyfinish
10-09-2012, 10:37 PM
:jmcp:

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 10:37 PM
He makes it ****ing hard!

True Hibby.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Where did that come from!?

For the last half an hour, Djokovic has dominated nearly every rally and then as soon as it got back even, Murray stepped it up again!

Surely he'll see it out from here!

:pray:

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Long way to go yet, Murray letting Djokovic ponder whats ahead by leaving the court.

jodjam
10-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Mon Andy. And bring that trophy for a wee half time parade down ER

PatHead
10-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Where did that come from!?

For the last half an hour, Djokovic has dominated nearly every rally and then as soon as it got back even, Murray stepped it up again!

Surely he'll see it out from here!

:pray:

Ssh. Its not the Hibs way

scoopyboy
10-09-2012, 10:42 PM
ya beauty!!!!!!!!

Choke?:greengrin

Off the bar
10-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Choke?:greengrin

in my op it was a choke with a small c and the ? he gets that for not serving out the set first time of asking! its a big CHOKE if he loses from here! :wink:

PatHead
10-09-2012, 10:47 PM
3 great serves to hold

scoopyboy
10-09-2012, 10:52 PM
in my op it was a choke with a small c and the ? he gets that for not serving out the set first time of asking! its a big CHOKE if he loses from here! :wink:

We all know he won't do it the easy way.

Would be nice if he did though.

Off the bar
10-09-2012, 11:07 PM
We all know he won't do it the easy way.

Would be nice if he did though.

not been under any illusions about andy doing it the easy way, would be better for my liver and my productivity tomorrow if he could wrap this up in 3 sets! Am prepared for a 5 set marathon though!

Off the bar
10-09-2012, 11:10 PM
2 break points, c'mon andy

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Djokovic comfortably in control of this set now. Will be interesting to see how Murray responds to this now.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 11:22 PM
If Murray could point the gun away from his own foot, this would be over already.

Staggering number of mistakes in his game today.

sambajustice
10-09-2012, 11:29 PM
looks like he's lost it! :(

matty_f
10-09-2012, 11:30 PM
It's going to be tough for Murray now. Momentum has gone against him.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Djokovic's level needs to drop or else it's going to be his match.

He's inspired right now.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Like a cat with a fur ball.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Its all gone pear shaped, whatever that means!

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
He's still a break down but that was a huge hold there for Murray.

He needs to find some inspiration from somewhere. Something needs to happen here to get him back into this.

Wembley67
10-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Murray needs to find at least another 2 gears....don't think he has them tonight so games up the pole for me.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Get this guy into the Scottish national team - the amount of times he's found the net tonight is unreal.

cabbageandribs1875
10-09-2012, 11:48 PM
by jings when murray hits p@sh mode his mother would beat him

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Murray seems knackered

Sylar
10-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Magnificent rally from both players there.

Sir David Gray
11-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Don't see any way that Djokovic will lose this from here, sadly.

He has one hand and four fingers of the other on the trophy right now.

It's going to take some amount of mental strength from Murray if he's going to win this after how this started.