PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyed saturday s game

doddsy
27-08-2012, 12:13 PM
just thought i d post a wee note to say I really enjoyed the game against st johnstone. the players worked really hard and tried to play the ball along the ground most times. the section 43 is exellent and although there are still some shouting moaners who are never happy i feel there is a good buzz among the support.

I also think all hibs fans know that we were up against 12 men at hampden and however we had played we could not have won. so for all these pundits that try to rub our noses in it, its like water off a ducks back. when we win the club and players normally have to do it through hard work and good play. we don t need helping hands from the biased blazers at the sfa. gaun the hibees

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Guid post mate. Not sure we would have won at Hampden if Pat Stanton had been the ref TBH.

Franck Stanton
27-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Guid post mate. Not sure we would have won at Hampden if Pat Stanton had been the ref TBH.

Yep, we just din't turn up that day, too many loan playes just wanting to go on their holidays then back to their parent clubs. However , ......having said that ,we wouldn't have been beaten quite so convincingly if there was an unbiased ref in charge. Don't think that any other ref would have awarded that penalty, free kick possibly as the inicdent occured outside the box Still, raking over old ground here. Apologies if I am boring you but it still rankles.

PeeJay
27-08-2012, 03:42 PM
just thought i d post a wee note to say I really enjoyed the game against st johnstone. the players worked really hard and tried to play the ball along the ground most times. the section 43 is exellent and although there are still some shouting moaners who are never happy i feel there is a good buzz among the support.

I also think all hibs fans know that we were up against 12 men at hampden and however we had played we could not have won. so for all these pundits that try to rub our noses in it, its like water off a ducks back. when we win the club and players normally have to do it through hard work and good play. we don t need helping hands from the biased blazers at the sfa. gaun the hibees

Sorry, I don't. We did not lose the cup final because of the referee - we lost it because Hibs were rubbish on the day. Blaming the referee, or the ball, or the weather are all cop outs and do not help us move forward as a club! We have to face up to a simple fact: we were worse than poor on the day, pretending somebody else spoiled the cup final day for us is the wrong way IMO: the team spoiled it, our team!

Glad you enjoyed the St Johnstone game, but it will take more than a few points, and a wee bit effort from the team to make up for the ignominy of losing to them on that particular day for me...