PDA

View Full Version : Hibs supporters team looking for players....

Mister P
26-08-2012, 08:56 PM
this is open to non-Hibs supporters also.

Hibeernian Afc are currently interested in players who fancy trying out for the team.
We are looking for players in all areas of the park who would like to come along to training and perhaps push for a place in the team.
We have just been promoted into the Premier division of the Fair Play league.

All interested players email us with your full name, age and previous clubs or experience to

We train at 8:30 on a tuesday evening at Lochend 3G astro. £5 per head.

get in touch asap!!

Irish_Steve
26-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I could fill the Shefki Kuqi role but only if you`re looking for someone older and mre rotund - heaven help the pitch if I belly-flop after scoring!

Allant1981
26-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Is it a sat or sun league?

Mister P
26-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Is it a sat or sun league?

sundays.

Allant1981
26-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Thats a pity, already signed with a sunday team

Mister P
26-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Thats a pity, already signed with a sunday team

who you signed with?

Allant1981
26-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Signed with uphall athletic, we were playing in livingston last year but playing in edinburgh now

Mister P
26-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Signed with uphall athletic, we were playing in livingston last year but playing in edinburgh now

you're welcome to come along to training mate, it might take your fancy :dunno:

hibee04
26-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi There i might be interested but i m little unsure is this for 11 a side or pitz league as i have little experiance playing in

My prefered playing positions are as stated :

Defender - defenisve midfielder - or Attacking winger

i don't know if these are what u are looking for .

i can pm you my contact details

Calasandro
27-08-2012, 08:55 AM
When is my ban up? Must at least be half way through by now!

easty
27-08-2012, 09:04 AM

Are you decent mate? We're looking for a striker to play Saturdays, funnily enough we just drew 1-1 with a team from Uphall on Saturday, but I reckon if we didnt have to play 2 midfielders up front we would have won!

Top of the league after three games, and I'm top goalscorere with 2 from centre half - that shows how badly we need a striker!

Allant1981
27-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Are you decent mate? We're looking for a striker to play Saturdays, funnily enough we just drew 1-1 with a team from Uphall on Saturday, but I reckon if we didnt have to play 2 midfielders up front we would have won!

Top of the league after three games, and I'm top goalscorere with 2 from centre half - that shows how badly we need a striker!

As much as i love sneaking off up front im defo not a striker, played left back for about the last ten years, who were you playing from uphall?

calumhibee1
27-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Sent a PM.

easty
27-08-2012, 11:14 AM
As much as i love sneaking off up front im defo not a striker, played left back for about the last ten years, who were you playing from uphall?

Playing against the Volunteer Arms. They were decent. Match got held up for ages cos one of thier midfielders was taken to hospital, think he had a broken leg, looked a very sore one like.

hibbymark
27-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I play for Longstone Utd we got pumped again yesterday how did you boys get on?

Just Alf
27-08-2012, 03:29 PM

Longstone Inn ring any bells then? :-)

Keep at it, one day it'll come good!

Ps at least you were ahead at one point

Judas Iscariot
27-08-2012, 11:26 PM

Pumped tae :rolleyes:

edinburghhibee
27-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Easty if you had bothered your arse turning up the night you would have seen that our strikers/Defenders are back up front an scoring freely :thumbsup:

Hat Trick for me the night :cb Finnie got on the score sheet inawe 5-0 we won :na na:

easty
28-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Easty if you had bothered your arse turning up the night you would have seen that our strikers/Defenders are back up front an scoring freely :thumbsup:

Hat Trick for me the night :cb Finnie got on the score sheet inawe 5-0 we won :na na:

Aye Taylor was texting me with updates, even sent me through the video for Caesers goal.

Gutted I missed the game, I knew they'd be crap, I wanted to score some more!

Where were you when we really needed a striker on Saturday though!

Teo10
28-08-2012, 07:52 AM

Pumped tae :rolleyes:

Both of you lot have had a pretty hard start to the season but you pretty much have all the big guns out the way now.. Look at dynamo, they beat spartans who have had a really good start to the season! Beers put in a massive shift and were really impressive against us to finish the game 1-1.

There's never an easy game!

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Both of you lot have had a pretty hard start to the season but you pretty much have all the big guns out the way now.. Look at dynamo, they beat spartans who have had a really good start to the season! Beers put in a massive shift and were really impressive against us to finish the game 1-1.

Pointless doing that in 1 out of 5 games though pal..

Need's to be a massive effort EVERY game

Teo10
28-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Pointless doing that in 1 out of 5 games though pal..

Need's to be a massive effort EVERY game

Yeah, maybe I should play against you lot every week to up the game!

The difference was massive between Tuesday and Sunday!

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, maybe I should play against you lot every week to up the game!

The difference was massive between Tuesday and Sunday!

I don't think that was the case wee man!

After playing Boca in that tournament preseason we reckoned we'd have a chance at beating you on Tuesday whereas on Sunday too many people had already chucked the game before we even started...

Teo10
28-08-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't think that was the case wee man!

After playing Boca in that tournament preseason we reckoned we'd have a chance at beating you on Tuesday whereas on Sunday too many people had already chucked the game before we even started...

I wasn't at the tournament so couldnt tell, heard it was close though! Like I said it just looked so so different compared to Tuesday! just keep the chins up!

Scooter
28-08-2012, 10:50 AM
What I will say to anyone looking to play is the beers are a great bunch of guys

easty
28-08-2012, 10:58 AM
What I will say to anyone looking to play is the beers are a great bunch of guys

Aye....but I bet you'd never say they are a great bunch of players! :greengrin

Teo10
28-08-2012, 11:05 AM

I'll back this up, probably the best team I have been in for just general chat and to have a laugh!:agree:

lugz
28-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd be interested in coming to training and seeing how I get on not played 11's for 12/18 months so would definitely need to get my fitness up!

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I'd be interested in coming to training and seeing how I get on not played 11's for 12/18 months so would definitely need to get my fitness up!

Come along tonight pal :aok:

Ritchie
28-08-2012, 12:13 PM
what was the score on sunday fenton?

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2012, 12:17 PM
My calf went about 10 mins before HT, think it was 4-0 then.... :cool2:

H18sry
28-08-2012, 03:53 PM

b0ll0cks :greengrin

MacBean
28-08-2012, 04:09 PM
It was 8 when i came on

Pretty Boy
28-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Would have been interested but know you guys already have a good keeper and I'm out injured for 2/3 months anyway.

lugz
28-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Come along tonight pal :aok:

Sorry lads I decided to waste 30/40 on going to watch that heap of p!sh tonight! Will be there next Tuesday!

Dav1986
28-08-2012, 10:03 PM

Both of longstone and the 'beers starts to the season reminds of us stepping up last year. Really tough games, we played what turned out to be the top 4 in 4 of the 1st 5 games an never really recovered from that. We're a lot stronger this year and looking forward to our games against redhall and oxgangs. Will see if we can put a strong challenge together this year...

Hibs90
29-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Wouldn't mind coming along to training when I can? Just trying to get a bit fitter.

edinburghhibee
29-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Aye Taylor was texting me with updates, even sent me through the video for Caesers goal.

Gutted I missed the game, I knew they'd be crap, I wanted to score some more!

Where were you when we really needed a striker on Saturday though!

Easter Road cheering on the hibees!!! Was down at QOS the night, I honestly believe I could have played better that Kuqi the night :agree: never won any headers and every ball just bounced off him.

Teo10
29-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Both of longstone and the 'beers starts to the season reminds of us stepping up last year. Really tough games, we played what turned out to be the top 4 in 4 of the 1st 5 games an never really recovered from that. We're a lot stronger this year and looking forward to our games against redhall and oxgangs. Will see if we can put a strong challenge together this year...

Prime example, a year in the prem and a pretty bad first season and now a decent start to this season. well done Dav ya ginger *****

Mister P
29-08-2012, 08:43 AM

our first set of games saw us play Spartans, Longstone, Boca, Oxgangs and Redhall..........

not the easiest first 5 games you could have asked for!

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Would have been interested but know you guys already have a good keeper and I'm out injured for 2/3 months anyway.

You left AC mate?

Pretty Boy
30-08-2012, 09:51 AM
You left AC mate?

Signed with them but haven't trained or played since June because of another ****ing injury!

Had the offer to go Saturdays at Spartans amateurs but couldn't commit because of work so took the easy option and signed on at AC again. Few decent lads signed this year but I'm guessing the inevitable nonsense won't.be far away.

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Signed with them but haven't trained or played since June because of another ****ing injury!

Had the offer to go Saturdays at Spartans amateurs but couldn't commit because of work so took the easy option and signed on at AC again. Few decent lads signed this year but I'm guessing the inevitable nonsense won't.be far away.

You and Danny Galbraith related :greengrin

Aye, they seem to have started well, saying that though, not many decent sides in that division is there?

I'm sure the nonsense is just around the corner, no idea what it might be this time though, surely had the lot already :cool2:

Pretty Boy
30-08-2012, 02:04 PM
You and Danny Galbraith related :greengrin

Aye, they seem to have started well, saying that though, not many decent sides in that division is there?

I'm sure the nonsense is just around the corner, no idea what it might be this time though, surely had the lot already :cool2:

Leagues shocking mate. Only team that looks a decent side are the Roses Amateurs and they'll walk the League I reckon. Edinburgh Thistle look ok as well but that's it.

We've got a few good players but if you guys, Duddingstone and Westside were still in the League I wouldn't fancy our chances too much, with the League as it is we'll probably get promoted.

hibbymark
30-08-2012, 03:01 PM
our first set of games saw us play Spartans, Longstone, Boca, Oxgangs and Redhall..........

not the easiest first 5 games you could have asked for!

Very tough start for both teams but like yourselves we worked our mowhaws last year to get a shot at this league and I think there will be 2 leagues

within the premier this year. Just a case of sticking in and trying to be the best of the rest. The difficult thing is keeping everything going and keeping

people keen when your suffering heavy defeats regularly.Things can only get better for us but I keep reminding everyone that we havent become

bad overnight and neither have you. Good luck for the rest of the season(except against us) and much respect to everyone who plays real fitba!!!

Teo10
30-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Very tough start for both teams but like yourselves we worked our mowhaws last year to get a shot at this league and I think there will be 2 leagues

within the premier this year. Just a case of sticking in and trying to be the best of the rest. The difficult thing is keeping everything going and keeping

people keen when your suffering heavy defeats regularly.Things can only get better for us but I keep reminding everyone that we havent become

bad overnight and neither have you. Good luck for the rest of the season(except against us) and much respect to everyone who plays real fitba!!!

Good point. youll win some games you dont expect to and lose some you dont expect to either!

Sorry for stealing your players btw!

hibbymark
30-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Good point. youll win some games you dont expect to and lose some you dont expect to either!

Sorry for stealing your players btw!

They will be badly missed tbh especially if you can get them to train and maybe not come straight from their nights out to the game! Make sure you give Conner it tight from day one! He has Scotts name as a tatoo on his foot!! Pair of jessies!

Teo10
30-08-2012, 08:30 PM
They will be badly missed tbh especially if you can get them to train and maybe not come straight from their nights out to the game! Make sure you give Conner it tight from day one! He has Scotts name as a tatoo on his foot!! Pair of jessies!

Haha I'm friends with them both! They'll be kept in line haha doesn't surprise me he has that done!

Mister P
31-08-2012, 08:12 AM

absolutely bud. We've actually had 6 players jacked it since the beginning of the season, hence the rebuilding program. We've actually had quite a few responses and a few of them look pretty decent on paper with regards to the level theyve played at, previous teams etc....so fingers crossed.

time will tell, but I'm quietly confident we might come out of this better off.

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2012, 08:32 AM
absolutely bud. We've actually had 6 players jacked it since the beginning of the season, hence the rebuilding program. We've actually had quite a few responses and a few of them look pretty decent on paper with regards to the level theyve played at, previous teams etc....so fingers crossed.

Hopefully John :aok:

Judas Iscariot
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
If anyone is interested Hibeernian are having trial game tonight @ Lochend astro, meeting for 8:20pm, bring trainers for a road run & boots (mouldies NO metal studs) for 60min game on the 5G pitch..

£5 a head to cover costs

Cheers :aok:

easty
04-09-2012, 03:13 PM
You win at the weekend Fenton?

We humped a team from the top league, Uphall Station, 6-0 in the cup, it could easily have been 10-0. We've started the season well like. :greengrin

hibeeleicester
04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
If anyone is interested Hibeernian are having trial game tonight @ Lochend astro, meeting for 8:20pm, bring trainers for a road run & boots (mouldies NO metal studs) for 60min game on the 5G pitch..

£5 a head to cover costs

Cheers :aok:

Already signed for a team but any chance i can come down for a game. Good to see old faces, is there any left?

Judas Iscariot
04-09-2012, 06:09 PM
You win at the weekend Fenton?

We humped a team from the top league, Uphall Station, 6-0 in the cup, it could easily have been 10-0. We've started the season well like. :greengrin

Got beat 3-2 mate! Only had 11 players, 1 was the gaffer (Mister P) who couldnae tie his laces on Sunday never mind play 90 mins..

Guys letting us down 20 minutes before we're meant to be meeting is just nae guid :rolleyes:

Already signed for a team but any chance i can come down for a game. Good to see old faces, is there any left?

Fire along, cannae promise you a game but if there's odd numbers you're more than welcome to join in :aok:

Billy Whizz
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM

John, when I get my back and my 2 knees sorted, I'm making a comeback. Do you have a youth policy in place😄

hibeeleicester
04-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Got beat 3-2 mate! Only had 11 players, 1 was the gaffer (Mister P) who couldnae tie his laces on Sunday never mind play 90 mins..

Guys letting us down 20 minutes before we're meant to be meeting is just nae guid :rolleyes:

Fire along, cannae promise you a game but if there's odd numbers you're more than welcome to join in :aok:

Would of come down if i was guaranteed a game, going to just go to my 5's now! :aok:

Judas Iscariot
09-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Anyone else?

Judas Iscariot
19-09-2012, 01:28 PM
On the official Hibs site today...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120919/play-for-hibeernian-afc_2262950_2923560

:aok:

sauzee_4
19-09-2012, 02:13 PM
On the official Hibs site today...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120919/play-for-hibeernian-afc_2262950_2923560

Hi mate I'm keen to come along to this, got a bad infection in my knee just now but would be keen on coming when it clears up:flag:

I play in midfield but have played at the back before too (centre half or full back)

Judas Iscariot
19-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Fire of an email to - Hibeernianafc@hotmail.co.uk - including your name, previous clubs, preferred position & a contact number :aok:

Apocalypso
19-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Fire of an email to - Hibeernianafc@hotmail.co.uk - including your name, previous clubs, preferred position & a contact number :aok:

Fire 'OFF'. :wink:

JohnStephens91
19-09-2012, 04:17 PM
How often do you train and what are the days? I'm interested in coming along as I used to play Sunday League until I got injured quite badly so I'm interested in coming along to see how my back holds up and regain my fitness as I'd like to play football again before I finish university.

Ultrabee1-0
19-09-2012, 04:35 PM
There's a pm sent!!!

sbell1875
19-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm 25 and never played any form of amateur football but I am really interested in coming along.

I've played 5 a side at least 1-2 times a week for about 10 years though and I was in our school team.

Does anyone think it's worthwhile that I go along?

Ultrabee1-0
19-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Am 16 and played football all my life I play saturdays so if its a sunday thing I can play?

Mister P
20-09-2012, 12:01 AM
How often do you train and what are the days? I'm interested in coming along as I used to play Sunday League until I got injured quite badly so I'm interested in coming along to see how my back holds up and regain my fitness as I'd like to play football again before I finish university.
We are just in the process of changing our training venue and day. Most likely to be a Tuesday or Wednesday around 8pm-ish

I'm 25 and never played any form of amateur football but I am really interested in coming along.

I've played 5 a side at least 1-2 times a week for about 10 years though and I was in our school team.

Does anyone think it's worthwhile that I go along?
if you send in an email we will get in touch soon with details of trials etc.

Am 16 and played football all my life I play saturdays so if its a sunday thing I can play? I'll have to check that, I have a sneaking suspicion the age limit is 17 but leave it with me.

Judas Iscariot
20-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Trialist game this Sunday..

Get in touch if interested!

Hibeernianafc@hotmail.co.uk

Mister P
21-09-2012, 07:16 PM
you could be a part of this in the future:greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MY_CtHefE0

H18sry
28-07-2015, 07:50 AM