PDA

View Full Version : NHC Paul Lambert

theonlywayisup
26-08-2012, 05:41 PM
..........do you see him turning around Aston Villa? Or, was it a mistake going there and he will be out of a job before the season ends?

Bottom of the league after two games. Tough next five games.
Next Five Games
02 Sept: Newcastle away
15 Sept: Swansea home
22 Sept: Southampton away
30 Sept: West Brom home
07 Oct: Tottenham away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19382437

WindyMiller
26-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Should have stayed at Nawrich.
He had built a decent squad and could have built on that, whilst he would never have been blamed if they eventually went back down. That's expected.

Expectancy is greater at Villa, where underachievement has been a habit since the 80's.

HibbyAndy
26-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Norwich:agree:

HH81
26-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Hope he gets sacked. Managers need to learn to show some loyalty for a period of time before moving on.

This happens all time in premiership where mangers take small clubs up and then jump ship. Owen Coyle is another example.

ancient hibee
26-08-2012, 06:16 PM
He's gone to the wrong club-it has delusions of grandeur.

patlowe
26-08-2012, 06:20 PM
..........do you see him turning around Aston Villa? Or, was it a mistake going there and he will be out of a job before the season ends?

Bottom of the league after two games. Tough next five games.
Next Five Games
02 Sept: Newcastle away
15 Sept: Swansea home
22 Sept: Southampton away
30 Sept: West Brom home
07 Oct: Tottenham away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19382437

Assuming he can keep them up and improves their style of football a bit this season, I think he'll do well there in the long run. I also think it was a decent move for him to make. He had done a great job at Norwich but he couldn't do much more. People need new challenges in life.

I also don't think that run of fixtures is actually that hard, relatively speaking.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2012, 06:26 PM
With a name like that he'll be maaaanaging the Dons soon.

Dr Jimmy
26-08-2012, 06:50 PM

That's bang on the money. I occasionally work in Birmingham and the Villa fans see themselves as a top 6 club. They completely forget that they have an owner who will not invest, so they dont have a pot to piss in...!
This will all end in tears!

chrisski33
26-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Not bothered as like other managers who have been sacked he will get a big compensation package!

Cropley10
26-08-2012, 10:44 PM

That's bang on the money. I occasionally work in Birmingham and the Villa fans see themselves as a top 6 club. They completely forget that they have an owner who will not invest, so they dont have a pot to piss in...!
This will all end in tears!

Him leaving Norwich is bad for both of them.

Sadly for Villa fans they won the European Squad once and will always think they're a top team

Falkirk Hibby
26-08-2012, 11:47 PM

Maybe with some supporters but don't most clubs have some of them, including Hibs? If Villa was run well with some investment there is no reason why they shouldn't be capable of being up to the same level as Everton, Newcastle or Spurs. Randy Lerner is in the process of selling the Cleveland Browns. Much will depend if he uses some of that money, or quits sport altogether.

ScottB
26-08-2012, 11:56 PM
They hounded McLeish out, when in all fairness he did a decent job keeping them up while losing the better players. Has Lambert signed anybody? Doesn't seem like a very different squad from the one that survived by the skin of its teeth.

Granted Lambert may have seen the move as similar to the one he did from Colchester to Norwich, but without some funds to spend I'll be amazed if he keeps them up. Can't see them sacking him though.

LeighLoyal
27-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Watching them yesterday I think no, unless he signs at least five top line players before week's end.

Everton tho, quite excited at what Moyes might do there this season. Could be top 4.

xyz23jc
27-08-2012, 10:11 AM

:agree:
:greengrin:thumbsup:
:top marks:not worth

JimBHibees
27-08-2012, 10:17 AM
As usual the kneejerk SKY 24 hour news assumption he will be sacked because he has lost 2 games. He did a brilliant job at Norwich and Villa would be idiots not to give him a decent run at the job. To lose to a very good Everton team is no disgrace to be honest.

--------
27-08-2012, 10:17 AM

OOOH! Ewe are awful! :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
27-08-2012, 10:47 AM

That would probably be a baahd move for him

SMAXXA
27-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Hope he gets sacked. Managers need to learn to show some loyalty for a period of time before moving on.

This happens all time in premiership where mangers take small clubs up and then jump ship. Owen Coyle is another example.

Managers are like anyone else they have ambition to better themselves. Coyle went from a championship team to the premiership, how's that jumping ship?

I think your out of order saying you hope he gets sacked, give the man a break, it will take time and I'm sure he will do a good job in time. I always want to see scottish managers and players do well when they go down the the cauldron of the EPL

--------
27-08-2012, 10:56 AM
That would probably be a baahd move for him

Aye, but if he doesn't things aroung soon he'll be getting the chop.

Villa might even send for Alan Shearer to come and sort things out.

HH81
27-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Managers are like anyone else they have ambition to better themselves. Coyle went from a championship team to the premiership, how's that jumping ship?

I think your out of order saying you hope he gets sacked, give the man a break, it will take time and I'm sure he will do a good job in time. I always want to see scottish managers and players do well when they go down the the cauldron of the EPL

Incorrect Burnley were in premiership at the time when Coyle jumped ship.

Lambert has done the same thing. If you think I'm out of order fair enough but I will still be right.

Leishy1995
27-08-2012, 11:30 AM
The hearts version of the premier league, Aston Villa.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2012, 12:12 PM

Not sure Lambert has done too much wrong. Spent 3 years at Norwich and guided them from League One to the Premier League then kept them there. If he feels Aston Villa offer a better stage to advance his career then what's the problem? I'm damm sure i wouldn't hang about with my current employer if a bigger company offered me a better salary and potentially better career prospects.

Would Norwich have shown any loyalty to Lambert if they had been relegated last year and then made a bad start this year? I doubt it. Norwich are in a far better position than they were 3 year ago and a massive part of that is due to Paul Lambert.

Also living in Norfolk for 3 years is more than long enough for anyone with 5 digits on each hand.

magpie1892
27-08-2012, 03:22 PM
To lose to a very good Everton team is no disgrace to be honest.

It's no disgrace, but the performance was pretty disgraceful. Next up is my lot at SJP and if Villa play like they did on Saturday we'll put six past them (again).

--------
27-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Not sure Lambert has done too much wrong. Spent 3 years at Norwich and guided them from League One to the Premier League then kept them there. If he feels Aston Villa offer a better stage to advance his career then what's the problem? I'm damm sure i wouldn't hang about with my current employer if a bigger company offered me a better salary and potentially better career prospects.

Would Norwich have shown any loyalty to Lambert if they had been relegated last year and then made a bad start this year? I doubt it. Norwich are in a far better position than they were 3 year ago and a massive part of that is due to Paul Lambert.

Also living in Norfolk for 3 years is more than long enough for anyone with 5 digits on each hand.

Why do you think he has five digits on each hand?

He was born in Darkest Renfrewshire - Linwood, I believe.

He probably plays the banjo ....

Here he is learning the meaning of the well-known phrase "the Matty Jack role" from the Great Man himself -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/90/Jack%2C_Mathias_%26_Lambert%2C_Paul.jpg/220px-Jack%2C_Mathias_%26_Lambert%2C_Paul.jpg

And I think we should all recognise the haircut in the background ...

I had forgotten just how big and scary Brother Matthias was. :devil:

greenlex
27-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Anyone remember the night Hibs took Seven off his Livingston side?

HibbyAndy
27-08-2012, 07:32 PM

Was that no his last game ?..Could be wrong..Aye a remember Fletcher banging in number 7 tho:cb

3pm
27-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Was that no his last game ?..Could be wrong..Aye a remember Fletcher banging in number 7 tho:cb

Goals on youtube.

Remember the 1st and 6th clearly.

s.a.m
27-08-2012, 07:58 PM

I remember him saying in the Press Conference, "seven nil flattered us. It was 7 going on 15."

Hibs90
27-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Should have stayed at Norwich. Villa are a club on the down.

Falkirk Hibby
27-08-2012, 09:24 PM
The hearts version of the premier league, Aston Villa.

Oh why didn't you tell us this insightful information before? Didn't realize I was going to see the Yams of the south at Villa Park!