PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Top who'd have thunk it

J-C
26-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Just looking at the league table and results, 2nd on goal difference, yes only 4 games gone but still put a smile on my face. :greengrin

jgl07
26-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Fenlon must go!

Monts
26-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Have to admit it put a smile on my face too.

But will likely all change after next weekends visit to glasgow.

fife hfc
26-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Have to admit it put a smile on my face too.

But will likely all change after next weekends visit to glasgow.

We'll be first!

HFC07
26-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Joint top sounds better, its nice to say that for once instead of joint bottom.
to take it further it would he nice to go top next Saturday, not likely but its nice to think so

Northernhibee
26-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Getting vertigo from checking out where the yams are in the table.

Never knew that pissing yourself laughing was a side effect of vertigo.

SRHibs
26-08-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm not going to get carried away, but things are looking positive at the moment. Looking forward to eating some humble pie with regards my criticism of Pat's signings thus far.:agree::aok:

Thecat23
26-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm one who didn't think we would have anymore than 2 points at best. Long way to go but more than happy at where we are. Long may it continue.

Sprouleflyer
26-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Good to be looking at the other end of the table for once!!

Far from being the finished item, in fact we have only just started rebuilding and will probably have many slip up's this season, however I feel confident enough to think we will not be fighting a relegation battle this season.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Strange to be ahead of such a massive club as Hearts who are bigger than Barcelona and Real Madrid put together! The sense of awe I feel right now is absolutely staggering! I would lie down but this may be a dream and I don't want to wake up. I'd go outside and drink a puddle for the sensory data, but I live on the west side of town and the Yams have got there first...

AlbertK86
26-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Did we go through to Glasgow when JC was manager and go top after it ??

Sure we did at about the nine game stage.

Can any statto's confirm

Barney McGrew
26-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Can any statto's confirm

:agree:

1-0 win at Ibrox with a Murph header from a corner after an hour or so. Ripped them to shreds second half and had a passage of play with about thirty or so passes without them touching the ball at one point.

Top day out.

jodjam
26-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Can any statto's confirm

Sure did. Murphy scored at ibrox to put us top. Was in Madrid that weekend and had a wee celebratory drink

lugz
26-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Can any statto's confirm

Yes we did, 1-0 with David Murphy scoring a header from a corner. Also seem to remember us making 20/30 passes and everyone getting cheered, think there may be a YouTube video somewhere.

lugz
26-08-2012, 06:23 PM
:agree:

1-0 win at Ibrox with a Murph header from a corner after an hour or so. Ripped them to shreds second half and had a passage of play with about thirty or so passes without them touching the ball at one point.

Top day out.

Beat me to it haha! Great day out!

Barney McGrew
26-08-2012, 06:28 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6grx54f2cfI

The aftermath of the Murphy game at Ipox

Northernhibee
26-08-2012, 06:32 PM
This is the weakest Celtic side in years, with the worst manager they've had since Barnes, without NewOrcs to keep them motivated.

Let's get into them!

(Although last three games with my record of cursing teams I've been cautious, so obviously Celtic are 100% guaranteed to win or draw the game next weekend) :flag:

Jim44
26-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Great start to the season but there may be a slight setback next week. We rarely get anything out of that fixture and neither do other teams, so we shouldn't get too upset if things don't go our way.

Minder
26-08-2012, 06:41 PM
This is the weakest Celtic side in years, with the worst manager they've had since Barnes, without NewOrcs to keep them motivated.

Let's get into them!

(Although last three games with my record of cursing teams I've been cautious, so obviously Celtic are 100% guaranteed to win or draw the game next weekend) :flag:

They are there for the taking. Would just love it.

:pfgwa

AlbertK86
26-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Cheers guys thought I hadn't imagined it !

Must have been well pished that day. Remembered the game just wisnae 100% we went top !!

A repeat on Saturday would be guid !

GGTTH

AlbertK86
26-08-2012, 07:19 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6grx54f2cfI

The aftermath of the Murphy game at Ipox

Magic that footage

Tell all the huns u know we're top of the league and your no ..

Johnny collins was right Kevin Thomson is *****
We're top of the league and your noooo

Effin magic

Squealing pig
26-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Long way to go but in poll a few weeks ago I did pick 2 nd ggtth

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Most of Hibs.net had us relegated after Tannadice. Maybe folks need to take a step back before making judgements. The classic rule is not to make predictions before the end of the cricket season.

SheriffLobo
26-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I will take 2 wins a draw and a loss every 4....so this can be the loss next weekend.

Obviously anything worse I'm 4 and its paddys head on a stick for me.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Long may it continue. Steady progress is all I ask for and thus far I'm seeing it.

Stewboy
26-08-2012, 08:31 PM
3 of last seasons top 6 played out of 4 as well. Very good return

Long Time Hibee
26-08-2012, 08:46 PM
We'll be first!

Exactly, how good would that be. However, regardless, this is a much better feeling than the last few seasons. :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
26-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Most of Hibs.net had us relegated after Tannadice. Maybe folks need to take a step back before making judgements. The classic rule is not to make predictions before the end of the cricket season.

:thumbsup:

MB62
27-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Just looking at the league table and results, 2nd on goal difference, yes only 4 games gone but still put a smile on my face. :greengrin

Put a smile on my face too, about as much as the title of this thread did, I 'thunk' I was seeing things :wink: :greengrin

NatureBoy
27-08-2012, 07:47 AM
That's the first time in a long while that I can recall coming away from Easter Rd on a Saturday and buzzing from a game. It actually set me up for a brilliant Saturday night instead of having to start from a deflated position, bring on the rest of the season GGTTH!!

:flag:

Squealing pig
27-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Tell all the hearts you know that we're top of the league and they're no.

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm one who didn't think we would have anymore than 2 points at best. Long way to go but more than happy at where we are. Long may it continue.

Good of you say so Cat man. :greengrin

Lot of people missing who made even worse predictions than you did. wonder where they are now?

Thecat23
27-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Good of you say so Cat man. :greengrin

Lot of people missing who made even worse predictions than you did. wonder where they are now?

Happy to eat my words mate :greengrin

I honestly think we are starting to look an organised side. The big thing for me is the midfield. Deegan and Cairney are what we have been crying out for. Like I say it is a long way to go but at least he's trying to get the right guys in. :agree:

Lungo--Drom
27-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Went home on the train from the St. Jonstone match totally buzzin', what a great feeling :greengrin
Was happy for the rest of the weekend :agree:

Glory Glory To The Hibees!

:hibees

nonshinyfinish
27-08-2012, 12:41 PM
2nd top?

I thought they were calling it the 'change kit'?

MB62
27-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Folks, I think we are getting a wee bit carried away here and need to take a step back and give ourselves a reality check.
Without doubt we are a far more organised team than last season and there are big signs of improvement, after what we have had to suffer in recent years, Saturday was certainly encouraging.
However, in that first 45 minutes we were 2nd best all over the park and there was little to get excited about as St. Johnstone ran us ragged, how we went in 1-0 up was a minor miracle.
Second half was a different ball game and we came out fighting. It was night and day from the first half but it was far from a dominant performance.
A 2-0 win when not playing at your best is a good sign but let's not get carried away just yet as there is still a fair bit to be improved upon.
Saturday night was an enjoyable one and something we didn't experience to often last season but on the same token, if things go Pete Tong at Darkheid on Saturday, there's no reason to go cutting our wrists either. There are encouraging signs there but it is still very much a work in progress.

JimBHibees
27-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Folks, I think we are getting a wee bit carried away here and need to take a step back and give ourselves a reality check.
Without doubt we are a far more organised team than last season and there are big signs of improvement, after what we have had to suffer in recent years, Saturday was certainly encouraging.
However, in that first 45 minutes we were 2nd best all over the park and there was little to get excited about as St. Johnstone ran us ragged, how we went in 1-0 up was a minor miracle.
Second half was a different ball game and we came out fighting. It was night and day from the first half but it was far from a dominant performance.
A 2-0 win when not playing at your best is a good sign but let's not get carried away just yet as there is still a fair bit to be improved upon.
Saturday night was an enjoyable one and something we didn't experience to often last season but on the same token, if things go Pete Tong at Darkheid on Saturday, there's no reason to go cutting our wrists either. There are encouraging signs there but it is still very much a work in progress.

Undoubtedly however hope we can pick up another couple of signings to give us some back up as we are well light squad wise. It wasnt great by any manner of means however we worked our way through it and got the three points. Like the look of Deegan a no nonsense guy who can play as well, he was winding up Davidson like a clock near the end of the game also.

NatureBoy
27-08-2012, 01:21 PM

100% agree I thought we were pretty poor in the first half but last season I reckon we would have been going in a couple of goals down. Second half there was only one team in it.
Think it's easy for us all to get a bit carried away as the last couple of years have been nothing short of horrendous and even the smallest step can feel like a giant leap at the minute.
Still a long way to go and our squad is nowhere near good enough but there finally appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel.