PDA

View Full Version : Team v Queen of the South?

Nevi1875
26-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Anyone think of any change's that will happen for this game with celtic at the weekend ?

I think maybe fringe players should be given there chance to push for a first team place.

My team would be

Williams
Clancy mcpake hanlon maybury
Cairney deegan stanton booth
Kuqi handling

Wouldn't change it to much especially defence. I like having a settled defence for once.

Thoughts ?

The_Horde
26-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Williams

Clancy Ohanlon Hanlon Kujabi

Sproule Deegan Claros Wotherspoon

Kuqi Caldwell

Northernhibee
26-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd have Antell in the sticks, give him a chance to get some game time.

I'd go:

Antell
Maybury O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth
Sproule Deegan Cairney Stanton
Caldwell Kuqi

Good enough to win, resting a few key players.

scoopyboy
26-08-2012, 03:16 PM
I'd have Antell in the sticks, give him a chance to get some game time.

I'd go:

Antell
Maybury O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth
Sproule Deegan Cairney Stanton
Caldwell Kuqi

Good enough to win, resting a few key players.

That team could get beaten, too many changes

JHFC
26-08-2012, 03:22 PM
I think the only changes will be McPake if he got hurt yesterday and he will play Kuqi from the start I reckon.

greenlex
26-08-2012, 03:37 PM
We have two reasonable chances of winning something every season. One is the Scottish Cup and we all know how that's been panning out and this cup. I'll be raging if a deliberately weakened team takes the field.

frazeHFC
26-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Yep, going all the way down i want to see a strong team played. Maybe give Caldwell, Stanton a game, but more or less keep the team the same.

matty_f
26-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't see the point in changing a winning team.If there are concerns over resting players then start them and tell them to make sure the tie's safe then sub them.

hibee92
26-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Judging by his previous jobs, Paddy takes the cups seriously.

Franck is God
26-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I only see changes if players are carrying a knock, we are doing better but nowhere near the standard to start resting players.

The team is still gelling and gaining confidence from better performances and we will need another one to win on Tuesday.

Walter
26-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I'll probably get slated for this but I think it's more important we have our strongest team out in the QOS game. Chances are with our strongest team against Celtic we will still only have a slight chance of winning, whereas we must win in the league cup and progress!

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I'll probably get slated for this but I think it's more important we have our strongest team out in the QOS game. Chances are with our strongest team against Celtic we will still only have a slight chance of winning, whereas we must win in the league cup and progress!

Exactly the attitude PF is trying to steer us away from, we need to have more self belief, if we don't have that then what have we got :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
26-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Win the game in the first half then put on the subs.QOS haven't lost a goal yet.

Walter
26-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Exactly the attitude PF is trying to steer us away from, we need to have more self belief, if we don't have that then what have we got :rolleyes:

To be fair you're exactly right. I think I was in Football Manager mentality there. if I was on the park I'd be doing everything I could to get it up them

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2012, 07:01 PM
To be fair you're exactly right. I think I was in Football Manager mentality there. if I was on the park I'd be doing everything I could to get it up them

My mentality is I want Hibs to compete and be combative in every fixture, and hope we keep our strongest team for QOTS, as well as league matches....Is it too early to mention the treble ?? :greengrin

silverhibee
26-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Don't see the point in changing a winning team.If there are concerns over resting players then start them and tell them to make sure the tie's safe then sub them.

This.^

:agree:

Judas Iscariot
26-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Booth

Sproule Deegan Claros Cairney

Kuqi Griffiths

PatHead
26-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Unless there are injuries being carried would stick as close to the first team as possible. The wee run we are on needs extending, helping players gel, breeding confidence etc. We have still got a long way to go. Would maybe bring in Antell as we are really lacking backup in goal and any experience for him would help.

Apart from anything else the money a cup run generates could prove helpful.

007 Mickey Weir
26-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Agree no changes unless forced.

Spike Mandela
26-08-2012, 10:00 PM
We are nowhere near a strong enough squad to play anything but our best available players in every game.

Hibeesmad
26-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Antell

Clancy
O'hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Stanton
Claros
Handling

Kuqi
Caldwell

LeighLoyal
27-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Definitely start Kuqi.

allezsauzee
27-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I'd go with the same team unless anyone is carrying a knock. Let's not underestimate Queens here. If we go down there with the attitude that any 11 should be able to turn up and win, then we'll be out the cup.

JimBHibees
27-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Personally would rest McPake if he is carrying a knock and put O'Hanlon in. That apart would maybe give Caldwell a start for Doyle.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2012, 09:10 AM
As strong as we can field.

If anyone has a wee knock maybe drop them out but we are nowhere near good enough to be resting players in any competition we want to win.

Franck Stanton
27-08-2012, 02:40 PM
We have 7 new players in the first - pick 11, they still need game - time to gel, so on that reason alone would not make too many changes. IF McPake is nursing the injury to his back, then fair enough replace with O'Hanlon. Other than that, would only contemplate giving the cookie monster a run out. IF we were a couple of goals up in last half-hour, bring a few of the young lads in. Think Sproule will be away prior to end of this window so don't think he will participate as new club may want him not cup-tied.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Griffiths twatted saying that he feeling under the weather so he will miss out probably.

Hermit Crab
27-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Absolutely this! Don't change it keep the same team get them full of confidence :aok:

Macaroon
27-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Griffiths twatted saying that he feeling under the weather so he will miss out probably.

I can see Doyler playing off Kuqi. That will be an interesting partnership.

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Would like to go but it's a 180 mile round trip. :Ummm:

edinburghhibee
28-08-2012, 01:32 AM
I would replace McPake with O'Hanlon and Kuqi with Sparky thats all though, like someone said we aren't good enough to just turn up and take the points... yet!

:flag::flag::pfgwa:flag::flag:

Looking forward to the days game, me plus two others heading down. 12 cans of strongbow pear cider chilling in the fridge as we speak.:cb

ajay4hibs
28-08-2012, 01:46 AM

Got to say I totally agree with this, we need to be looking to win in both cup and league and won't do this by resting our winning first team!

Jim44
28-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Anything other than a win would put us back to square one, so the strongest team possible for me please.

mutley
28-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Anything other than a win would put us back to square one, so the strongest team possible for me please.That's the way I see it too, none of this Taking Games For Granted stuff. Full strength team, and then rest/sub players if it is in the bag second half

JIm
28-08-2012, 10:18 AM
That's the way I see it too, none of this Taking Games For Granted stuff. Full strength team, and then rest/sub players if it is in the bag second half

Got to agree with you guys, strongest team for me, big Hibs support heading down by looks of it and QOS will be looking for a scalp. If we get to a stage where its comfortable give Handling, Caldwell etc a run.

scoopyboy
28-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Got to agree with you guys, strongest team for me, big Hibs support heading down by looks of it and QOS will be looking for a scalp. If we get to a stage where its comfortable give Handling, Caldwell etc a run.

Won't be the strongest team.

I expect 3 or 4 changes.

silverhibee
28-08-2012, 01:37 PM

I expect 3 or 4 changes.

Is this due to injuries or just rest some players and give others a chance Scoops.

Mikey
28-08-2012, 01:43 PM

I expect 3 or 4 changes.

Well I hope PF doesn't trim the team too much. QoS have won 3 and drawn 1 so far so they'll be confident.

Gettin' Auld
28-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't expect many changes from saturday, apart from maybe giving Kuqi a starting place.

Brooster
28-08-2012, 02:21 PM
There will be changes. Sproule is a cert to start for example.

JimBHibees
28-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Farewell appearance ?

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I reckon if Griffiths isnt well he will swap with Kuqi. McPake may swap with O'Hanlon. I reckon that will be it until we score two in the first ten minutes.

Once the big man has completed his second swan dive, Pat may ring changes and we might see Booth, Caldwell, Handling or Stanton.

scoopyboy
28-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Is this due to injuries or just rest some players and give others a chance Scoops.

Bit of both is my understanding.

silverhibee
28-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Bit of both is my understanding.

:aok:

hibsbollah
28-08-2012, 03:35 PM
I'll go against the grain and say changes would be welcome and i think he'll do it too. Stanton for Claros, Handling for Griffiths id guess.

FromTheCapital
28-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake (C)
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Claros
Deegan
Cairney

Caldwell
Kuqi
----------------
Don't think Maybury has played poorly but think he may need a rest, same goes with Leigh. Both on bench incase things go wrong.

3-1 Hibs. :pfgwa

Brooster
28-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Scrap that, Sproule is suspended.