PDA

View Full Version : Who will leave Hibs before the end of this tranfer window?

hongkonghibee
26-08-2012, 11:35 AM
PF has stated he may need to move some more players out, so he can sign the 2 or 3 players he wants in.
Who do people think these players will be?
O'Hanlon, Kujabi or Stephens are the only ones I can think of. But they are all defenders. Galbraith is injured, so doubt it will be him.
I suppose if we can off-load O'Hanlon and Kujabi, we could then sign another defender and a winger and a creative midfielder?
Thoughts?.

hibIBZ
26-08-2012, 11:37 AM
think sproule could be heading out the door soon, past his best imo and cant see him getting many games

MontrealHibs
26-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Sproule, Stephens or O'Hanlon and Kujabi are all surplus in my view. I think we need an experienced backup keeper...

Hibee Ryan
26-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Sproule, Galbraith, Kujabi, O'Hanlon and Stephens, and if Booth isn't near the first team why not send him on a 6 month loan to the 1st division? Also a couple of youngsters out on loan

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 12:00 PM
If Pat can get in a couple of decent wide players better than we currently have and push Cairney into the middle with Deegan, we will have a very decent team capable of pushing for a top 5 finish, maybe better.

I know that would need players to move on, and that will be the tough bit. Stephens Sproule Galbraith would be the best ones to move on in my opinion, we need another centre half and O'Hanlon would be a better bet if one of our centre halves are injured?

brydekirk
26-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Don't think Ivan will hang about if he's not getting a game.

sahib
26-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Sproule, Galbraith, Kujabi, O'Hanlon and Stephens, and if Booth isn't near the first team why not send him on a 6 month loan to the 1st division? Also a couple of youngsters out on loan

He just signed Kujabi a few months ago.

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Kujabi still has another 11/12 months left on his contract, can't see us forking out yet again to release someone early, especially as it was PF that signed him, and i imagine we will have to keep either o'hanlon or stephens as back-up incase of injury/suspension to McPake/Hanlon

At The Edge
26-08-2012, 12:32 PM

Booth was back on the bench yesterday,

Speedway
26-08-2012, 01:35 PM
If Pat can get in a couple of decent wide players better than we currently have and push Cairney into the middle with Deegan, we will have a very decent team capable of pushing for a top 5 finish, maybe better.

I know that would need players to move on, and that will be the tough bit. Stephens Sproule Galbraith would be the best ones to move on in my opinion, we need another centre half and O'Hanlon would be a better bet if one of our centre halves are injured?

Would you drop Claros on that basis?

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Would you drop Claros on that basis?

Yes.

Hibiza
26-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Ivan and stephens. o hanlon good cover.:flag:

greenlex
26-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Ivan will be a Hun before the end of the window.

McD
26-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Ivan will be a Hun before the end of the window.

If we're lucky, has had his time with us I'm afraid, and judging by Berwick's performance today, he won't get an easy time from the players in the 3rd.

Franck Stanton
26-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Sorry to say it, but think Ivan is past his sell-by date, really liked him 1st time round - however, is not the same player now. IF he does go, then he does with my blessings as he will always be a legend to me. Galbraith, alough injured [when is he not ?], can go anytime he wants - even forgot we still had him - not had a return from the wages he has been paid, Stephens - just go - alough I think we would have to pay another club to take him - he is not and never will be a football player, Stephenson - bit of an enigma - shows promise but so often fails to deliver - better players than him out there so, another that could go imo. Think that O'Hanlon could go also as we have a number of players who could be considered fo c/h position [ move Clancy or Maybury in there, - not saying they would be as good as McPake/Hanlon - but in an emergency could give adequate account of themselves for couple of games required] thereby freeing up more cash for new players to come in. Trouble is, who would want any of them ?

hongkonghibee
27-08-2012, 01:14 PM

I have got the impression that O'Hanlon is on a high wage, which makes me think PF would like to move him on most, to free up more money for new players. I guess that Stephens and Galbraith are at the lower end of the wage spectrum and hardest to move on. Ivan is the other option, maybe Sevco want him?
Agree Blackpool we need a wide player, but also we desperately need someone more creative in central midfield too. Both these new players need to be capable of running forward with the ball rather than always looking for the safe sideways pass.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Galbraith is a complete waste of a wage and should be moved on if at all possible.

Kujabi can go. We have Maybury, Booth and Hanlon who can all play LB.

I'm unsure on Stephens. Always thought he had potential but he's never really looked like showing signs of fulfilling it. Personally I'd rather have O'Hanlon as cover at the moment.

Sad as it is to say I also wouldn't be overly upset of Sproule was moved on as well. Will be a relatively high earner whilst offering very little.

JimBHibees
27-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Galbraith is a complete waste of a wage and should be moved on if at all possible.

Kujabi can go. We have Maybury, Booth and Hanlon who can all play LB.

I'm unsure on Stephens. Always thought he had potential but he's never really looked like showing signs of fulfilling it. Personally I'd rather have O'Hanlon as cover at the moment.

Sad as it is to say I also wouldn't be overly upset of Sproule was moved on as well. Will be a relatively high earner whilst offering very little.

Makes complete sense for all concerned. Not sure I can see many being interested in Kujabi or Stephens. Maybe Utd will come back in for Booth?

Houchy
27-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Sproule, Stephens or O'Hanlon and Kujabi are all surplus in my view. I think we need an experienced backup keeper...

:agree:Don't think any of them would be missed tbh and i'd be happy to see any of them go if it means another couple of good players in the mold of Deegan, Clancy and Cairney came in.

Golden Bear
27-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I have got the impression that O'Hanlon is on a high wage, which makes me think PF would like to move him on most, to free up more money for new players. I guess that Stephens and Galbraith are at the lower end of the wage spectrum and hardest to move on. Ivan is the other option, maybe Sevco want him?
Agree Blackpool we need a wide player, but also we desperately need someone more creative in central midfield too. Both these new players need to be capable of running forward with the ball rather than always looking for the safe sideways pass.

Ok I'm probably in a minority of one, but I don't think O'Hanlon is as bad a player as people make out. Admittedly he makes mistakes but so does our illustrious Captain James McPake.

hibee81
27-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Ok I'm probably in a minority of one, but I don't think O'Hanlon is as bad a player as people make out. Admittedly he makes mistakes but so does our illustrious Captain James McPake.

Completely agree.
:clapper:

Heedersnvolleys
27-08-2012, 02:13 PM

Your right in away if Stephens or O'Hanlon or even Hanlon had let Tade in on Saturday when McPake took a swipe and missed they would be getting slaughtered on here!

The big difference though they would not have done the great things McPake done before and after that. For the record thought Hanlon was solid as well on Saturday.

hibs0666
27-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Fair point about O'Hanlon, but why the cheap shot at McPake? :confused:

Thecat23
27-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Trust me he's not. Him and Hanlon maybe weren't great but i'd put money on if him and McPake were paired together not much would pass them. I feel sorry on the guy at times more so after reading some of the things that get said about him.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Doesn't sound like a cheap shot.

O'Hanlon would be a good one to keep, experienced and can score a goal. Furthermore, if Hanlon got injured O'Hanlon is an adequate replacement. I'd much rather him than Stephens.

It was just unfortunate that O'Hanlon came in when we were at our lowest and because our midfield couldn't compete in the slightest he was often our only line of defense.

McPake does make the odd mistake but he is a leader, he encourages others around him and does not shrink when he does make an error.

Golden Bear
27-08-2012, 02:43 PM

It wasn't a "cheap shot" merely an indication that even the better players can and do make mistakes.

I hope my explanation satisfies your sensitivity.

hibs0666
27-08-2012, 02:57 PM
It wasn't a "cheap shot" merely an indication that even the better players can and do make mistakes.

I hope my explanation satisfies your sensitivity.

Nah, fury is oozing from every pore still. :wink:

ronaldo7
27-08-2012, 04:09 PM
It wasn't a "cheap shot" merely an indication that even the better players can and do make mistakes.I hope my explanation satisfies your sensitivity.

2 in 2 weeks:wink:

It's lucky he's got Big Ben behind him.

Macaroon
27-08-2012, 04:15 PM

We have far bigger priorities than that at the minute

andrew70
27-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Galbraith is going to Livi

adhibs
27-08-2012, 04:25 PM
did sproule not just sign a new contract in the summer to keep him here for the season? cant see him leaving if so, although would be happy if he did

LeighLoyal
27-08-2012, 04:44 PM
did sproule not just sign a new contract in the summer to keep him here for the season? cant see him leaving if so, although would be happy if he did

he came back on a two year deal last summer.