PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Hibernian - Well Done Fenlon - Well Done Players

Speedway
25-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Hibernian with bottle and ability...

Over the years on .net, there's been a pattern and it goes like this: when we lose regularly, there's reports from every Tom, Dick and Speedway about unrest, the dressing room going missing, people fight/drink/gamble/do drugs at training etc.

When we win a couple of games and show improvement, it's nothing to get excited about. When things go very well, it's a matter of time until the good players/managers get poached or the board sell the family silver etc.

Well you can suck my lollipop, today was Grrrrrrreat!!

Not the first half of course, pinged balls up top and they bounced straight back which is why we looked like the away team.

However, we battled through that, remember a battling Hibs? it's been a while. 2nd half had signs of Mowbrayball and it was a delight to watch.

In brief,

Williams - Not the best but more than good enough for Hibs and better than anything seen in goals since Andersson.

Clancy - Slow but steady.

McPake - Real fire in the belly, real will to win, other players look to him. He's a winner which is why his slip-ups get forgiven especially as he knackered his back very early on in the game and played on regardless. I remember Keepers and Moroccans pretending they were injured when they didn't fancy a second 45.

Hanlon - Don't like Hanlon, looks scared too often to me but can't argue with his performance today, composed and intelligent.

Maybury - Stolen the words 'steady, dependable left back' from Graeme Mitchell.

Wotherspoon - What's his problem? Plenty of ability but scared in case he might demonstrate it. Seems to only be able to run at 'fast jog' setting now as well.

Claros - Starting to see what he's all about. He still wants too much time on the ball and needs to release it quicker.

Deegan - The Irish Didier Deschamps. Got the midfield closer to the front two in the second half which is why we started hunting them in packs like Collins wanted us to do.

Cairney - Like this guy, needs to shed a stone but another with a real attitude and fight to win. Matter of time until he starts scoring for us.

Griffiths - Quality, really dangerous, you watch defenders backing off him, he's got them scared before he's got his shot away.

Doyle - Another I don't like generally but worked his chorus off for his today and I was delighted he got a goal for his trouble.

Good natured banter and comradeliness from fans, a nice spirit around the place albeit that we're still silent in the FF and West.

All in all, the board have backed Pat, Pat has clearly brought in better than we had in terms of both attitude and ability and he's not finished yet. First time I've enjoyed ER since the early days of Yogi....we look like Hibs in that fantastic strip as well.

Well done everyone for beginning the process of delivering a Hibernian with bottle and ability.

Liam89
25-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Hear hear! :party::thumbsup:

joe breezy
25-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Suck my lollipop - ha ha