PDA

View Full Version : Improved performances.

greenlex
25-08-2012, 06:18 PM
With the improved performances comes an improvement at throw ins. I cannot remember us wasting one in two home games. Most pleasing. :greengrin

HibsMax
25-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Improved team on the pitch will have the fans coming back in hordes. The question is, how much improvement is required for those lapsed fans to come back? From what I have seen, we have a long way to go but each week we've seen improvements. What do you think the tipping point will be for the absentee fans? Have we shown enough improvement already to justify larger crowds?

Totally agree about the throw-ins.

greenlex
25-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Improved team on the pitch will have the fans coming back in hordes. The question is, how much improvement is required for those lapsed fans to come back? From what I have seen, we have a long way to go but each week we've seen improvements. What do you think the tipping point will be for the absentee fans? Have we shown enough improvement already to justify larger crowds?

I think after the first round of fixtures when we have played everyone and we can maybe better gauge the longer lasting improvements may see more bums on seats. A result next week irrespective of performance would help a great deal. There will be some however who will remain away regardless as money is really tight at the moment and will have drifted on to do other things.

S.sct
25-08-2012, 06:31 PM

A big win....... not had a big win for a while, pimp the yams or tic and keep improving and punters will return

HibsMax
26-08-2012, 01:49 PM
When was the last time we had a three game unbeaten streak? :)

I'm hoping we continue to build on what we've started.

@greenlex - yeah, those who are staying away for monetary issues won't, or are less likely, to be swayed back until there are very definite signs.

McD
26-08-2012, 03:01 PM
With the improved performances comes an improvement at throw ins. I cannot remember us wasting one in two home games. Most pleasing. :greengrin

Yep, Clancy has a nice long throw in his arsenal, noticed against the yams that any time we had a shy in the attacking third, Mcpake went up and caused a lot of problems for them off Clancy getting decent length. Long may it continue :greengrin

PeeJay
26-08-2012, 04:58 PM
What do you think the tipping point will be for the absentee fans?

I think a significant demolition of the Hearts would do the trick - about time we enjoyed a win over them again, a proper win.

macca70
26-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Really?

Don't mean to be a killjoy but watch the full live game again via BBC Alba.

I paid quite close attention to our throw ins and didn't see much improvement.

I said to the guys I was with, watch our throw ins, this will set up a st J attack, more often than not I was proved right.

jamieross
26-08-2012, 11:23 PM
One thing I think needs to change is who takes the corners. Just being picky but my opinion is you put your best finisher either in the box or on the edge of the box, he wont win alot of headers but could easily score a few from knock downs and poor clearances.

I'm_cabbaged
27-08-2012, 05:41 AM
One thing I think needs to change is who takes the corners. Just being picky but my opinion is you put your best finisher either in the box or on the edge of the box, he wont win alot of headers but could easily score a few from knock downs and poor clearances.
Who took the corner for our goal?

Peevemor
27-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Who took the corner for our goal?

Griffiths

greenlex
27-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Really?

Don't mean to be a killjoy but watch the full live game again via BBC Alba.

I paid quite close attention to our throw ins and didn't see much improvement.

I said to the guys I was with, watch our throw ins, this will set up a st J attack, more often than not I was proved right.

I Dont have time to watch it again but I dont believe you. Maybe occasionally but more often than not we retained possession and rarely did St Johnnys set up an attack.