PDA

View Full Version : The Kuqi Monster

Macaroon
25-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Absolute bulldozer. Nothing more to say. Slow as anything but looks like he can really cause problems in defences.

Probably the most positive thing I saw when he and Caldwell came on was that Ross was constantly looking to him and absorbing information to him. For the 10 minutes or so they were on the park Shefki never stopped advising Ross and was telling him exactly where to stand for goal kicks etc to be looking for the flick on. His experience will prove invaluable in the development of Caldwell and Handling IMO.

Exactly what we were looking for from the big man. :thumbsup:

hibee
25-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Noticed him talking to Caldwell all the time, I didn't think he was that slow though not sure how he would be after 90 mins!

PeterboroHibee
25-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I wasnt totally convinced about him signing but happy with him so far, and he does that role of coming off the bench well, particularly if hes coming on to knock about tiring CBs and ease the pressure on us. Also happy that hes mentoring Caldwell, his game should really come on with advice on and off the pitch! He seems to have a bit of pace alongside being quite big and physical, so if Kuqi can help him work on his game, he could really push on for us.

joe breezy
25-08-2012, 06:17 PM
We're going to win the league and I'm sure he will play a positive role in the feat

woodythehibee
25-08-2012, 06:21 PM
very surprised he didn't come on earlier. First half we played far too many high balls to Doyle who rarely won them whereas you would expect Shefki to win this kind of ball. Looking forward to seeing him in the coming weeks.

PeterboroHibee
25-08-2012, 06:29 PM
very surprised he didn't come on earlier. First half we played far too many high balls to Doyle who rarely won them whereas you would expect Shefki to win this kind of ball. Looking forward to seeing him in the coming weeks.

We are at our best, imo, when we actually play the ball on the ground. Kuqi is good to bring on but Id worry that it would encourage them to play even more long balls!

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2012, 06:30 PM
We're going to win the league and I'm sure he will play a positive role in the feat

Pub chat. Love it :thumbsup:

Looked a unit that will cause a headache for most SPL defences.

But only fair to judge from more than 15mins on the pitch.

S.sct
25-08-2012, 06:37 PM

No, thought doyle and griffiths played well. No tinkering for the sake of it. If anything would have gave booth a wee run on the left.

--------
25-08-2012, 06:44 PM
No, thought doyle and griffiths played well. No tinkering for the sake of it. If anything would have gave booth a wee run on the left.

:agree: There's an art to playing out time when 2-0 up. My only criticism is that Pat might have been better making the two subs a couple of minutes apart, a la mode du Alex Miller. More effective at running down the clock.

--------
25-08-2012, 06:50 PM
MotM - Jake. :agree:

woodythehibee
25-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Doyle only won about 1 header from about 10. If we are going to punt it long to a striker then it has to be Kuqi, not Doyle. Took his goal well though.

--------
25-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Now if Ross Caldwell had been playing for the Yams with Thomson refereeing - that would have been a stonewall penalty. :greengrin

Pat's got a lot of work to do, but at least there are some promising signs at last.

VickMackie
25-08-2012, 09:32 PM
:agree: There's an art to playing out time when 2-0 up. My only criticism is that Pat might have been better making the two subs a couple of minutes apart, a la mode du Alex Miller. More effective at running down the clock.

I'm sure refs automatically add 30 seconds per sub now so bringing them on at the same time is more effective.

jamieross
26-08-2012, 01:02 AM
I noticed aswell that he seemed to be speaking alot to Caldwell, help him with his positioning etc. Its good to see. :aok:

Hibbyradge
26-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Absolute bulldozer. Nothing more to say.

But that's not quite right, is it?

You managed another 97 words and a thumbs up smiley.

I wish people would try to be more accurate. :rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
26-08-2012, 08:57 AM

:hilarious

Macaroon
26-08-2012, 11:05 AM

SORRY ya radge... :rolleyes:

:greengrin

LancashireHibby
26-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Guessing he didn't have much of a pre-season so his fitness will improve over the next few weeks I'm sure - might even get a start on Tuesday night to help him along?

Macaroon
26-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Guessing he didn't have much of a pre-season so his fitness will improve over the next few weeks I'm sure - might even get a start on Tuesday night to help him along?

I can understand the reasoning behind that yeah. Won't be surprised if you're right.

Irish_Steve
26-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I remember a previous Finnish forward getting absolutely slated after his debut against St Mirren during our Great Adventure - if this current Finnish forward finishes half as well as the previous Finnish forward, we`ll be laughing - finito

Hibbyradge
26-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I remember a previous Finnish forward getting absolutely slated after his debut against St Mirren during our Great Adventure - if this current Finnish forward finishes half as well as the previous Finnish forward, we`ll be laughing - finito

Johansson? :wink:

NatureBoy
27-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Kuqi has massive cult hero potential!

Stevie Reid
27-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm sure refs automatically add 30 seconds per sub now so bringing them on at the same time is more effective.

He would still count both, even when made at the same time.

--------
27-08-2012, 10:30 AM

That's no fair. :bitchy:

Macaroon
27-08-2012, 04:14 PM
That's no fair. :bitchy:

I think it is. With a bit of 'strategic' positioning just before the double-sub was made I'm sure someone could milk the whole process for at least a minute! :cb

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Can anyone who was at the game comment on Kuqi's showing tonight? Has Fenlon got in a dud or what? I'm thinking Fenlon let go guys like Sodje and Agogo who were probably no worse going by tonight. Was there any signs he might have something in the tank?

JIm
28-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Can anyone who was at the game comment on Kuqi's showing tonight? Has Fenlon got in a dud or what? I'm thinking Fenlon let go guys like Sodje and Agogo who were probably no worse going by tonight. Was there any signs he might have something in the tank?

He was hopeless, unfit, struggles to move, didn't win a header all night, didnt hold ball up, didnt link play. Apart from that he had a great game.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-08-2012, 11:32 PM

I see what you did there ;) el tanque headed off the Barcelona by slow ship (quite apt really ;)

ehf
28-08-2012, 11:32 PM
He was hopeless, unfit, struggles to move, didn't win a header all night, didnt hold ball up, didnt link play. Apart from that he had a great game.

Made Sodje look like RVP.

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 11:35 PM

Fenlon signed him for a bet on paddy power by the sounds of it. :confused:

JIm
28-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Fenlon signed him for a bet on paddy power by the sounds of it. :confused:

One of the worst striker performances i have seen in a long time. Caldwell and Handling must be wondering what they need to do to get a chance......

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 11:43 PM
One of the worst striker performances i have seen in a long time. Caldwell and Handling must be wondering what they need to do to get a chance......

Is the ink dry on the contract? If not make space in the :taxi

JIm
28-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Is the ink dry on the contract? If not make space in the :taxi

Maybe i'm being a bit harsh, we're all a bit raw after what we had to endure tonight, again like my views on Fenlon, i hope he can prove me wrong.

LancashireHibby
29-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I think all of us would acknowledge that he'll be struggling for fitness for a few weeks because of his lack of a pre-season etc, but my word he looked so unfit tonight and had a shocker of a game. Don't want to judge him too early as his record suggests he can stick the ball in the net, but he looks months rather than weeks away from full fitness.

oregonhibby
29-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Described by a former manager sitting close to me - not built like the side of a house more like a block of flats.

Earlier post got it right - nothing to offer at all. Can't see how he can get match fit without games like LC. Using him in PL would mean we play with 10 men. Doyle whilst not the best offers something.

Brooster
29-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Apart from his obvious lack of fitness he couldnt even get the basics right. His positional sense, shocking first touch and refusal to jump for high balls ensured that the young queens centre half had an easy night. I think we have signed a dud.

Golden Bear
29-08-2012, 08:17 AM
I think all of us would acknowledge that he'll be struggling for fitness for a few weeks because of his lack of a pre-season etc, but my word he looked so unfit tonight and had a shocker of a game. Don't want to judge him too early as his record suggests he can stick the ball in the net, but he looks months rather than weeks away from full fitness.

Thankfully I wasn't there last night so I don't consider myself qualified to comment on either Kuqi's or the team's performance.

However history seems to continue repeat itself with regard to the Club signing players whose fitness levels are obviously lacking. We need to sign guys who are fit and ready to play right now and not (maybe) in a few months time.

We just don't learn do we?

LancashireHibby
29-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Thankfully I wasn't there last night so I don't consider myself qualified to comment on either Kuqi's or the team's performance.

However history seems to continue repeat itself with regard to the Club signing players whose fitness levels are obviously lacking. We need to sign guys who are fit and ready to play right now and not (maybe) in a few months time.

We just don't learn do we?
May have been a different story had we signed him at the start of the transfer window. Is it a case of the club being late in their dealings or do prospective players want to wait and see who else wants them before agreeing to sign for us?

Golden Bear
29-08-2012, 08:36 AM
May have been a different story had we signed him at the start of the transfer window. Is it a case of the club being late in their dealings or do prospective players want to wait and see who else wants them before agreeing to sign for us?

Good questions which I can't answer.

I appreciate that their is a difference between match fitness and general fitness but I would have thought that any professional athlete would have an on obligation to keep themselves fit.

At least that's the theory!

J-C
29-08-2012, 09:03 AM

Probably a bit of both, Kuqi was more than likely hoping to get a club down south, which didn't transpire and the club had to wait until the outcome of the Sky deal, either way it isn't acceptable as is seems to happen every year, plus another forward was high on our shopping list.

DarrenSQH
29-08-2012, 09:20 AM
At the moment looks worse than Konte, Sodje, Agogo and others that we have had to endure through the years. 35 years old, cant run, cant jump, cant control. I mean he hasent had a preseason but I cant really see that turning him into a player. Would rather play Doyle and the young lads.

The Sea-gull
29-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Panic signing. Worrying thing is that the signing was made with 2 weeks of the window left. This is the sort of signing that is usually made after the window is closed. Surely there were better options out there than an unfit past it 35 year old.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Good questions which I can't answer.

I appreciate that their is a difference between match fitness and general fitness but I would have thought that any professional athlete would have an on obligation to keep themselves fit.

At least that's the theory!

Spot on.....

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2012, 10:00 AM
too many cookies for the kuqi monster :(

Billy Whizz
29-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Kuqi has got to take full responsability for his poor shape. Any player on the look out for a new club needs to hit the ground running. Even more, a 35 year old has to be in decent shape to kick on, I'm surprised with his experience he's turned up at Hibs so out of condition!
It looks like it could be nearer november before we see him in any sort of form

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2012, 12:10 PM
big Tony Higgins would beat kuqi in the 100 metres :agree: infact, Ally Mcleod would beat him as well :cb

Squealing pig
29-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Guy probarly thought what's he playin me in the DIDDY cup for al show him. He's better than that and will prove it probarly just in big games though.

Squealing pig
29-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Duno why it autocorrects DIDDY in caps. Strange.

Paisley Hibby
29-08-2012, 08:59 PM
But Hibs.Net accepted wisdom just over a week ago was that this guy would be a great signing. Lots of links to videos showing great goals followed with the trademark bellyflop celebration. I ALWAYS believe what I read on Hibs.Net this thread so now I'm confused...:wink:

richard_pitts
29-08-2012, 09:34 PM
At the moment looks worse than Konte, Sodje, Agogo and others that we have had to endure through the years. 35 years old, cant run, cant jump, cant control. I mean he hasent had a preseason but I cant really see that turning him into a player. Would rather play Doyle and the young lads.

Nothing could be worse than konte :na na:

Re signings, our problem is that we either have to find gems or take a chance on players who've had bad luck with injuries or need games. Dean Shiels and David Murphy were two such players. Chris Killen was another. This is due to finance and the size of the club. Kuqi must have done something right given his background and I think that he needs games. I also remember Peter Beardsley (who was still playing in the amateur leagues a few years ago) saying at a lower level you take up positions and play balls that others don't read and look like an idiot.

LeighLoyal
29-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I suggested to Kuqi Monster that he change his diet but it didn't go down well.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBO1Z3X-VZIyXeYKqYD4NYuxbQmh_pZoJ6-Y5fT0BUsTyXLL7-MA

Hermit Crab
29-08-2012, 10:45 PM
too many cookies for the kuqi monster :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4-TsaNENo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

brog
30-08-2012, 09:25 AM
But Hibs.Net accepted wisdom just over a week ago was that this guy would be a great signing. Lots of links to videos showing great goals followed with the trademark bellyflop celebration. I ALWAYS believe what I read on Hibs.Net this thread so now I'm confused...:wink:

Read my posts!! I desperately hope I'm wrong but I continually posted, to the annoyance of a few, that this was a bad & desperate signing. Someone asked me a good question, ie was I doing this just to say I told you so. I wasn't & I'm not but I was terribly frustrated we were wasting what little cash we have on an unfit 35 year old who was awful when I saw him regularly 3 years ago. I was also worried PF's position would be undermined by making this signing. Again, I would like nothing more than to have egg on my face but I wouldn't bet on it & I suspect those at Dumfries wouldn't either.

hibee62
30-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Am I the only one who thought he looked like a good signing in the 5 or so minutes he got against St Johnstone. Won the few headers he went up for, constantly talked Caldwell through the game and encouraged him the whole time. Now I know it was only 5-10 minutes and I wasn't there on Tuesday, but what I saw was encouraging!

DarrenSQH
30-08-2012, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=richard_pitts;3343958]Nothing could be worse than konte :na na:

[QUOTE]

When Kuqi comes on when we are behind at Tynie and helps turn the game around or scores a goal which qualifies us for europe then we might one day be as good as Konte. Until then he is on a valdas trackys level.

Famous5forever
30-08-2012, 11:53 AM

I Was not at the game but i just cant believe that he is worse than the players in bold above have we been sold a Dud ?