PDA

View Full Version : Performance

GGTTH07
25-08-2012, 04:07 PM
First 40 minutes were bad but after that great performance. Maybury not looking sharp, deegan good.

Ultrabee1-0
25-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Brilliant 2nd half kept a clean sheet and think we have found the balance between attack and defense good result against mid table team!

Northernhibee
25-08-2012, 04:27 PM
First 40 minutes were bad but after that great performance. Maybury not looking sharp, deegan good.

I think Maybury is the full back we've been crying out for. Composed and knows where to put himself.

Doyle is improving leaps and bounds.

DAVE1875
25-08-2012, 04:27 PM
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt271/neuralstate/interwebs/Patrick_Bateman_dance.gif

SheriffLobo
25-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Don't think maybury is quite match fit maybe but think any time I have seen him he looks solid and assured. I am actually delighted with all pats signings....keep it up.

Night and day from the shower last season.

Deegan must go though, a hard tackling mid, who is happy to put his foot on the ball? Wtf should never be seen in a Hibs strip.....cshpuld it.

CraigHibee
25-08-2012, 04:32 PM
1st half we were bad at times however, we got the result and that's what matters :) Doyle definitely improving and thought he had a good game

iwasthere1972
25-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Rubbish first half but thankfully a big improvement in the second half. How St Johnstone didn't score is beyond me. A great couple of saves anyway.

sahib
25-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Brilliant 2nd half kept a clean sheet and think we have found the balance between attack and defense good result against mid table team!

My first live game of the season. I thought the two midfield clones, 7 & 11, worked hard and Claros is looking better, actually he had a good game. Goalie was pretty good
Hanlon is looking much more composed along side McPake (who could be our best centre-half for decades). I like Doyle he is a sort of Colin Stein type. Griffiths lives up to his nick name just lacked a bit of composure with his passing.
In the last two seasons, the amount of St Johnstone possession in the first half would have seen us lose a goal. So I don't think we were brilliant but we were workman-like and mostly unfazed.

SheriffLobo
25-08-2012, 04:51 PM
My first live game of the season. I thought the two midfield clones, 7 & 11, worked hard

Haha, unless they turn their backs I don't have a clue who is who

PatHead
25-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Last season we would have been 2 or 3 down at HT. Hard tackling and blocking of shots stopped that. Good second half by pretty much everyone

lucky
25-08-2012, 05:24 PM
ST J dominated early doors but never really threatened. Hanlon was my MOTM but whole defenseplayed well. We look fairly solid but still room to improve

VickMackie
25-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Just got a job that starts off at half 4 on a Saturday. Dropped a relative off at the game. Could do with getting a half game ticket!

S.sct
25-08-2012, 06:17 PM

Still no pace and the general play is too pedestrian for me. Claros always seems to slow the game. Still 3 points and a clean sheet so positve. Want more though.........

whiskyhibby
25-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Still no pace and the general play is too pedestrian for me. Claros always seems to slow the game. Still 3 points and a clean sheet so positve. Want more though.........

I think Claros is there to slow the game, so good that you saw that

Winston Ingram
25-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I think Maybury is the full back we've been crying out for. Composed and knows where to put himself.

Doyle is improving leaps and bounds.

Totally. Maybury has been excellent & Doyle is beginning to show what he's capable of:agree:

hibee_girl
25-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Really don't understand the Doyle improving posts, in my eyes he's always been good for us, he's a very intelligent player. It didn't come off for him last season due to the crap around him not because he was crap.

essexhibee
25-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Doyle is an intelligent player. Like him. Would get him on the weights a bit though tough him up :greengrin

What a save by Williams by the way with one on one with Tade. Feel comfortable with him between the sticks :agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-08-2012, 08:37 PM
First time I've seen Hibs this season. Happy that we showed a bit of fight and had some dig in midfield. Still lacking a bit of creativity in midfield which hopefully will be sorted out before the deadline, but delighted with the three points that we defo wouldnt have got under Calderwood.

marleyhib
26-08-2012, 01:39 PM
First half was very last season, second half was much much better. Quite a few positives: Williams, McPake/Hanlon pairing, Doyle, Claros (second half), Griffiths, Cairney.

We still look short of options in midfield but we've got to be happy with back to back wins.

Last season we had zero confidence, in the second half yesterday we had plenty which was great to see.

Pat's had a really tuff job, inheriting a team in free-fall with only a January window to get players in and keep us up, which he did. He's definitely turning things around, we aint there yet but we've got to give him time and get behind him and the team.

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeh ... the first half was a bit like most of the last two or three seasons where we have let the opposition have far too much of the ball putting us under loads of pressure. If that had been Celtic or Dundee Utd ( Killie result notwithstanding ) out there we would have been at least 2 - 0 down at half time, as PF admitted.

But having said that, we defended resolutely in the first half and played so much better in the second. I still think we could have made more chances in the second half than we did, but that will come I'm sure.

One thing that did strike me in the first half was that even after the first 15 minutes it was plain to see that Williams lumping the ball up the park for Doyle and Griffiths just wasnt working, and in fact was contributing to St Johnstone gaining possession all the time. I'm a bit concerned that PF didnt get instructions to him to play the ball out to Clancy or Maybury in an attempt to pass it into midfield.

Still, onwards and upwards.

PeeJay
26-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Deegan must go though, a hard tackling mid, who is happy to put his foot on the ball? Wtf should never be seen in a Hibs strip.....cshpuld it.

Deegan made a major contribution to the 2nd goal: he played a superb ball through to Griffiths who then made a great pass into the box for Doyle to score the second goal - did you miss it perhaps?

Iggy Pope
26-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Deegan made a major contribution to the 2nd goal: he played a superb ball through to Griffiths who then made a great pass into the box for Doyle to score the second goal - did you miss it perhaps?

Woooooossssh?

ggth
26-08-2012, 07:44 PM

much improved 2nd half, Deegan was quiet compared to previous games, Claros is getting better each game, and I will get pelters for this, but I have seen no improvement from Doyle, look at his poor passing and constantly losing the ball in possession, I hope he improves but dont think he will score many goals

ps Williams is looking like the best Keeper we have signed in over a decade