PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Answers with Rod Petrie tomorrow.....

GORDONSMITH7
25-08-2012, 11:29 AM
........at the Hibernian Supporters Association Club, 13.30. Tickets from Branch Secretaries.

BIG G

lucky
25-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Or if Hibs club member just turn up

lucky
26-08-2012, 12:54 PM
About 40 fans have bothered to turn.

DaveF
26-08-2012, 02:16 PM
About 40 fans have bothered to turn.

How many were you expecting to turn up :confused:

lyonhibs
26-08-2012, 02:26 PM
How many were you expecting to turn up :confused:

Judging by the numbers who seem to think Petrie is the root of all evil and must leave Hibs yesterday, about 4000 would have been a reasonable guess.

Hibercelona
26-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Judging by the numbers who seem to think Petrie is the root of all evil and must leave Hibs yesterday, about 4000 would have been a reasonable guess.

Surely the worshipers would have been expected to turn up in high numbers also? :confused:

Beefster
26-08-2012, 02:57 PM

How many supporters are members of a supporter's club and therefore eligible to attend?

You also have to take into account that a lot of supporters have experienced trying to get a straight, non-spin, answer out of Rodders and co in the past. It's not a pleasant experience.

greenlex
26-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Surely the worshipers would have been expected to turn up in high numbers also? :confused:

40 or so I believe.

lucky
26-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Interesting Q&A today key points that I can remember from over 2 hours of questions.

Rod and board gutted about cup final defeat and echoed James McPakes words that they will never run over us again.

Hibs as a club will be no soft touches no more

Board wish to engage with supporters more and will continue to meet supporters

Hibs voted against ESPN deal as they muck about to much with kick off times and generally don't do a good job of promoting Scottish football

No Friday night football at Easter Road as police would not allow.

Willing to look at ways to engage with immigrant population of Lothians to get them to support Hibs

Look at a reduce admission price for unemployed

Look at a fans representative on the board elected by season ticket holders

Pat Fenlon has final say on transfers

Coventry a nightmare to deal with over James McPake

John Collins and Tommy Craig were happy that Rod facilitated a meeting with the players.
The players complaints to Rod were they wanted more training and tactics. They wanted input into the teams tactics.

The facilities at Hibs are a big plus when trying to sign players but Hibs want to concentrate on youth development . 40% of first team squad came from Hibs youth system. Hibs want quality not quantity previous managers signed too many players.

I'm sure others who attended can add more info, but generally I thought it was worthwhile

down-the-slope
26-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Interesting Q&A today key points that I can remember from over 2 hours of questions.

Rod and board gutted about cup final defeat and echoed James McPakes words that they will never run over us again.

Hibs voted against ESPN deal as they muck about to much with kick off times and generally don't do a good job of promoting Scottish football

Willing to look at ways to engage with immigrant population of Lothians to get them to support Hibs

John Collins and Tommy Craig were happy that Rod facilitated a meeting with the players.
The players complaints to Rod were they wanted more training and tactics. They wanted input into the teams tactics.

The facilities at Hibs are a big plus when trying to sign players but Hibs want to concentrate on youth development . 40% of first team squad came from Hibs youth system. Hibs want quality not quantity previous managers signed too many players.

I'm sure others who attended can add more info, but generally I thought it was worthwhile

I realise this is true , but do you think its helpful to be so public with this info as this is not managements public stance, as it would hardly help negotiations?

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 03:42 PM

Well that should shut a few folk up. :greengrin

lucky
26-08-2012, 03:43 PM
DTS , only reported what was said. The TV deal is now done. Hibs are only one club out of 12. We as fans have complained about getting mucked about and our club has stuck up for us. Even though it would cost the club money

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-08-2012, 03:54 PM

I'm sure others who attended can add more info, but generally I thought it was worthwhileWell that's two urban myths blown out the water, 1. That the players and Rod went behind Collin's back and 2. that the players were too lazy to do the extra training Collin's demanded.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Well that's two urban myths blown out the water, 1. That the players and Rod went behind Collin's back and 2. that the players were too lazy to do the extra training Collin's demanded.

Yip, some folk would blame Petrie for their bus being late. I'm not Petrie's biggest fan, but even Collins said in a newspaper interview the meeting never bothered him.

In a week to a fortnight, those same folk will have forgotten about this, and still try and tell anyone who listens, the rut started when Rod went behind Collins back. :faf:

zlatan
26-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Yip, some folk would blame Petrie for their bus being late. I'm not Petrie's biggest fan, but even Collins said in a newspaper interview the meeting never bothered him.

In a week to a fortnight, those same folk will have forgotten about this, and still try and tell anyone who listens, the rut started when Rod went behind Collins back. :faf:

The rut started the moment John Collins started signing his own players.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 04:32 PM
The rut started the moment John Collins started signing his own players.

:agree: :top marks

Exactly, and as for him wanting the players to be fitter, we had a team of kids who were up there as the fittest i'd seen in a Hibs shirt, in fact i'd only ask one question on this, who were these unfit players?

Spike Mandela
26-08-2012, 04:45 PM

Did he elaborate on just how he is going to acheive this bold statement?

We must have the worst derby record in world football and on that particular day they sent us out with a rag tag bunch of loanees, laddies, dead wood and has been journeymen. Cheap as chips options. An embarrassment that will take us a long time to recover from.

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I noticed that one of the agenda items was 'long term ownership of Hibs' .... anything on that ?

Stantons Angel
26-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I thought this was a very worthwhile meeting but i learned nothing new. Mr Petrie tried taking us around the houses with his answers but i got the feeling we are only being paid lip service?

We were told that everyone on the board is a Hibs' supporter and had felt with the fans after the May humiliation. Yet when i asked them if they were supporters and had seen the way the club was going, as we did, why did the let this "culture" grow? Why did they not do something then when the fans saw what was happening and stopped going along. They showed the board with their feet just what they thought of things??? Yet they still sat there watching us slide further and further into this "culture" and watched it grow!

All of a sudden they are listening to the fans? But why? because they NEED US!

The manager has shown that he means business and wont tolerate anything less than total commitment! That is the way it should be. There are signs of improvement but we are a work in progress, as they say.

I think the manager is right when he said "the whole culture of the club is wrong" in that im sure he included these so called Hibs' supporters guising as our "board"

We are not all stupid morons, we are hard working people who love our football club. We wont stand for second best any more. Stop treating the fans as idiots, cause we are not!

I hope all of those who were eligible to attend this meeting and chose to hide behind an avatar will take note.. Thats another chance you had to put your words into action.........................and you bottled it!

bingo70
26-08-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm not really a board basher, i think we could do more to attract fans to the game but in general i think they spend the money we do have wisely, made managerial appointments i agreed with at the time and support managers as much as we can but i tend to think these Q&A sessions are a waste of time as they either say what we want to hear, don't say anything at all or say they're trying to improve things with no real substance as to how they're going to do that, perfect example being him saying "Rod and board gutted about cup final defeat and echoed James McPakes words that they will never run over us again."....He's got fairly minimal influence over that so he can't give that guarantee, Fenlon maybe can, Mcpake maybe can but he can't.

I was half thinking about going in the off chance something different was said but if there was anything significant to say they wouldn't say it at an event like this, they would say it to the media or on our website at a time that suited the club.

It's a similar situation to when you go into 'meetings' with bosses at your work where basically they pretend they're listening to you, promise things will change but go ahead and do what they were always going to do in the first place.

lucky
26-08-2012, 05:13 PM
On long term ownership he said STF was being Hibs owner and would continue. STF owns 90% of holding company and RP 10%. There are 1700 small share holders who were gifted their shared by STF when bought the club 21 years ago.

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2012, 05:55 PM
On long term ownership he said STF was being Hibs owner and would continue. STF owns 90% of holding company and RP 10%. There are 1700 small share holders who were gifted their shared by STF when bought the club 21 years ago.

What about the folk who bought shares during the Duff era, are they not shareholders any more then ?

As for STF's ownership ..... were no questions put to RP regarding STF's long term plans for the club, because TBH the old " I dont want to own a football club" mantra is beginning to look like hogwash.

90% gives STF unquestioned control of every aspect of Hibernian F.C. which to my mind gives him 100% responsibility for its abject failure on the pitch for 5 years now ..... What are his plans for progress on the pitch. If it is the same formula which has failed for 19 out of the last 20 years, what is he prepared to do about it?

As far as I am concerned an owner who isnt affected enough by his clubs failure ( in one case humiliation ) on the pitch to up his game and start making a real difference to its fortunes has abdicated his responsibility ..... not only to the history and good name of the club, but to the people who support it.

I wasnt at the meeting because I thought it would be the hottest ticket in town. I am genuinely surprised that from a supporters club with over 2,000 members only 40 odd folk could be bothered to turn up...... WTF.

HibbyAndy
26-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I thought this was a very worthwhile meeting but i learned nothing new. Mr Petrie tried taking us around the houses with his answers but i got the feeling we are only being paid lip service?

We were told that everyone on the board is a Hibs' supporter and had felt with the fans after the May humiliation. Yet when i asked them if they were supporters and had seen the way the club was going, as we did, why did the let this "culture" grow? Why did they not do something then when the fans saw what was happening and stopped going along. They showed the board with their feet just what they thought of things??? Yet they still sat there watching us slide further and further into this "culture" and watched it grow!

The manager has shown that he means business and wont tolerate anything less than total commitment! That is the way it should be. There are signs of improvement but we are a work in progress, as they say.

I think the manager is right when he said "the whole culture of the club is wrong" in that im sure he included these so called Hibs' supporters guising as our "board"

We are not all stupid morons, we are hard working people who love our football club. We wont stand for second best any more. Stop treating the fans as idiots, cause we are not!

I hope all of those who were eligible to attend this meeting and chose to hide behind an avatar will take note.. Thats another chance you had to put your words into action.........................and you bottled it!

Thanks for this post :aok:

I tend to agree with this one in particular.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2012, 06:14 PM

In the same breath RP said the player's did not know what to do at corners.....I mean FFS if "professional players", dont know what to do at corners we should call it a day......Schoolkids get taught that level of football....Says more about the level of player that have been masquerading in Hibs jerseys, doing a dishonour to our proud name.........

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2012, 06:15 PM

Well said JC.... :aok:

3pm
26-08-2012, 06:48 PM
In the same breath RP said the player's did not know what to do at corners.....I mean FFS if "professional players", dont know what to do at corners we should call it a day......Schoolkids get taught that level of football....Says more about the level of player that have been masquerading in Hibs jerseys, doing a dishonour to our proud name.........

Short of saying it, Collins was just a 5hit3 manager.

Although I did laugh at 'the life of' Riley who said on more than one ocassion we must look forward but decided to ask about 'that' meeting.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Short of saying it, Collins was just a ****3 manager.

Although I did laugh at 'the life of' Riley who said on more than one ocassion we must look forward but decided to ask about 'that' meeting.

Maybe but we won our last trophy with him.....Playing Devil's Advocate, RP was not going to say yes I agree, I should not have met the player's, silly me....He said today he was the mediator, so JC and players must have been poles apart in their stances.....

Did you think the meeting was a worthwhile exercise Russell?

Jim44
26-08-2012, 06:54 PM

Once they sort out taking corners they should turn their attention to taking throw ins. For years, a throw in for us, unbelievably, meant almost certain loss of possession. We're still cack at throw ins.

Westie1875
26-08-2012, 06:59 PM

On the ESPN thing I'm glad Hibs have noticed this and acted, ESPN actually seem to go further than this and slag off scottish football on a regular basis. The commentary teams do this every game and should have been taken to task over it long before now, they should be promoting our product, not belittling it at every opportunity.

Its a shame about the Friday nights being a no no, on a personal level I would far prefer this that lunchtime kick offs on Sat & Sun for tv although I know it wouldn't suit everyone.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Once they sort out taking corners they should turn their attention to taking throw ins. For years, a throw in for us, unbelievably, meant almost certain loss of possession. We're still cack at throw ins.

One of my biggest bugbears too.......

lucky
26-08-2012, 07:14 PM
What about the folk who bought shares during the Duff era, are they not shareholders any more then ?

As for STF's ownership ..... were no questions put to RP regarding STF's long term plans for the club, because TBH the old " I dont want to own a football club" mantra is beginning to look like hogwash.

90% gives STF unquestioned control of every aspect of Hibernian F.C. which to my mind gives him 100% responsibility for its abject failure on the pitch for 5 years now ..... What are his plans for progress on the pitch. If it is the same formula which has failed for 19 out of the last 20 years, what is he prepared to do about it?

As far as I am concerned an owner who isnt affected enough by his clubs failure ( in one case humiliation ) on the pitch to up his game and start making a real difference to its fortunes has abdicated his responsibility ..... not only to the history and good name of the club, but to the people who support it.

I wasnt at the meeting because I thought it would be the hottest ticket in town. I am genuinely surprised that from a supporters club with over 2,000 members only 40 odd folk could be bothered to turn up...... WTF.
Those who bought shares then lost them when we went burst. STF then gift shares to the same people. There was no big statement on the club direction other than they are listening and want to give PF as much support as possible.

offshorehibby
26-08-2012, 07:35 PM

When Hibs went bust, STF bought Hibs lock, stock and barrel. Anybody that had bought shares in the Duff era lost everything. STF gifted shares to the smaller share holders probably more as good will gesture. The 1700 smaller share holders together don't have enough vting rights to anything.

VickMackie
26-08-2012, 07:50 PM

We must have the worst derby record in world football and on that particular day they sent us out with a rag tag bunch of loanees, laddies, dead ood and has been journeymen. Cheap as chips options. An embarrassment that will take us a long time to recover from.

it was those same players that got us there so in not sure how you can criticise re club for playing them!

AlbertK86
26-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Short of saying it, Collins was just a 5hit3 manager.

Same Collins that won us the cup and had us at the top of the league after beating the current buns at ibrox

Well documented that him and Rod Didnae get on so not a surprise Rod gied him a bashing tonight

3pm
26-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Same Collins that won us the cup and had us at the top of the league after beating the current buns at ibrox

Well documented that him and Rod Didnae get on so not a surprise Rod gied him a bashing tonight

He never bashed him.

Steven, answer you tm.

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2012, 08:15 PM
The question I've always wanted to ask is "what is if"?

Maybe Rod knows.

marinello59
26-08-2012, 08:22 PM
The question I've always wanted to ask is "what is if"?

Maybe Rod knows.

I would rather ask him 'How soon is now?" Not many people know about his secondary career in a Smiths tribute band. Sadly his Flock Of Seagulls gig ended when the hairstyle became impossible.

basehibby
26-08-2012, 08:30 PM

We must have the worst derby record in world football and on that particular day they sent us out with a rag tag bunch of loanees, laddies, dead wood and has been journeymen. Cheap as chips options. An embarrassment that will take us a long time to recover from.

To be fair, these players were not signed with a cup final in mind - they were signed to keep us in the SPL, which they did manage to achieve.

I won't argue against you re Hibs' derby record though - it is disgraceful and improving on it should definately be a priority for our club.

basehibby
26-08-2012, 08:49 PM

:confused: WTF gives L&B Police the right to hold back progress??? Lazy work-shy barstewards should at least allow a trial run to guage the potential of such a move. There is no doubt in my mind that Friday evening football would be a lot more successful than Sunday noon KOs so, in effect, L&B Police are costing football clubs money and pishing us fans about for no good reason. It works in other cities so what excuse are they coming up with to justify their supposed inability to police such an event????

Pathetic :grr:

God Petrie
26-08-2012, 08:52 PM
People seem to forget that a large amount of people wanted rid of JC when he walked away.

The fact he did it a day after EM was opened was unforgivable.

Kaiser1962
26-08-2012, 09:01 PM

The folk that bought shares during the Duff era no longer own shares in that company as it went mammaries skyward. STF though "gave" the supporters who had bought shares in the club under Duff a shareholding in the new company. There was no requirement on him to do this, I doubt Charles Green is considering it.

Kaiser1962
26-08-2012, 09:03 PM

He did no such thing.

Spike Mandela
26-08-2012, 09:32 PM
it was those same players that got us there so in not sure how you can criticise re club for playing them!

Did you watch our team over the whole of last season? Surely you can see why it is easy to criticise possibly the most poorly equipped for battle Hibs team in about 30 years or so, imo.

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I would rather ask him 'How soon is now?" Not many people know about his secondary career in a Smiths tribute band. Sadly his Flock Of Seagulls gig ended when the hairstyle became impossible.

What difference does it make? Fans whine team gets worse, fans whine team gets better. Pies never change.

Jack
27-08-2012, 08:09 AM
How many supporters are members of a supporter's club and therefore eligible to attend?

You also have to take into account that a lot of supporters have experienced trying to get a straight, non-spin, answer out of Rodders and co in the past. It's not a pleasant experience.

1,500 to 1,700 I think.

3pm
27-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Did you think the meeting was a worthwhile exercise Russell?

Having never been to an AGM or anything similar, I was unsure what to expect.

Quite impressed that Rod went round and said hello to a fair few in the room, he was speaking to me about The Rangers match that was on one of the TV's and said this season will be a true test for McCoist!!! I wasn't overly impressed with the distance between the stage and the audience, it was a touch ironic when they said that they wanted to get closer to the fans :greengrin but that wasn't there fault.

Obviously very apologetic about what has happened particulalry the final but the horse has bolted now so I was hoping for answers that would encourage us for the future. When questioned, the answers were reasonably in depth from the Rodfather but in most instances I don't think he actually answered some of the questions put to him. If Mike Riley was serious about chairing the meeting then maybe he should have been a bit sterner with him? Maybe I am looking for too much.

It's always a good PR exercise to meet supporters but there is very little that I didn't know already from either reading things on here or in the papers. The exception to that was the ESPN deal that we never really knew about, I think they deserve credit for voting against that deal (as the chap Kevin(??) from here said, being told at the time might have taken some of the heat off them rather than just letting everyone get tore in).

Very disappointed in the PR guy, how can someone go to a fans forum and literally not say a word?! Rod made reference at one point to some of things they haven't got right one of which was the shop...surely the guy must have had something to say at that point?!?! Online / website was mentioned too?! SAY SOMETHING! :devil:

One thing I did find interesting was when Rod said the club had been 'paternal' and had worked with some of the guys to make them all round better people. That's of no use to you or I if the results don't work themselves onto the pitch. Hopefully the change in culture will mean that we don't have to work with such characters on a too frequent basis and we just sign 'fitba' players.

Might have liked to have seen at least one of them in the main bar after it to maybe speak to one or two of us on a 1:1 basis but the 3 of them took off. Disappointed as I fanced a game at killer with Rod.

All in all, decent but could have been better. It should be the first of more based on what they were saying so we'll see how things go.

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks to the folk who answered my shares question.

Its interesting to see folks opinion on last seasons cup final team.

Heres the truth as I see it. Apart from the Cowdenbeath match I was at every tie.

Hibs v Killie. In all honesty we were overrun in the second half of that game and only poor finishing from Killie, a brilliant save from Stack and a reasonable amount of luck stopped it going to a replay.

Ayr Utd v Hibs. We were OK in that game, but considering that Utd are two leagues below us a win there should have been the least to be expected. Only Hibs past Habit of getting turned over by lower league teams away from home made it anything more than a run of the mill result.

Aberdeen v Hibs. Two good goals in that game, though it has to be said shocking defending contributed to our first one. I think everybody who was there would agree that Aberdeen were pretty poor which didnt do us any harm.

The Final ...... everybody knows.

The bottom line is that the team we had got the luck you need to get to a cup final, but when they got there they were found out big time. That is the issue that the board and owner of HFC have to address now. A situation like that can never be allowed to happen again.

Having said that .... the board cannot be blamed for the lack of urgency and fight shown by the team in that game, which is the least you should expect from professional football players when up against ( at least on paper ) superior opposition. It was a disgrace.

Still ****in' hurts !!!

lord bunberry
27-08-2012, 01:03 PM
:confused: WTF gives L&B Police the right to hold back progress??? Lazy work-shy barstewards should at least allow a trial run to guage the potential of such a move. There is no doubt in my mind that Friday evening football would be a lot more successful than Sunday noon KOs so, in effect, L&B Police are costing football clubs money and pishing us fans about for no good reason. It works in other cities so what excuse are they coming up with to justify their supposed inability to police such an event????

Pathetic :grr:

I hope there's never any friday night games at er i work on a friday night so wouldn't be able to go. We need to get back to playing on a Saturday at 3pm

Billy Whizz
27-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Any news on a new Chief Executive

Craig_in_Prague
27-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks to the folk who answered my shares question.

Its interesting to see folks opinion on last seasons cup final team.

Heres the truth as I see it. Apart from the Cowdenbeath match I was at every tie.

Hibs v Killie. In all honesty we were overrun in the second half of that game and only poor finishing from Killie, a brilliant save from Stack and a reasonable amount of luck stopped it going to a replay.

Ayr Utd v Hibs. We were OK in that game, but considering that Utd are two leagues below us a win there should have been the least to be expected. Only Hibs past Habit of getting turned over by lower league teams away from home made it anything more than a run of the mill result.

Aberdeen v Hibs. Two good goals in that game, though it has to be said shocking defending contributed to our first one. I think everybody who was there would agree that Aberdeen were pretty poor which didnt do us any harm.

The Final ...... everybody knows.

The bottom line is that the team we had got the luck you need to get to a cup final, but when they got there they were found out big time. That is the issue that the board and owner of HFC have to address now. A situation like that can never be allowed to happen again.

Having said that .... the board cannot be blamed for the lack of urgency and fight shown by the team in that game, which is the least you should expect from professional football players when up against ( at least on paper ) superior opposition. It was a disgrace.

Still ****in' hurts !!!

And at the same time Hearts were VERY lucky to have got past Auckinleck (wrongly chopped offside goal), St Johnstone (red card, dodgy late penalty in replay, etc), and then also against St Mirren (another replay and rather lucky)... then Celtic and Hibs, everyone knows all about their games there.

Luck is huge in football and at the end of the day, Hibs as a club / squad were probably at our lowest ebb for a very very long time... whilst they still had players that they couldn't afford, who were the difference in the final and in other rounds of the cup.

As we move forward and football finally becomes more financially fair - We should see Hibs being more competitive and with a bit more luck, finally lift more trophies.

lucky
27-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Any news on a new Chief Executive

Hibs are looking but no one wil be appointed any time soon. Rod will step in and do it until then

lucky
27-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Quite impressed that Rod went round and said hello to a fair few in the room, he was speaking to me about The Rangers match that was on one of the TV's and said this season will be a true test for McCoist!!! I wasn't overly impressed with the distance between the stage and the audience, it was a touch ironic when they said that they wanted to get closer to the fans :greengrin but that wasn't there fault.

Obviously very apologetic about what has happened particulalry the final but the horse has bolted now so I was hoping for answers that would encourage us for the future. When questioned, the answers were reasonably in depth from the Rodfather but in most instances I don't think he actually answered some of the questions put to him. If Mike Riley was serious about chairing the meeting then maybe he should have been a bit sterner with him? Maybe I am looking for too much.

It's always a good PR exercise to meet supporters but there is very little that I didn't know already from either reading things on here or in the papers. The exception to that was the ESPN deal that we never really knew about, I think they deserve credit for voting against that deal (as the chap Kevin(??) from here said, being told at the time might have taken some of the heat off them rather than just letting everyone get tore in).

Very disappointed in the PR guy, how can someone go to a fans forum and literally not say a word?! Rod made reference at one point to some of things they haven't got right one of which was the shop...surely the guy must have had something to say at that point?!?! Online / website was mentioned too?! SAY SOMETHING! :devil:

One thing I did find interesting was when Rod said the club had been 'paternal' and had worked with some of the guys to make them all round better people. That's of no use to you or I if the results don't work themselves onto the pitch. Hopefully the change in culture will mean that we don't have to work with such characters on a too frequent basis and we just sign 'fitba' players.

Might have liked to have seen at least one of them in the main bar after it to maybe speak to one or two of us on a 1:1 basis but the 3 of them took off. Disappointed as I fanced a game at killer with Rod.

All in all, decent but could have been better. It should be the first of more based on what they were saying so we'll see how things go.

I don't think any of us knew how the afternoon would go. But it is a start. Hopefully more opportunities in the future for more discussion and accountability. I deliberately never posted anything to negative about the meeting but Hibs had a PR guy there who sat at the top table and said nothing. Which is a bit strange as he is the main link in communicating to supporters. I still think it was worthwhile.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2012, 05:20 PM
"Hibs had a PR guy there who sat at the top table and said nothing."

Can't be accused of not listening then ;)

Do we really want the club to be advised by PR or have PR speak on the clubs behalf?

People are perhaps tired of spin and would rather hear from those actually responsible no ?

Ozyhibby
27-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry that I missed this as I would liked to have went. Can anyone who was there say if there was any mention of league reconstruction or changes to the voting system?

3pm
27-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry that I missed this as I would liked to have went. Can anyone who was there say if there was any mention of league reconstruction or changes to the voting system?

None...

PJ IronHIbee
27-08-2012, 07:54 PM
What difference does it make? Fans whine team gets worse, fans whine team gets better. Pies never change.

Franky Mr Shankley if the pies never change - Heaven knows I'm miserable now!

Baldy Foghorn
27-08-2012, 08:46 PM

Fair assessment.....Rod is great at talking in depth, whilst telling you nothing......

I suppose it was the first step to hopefully a better relationship between the Hibs Board and HSA. The Board are aware than interaction with supporter's needs to improve, and LWT was the start of this too.....

Like you said nothing new came out (except some things regarding the revolt), but at least they gave up their time.....

Baldy Foghorn
27-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Franky Mr Shankley if the pies never change - Heaven knows I'm miserable now!

Dont "Panic".....

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2012, 10:46 PM

Well that didn't last very long. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Well that didn't last very long. :rolleyes:

Summer of change, have we got the bottle.....Great slogans, nope just hollow ones.......

hughio
29-08-2012, 11:30 AM
One of my biggest bugbears too.......

and mine:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2012, 02:29 PM
and mine:rolleyes:

Yet again last night, we managed to throw ball out the park from a throw in.....Basic stuff.....

Jim44
30-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Yet again last night, we managed to throw ball out the park from a throw in.....Basic stuff.....

I'm fed up moaning about our permanent inability to handle throw ins. When we get one, I dread the fact that we are automatically under pressure. This has gone on for years and can only be put down to useless coaching or players with no positional sense ( again, poor coaching because this 'skill' can be taught).