PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous things people have said or annoy you!

VickMackie
25-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Does anyone have any stories about something that someone has said, or does, that makes you think WTF.

My one is technology related. I'm mid twenties and people who have phones attached to them do my nut in.

I said to my girlfriend the other day, what's the weather like? She said she didn't know cos her phone was in the livingroom! I said, open the ****ing curtains!

Does anyone else get hit with this kind of crap or is it just me?!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-08-2012, 04:09 PM
People saying "my bad" or "oh my days" annoys me hugely for some reason.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Girls who go out for 'drinkies' with the 'girlies' piss me right off.

And folk who document their whole night out on Facebook. Check in at every bar and then about 200 photos the next day.

Nuitdelune
26-08-2012, 05:32 PM
People who 'touch base'

Future17
26-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I once voiced my concerns about my post alcohol forgetfulness to a girlfriend, who replied with "What things have you forgotten?"

Still makes me laugh rather than annoyed though.

Dinkydoo
26-08-2012, 07:06 PM
The "girlies" thing irritates the crap out of me too for some inexplicable reason.

The fact that some people seem completely unable to think logically whilst using a computer gets me every time. "Dinkydoo, can you sort out my system for me. EVERY time I try to login it 'says' my password is wrong so EVERY time I have to get you to reset it and it works fine, but the next time I try to login it's forgotten it again. Are there 'gremlins' in the system?".

Try answering that question politely from the same people time and time again (who are probably on an extra 5 - 10 grand per annum than me)..........

I'm so tempted to say something along the lines of, "I'm sorry but only one of you is forgetting the password every bloody time, and its not the computer!"

Managers creating new employee records, misspelling the name and then creating another record to 'fix' the problem is another common one.....

Gatecrasher
27-08-2012, 11:40 AM
People who 'touch base'
I hate that as well - When someone says it i just think "Ya Fanny"

Pretty Boy
27-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Also people who order drinks at a bar and order pints, especially Guinness, last. It takes the longest to pour so order it first!

Anyone who says 'LOL' as a word in conversation or people who say or write 'woop woop'.

Hibrandenburg
27-08-2012, 12:15 PM
People who say that respect has to be earned. No it ****ing doesn't. Respect is a given for all creeds, races, sexual orientation and sexes. You can lose respect by being a knob but everyone deserves respect until they lose it.

The_Exile
27-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Not strictly what people say but what people type, those who spell 'lose' with 2 o's, that infuriates me, 'lose' and 'loose' are 2 completely seperate words, it doesn't even look right, it's primary school stuff!

Text speak, my missus has a pal who talks only in text speak, but it's not text speak as we know it, it's words that make no coherent sense. I sat for just under 20 minutes trying to decypher a 30 word text, I got bits of it but other bits just didn't look like they belonged in the English language. It baffled me, utterly baffled me. it almost drove me to loose it............:greengrin

Also people who say 'woot' as if it's a word, it's always a woman, every time, "woot woot girls" stop it, stop it and prove you took English at school, then I'll untie you and let you go.

Northernhibee
27-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Anyone who uses the word "chillax". A ****ing abomination of a word.

Speedy
27-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I hate that as well - When someone says it i just think "Ya Fanny"

Why don't you take it up with them...offline?

Dinkydoo
27-08-2012, 09:28 PM
It doesn't annoy me although when people use the word 'badger' in the context of "He's been badgering me all morning." I really struggle to contain my amusement. All these people touching base and badgering each other within the workplace causes a real daily struggle for me; I just can't seem to handle the innuendo :faf:

Nodding head smilie.

Ironically one of the most irritating words ever created.

Hiber-nation
27-08-2012, 09:49 PM
It doesn't annoy me although when people use the word 'badger' in the context of "He's been badgering me all morning." I really struggle to contain my amusement. All these people touching base and badgering each other within the workplace causes a real daily struggle for me; I just can't seem to handle the innuendo :faf:

Yep, reminds me off my old boss who insisted that we had to "tease this out a bit more" when confronted with a problem. :greengrin

One of my worst is when on holiday in somewhere like Tenerife and some lassie with a clipboard and some prize draw tickets comes up to you and says "Excuse me - are you English?" :grr:

Dinkydoo
27-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Yep, reminds me off my old boss who insisted that we had to "tease this out a bit more" when confronted with a problem. :greengrin

That's another one :greengrin

Matty_Jack04
28-08-2012, 07:36 AM
It's a Facebook related thing that gets me...when people write rants (mostly women btw) with loads of !!! But never a name of who's annoyed them or never a explanation on what's bothered them, the rant is quickly followed by a million replies all with 'what's up' or 'hope your ok babe' attention seeking at its finest if u ask me does my head right in

Pretty Boy
28-08-2012, 08:01 AM
It's a Facebook related thing that gets me...when people write rants (mostly women btw) with loads of !!! But never a name of who's annoyed them or never a explanation on what's bothered them, the rant is quickly followed by a million replies all with 'what's up' or 'hope your ok babe' attention seeking at its finest if u ask me does my head right in

Hate this! The worst ones though are when thy get asked 'what's up?' or 'what's happened?' and answer with 'its private, thanks'. Well don't post it on Facebook you ****!

StevesFamau5
28-08-2012, 08:03 AM
YOLO is the worst abv ever. Only idiots say it...
On the other hand FTW is classic

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jack
28-08-2012, 08:04 AM
People who 'touch base'

I’ve gone through almost 40 years of management / marketing / HR, PM, personnel as they used to be called / sales / presentations / speech writing / finance / training / all the other crap speak that is spouted in the latest book of drivel that’s the next best, biggest thing in the office.

Hate the lot. You cant shove them far enough as far as I’m concerned.

If you cant say it in your own words you probably don’t know what your talking about.

When asked a while ago if I used the L.E.A.N. process at my work I replied that anyone that wasn’t was incompetent and should be sacked for wasting resources. Most people, except possibly the thick bassas in the Corporate Knowledge Group (how's that as a Training Unit name) were probably using it without thinking about it. I was then shown how to make a cup of tea – using the LEAN process – and asked if I was able to do the same. I despair.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2012, 08:14 AM
People who take pictures of their dinner and post it on Facebook with 'nom nom nom' underneath. People who actually say 'nom nom nom' should be publicly tortured and executed.

Hermit Crab
28-08-2012, 09:18 AM
People who 'touch base'

What is this touch base pish? Never heard of it!! :confused:

Hiber-nation
28-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Its an utterly ridiculous phrase that tw@t managers use when they want an update on progress of a job they've given you.

"Can I leave that with you? Touch base 3 o'clock?" :crazy:

Hermit Crab
28-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Its an utterly ridiculous phrase that tw@t managers use when they want an update on progress of a job they've given you.

"Can I leave that with you? Touch base 3 o'clock?" :crazy:

In my line off work if the gaffer said that to any of the lads they'd get told to bolt followed by a severe ribbing, touch base indeed :faf:

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Facebook annoys the **** out of me..

Well more so people who have let their life revolve around the thing!!!

Never had it & never will..

Hermit Crab
28-08-2012, 10:01 AM
]Facebook annoys the **** out of me..[/B]

Pi55ed me off that much i deleted the effing thing. Folk just talk pish on it. :grr:

Hibee87
28-08-2012, 10:06 AM
The "girlies" thing irritates the crap out of me too for some inexplicable reason.

The fact that some people seem completely unable to think logically whilst using a computer gets me every time. "Dinkydoo, can you sort out my system for me. EVERY time I try to login it 'says' my password is wrong so EVERY time I have to get you to reset it and it works fine, but the next time I try to login it's forgotten it again. Are there 'gremlins' in the system?".

Try answering that question politely from the same people time and time again (who are probably on an extra 5 - 10 grand per annum than me)..........

I'm so tempted to say something along the lines of, "I'm sorry but only one of you is forgetting the password every bloody time, and its not the computer!"

Managers creating new employee records, misspelling the name and then creating another record to 'fix' the problem is another common one.....

Sounds like you work on a service desk as well.......I love how its always 'our fault' the password is not working when the message clearly states 'incorrect username or password' :faf:

Teo10
28-08-2012, 11:01 AM
****ing love this thread!

What gets me just now is the amount of people I see talking about "Skite" (going out drinking) and how big a skite night they had.

As well as 50 million other stupid Uni sayings!!

I get abuse for talking so much about football etc yet have to accept normality on people talking about going out on the "Skite" all the time...

:grr::grr::panic::panic::panic:

Hibbylad86
28-08-2012, 11:07 AM
People who take pictures of their dinner and post it on Facebook with 'nom nom nom' underneath. People who actually say 'nom nom nom' should be publicly tortured and executed.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif:faf::faf:

Peevemor
28-08-2012, 11:15 AM
****ing love this thread!

What gets me just now is the amount of people I see talking about "Skite" (going out drinking) and how big a skite night they had.

As well as 50 million other stupid Uni sayings!!

I get abuse for talking so much about football etc yet have to accept normality on people talking about going out on the "Skite" all the time...

:grr::grr::panic::panic::panic:

:confused: That's an old expression - I'm surprised it bothers you. I've never thought twice about using (or doing) it.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/skite

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/on-the-skite (http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/skite)

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2012, 11:18 AM
People who have had a bad experience at the hands of people from a certain profession/race/culture and then use that experience to label everyone associated with that profession/race/culture as being the same.

Peevemor
28-08-2012, 11:18 AM

A horrible americanism that caught on in the UK about the same time that people started "doing lunch".

VickMackie
28-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I’ve gone through almost 40 years of management / marketing / HR, PM, personnel as they used to be called / sales / presentations / speech writing / finance / training / all the other crap speak that is spouted in the latest book of drivel that’s the next best, biggest thing in the office.

Hate the lot. You cant shove them far enough as far as I’m concerned.

If you cant say it in your own words you probably don’t know what your talking about.

When asked a while ago if I used the L.E.A.N. process at my work I replied that anyone that wasn’t was incompetent and should be sacked for wasting resources. Most people, except possibly the thick bassas in the Corporate Knowledge Group (how's that as a Training Unit name) were probably using it without thinking about it. I was then shown how to make a cup of tea – using the LEAN process – and asked if I was able to do the same. I despair.

It's now lean sigma. Haha

I do understand te concept and Agree with making things lean because it's usually other areas that dictate the policies or processes that make no sense.

Teo10
28-08-2012, 11:30 AM
:confused: That's an old expression - I'm surprised it bothers you. I've never thought twice about using (or doing) it.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/skite

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/on-the-skite (http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/skite)

Yeah its been around for ages, been adapted for people who Skite to then gain a "kite" which is the fat belly they get from drinking so much.

Just the past wee while it's been plastered everywhere and then I get abuse for talking about football!

VickMackie
28-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Another one, I've recently started working as a delivery driver (start at half 4 on a sat so can't make Saturday games :( )

People who have to go and find their bag and search for money when they phoned an order 45 minutes before you arrive and you're standing around in the rain or got lots to do.

Gatecrasher
28-08-2012, 11:42 AM
A horrible americanism that caught on in the UK about the same time that people started "doing lunch".

Or "are you lunching" :loser:

Dinkydoo
28-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Unnecessary acronmys are annoying too, and acronmys that mean different things but are written and pronounced the same.

Sounds like you work on a service desk as well.......I love how its always 'our fault' the password is not working when the message clearly states 'incorrect username or password' :faf:

I don't physically work on a service/help desk however half of my split position includes User Support for a HR system. Had another one this morning who was definitely entering the correct password because they have it written down....... and there was no way that they could have written it down incorrectly.

Jack
28-08-2012, 11:47 AM
On the ridiculous side of things I once remember a woman being very vociferous in a restaurant about everything associated with her visit.

The hostilities concluded when she shrieked at the manager that she was a restaurant critic for Trip Advisor. :faf: I was poorless as were most of the other folk.

Hibee87
28-08-2012, 12:16 PM
People who have had a bad experience at the hands of people from a certain profession/race/culture and then use that experience to label everyone associated with that profession/race/culture as being the same.

What like all politicions being dicks :thumbsup:

NOLA
28-08-2012, 12:37 PM
cant stand that "word" cant quite believe its managed to find a place in modern vocabulary, anyone tells me to "chillax" i respond in kind, Twat.

VickMackie
28-08-2012, 01:05 PM
How's you!

Pretty Boy
28-08-2012, 01:08 PM
'I'm not a racist but..........'

You just know what follows is going to be horrible.

Hibee87
28-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Unnecessary acronmys are annoying too, and acronmys that mean different things but are written and pronounced the same.

I don't physically work on a service/help desk however half of my split position includes User Support for a HR system. Had another one this morning who was definitely entering the correct password because they have it written down....... and there was no way that they could have written it down incorrectly.

I could tell you numerous storys of total idiots who phone the help desk, espically in my old place.

a few of the best have had:

My sweetie is stuck in the vending machine......'ok, what do you want IT to do it baout it'? .....get it back.

Im stuck in the lift.

one of my colleagues has just collapsed (seriously had this call, our helpdesk was outsourced and we were based 400 miles form the office) I said ok you called a doctor/ambulance. No cant you do it was the answer.

I had a user i was standing next to and said press the windows icon at the bottom left for me. she then proceeded to actually press the monitor with her finger.

my wireless mouse wont work....me, ok have you checked the batteries? its wireless though. Me yeah but it runs from batteries. user whats the point in having a wireless mouse if it uses batteries.

had a call where users machine wasnt turning on. asked was it plugged in etc the normal checks, she snapped back at me saying ovcourse its plugged in etc as if my question was stupid. Sent our field engineer on a 2 hour round trip to have a look. When he got to the site office it was in darkness, the engineer asked what you sitting in the dark for? Lady responded....there has been a power cut in the area all morning.

the human race never ceases to amaze me :faf:

lyonhibs
28-08-2012, 06:15 PM
My good god where to begin.

From past jobs:

1) People who don't know the difference between a SIM card and what that does and what mobile phone software is and what that does.
2) People who aren't aware that passwords are generally case sensitive

Pretty Boy
28-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Football commentators who don't know what literally means.

'The lad is literally on fire tonight'.

Eh no, he's not.

hibsbollah
28-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Football commentators who don't know what literally means.

'The lad is literally on fire tonight'.

Eh no, he's not.

Football commentators who don't know what ironically means

'ironically, he's just scored against his former club'.

Eh no, it isn't.

Speedy
29-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Football commentators who don't know what ironically means

'ironically, he's just scored against his former club'.

Eh no, it isn't.

Football commentators that descibe someone as unplayable.

Hibee Ryan
29-08-2012, 08:04 AM
2 things:

1) English football commentators saying "just about", "the 'keeper just about tipped that wide" ehhh no, he did tip it wide that's why it's a corner.

2) Having a "discussion" with someone, they realise they've lost the debate and just proceed to repeat the same sentence over and over and over and over again or just keep telling you to "calm down", I am calm but you're not f****** helping

:grr::grr:

Scouse Hibee
29-08-2012, 11:37 AM
2 things:

1) English football commentators saying "just about", "the 'keeper just about tipped that wide" ehhh no, he did tip it wide that's why it's a corner.

2) Having a "discussion" with someone, they realise they've lost the debate and just proceed to repeat the same sentence over and over and over and over again or just keep telling you to "calm down", I am calm but you're not f****** helping

Is that ALL English commentators :greengrin read my post on this thread!

Hibee Ryan
29-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Is that ALL English commentators :greengrin read my post on this thread!

Not all :greengrin, but for some reason it's only English commentators that do it, any idea?

Dinkydoo
29-08-2012, 11:57 AM
2 things:

That one confuses me too; though I don't get angry about it. I simply reply with "It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's still wrong.".......... then I get told to calm down anyway. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
29-08-2012, 02:09 PM
One from last night - come on Hibs we can still win this 2 mins into added time:rolleyes:

Matty_Jack04
29-08-2012, 05:54 PM
New Facebook hate....off to see my besties.....

When i was small one best friend was ample the rest stayed as friends

Maybe I should just delete Facebook

deeks01
29-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Since there is a lot of hate for Facebook terms on here I thought I'd give a rare post and let this out. Anyone noticed people lately saying things like "omg my crush just did such and such" I mean seriously? 'my crush'? Makes me want to drop kick a kitten out of sheer annoyance. I mean when did it become cool for teenage to adult girls to speak like a 5 year old American?!?!! Twats of the highest order. Utter twats. Twats who don't deserve to be called human.

Aannnddddd breathheeee ;)

Pete
29-08-2012, 07:05 PM
People on this forum who have chosen usernames that are far too similar to established posters. You can't see avatars on a phone and it's difficult to know whos post you're reading. I mean they must know!

Don't know if this is really the right thread but it's been bugging me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2012, 01:05 AM
People on this forum who have chosen usernames that are far too similar to established posters. You can't see avatars on a phone and it's difficult to know whos post you're reading. I mean they must know!

FalkirkH springs to mind! Long live tennis loving FH!

Teo10
30-08-2012, 10:38 AM

remember the whole Non Shiny Fish debacle of earlier on this year :bitchy:

Matty_Jack04
30-08-2012, 02:15 PM
People that stand at the bus stop then look for the money when it arrives or when they get on....your at the bus stop its hardly a suprise when one shows up

Gatecrasher
30-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Since there is a lot of hate for Facebook terms on here I thought I'd give a rare post and let this out. Anyone noticed people lately saying things like "omg my crush just did such and such" I mean seriously? 'my crush'? Makes me want to drop kick a kitten out of sheer annoyance. I mean when did it become cool for teenage to adult girls to speak like a 5 year old American?!?!! Twats of the highest order. Utter twats. Twats who don't deserve to be called human.

Aannnddddd breathheeee ;)
Totes

Mon Dieu4
30-08-2012, 03:20 PM
People that stand at the bus stop then look for the money when it arrives or when they get on....your at the bus stop its hardly a suprise when one shows up

Most of mine revolve around buses, your one is my number one hate followed by people who can't tear the ticket from the machine and when someone is sat next to you and a free seat comes up they don't take it, as well as people who treat bus stairs like the north face of the Eiger, put one foot infront of the other its not hard

another is automatic revolving doors and people who put their hands on them and push, its already moving you daft erse

lots of things annoy me, oh and my pal who says much love on Facebook, not sure when he became a rasta arghhhhh

Holmesdale Hibs
30-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Football fans that go 'shooooooooooooot' every time a defender gets the ball within 50 yards of the goal.

Marabou Stork
30-08-2012, 11:38 PM
'I'm not a racist but..........'

You just know what follows is going to be horrible.

Haha. See also;

"some of my best friends are black...."

Teo10
31-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Football fans that go 'shooooooooooooot' every time a defender gets the ball within 50 yards of the goal.

That is defo me.... only for a joke though haha

Hibee87
31-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Most of mine revolve around buses, your one is my number one hate followed by people who can't tear the ticket from the machine and when someone is sat next to you and a free seat comes up they don't take it, as well as people who treat bus stairs like the north face of the Eiger, put one foot infront of the other its not hard

another is automatic revolving doors and people who put their hands on them and push, its already moving you daft erse

lots of things annoy me, oh and my pal who says much love on Facebook, not sure when he became a rasta arghhhhh

bet you dinny complain when its some tidy wee bird sitting next to you..

my hate on the bus is people who read the paper and invade your space with their elbows, it then turns into a me nudging them when reading my paper and it turns into a mexican nudge off on who will make the next nudge.

jabis
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
relish.

HibeeEmma
04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
When someone double clicks on the mouse when it only needs to be done once.

GlesgaeHibby
04-09-2012, 10:34 AM
1. The phrase "for me"
2. The phrase "heads up"
3. Definitely spelled "Definately"
4. People using the non word "unorganised"

Steve-O
04-09-2012, 10:40 AM
My manager at work likes to say "The reality is..." about 100 times a day before stating some fact.

danhibees1875
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Now that they've been pointed out, most of these things happen quite regularly. I just don't find myself annoyed by them.

On a slightly different line, I don't like it when someone corrects me or someone else for using the word 'jamp'. Yes, it should be 'jumped' but I really don't care - jamp is just easier to say in most cases. :agree:

Future17
06-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Now that they've been pointed out, most of these things happen quite regularly. I just don't find myself annoyed by them.

On a slightly different line, I don't like it when someone corrects me or someone else for using the word 'jamp'. Yes, it should be 'jumped' but I really don't care - jamp is just easier to say in most cases. :agree:

Ha ha! Can't believe you just past that!

NOLA
06-09-2012, 02:01 PM
working in hotels ive heard some crackers from our american cousins, "what time is the 1 o'clock gun"? "how long is the Royal mile"?

Pretty Boy
06-09-2012, 02:51 PM
working in hotels ive heard some crackers from our american cousins, "what time is the 1 o'clock gun"? "how long is the Royal mile"?

I've been stopped twice on Princes Street by Americans and asked 'is that the castle up there?'

I told them both no and when they look puzzled I said if they thought that was impressive to wait until they got a look at the big one.

Mon Dieu4
06-09-2012, 03:17 PM

My mate works at the castle, an American once pointed to fife and asked him if it was Holland!!

easty
06-09-2012, 03:27 PM
My mate works at the castle, an American once pointed to fife and asked him if it was Holland!!

My missus pointed at fife and asked if it was Ireland. She was about 23 at the time, had always lived in Edinburgh, and was almost fully qualified as a vet!

Sexton
06-09-2012, 05:45 PM
My missus pointed at fife and asked if it was Ireland. She was about 23 at the time, had always lived in Edinburgh, and was almost fully qualified as a vet!

Haha I was down at the beach at North Berwick a few months back and my mrs thought she could see France! She's 30.

Hibrandenburg
06-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I've been stopped twice on Princes Street by Americans and asked 'is that the castle up there?'

I told them both no and when they look puzzled I said if they thought that was impressive to wait until they got a look at the big one.

Was once asked by a SPAM why we built the castle so close to the railway lines? Gave him a little history lesson and explained that the world didn't start with the steam engine.

Speedy
06-09-2012, 06:30 PM
1. The phrase "for me"
2. The phrase "heads up"
3. Definitely spelled "Definately"
4. People using the non word "unorganised"

That is a word.

Twa Cairpets
06-09-2012, 07:32 PM

That made me laugh.

Thanks.

The oddest thing I think was when over the the Oktoberfest in Munich in a kilt along with a group of other guys similarly attired the amount of times you got asked "are you from Scotland?" We ended up saying, no, actually we're from Ecuador/ Thailand / Moldova / wherever with a deadpan expression.

greenlex
06-09-2012, 07:53 PM

lol

greenlex
06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Anyone who either asks for a ping or pings anyone anything.

Sexton
06-09-2012, 10:47 PM
"i'm no being funny, but.."

Yes your right. Your not being funny. Your a prick.

hibby19
07-09-2012, 12:49 AM
"i'm no being funny, but.."

Yes your right. Your not being funny. Your a prick.

People who use YOUR when it should be YOU'RE.

:greengrin

Hibrandenburg
07-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Skanko79
07-09-2012, 01:08 PM

i told a yank in my work the fire in romanes and pattersons years ago was caused by them putting a live round in the one oclock gun by mistake. he believed me.

Sexton
07-09-2012, 03:26 PM

Ahh! That does my head in too. I'll put it down to the predictive text on my phone.

neilmartinrocks
07-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Kamakaze pilots who think it's all right to crash at my place.:greengrin

JohnStephens91
07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
When people fish for compliments on Facebook by posting a photo of themselves and saying 'I love my eyelashes tonight' or 'I've just been at the gym' etc they all get me so annoyed.

Also when someone says they really like a certain band and you ask them what their favourite song is and they can't name one, or any album, unless it was released about 4 months ago. Worst for this one is whenever someone says Green Day are their favourite band and can't even name their first album :rolleyes:

S.sct
07-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Spelling and grammer police, your one of them ;-)

tynesideirish
07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I think I must be Mr.Grumpy. I hate every single one of those things previously mentioned. I also hate 'H8', Whatever... OMG especially when it's spoken and "Have you got any spare change?" I'm not bothered by the begging as such, if a beggar ever asks " Can you spare me some change?" I'll give him all the coinage in my pockets.

Too old too fussy.

Dinkydoo
11-09-2012, 11:48 AM
The inappropriate use of the word "like".

"I was like..., and she was like..., and then we all were like...."

Learn how to talk properly.

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2012, 03:11 PM
People who sit on the outside seat on a bus leaving the inside one empty.

Ignorant Bus drivers.

I once told a couple of tourists that the Jenners Christmas tree was lowered in by helicopter, funny enough a couple of years later someone at my work told me the same story as they actually believed it was!

The best one has to be when the new water water dispense machine arrived at work, the dispense button wasn't clear so I told the first person to try it that it was voice activated, just say "one cup please" I told her.
She did, nothing happened so I said you need to be louder "ONE CUP PLEASE" she shouted and then I fell about laughing.

VickMackie
11-09-2012, 04:37 PM
People who sit on the outside seat on a bus leaving the inside one empty.

Ignorant Bus drivers.

I once told a couple of tourists that the Jenners Christmas tree was lowered in by helicopter, funny enough a couple of years later someone at my work told me the same story as they actually believed it was!

The best one has to be when the new water water dispense machine arrived at work, the dispense button wasn't clear so I told the first person to try it that it was voice activated, just say "one cup please" I told her.
She did, nothing happened so I said you need to be louder "ONE CUP PLEASE" she shouted and then I fell about laughing.

:faf:

Godsahibby
11-09-2012, 05:37 PM

This hits a note with me, folk need to try and be original!!!

Godsahibby
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
I also hate the phrase "let's take this offline" when on a conference call!!

brianmc
11-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Spelling and grammer police, your one of them ;-)

People who deliberately spell grammar wrongly to troll for the spelling police to pull them up annoy me.

PatHead
12-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Got really annoyed today by the worst post ever in history

FFS, what is it that people want from the hilsborough story?

Someone to admit their mistakes and destroy countless other lives?

No doubt there were other games played at that time where there were a lot of similarities in terms of safety.

People need to get a grip and move on. It's clear there were failings but it seems people want blood on this.

VickMackie on the Hillsborough disaster 12 09 12

WeeRussell
14-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Agree whole-heartedly with the "girlies on Drinkies" and attention-seeking Facebook stuff. (I've noticed a few birds who have just split up with their boyfriends love giving facebook big licks with updates about how much they're going out and how mental they are etc).. allow me to add a few more.

These Phrases... Muchos excited (etc)
Cool Beans
The Fear (students in reference to exams)
FML
Any phrases taken from Geordie shore, TOWIE or any of that other *****.

Also - how did it become so easily acceptable for lads to leave kisses (x) to other Males :confused:

--------
15-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I think I must be Mr.Grumpy. I hate every single one of those things previously mentioned. I also hate 'H8', Whatever... OMG especially when it's spoken and "Have you got any spare change?" I'm not bothered by the begging as such, if a beggar ever asks " Can you spare me some change?" I'll give him all the coinage in my pockets.

Too old too fussy.

Then you'll be REALLY annoyed by THIS:

http://www.watchsouthparkonline.net/season-11/episode-7-night-of-the-living-homeless/

:devil:

hibby rae
21-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Yous and use! You is singular and plural! There is no yous and use is just idiotic.

Rory89
12-10-2012, 01:28 AM

The Polish are the worst for this.