PDA

View Full Version : Way to increase crowds this year/season tickets next year.

Houchy
24-08-2012, 03:17 PM
The board are always saying that every penny from season tickets will be spent on the team but I, like others don't want to be spending my cash with the possibility that the football is going to be as eye bleeding as the last few seasons so how about a two way thing where we decide where we want Hibs to be at the end of the season (3rd, 4th, 5th etc) and if they meet that target, we will commit to buying a season ticket for next season. This will let the board and PF know what our expectations are and also means that while pushing for that target, hopefully we'll get more fight and better results meaning more walk ups on a weekly basis. I said after the Utd game that I'd lost all feeling regarding Hibs results but after a fighting draw against THEM and a victory in Paisley, I remembered what its like to be happy on a Saturday rather than being miserable after hearing how poor Hibs were today.
Do we think this would work? And where would you be happy with us finishing on an Annual basis (usually id say 1 point ahead of 12th place :greengrin) but this can't be acceptable any longer and we need to let them know exactly what our expectations are for the season, just like we would be set targets and goals at work at the start of the year.:greengrin

Thoughts?

PatHead
24-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Nothing would increase the gates more than to Win games, pure and simple.

Houchy
24-08-2012, 03:41 PM

I realise that but I just think that rather than blindly asking fans to stump up money at the start of the season when we don't know what to expext the following year, make it a 2 way commitment, IF Hibs meet their target, he'll get his bonus of more ST's. If Rod feels that he's in with a shout of finishing in 3rd come December/January, he may be more inclined to loosen the purse strings to bring in the players we need to make it happen IF he has a commitment from 2 or 3000 extra fans that they'll buy a season ticket. This isn't a get at RP thread as I accept that he's backed Paddy pretty well so far:agree:

I just think there may have been a trick missed in 2006/07 season where he could have said "if we sell x amount of ST's I will do my best to keep as much of this team together".

HibsMax
24-08-2012, 03:59 PM

Obviously that would work (well, in theory) but it's not something that anyone at Hibs can actually guarantee.

In lieu of the lack of guarantees, some other plan needs to be dreamt up. I like the idea of season ticket holders being grand-fathered into the current price so as long as they don't lapse they don't need to worry about increased prices next season. Take it a stage further and give people who renew a discount (can't be too deep since we don't want to start losing money) that tops out at some maximum. For example, you renew then you get 2% off. This continues up to 10%. This would need to be "reset" every once in a while so that we don't get into the situation of fans paying 360 quid for a 4000 quid season ticket. :)

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I realise that but I just think that rather than blindly asking fans to stump up money at the start of the season when we don't know what to expext the following year, make it a 2 way commitment, IF Hibs meet their target, he'll get his bonus of more ST's. If Rod feels that he's in with a shout of finishing in 3rd come December/January, he may be more inclined to loosen the purse strings to bring in the players we need to make it happen IF he has a commitment from 2 or 3000 extra fans that they'll buy a season ticket. This isn't a get at RP thread as I accept that he's backed Paddy pretty well so far:agree:

I just think there may have been a trick missed in 2006/07 season where he could have said "if we sell x amount of ST's I will do my best to keep as much of this team together".

Can't agree with your suggestion.... It's like saying you better finish in top 6, or I wont buy a Season Ticket..

Football is very simplistic, if you can afford it, you either want to go or you dont......Me I love my club unconditionally, will always buy season ticket regardless, but your renewing if targets are met, are just mad IMO

DC_Hibs
24-08-2012, 05:25 PM
What about a contract between the Houchmeister and Hibs so he can set the conditions necessary that Hibs have to maintain to ensure that he remains a fan.

Meanwhile, I'll stick with the traditional method of supporting my club through the good times and the bad and hope that many others do likewise as the more paying fans we have, the better budget the manager gets. Ideally we get a manager to take advantage of that budget finally.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2012, 05:28 PM
What about a contract between the Houchmeister and Hibs so he can set the conditions necessary that Hibs have to maintain to ensure that he remains a fan.

Meanwhile, I'll stick with the traditional method of supporting my club through the good times and the bad and hope that many others do likewise as the more paying fans we have, the better budget the manager gets. Ideally we get a manager to take advantage of that budget finally.

:agree::agree:

PatHead
24-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Obviously that would work (well, in theory) but it's not something that anyone at Hibs can actually guarantee.

In lieu of the lack of guarantees, some other plan needs to be dreamt up. I like the idea of season ticket holders being grand-fathered into the current price so as long as they don't lapse they don't need to worry about increased prices next season. Take it a stage further and give people who renew a discount (can't be too deep since we don't want to start losing money) that tops out at some maximum. For example, you renew then you get 2% off. This continues up to 10%. This would need to be "reset" every once in a while so that we don't get into the situation of fans paying 360 quid for a 4000 quid season ticket. :)

Nothing anyone says can guarantee purchase of a season ticket. As I said winning will. There are dozens of posters over other threads who have said they have had enough after the last few seasons of failure. Winning would ensure the "feel good" factor returns. People are attracted by success and will return. Our best sales of season tickets occured when we had a winning team it isn't rocket science and would outway any fancy schemes.

gegs70
24-08-2012, 06:13 PM
exciting football....i just want to see football that means I wont be told to go to the cinema if i want ecitement!!

jdships
24-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Can't agree with your suggestion.... It's like saying you better finish in top 6, or I wont buy a Season Ticket..

Football is very simplistic, if you can afford it, you either want to go or you dont......Me I love my club unconditionally, will always buy season ticket regardless, but your renewing if targets are met, are just mad IMO

Agree totally with what you say.
Football/Soccer is part of the entertainment business and what needs to be done surely is for those who run clubs to realise that while there will always be a hard core support many fans are fickle and will only go to games if entertainment is on offer .
Sadly it all boils down to money available to invest in players who will/can entertain.
I followed Hibs " here there and everywhere " for many years but now being 80 and having to watch the cash I choose my games to attend .
:flag: