PDA

View Full Version : Community Foundation & Lets Work Together Drop in sessions

down-the-slope
24-08-2012, 08:32 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120823/drop-in-sessions-this-saturday_2262950_2898261

RIP
24-08-2012, 01:59 PM
"Following a recent meeting at Easter Road, the Let's Work Together Project welcomed Kris Von Wald, director of the Hibernian Community Foundation to the group. We were impressed by the tremendous range of activities delivered in our communities by the HCF team including learning initiatives, disability football, Football Fans in Training (SPL FFIT), Football for all, work placements and more.

We recognise the need to share the good news with the Hibernian Family and so this Saturday, the Foundation are opening their doors to supporters who would like to know more. These tours will last around 20 minutes, and will start at the Sound Stand at 12.15 pm and 1.00 pm. To book a place, please email club@hibernianfc.co.uk with 'Tour' in the title of your email."

They've had a few bookings so far but plenty room for more. Families and Groups welcome.
The work the HCF do out in the community is terrific and well worth an early trip over to the South Stand
We tend to keep far too quiet about our good work - so a good chance for us all to take pride in our club

"Supporter volunteers from LWT are also running an informal 'drop-in' session in the Forthview suite, top floor of Behind The Goals between 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm. This will be a chance for fellow supporters to review the results of the recent fans survey, discuss current plans, make further suggestions or offer your time as a volunteer."

Even if you don't have time for a blether over a pint we'll have have suggestions sheets where you can submit your ideas

GGTTH

matty_f
24-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Would be great to see some of you all there - the more input the better!

Twiglet
24-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Bump.

I would be good to see some people there tomorrow, like Matty says, the more input the better.

jon paul jones
25-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Bump

down-the-slope
25-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Hibernian - built on the foundations of helping the less fortunate in the wider community - still doing the same today

(just a bit shy about telling people)

Heres some things I know go on as part of the Hibernian Family...feel free to add to the list.

Young players doing sessions in East Lothian Primary Schools in active schools programme
Lothian Hibernian Disability Football Team getting coaching on a regular basis with U19 players from the Hibernian Football Academy
Dnipro Kids Charity
Hibernian FFIT - getting those gents who are carrying a few extra ponds to shed it and be healthy
Kick for Kids
Football for All (community & Volantary groups receive comp tickets in partnership with sponsors)
Hibernian Learning Centre (partnering with Jewel & Esk)- giving wide range of opportunities like work experiance / training / It courses for those needing help towards work
Summer kids football coaching
Hibernian Historical Trust
Hibernian Learning Initiatives - working with partners in Edinburgh schools as part of new Curriculum for Excellence

Plenty to be proud of going on off the pitch - which is a credit to some of the things Hibernian stands for - regardless of how dire we have been on it in recent years...

Get yourself along and / or informed of some of these things - and others I will have missed and share in the sense of pride...

Jack
25-08-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm sure Hibs have links with the Army in and around Edinburgh, giving tickets to sojers and their families.

TheEastTerrace
25-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm booked on for the 12.15 slot but I'm running a bit late with a few errands this morning - I'll pop along to the one at 1pm if I miss the first slot

down-the-slope
26-08-2012, 09:11 AM
A small group of us enjoyed our informative tour of the community foundation from Kris Von Wald - Exec. Director and Willie Kirk Community Coaching Development Officer.
It was great to hear of all the things that are being done to make Hibernian more accessible to all sort of areas of the community, while giving opportunities for education , training, employment support, health and fitness and the desire to do more of this while taking the Hibernian 'brand' out into less traditional areas as part of seeing the stadium filled.

Why not spend a little time having a look here http://www.hibernianinthecommunity.org.uk/

The foundation is looking for volunteers to assist with its work in various areas - what could you offer? Either contact them direct or feel free to do so through one of the Lets Work Together Volunteers

RIP
26-08-2012, 10:30 AM
The recent scheme to use the empty seats to give away free tickets to charities and ethnic groups. Over 3,000 new people have visited Easter Road as a result. Just one of the snippets I took away from the tour

Oh aye and the new director is a footballer - from Colorado. She's missing playing - needs other lassies to get in touch for a scratch game

As for the over 35's fitba at the training centre - I might wait till they start an over 55's game :greengrin