PDA

View Full Version : Film on BBC1 just now

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2012, 11:00 PM
anyone else watching this film ? New street killers(Dougray scott), plenty of scenes from the flats down past the kirkgate, also banana flats, and the Eastern cemetery opposite the FF stand, Hibs graffiti in a few places as well :greengrin

Minder
23-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Tis an enjoyable film in parts, a couple of disturbing scenes mind you.

Dougray playing a "Yam".

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2012, 11:07 PM

Dougray playing a "Yam".

so i see :)

they should have had a real yam celebrity playing a yam, someone like ronnie corbett, but i don't think he would suit the role :greengrin

jgl07
23-08-2012, 11:15 PM
I am puzzled as to why it is called New Town Killers as it seems to be set largely in the Old Town.

Maybe this be be revealed later?

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2012, 11:56 PM
well, that was certainly something different :)

Kenny1875
24-08-2012, 12:00 AM
***** film. The guy at the end should have just shot the computer and then blown the gimp's head off.

stormchild
24-08-2012, 08:33 AM
***** film. The guy at the end should have just shot the computer and then blown the gimp's head off.
thanks for that don't need to watch i-player now lol

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Dougray playing a "Yam".

Its called acting ... the guy who plays Rebus is a Yam.

Talking of which ... Theres a bit in one of the episodes where this big wig pulls out his card and says " John Smith Special Branch" and Rebus pulls out a card, flashes it at the guy and says " John Rebus, Hibs Supporters Club " ... very funny.

Bristolhibby
24-08-2012, 02:22 PM
IIRC when Dougray Scott played that vile bent, coke sniffing copper in twin town, he wanted him to represent the lowest f the low.

So he had wardrobe buy a retro Toffs Rangers shirt for the character to wear.

Great film!

Great Hibby!

J

PS He also said that he would trade up an Oscar win for himself, just to see Hibs win the Cup.

NOLA
24-08-2012, 03:13 PM
IIRC when Dougray Scott played that vile bent, coke sniffing copper in twin town, he wanted him to represent the lowest f the low.

So he had wardrobe buy a retro Toffs Rangers shirt for the character to wear.

Great film!

Great Hibby!

J

PS He also said that he would trade up an Oscar win for himself, just to see Hibs win the Cup.

Twin town was a favourite film of mine for ages :)