PDA

View Full Version : Joe Tortolano--- still a legend

lucky
23-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Super Joe just described the Yams as puddle drinkers. Has anyone ever came up with a better description of that mob. Still a hero.

Vault Boy
23-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Super Joe just described the Yams as puddle drinkers. Has anyone ever came up with a better description of that mob. Still a hero.

:top marks:faf:

Sean1875
23-08-2012, 09:19 PM
:not worth

Jonnyboy
23-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Joe's a lovely guy and very funny too :agree:

Saorsa
23-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Super Joe just described the Yams as puddle drinkers. Has anyone ever came up with a better description of that mob. Still a hero.:hilarious :top marks:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
23-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I assumed that was a spoof account when I saw it on Twitter?! If not....awesome!! :top marks:top marks

007 Mickey Weir
23-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Brilliant!! Loved it when it was him a Mickey weir on talk107! Hilarious!

lucky
23-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I assumed that was a spoof account when I saw it on Twitter?! If not....awesome!! :top marks:top marks

Think it is real as he is friendly with a few ex players and Irvine Welsh. Some of his tweets are hilarious. Very funny guy

IWasThere2016
23-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Joe is a legend.

Met him with Mickey before the final, and Joe was different class. Posed for pics - good banter :thumbsup:

My mate Charlie Hush and I also walked out of the stadium at FT also with Super Joe and Mickey. Like us they stayed must have stayed till the bitter end. Both were naturally gutted.

JT still looks 30-something also. Lucky git!!

.Sean.
23-08-2012, 10:32 PM
If liverpool Dinnae win ahm gonna **** Salvatoris wife's big massive SAGGY DANGLERS In tae the groond! #salvatoriswifesawhooooore (http://www.hibs.net/search/?q=%23salvatoriswifesawhooooore&src=hash)

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Surely a fakey account!

God Petrie
23-08-2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.twitter.com/PamesMcJake

best twitter parody acct

Stevie Reid
24-08-2012, 09:41 AM
One of my mates is a staunch Jambo and says that Joe T is the funniest guy he has ever met.

Got introduced to this Twitter account the other week - rather amusing: -

http://twitter.com/refcraigthomson

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Super Joe ......... still the only guy ever to be sent off in a testimonial match :thumbsup:

ano hibby
24-08-2012, 11:10 AM
that must be a parody account....surely...?:greengrin

Golden Bear
24-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Joe ......... still the only guy ever to be sent off in a testimonial match :thumbsup:

I'll always remember the disbelieving hush that went round the stadium that night.

Not that Joe was ever known to mistime a tackle of course. :wink:

Bob Box Fish
24-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I remember first game of the season many moons ago vs Patrick 0-0 draw and standing in the east where JT was getting pelters from one bloke every time he took a throw in then eventually turned round an gave the guy pelters back and everyone cheered !

DarlingtonHibee
24-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Wish he had hit Strachan a bit harder....:greengrin

Brightside
24-08-2012, 11:38 AM
hahah thats a spoof account. you honestly dont believe its real??

Ritchie
24-08-2012, 11:41 AM

unfortunately the yams have been calling hibees puddle drinkers for ages now so it not an original put down.

degenerated
24-08-2012, 11:51 AM
unfortunately the yams have been calling hibees puddle drinkers for ages now so it not an original put down.

Sure it's not just you, I've never been called that in my puff. :greengrin

Ritchie
24-08-2012, 12:03 PM

hhhhmmmm..... quite possibly!! :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
24-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Anyone got a link to his account?

WarringtonHibee
24-08-2012, 12:15 PM
https://twitter.com/SuperTortolano

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2012, 12:16 PM

hahaha:greengrin

Biff Tannen
24-08-2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.twitter.com/PamesMcJake

best twitter parody acct

Thats terrible. 13 followers and 6 poor tweets in total?? Pash!!

poolman
24-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Joe is a legend.

Met him with Mickey before the final, and Joe was different class. Posed for pics - good banter :thumbsup:

My mate Charlie Hush and I also walked out of the stadium at FT also with Super Joe and Mickey. Like us they stayed must have stayed till the bitter end. Both were naturally gutted.

JT still looks 30-something also. Lucky git!!

:agree: X 10

NatureBoy
27-08-2012, 07:08 AM
What a legend always remember being a young kid and watching that sweet left peg ping in a free kick against Stenhousemuir in the Scottish cup quarter final back in 95, surely ranks up alongside all the great moments in world football!!

stirlingbhoy
27-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I can assure you boys that its definetley not the real Joe T!!!! Trust me on this one ok........................

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I can assure you boys that its definetley not the real Joe T!!!! Trust me on this one ok........................

joe was a stirling boy :hmmm: is that you joe ? :greengrin

stirlingbhoy
27-08-2012, 09:46 AM
joe was a stirling boy :hmmm: is that you joe ? :greengrin

ha ha no m8 but very close to him thats all am sayin!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2012, 10:24 AM

i vaguely remember going to a game against stirling Alb(prob early 90's i think) my friends and i had got off the train in stirling and a railway attendant/steward/conductor employee came up to chat to us and told us his nephew(think it was nephew anyway) was one of the best wingers to ever play for hibs, after we went through a list of names he finally told us this great players name........joe tortolano :greengrin brought a couple of smiles anyway:wink: but to be fair, i think joe went out on loan for a while(don't know why but broxburn rings a bell, older posters might remember ?) to toughen him up ?, he could certainly put a good cross in with that left peg of his when he came back :agree:

stirlingbhoy
27-08-2012, 10:28 AM
i vaguely remember going to a game against stirling Alb(prob early 90's i think) my friends and i had got off the train in stirling and a railway attendant/steward/conductor employee came up to chat to us and told us his nephew(think it was nephew anyway) was one of the best wingers to ever play for hibs, after we went through a list of names he finally told us this great players name........joe tortolano :greengrin brought a couple of smiles anyway:wink: but to be fair, i think joe went out on loan for a while(don't know why but broxburn rings a bell, older posters might remember ?) to toughen him up ?, he could certainly put a good cross in with that left peg of his when he came back :agree:

quite sad reading that m8..that railway attendant was joe's uncle mick...he died in 1992....loved the fitba so he did!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2012, 10:33 AM
quite sad reading that m8..that railway attendant was joe's uncle mick...he died in 1992....loved the fitba so he did!!!!!

awww soz m8 :( , just done a quick google and it looks like it was indeed 91 we played stirling in SC 3-2 hibs

G-Reg
27-08-2012, 04:46 PM
He's a proper legend, I tried my best to get a photo with Joe at Ian Murray's testimonial but he was up that tunnel too fast......still got that blistering pace

Jonnyboy
27-08-2012, 07:19 PM

Joe and his brother look very alike :wink:

tamig
27-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Joe and his brother look very alike :wink:

His twin is it not? Has a name that also goes well with the moniker "Super".

PatHead
27-08-2012, 08:32 PM

Wasn't at that game.:greengrin

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Phil MaGlass
28-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Met Joe and Gordon Rae in Germany when Hibs did a wee tour many moons ago, the team stayed at my army barracks, great laugh, always liked Joe, worked damn hard but didnae half take some un merited pelters from the fans.

Stevie Reid
28-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Met Joe and Gordon Rae in Germany when Hibs did a wee tour many moons ago, the team stayed at my army barracks, great laugh, always liked Joe, worked damn hard but didnae half take some un merited pelters from the fans.

:agree:

I've posted about this before, but I really felt for Joe - he had a run in the team in 1993-94, and when we played Clyde in the SC at ER in early '94 it was the first time I heard his name read out when there wasn't a single bit of booing; he broke his leg in that game, and that was his acceptance in the first team over, really. Was given disgraceful treatment at Falkirk IIRC and then that seemed to be it really.

I'm pretty sure that he was called into the Scotland U21 squad (alongside Kano and Mickey Weir) for a qualifier against Eire at ER, but all three got struck down with flu IIRC. Luck didn't really seem to be on Joe's side, unfortunately - he deserved better than he got anyway.

By the sounds of it he is a very jovial character and not at all bitter, which is great to hear.

LeighLoyal
28-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I never rated him much as a player, slow and limited, but good guy no doubt.

lord bunberry
28-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Did he not bang one in from the halfway line at brockville or did i imagine that