PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Sylar
23-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Just about to start on Sky Sports 2.

Should be a cracker assuming it doesn't descend into the usual antics of these games.

Wotherspiniesta
23-08-2012, 08:27 PM
That's more like it!

'Mon Mourinho's boys! :wink:

Sylar
23-08-2012, 08:29 PM
That's more like it!

Both teams pretty much full strength. Looking forward to it :greengrin

Pretty Boy
23-08-2012, 08:31 PM
3-1 Barca.

Having Villa back is a massive boost for them.

Wotherspiniesta
23-08-2012, 08:34 PM
3-1 Barca.

Already? :greengrin

Think Madrid will get at least a draw here.

They were the better team last time they met at the Camp Nou

Piqué
23-08-2012, 08:51 PM
That's more like it!

With a name like that, surely not! :na na:

Piqué
23-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Ramos with his new hair is a dead ringer for Val Kilmer back in his Top Gun days!

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Bit underwhelming thus far.

Barca are knocking the ball around beautifully but with no cutting edge.

Madrid seem happy to get them back to the Bernabau.

Alexis and Alves down the right are (as ever) the weak link in Barcelona. Alexis' dive was embarrassing...

Frazerbob
23-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Barca and Madrid players both waving the imaginary card. I thought that was an automatic booking?

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Barca and Madrid players both waving the imaginary card. I thought that was an automatic booking?

I think it's enforced with the same regularity as the "6 second" rule for goalkeepers...

lucky
23-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Zzzz, great technique but no thrills

Jonnyboy
23-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Not great so far

Xabi Alonso = dirty bassa :agree:

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:38 PM
This is getting another 10 minutes before bed beckons...

Dull thus far.

BarneyK
23-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Is that the new Madrid home kit...blue trim? :bitchy::bitchy: As much as I prefer Barca, you've got to admire the Madrid all white/gold trim classic combo

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Is that the new Madrid home kit...blue trim? :bitchy::bitchy: As much as I prefer Barca, you've got to admire the Madrid all white/gold trim classic combo

I have to say, my memory of Real strips of old was white with a purple trim.

I think the commentators were far too harsh to scream "dive" there. Not convinced it was a penalty, but their legs tangled.

He's rapidly developing the reputation though.

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Barcelona 0-1 Real Madrid: Ronaldo

He doesn't score in the big games mind :wink:

Great header - 3rd goal in the past 3 Classicos?

BarneyK
23-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Aw naw :boo hoo: 0.1 Ronaldo

Sylar
Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Pedro

Great goal!

BarneyK
I love Pedro :greengrin

BarneyK
23-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I have to say, my memory of Real strips of old was white with a purple trim.

I think the commentators were far too harsh to scream "dive" there. Not convinced it was a penalty, but their legs tangled.

He's rapidly developing the reputation though.

Your memory don't lie http://www.facebook.com/notes/raul-gonzalez/evolution-of-real-madrid-shirt/129711759011

Still like the gold trim :greengrin

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Wish Barcelona would hurry up and hook Alexis and bring on Villa.

frazeHFC
23-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes Pedro! :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
23-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Barcelona 0-1 Real Madrid: Ronaldo

He doesn't score in the big games mind :wink:

Great header - 3rd goal in the past 3 Classicos?

This will be the Spanish equivalent of the Charity Shield, right?

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Penalty to Barcelona

Sylar
23-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid: Messi (pen)

R'Albin
23-08-2012, 09:57 PM
This will be the Spanish equivalent of the Charity Shield, right?

To be fair, if it were Hibs/Hearts in a super cup type thing then we'd be calling it a big game.

BarneyK
23-08-2012, 10:06 PM
3-1 Xavi Sooperb!

Sylar
23-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Barcelona 3-1 Real Madrid: Xavi

Superb goal.

ronaldo7
23-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Iniesta is a magician:not worth

frazeHFC
23-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Barcelona 3-1 Real Madrid: Xavi

Superb goal.

Still wanna go to your bed? :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
23-08-2012, 10:09 PM
3-1 Barca.

Hope you had a punt on that :aok:

Judas Iscariot
23-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Ronaldo cannae even foul Messi properly..

Never mind lace his boots :aok:

Iggy Pope
23-08-2012, 10:12 PM
To be fair, if it were Hibs/Hearts in a super cup type thing then we'd be calling it a big game.

Can't really agree.We'd be two massive teams playing each other in a 2-leg challenge match for a wee cup! It's not a big game in the grand scheme though, is it? It's only an attraction because of the sides playing. If it was Barcelona v Atletico Madrid no-one would bother their erse about the 'Super Cup'. I didn't even watch the Man City v Chelsea Charity Shield game. I'm only watching this because I cannae sleep......

ronaldo7
23-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Hope he didn't:aok:

Sir David Gray
23-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Not now!

3-2.

Terrible blunder by Valdes.

Wotherspiniesta
23-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Great 2nd half.

Barca looked in complete control.

Now, who knows?

Sylar
23-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Can't really agree.We'd be two massive teams playing each other in a 2-leg challenge match for a wee cup! It's not a big game in the grand scheme though, is it? It's only an attraction because of the sides playing. If it was Barcelona v Atletico Madrid no-one would bother their erse about the 'Super Cup'. I didn't even watch the Man City v Chelsea Charity Shield game. I'm only watching this because I cannae sleep......

Unlike both here and England, Spain don't have a "League Cup" equivalent. There's the league and the Copa del Rey so the Spanish Super Cup is worth a wee bit more than say the Charity Shield.

In the grand scheme, you're right enough - it's not a Champions League game or a La Liga game but I don't think any meeting between these two clubs is a "small" game.

Sylar
23-08-2012, 10:17 PM
And yes, I'm very glad I've managed to stay awake, as it's been a good second half once the goals got going!

Jonnyboy
23-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Enjoyed that second half!

Had a plus and minus effect on me. The plus is looking forward to watching Iniesta every week and the minus is having to listen to that erse Kevin Keatings and Gerry 'the fud' Armstrong who both make it obvious they dislike Barca

Iggy Pope
23-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Unlike both here and England, Spain don't have a "League Cup" equivalent. There's the league and the Copa del Rey so the Spanish Super Cup is worth a wee bit more than say the Charity Shield.

In the grand scheme, you're right enough - it's not a Champions League game or a La Liga game but I don't think any meeting between these two clubs is a "small" game.

Agree on the last bit, they are very entertaining. But the Super Cup is peripheral. It hardly takes the place of a League Cup competition which would have every league side in Spain going after it. It is very much the equivalent of the Charity Shield. La Liga winners v Copa Del Rey winners or their runners up. A challenge match. An exhibition game as we used to call them......A good one to watch mind.

Iggy Pope
23-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Enjoyed that second half!

Had a plus and minus effect on me. The plus is looking forward to watching Iniesta every week and the minus is having to listen to that erse Kevin Keatings and Gerry 'the fud' Armstrong who both make it obvious they dislike Barca

Agreed. While doing their best to convince us subscribing muppets that they are at the Mestalla or the Nou Camp or the Riazor or the Vicente Calderon week in week out, when they are sitting in an Air Conditioned safe house around the Thames Estuary somewhere.

Gillame whathispuss gets on my tattie as well. Espanol's answer to Airdrie's Jim Traynor.

hibee92
24-08-2012, 01:20 AM
The Spanish equivalent of the Charity Shield (albeit over 2 legs) and they show this kind of committment. Full team, and show every bit of passion as any El Classico. I absolutely adore Spanish football to the point of perversion :greengrin

Pete
24-08-2012, 03:46 AM

If it were Hibs and hearts in a game like that there sure as hell wouldn't be people in Spain giving two hoots about it.

If everyone who liked football in Scotland concentrated their efforts on their local teams the game would be in a much better state. The amount of people who "support" English teams and don't even care about our own game is frightening. Barcelona kits are the ones I see most when I take my kid to football...closely followed by English premiership ones. All that money adds up and makes a difference.

I couldn't care less about Barcelona or Real Madrid. I have **** all to do with either cities, never mind Spain.

brianmc
24-08-2012, 07:15 AM
If it were Hibs and hearts in a game like that there sure as hell wouldn't be people in Spain giving two hoots about it.

If everyone who liked football in Scotland concentrated their efforts on their local teams the game would be in a much better state. The amount of people who "support" English teams and don't even care about our own game is frightening. Barcelona kits are the ones I see most when I take my kid to football...closely followed by English premiership ones. All that money adds up and makes a difference.

I couldn't care less about Barcelona or Real Madrid. I have **** all to do with either cities, never mind Spain.

Good for you!
I've had a Hibs season ticket for the last 23 years. However,I fell in love with la liga, and Barcelona in particular when sky first started broadcasting it(1996 I believe). I make an effort to attend whenever I can afford it(the champions league final pumping of man u was exceptionally sweet to witness) and I really couldn't care less for your opinion.
I've seen enough eye bleeding , piss poor fitba over the years in Scotland to feel no shame whatsoever at revelling at the sheer genius and artistry of this Barcelona team.
Would you really rather watch a game between say Inverness and Dundee than last nights match??
Weird.

Teo10
24-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Ronaldo cannae even foul Messi properly..

Never mind lace his boots :aok:

This. This. This.

Ronaldo did nothing all game apart from his goal, which he is always a threat, cant really remember him touching the ball much apart from twice where he got it down the wing.

Lionel making himself available to get the ball all the time even with 3-4 men on him.

Can't wait to get back to the Camp Nou! (makes up for having to watch hibs most of the time:greengrin) Hopefully get another game like the 5-0 v Mallorca I watched last year!

frazeHFC
24-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Don't see how supporting local teams in Scotland had anything to do with El Classico. There were no Scottish games on while this was, and it was a chance to see the best players in the world. I think it's fine wee laddies wearing Barca strips, i'd rather my wee brother idoled Iniesta than Stevenson!

MacBean
24-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Had 3-1 barca, Valdes is a tool

Pretty Boy
24-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Don't see how supporting local teams in Scotland had anything to do with El Classico. There were no Scottish games on while this was, and it was a chance to see the best players in the world. I think it's fine wee laddies wearing Barca strips, i'd rather my wee brother idoled Iniesta than Stevenson!

This.

I've got no time for guys from Edinburgh who 'support' Arsenal, Man Utd or Barca. However having a soft spot for one of these teams whilst still supporting a local team, no problem for me.

Football fans talking about a game involving 2 of the best club sides ever to play the game, whatever next?