PDA

View Full Version : Yams THis is what all BIG teams do (hospitality offer)

StevieT
23-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Got this in my email in box this morning.

https://www.itison.com/Dundee/deals/hearts-vs-dundee-hospitality-tickets?utm_source=DealOfTheDayEmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DealOfTheDayEmail-2012-08-23

Hope the link works ok.

jacomo
23-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Got this in my email in box this morning.

https://www.itison.com/Dundee/deals/hearts-vs-dundee-hospitality-tickets?utm_source=DealOfTheDayEmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DealOfTheDayEmail-2012-08-23

Hope the link works ok.

I have this odd fascination with the 'Gorgie Suite'. I imagine a sticky-carpeted, stale-smelling room with a pished George Foulkes asleep in one corner, a greasy buffet laid out on a stained tablecloth in the other, and blocked toilets down the hall.

In other words, the least 'premium' set up imaginable.

Will anyone admit to going there and verify this?

Pretty Boy
23-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I have this odd fascination with the 'Gorgie Suite'. I imagine a sticky-carpeted, stale-smelling room with a pished George Foulkes asleep in one corner, a greasy buffet laid out on a stained tablecloth in the other, and blocked toilets down the hall.

I've been to a couple of things in the Gorgie Suite and your not a million miles away with your description.

It's ok but certainly not 'premium'. Like a function hall in a community centre or a cheap hotel. The facilities at ER, certainly in the main stand, are infinitely better.

Skanko79
23-08-2012, 09:45 AM

your pretty much spot on. i had the misfortune of visiting it some years ago when scotland hosted estonia in a qualifying match.(i think it was the world cup, maybe france 98) if its the same one in that old horrible asbestos riddled stand then even back then it was a complete dive. remember having a pint, taking a sip from it then instantly changing to bottles as the "draught" lager was disgusting. i doubt very much it has seen a lick of paint or been done up since then. the reception area/food drink at saughton prison is nicer.

jacomo
23-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I've been to a couple of things in the Gorgie Suite and your not a million miles away with your description.

It's ok but certainly not 'premium'. Like a function hall in a community centre or a cheap hotel. The facilities at ER, certainly in the main stand, are infinitely better.

Living the f***ing dream!

TamHibs
23-08-2012, 09:50 AM

I was in there a few years back for a girl i knew's 18th, it was a *****hole then & I fully expect it's still a *****hole now!

Pretty Boy
23-08-2012, 09:53 AM
I love the description of a 'hot fork buffet lunch'.

Can just picture some fat, sweaty yambloid looking sinister in cheap suit and 100% polyester club tie throwing a fork in the air and screaming 'aww ya basturt, that's totally roasting'. Luckily for this yam he'll inevitably work for the health and safety executive so can report said incident.

Monts
23-08-2012, 09:54 AM
your pretty much spot on. i had the misfortune of visiting it some years ago when scotland hosted estonia in a qualifying match.(i think it was the world cup, maybe france 98) if its the same one in that old horrible asbestos riddled stand then even back then it was a complete dive. remember having a pint, taking a sip from it then instantly changing to bottles as the "draught" lager was disgusting. i doubt very much it has seen a lick of paint or been done up since then. the reception area/food drink at saughton prison is nicer.

The gorgie suite is in the gorgie road stand behind the goals.

It must have been done up between the 05/06 and 06/07 season as they have big blown up pictures all over the wall, including one of the huddle that they did for a while.

jacomo
23-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I love the description of a 'hot fork buffet lunch'.

Can just picture some fat, sweaty yambloid looking sinister in cheap suit and 100% polyester club tie throwing a fork in the air and screaming 'aww ya basturt, that's totally roasting'. Luckily for this yam he'll inevitably work for the health and safety executive so can report said incident.

:hilarious

And then file it in the "No further action to be taken" cabinet along with all the asbestos reports.

Cabbage East
23-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I went to a function there once, it was like going back in time.

StevieT
23-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Forgot to add that this was sent to people in the Dundee area.

copycat
23-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Im guessing because they are playing DUNDEE!!!!

Hibs did a similar deal against St Mirren last year and was very popular, in this day and age of football hospitality it is incredibly difficult to get people to part with their cash and therefor most are now trying different things to get bums on seats, create atmosphere and introduce new customers to various hospitality packages.

I have been invited a few times for the derby and although the suite has seen better days the catering etc was excellent.

Scottish football is tough and it would seem that all club supporters were adamant that newco was booted which happened and the clubs supported this, unfortunately it would appear supporters then went in hiding (apart from Aberdeen) and didnt support by sticking their hands in their pocket and su[pporting the club by being in the stands, even against Hertz it was poor.

Lets stop being critical of others making an effort to get bums on seats, turn off of the PC and get off yer erse and support the club as these deals wouldnt need to be done if the supporters made an effort.

scott7_0(Prague)
23-08-2012, 10:21 AM

Same deal applies for the people of Edinburgh - https://www.itison.com/Edinburgh/deals/hearts-vs-dundee-hospitality-ticket :wink:

Sean1875
23-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Aside from the fact theyre offering hospitality in a shed, I dont see what the problem is here. Theyre playing a team they know they probably wont get a huge capacity crowd for, so they sell a few 'premium' tickets at reduced rates to try and bump up the attendance and get a bit more money. We could do a lot worse than offering something similiar.

scott7_0(Prague)
23-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Aside from the fact theyre offering hospitality in a shed, I dont see what the problem is here. Theyre playing a team they know they probably wont get a huge capacity crowd for, so they sell a few 'premium' tickets at reduced rates to try and bump up the attendance and get a bit more money. We could do a lot worse than offering something similiar.

Whooosh right over your head that one.....

Green Man
23-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I saw the mail this morning. I had the misfortune of being in the Gorgie Suite after the rivals charity match last year, the place is a dump. I love the line "enjoying panoramic views over the ground" - are they going to take you up to the top of the floodlights? In order to see the pitch from the Gorgie Suite they have to fold back a bit of the stand and even then you're at ground level right behind the goals, so the description sounds a wee bit inaccurate.

Sean1875
23-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Whooosh right over your head that one.....
I still dont understand... is this a troll?

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Sheer desperation as usual, just like the empty seats all round smell castle at home games they are struggling despite the clowns that support them claiming otherwise.

Only a matter of time before it all goes :titanic:

7Hero
23-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Hate to dissapoint but its nothing to do with the big team, there catering rights were sold to the caterer and it will be them doing the deal. Hearts revenue for catering will be the same for the year regardless of attendances..

Mikeystewart
23-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Worked at Tynie for a security company, I can confirm the gorgie suit and the one in the main stand has the same feel of a masonic lodge or an old bowling club, and before anyone asks me how I know what a lodge feels like, I went to a birthday party in a building that used to be a lodge.

500miles
23-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Im guessing because they are playing DUNDEE!!!!

Hibs did a similar deal against St Mirren last year and was very popular, in this day and age of football hospitality it is incredibly difficult to get people to part with their cash and therefor most are now trying different things to get bums on seats, create atmosphere and introduce new customers to various hospitality packages.

I have been invited a few times for the derby and although the suite has seen better days the catering etc was excellent.

Scottish football is tough and it would seem that all club supporters were adamant that newco was booted which happened and the clubs supported this, unfortunately it would appear supporters then went in hiding (apart from Aberdeen) and didnt support by sticking their hands in their pocket and su[pporting the club by being in the stands, even against Hertz it was poor.

Lets stop being critical of others making an effort to get bums on seats, turn off of the PC and get off yer erse and support the club as these deals wouldnt need to be done if the supporters made an effort.

Agreed.

joe breezy
23-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Quite a good idea. Unusual to offer corporate to away fans though isn't it? I wonder if they've made a mistake there and Dundee fans will end up being ejected?

hibbybob
23-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Hate to dissapoint but its nothing to do with the big team, there catering rights were sold to the caterer and it will be them doing the deal. Hearts revenue for catering will be the same for the year regardless of attendances..

I was disappointed when Hibs used Itison for a similar deal last year rather than offer discounted hospitality to season ticket holders etc. Such people are more likely to use hospitality again if they enjoyed it!

Out of interest do you know if Hibs also sold the catering for hospitality to an outside company?

LancashireHibby
23-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Most clubs outsource their catering, but the actual sales element will have been operated by HMFC.

Kojock
23-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I was disappointed when Hibs used Itison for a similar deal last year rather than offer discounted hospitality to season ticket holders etc. Such people are more likely to use hospitality again if they enjoyed it!

Out of interest do you know if Hibs also sold the catering for hospitality to an outside company?

It was March 2012 against St Mirren we only sold 81 places. The Yams so far have sold 150 with 17 hours still to go, guess that decides who the big team is. :fishin:

https://www.itison.com/Edinburgh/deals/hibernian-vs-st-mirren-hospitality-matchday-experience-save-51

7Hero
23-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Most clubs outsource their catering, but the actual sales element will have been operated by HMFC.

Saltire handle all catering enquiries at the stadium, thus have to admin all the hospitality and sales thereof..

Azzure were in charge at hibs last time i looked, although hibs do handle this themslves and the caterer worries about food (a slighlty better option than hearts IMO).

Phil D. Rolls
23-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Is it anything like "The Tony Knowles Suite"?

givescotlandfreedom
23-08-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm surprised at this fixture not selling out? Didn't Hearts win the league against Dundee a few years back?

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-08-2012, 05:19 PM
It is classed as Premium now because they have changed the light bulb at last. As this offer has been pitched at Dundee fans, anyone fancy chipping in and giving Albert Kidd a grand day out.

tomhorn
24-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Some of the desxriptions of the suite on here are amongst the funniest things ive ever read. Got a great picture in my mind of this mystical place.

24-08-2012, 01:05 PM
The stadium, with that rickety old barn shed they call a stand is a total dive, so I cant imagine the function suites in it are like the Ritz!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Is it anything like "The Tony Knowles Suite"?

No but they do have The Stephen Hendry suite - you cant come back after 7 drinks.

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I dont know why folk on here are taking the pee out of the catering / hospitality at the PBS.

It would be daft for any club with plans in place for a £50,000,000 revamp of the ground to spend money on the facilities in place already. I'm willing to bet that ( probably towards the end of this season ) the bulldozers will move in to demolish the current stand in preparation for the exciting new construction.

Not for the 'big club' £6,000,000 on a main stand with superb facilities and unrestricted views of the pitch. Thats for wee teams.

Just you wait and see.

:cb